We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking for an active kinship

Hello,

I am a two-year player of lotro considering joining a new kin because the kin I am currently in seems never active during the time I am on (afternoon/evening, american time.) This is a very difficult decision for me since I love my kin very much but I also like having people to talk to. I have another friend in the kin who might also be interested in a more active kinship.
    My main is level 72 right now because of a really bad alt habit and because when I am at college I only get on for about an hour a day-- regrettably. I love running dungeons/raids and that kind of thing and questing and helping people and chatting but homework keeps me from being on with a really regular schedule. Currently aiming for cap. I have all crafting guilds unlocked, though working on leveling them.

Someone said that all the more active kinships were very exclusive, so I'd like to know-- what are the options for a player like me?

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by ErulisseDarkmorn; Sep 16 2014 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ErulisseDarkmorn View Post
    Hello,

I am a two-year player of lotro considering joining a new kin because the kin I am currently in seems never active during the time I am on (afternoon/evening, american time.) This is a very difficult decision for me since I love my kin very much but I also like having people to talk to. I have another friend in the kin who might also be interested in a more active kinship.
    My main is level 72 right now because of a really bad alt habit and because when I am at college I only get on for about an hour a day-- regrettably. I love running dungeons/raids and that kind of thing and questing and helping people and chatting but homework keeps me from being on with a really regular schedule. Currently aiming for cap. I have all crafting guilds unlocked, though working on leveling them.

Someone said that all the more active kinships were very exclusive, so I'd like to know-- what are the options for a player like me?

Thank you very much.
    Hey, I know severaly kinships that would be good for you on Withywindle. My favorite being the Dunedain of the North. We do nightly instances and raids at lvl cap at both EU and American high times as well as mid lvl instances weekly (trying to get that number up). We are trying to get the number of mid lvl instances up right now. We also run Epic Battles so you would be able to participate in those as long as you have HD because of the level scaling.
    We are a chatty group as well.

So would you be interested in joining the Dunedain?
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    Hey, I know severaly kinships that would be good for you on Withywindle. My favorite being the Dunedain of the North. We do nightly instances and raids at lvl cap at both EU and American high times as well as mid lvl instances weekly (trying to get that number up). We are trying to get the number of mid lvl instances up right now. We also run Epic Battles so you would be able to participate in those as long as you have HD because of the level scaling.
    We are a chatty group as well.

So would you be interested in joining the Dunedain?
    That... actually sounds perfect for me. I have full unlocks and like to instance and talk. As long as it is okay that I keep phasing in and out of being active because of homework.... when I am very busy because of homework, I can't run instances as often, even though I usually log in at least once a day. (I want to contribute as much as possible, but real life comes first.) If that is okay, I am very interested.

Question: Does DotN require moving of all alts? I pretty much only play my main right now, but I have several crafting alts. I'm thinking of leaving one or two in the old kin just to check sometimes to tell people where I've gone, since there are a lot of irregulars in my current kin. Also because there are so many of them and I don't use them very much, I am thinking it might be annoying to try to move all but the main and the alt most played.
    Last edited by ErulisseDarkmorn; Sep 17 2014 at 03:23 PM.

I am in the same boat as you right now, only playing for an hour or so every night. RL is definitely allowed to be your #1 priority. You are definitely welcome. We do not have any participation reqs.

In regards to alts. We do allow recruits to have alts in other kins while they are testing the waters, however, to be promoted to a kinsman, the characters that you play (you can leave others in your old kin to check in once in a while) will need to be in the kin.

Our website is kinshipdunedain.net if you want to check us out. That is where we have our forums, guides, calendars, and commandments.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)