We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

''Old School'' group running instances on level

Watching a couple of vids inspired me, LotRO PvE is rather bland atm and I was looking for a change. From reading old forum posts/videos I'd like to propose a group of players coming together, using the levelling disabler stone and run instances as they were.

A number of people are doing this on Anduin-de but my german is limited so I couldn't play with them, anyway they came up with these 'rules':

Rules:
    - character level max. 50/60
    - no legendary items (if doing SoA content)
    - no MoM quest rewards (if doing SoA content)
    - no items from bound lootboxes
    - no items from scaled instances
    - no items from hobbit presents
    - no cloaks from the moors
    - no items earned with high-lvl chars
    - ... etc.

I would add: capped virtues as they were (Level 50, 8, Level 60, 10)

Here are some links to their videos so you can get a better idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ScPBZa5G4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb5xyzjuLH4

P.s. I would be playing an LM/champ/guard/captain if this works out.

SoA : 0 MoM: 3
    Last edited by Enzaraen; Sep 06 2014 at 05:40 AM.

I don't think the moors cloaks can be worn at level 40 anymore, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Those cargul in Northeast Angmar drop some nice purples for gearing up though..... and sometimes a cowbell or "tome of the". By the time you kill one of them, the other should be respawned. Also I think the 2? up the hill toward Uru/CD might drop along those lines as well...can't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by EmyrSelyf View Post
    I don't think the moors cloaks can be worn at level 40 anymore, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Those cargul in Northeast Angmar drop some nice purples for gearing up though..... and sometimes a cowbell or "tome of the". By the time you kill one of them, the other should be respawned. Also I think the 2? up the hill toward Uru/CD might drop along those lines as well...can't recall.
    Yeah I took that from a list of rules from another kin capping at 50 and running stuff.
    Aim is to run the Rift on level.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzaraen View Post
    Yeah I took that from a list of rules from another kin capping at 50 and running stuff.
    Aim is to run the Rift on level.
    If they made the no XP thing a free toggle and not make it so i have to pay to gain nothing.

Loth. If you truly intend on doing this, I would love to join. I have tried 2 other times, but the group never stayed with the program. I have several toons that would fit your requirements. and am willing to cap at 60. This is my dream come true if you can get enough people in on it. Hit me up on crums raidcall. or on Sonofa in the moors, though I am playing more on brandy right now.
    Thnx for doing this, I hope it works out...
    Easymoney

Yeah I want to do this and if I get more interest i'll put a poll on for SoA (50) or MoM (50) i'm up for MoM atm

XP disabler price has been reduced to 100 tp from 495

Sounds great and I'd definitely interested to join. Hook me up via my main Lyonel

I would definitely like to join in too.I already have. a XP disabled RK at 60 and have two more chars close to 50.My laptop has currently crashed though...so on top of all the fun I see you guys have in Ettens I will not be able to join sooner than the 12th in these lower lvl group runs.
    Tilimir ~ Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon21 View Post
    I would definitely like to join in too.I already have. a XP disabled RK at 60 and have two more chars close to 50.My laptop has currently crashed though...so on top of all the fun I see you guys have in Ettens I will not be able to join sooner than the 12th in these lower lvl group runs.
    Aw, been wondering where you were at. Good luck with the fix.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

Due to stat changes and the class mechanics changing. Aswell as trait systrms changing I feel wearing gear that was great at level 50 is pointless. When stat distribution and stat caps were far far different. We should look at changing some of these rules up. Or we are just going to be significantly underpowered even in the highest quality gear. Compared to how we were at 50 cap.

For this reason I vote 60-65 cap. Plus moria and mirk on level is amazing and far more choices since 50 only really has the rift now in its original packaging. Hele fornost and the like being split up kinda sucks

I will xp cap my burg at 60. 49 right now

Quote Originally Posted by spikethe3rd View Post
    Due to stat changes and the class mechanics changing. Aswell as trait systrms changing I feel wearing gear that was great at level 50 is pointless. When stat distribution and stat caps were far far different. We should look at changing some of these rules up. Or we are just going to be significantly underpowered even in the highest quality gear. Compared to how we were at 50 cap.

For this reason I vote 60-65 cap. Plus moria and mirk on level is amazing and far more choices since 50 only really has the rift now in its original packaging. Hele fornost and the like being split up kinda sucks

I will xp cap my burg at 60. 49 right now
    Yeah I agree with you there, will add a 'vote'.

Please edit/reply with your preferred level cap.

60 cap voted

65 cap vote

Quote Originally Posted by spikethe3rd View Post
    65 cap vote
    problem with that is that all 65 instances got scaled and we would get trash loot but I am flexible nonetheless

Guess level 60 it is. Please reply with your new/current chars names you're gonna be using.

For level 60 I will be on my runekeeper Dhudin.Will contact you in game hopefully in the following week Loth.

EDIT: I was glad to see they finally lowered the price on xp disabler from 495 TP to 100 TP,if what I read is true it would help more people join in maybe now.
    Tilimir ~ Crickhollow

Yeah I saw that price reduction ,

Will pm/mail you ing

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon21 View Post
    For level 60 I will be on my runekeeper Dhudin.Will contact you in game hopefully in the following week Loth.

EDIT: I was glad to see they finally lowered the price on xp disabler from 495 TP to 100 TP,if what I read is true it would help more people join in maybe now.

Heard ya still got comp problems :/

I'm ready to start a new alt

Heard ya still got comp problems :/

I'm ready to start a new alt
    Next week some time I will have my laptop back.
    I am displaying unique self composure for a Greek this month without a computer.It acted as a rehab.
    I revived an old laptop from the Olympic Games...of Athens 2004 with Linux and I...slowly surf the webs.
    Tilimir ~ Crickhollow

Sounds good

Cya then

Playing on Windfola is a depressing experience these days. The only thing that seems active is the level 100 big battles and skraids. PvP is in such a state that if you come across a freep you are mostly in shock of seeing the rare commodity. For level 60 content I have tried 3 days to get groups going. I didn't even receive a single response for any of the posts in world chat or LFF. In the Angmar area, I did not even see any other players to be able to attempt the level 50 content.

A sad state for what was once a great game and a great server.

Quote Originally Posted by Erazer_The_Stalker View Post
    Playing on Windfola is a depressing experience these days. The only thing that seems active is the level 100 big battles and skraids. PvP is in such a state that if you come across a freep you are mostly in shock of seeing the rare commodity. For level 60 content I have tried 3 days to get groups going. I didn't even receive a single response for any of the posts in world chat or LFF. In the Angmar area, I did not even see any other players to be able to attempt the level 50 content.

A sad state for what was once a great game and a great server.
    Ai, tell me about it. After taking a lengthy hiatus from the game, when I came back this January to do Angmar, I cannot tell you how difficult it was to get people to join me on Angmar content. It's Turbine's fault tbh- they have created a farm-happy, grind-geared LOTRO generation.

Most nights around 8-12 EST I get small freep groups started once I've arranged things with creeps (it's sad that I have to artificially get things going but, eh, what are you gonna do?). Last night we had our first RvR in weeks, and smaller action lingered for a few hours.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

You could always move to bw j/s I did after 5 ys on windy, moved last July 2013, join this multi kin effort if you want to do lvl 60 stuff "We cannot get out- This is a Moria/Loth Kinship. (Max level to join is level 60) and an xp disabler from the store is required to be in this kin or at least have one when you near their level cap. Most here are alts of others from a wide variety of kinships on Brandywine". ~Grumpycat

Watching a couple of vids inspired me, LotRO PvE is rather bland atm and I was looking for a change. From reading old forum posts/videos I'd like to propose a group of players coming together, using the levelling disabler stone and run instances as they were.

A number of people are doing this on Anduin-de but my german is limited so I couldn't play with them, anyway they came up with these 'rules':

Rules:
    - character level max. 50/60
    - no legendary items (if doing SoA content)
    - no MoM quest rewards (if doing SoA content)
    - no items from bound lootboxes
    - no items from scaled instances
    - no items from hobbit presents
    - no cloaks from the moors
    - no items earned with high-lvl chars
    - ... etc.

I would add: capped virtues as they were (Level 50, 8, Level 60, 10)
    I'd be interested in the MoM level 60 cap
    Creeps: Rahukal (BA), Jvarasura (Defiler), Gaki (Warg), Nirriti & DCI Tennison (Weaver and broodling), Yatana (WL), Krodha (Reaver)
    Freep: Duinlinnod (Guard)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast