We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    I'm trying to get the unequip location to work correctly in my bags and it just doesn't seem to want to work right.

Any chance you could explain a bit more about it?
    I haven't tried the feature in quite a while, so I thought it may just be broken. After some investigation, I've discovered that due to limitations in the Lua interface, it just can't work as well as I originally hoped.

The problem is the new "sort" button in your inventory bags. The (unfortunate) way this feature was implemented is that instead of sorting the items, it sorts the bag slots. So after you click "sort", the slot you see in the top, left position in your bag is not necessarily slot 1 any more; it could be slot 37 or 103 or whatever. After using the sort feature a few times, if you check the slot numbers, they can appear in any arbitrary order. And just because slots appear consecutively in your bag, doesn't mean they have consecutive slot numbers. Unfortunately, there is no way for me (in a Lua plugin) to discover the slot numbering of your bags.

The upshot:
    • I'll upload a new version of the plugin that includes a mechanism for you to figure out the slot numbers of the slots in your bags.
    • You will need a "Set unequip destination" command before each "Remove equipment" command in your sequence. This is because if you want the gear to appear consecutively in your bag, the slot numbers most likely will not be consecutive.
    • If you ever click the "sort" button in your bags, all of the slot numbers will be scrambled, and you will have to redo all of your "Set unequip destination" commands.

No matter what it seems the shield always ends up in slot 1.
    What is most likely happening here:
    1. Suppose the top, left slot in your bags is slot 45.
    2. Suppose your unequip destination is 25.
    3. Suppose all of the slots numbered 25-44 have items in them.
    4. The next time you remove an item, it will try to put it in slot 25, find that slot is full, then try 26...44 and finally find the next empty slot (45).

You mentioned having to put unequip location at the end of a sequence. Why? And is that for everything that you unequip in that sequence?
    It's kind of a moot point now, since the "sort" feature breaks things. But I will explain my original thinking for your amusement.

My assumption was that the numbering of slots in your bags doesn't change; for example, the top, left slot in bag 1 would be numbered slot 1. And hence, any slots that appear consecutively in your bags would have consecutive slot numbers.

Based on this incorrect assumption (or more precisely -- assumption that is no longer correct since the inventory bag revamp) I created the "Set unequip destination" command. I thought you could put one of these commands at the beginning of your sequence, and all of the removed items would go into your bags consecutively starting at that location.

The reason you would want to put the "Set unequip destination" command at the end of the sequence would be if you have three (or more) gearsets that you are switching among. If you put the "Set unequip destination" command at the beginning of the sequence, you are specifying the destination for whichever gearset you happen to be wearing, which could be either of the other two gearsets. If you put the command at the end of the sequence, you are specifying the destination for the gearset you just equipped. So if you always want a particular gearset to go in the same place in your bags, you would need to put the command at the end of the sequence.

Thanks for looking into this. I don't ever use the sort function (I used it once to test it) on my mains. I prefer my sorting/layout that I do manually

You're welcome. Thanks for reporting the issue. The new version (2.03) is up on lotrointerface now.

Version 2.04 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 2.04 release notes

New features:

• A new option has been added to the slot properties page for item slots: "Advance to next slot when item is equipped". If you enable this option, then if you click the item and it fails to equip, the sequence will not advance, and you can simply click again to try again. This is an attempt to address the problem of the "You are too busy to do that" error message when equipping items.
    • An "unlink" button has been added to the slot properties page for "Include other sequence" slots. If you click this button, all of the slots from the included sequence will be copied into the current sequence.
    • A new condition has been added for "Conditional (If-Then)" and "Conditional (If-Then-Else)" slots: You can now check whether an item is equipped or not.
    • A new condition has been added for "Conditional (If-Then)" and "Conditional (If-Then-Else)" slots: You can now check whether any arbitrary effect (buff or debuff) is currently active on the player or target.
    • New event behaviors: You can now reset and/or hide a bar when the mouse cursor arrives at or departs from the bar.

Bug fixes:

• In the previous version, during a group reset operation, subgroups were not being reset as they should. This is now fixed; when a group is reset, all of the bars and subgroups within it will also be reset.
    • When using a sequence bar, if you click on an item to the right of the currently selected item, the cursor should be moved to the clicked item. This was not working in the previous version. This was a rather major bug. Sorry. You get what you pay for.

Other changes:

• In version 2.03, I added a mechanism for discovering bag slot numbers: If you move an item from one slot to another within your bag, you will see a message such as "Item moved from bag slot 103 to bag slot 45" in the chat window. Starting in version 2.04, this message will only be displayed if you are looking at a "Set unequip destination" slot in the sequence editor.

Feedback is appreciated.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jun 04 2015 at 09:09 PM.

Make it automatic execution, so I don't have to play a game at all while playing a game.

ktkxbai

Version 2.05 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 2.05 release notes

Changes:

• Performance improvements:
      • If you have hundreds (or more) of total slots in your sequences, in the previous version you would see degraded performance (hitching or reduced framerate) during combat. This has been fixed. (Note to plugin authors: If you create a hundred Quickslots and assign a skill shortcut to them, they will hog resources: The system animates them even if they aren't being displayed.)
      • Loading and unloading the plugin is significantly faster now.

• Updated Russian translations (provided by DToX).
    • Updated to the latest version of DToX's ContextMenu (for Russian players).

Feedback is appreciated.

Version 2.06 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 2.06 release notes

Bug fixes:

• In the previous version the "Effect is present" condition didn't work. This is fixed now.
    • Workaround for Lua API bug: In the previous version the "Skill is ready" conditional didn't work if you are a Warden and you're doing Battle Preparation. Workaround applied. The condition now only checks the skill cooldown state -- not whether the skill is "usable" or not.
    • Workaround for Lua API bug: In the previous version the "Target has effect" conditional didn't work if your target was a member of your party. Workaround applied.

Other Changes:

• Performance improvement: The plugin will no longer waste time monitoring player/target effects (buffs/debuffs) if there are no conditionals watching for them. This was a very small amount of wasted time, but in combat, every bit counts.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thurallor: I know this is the SequenceBars thread but I just wanted to thank you for making Mouse Finder.

I love the animated part of it since that is far faster to catch my eye than just a bright color or something surrounding my mouse pointer.

I resized the circle so that it was 128x128 and edited the .lua file to fit that and it was much more agreeable to me. The default 480x480 is just too huge.

Maybe provide some size options? 480x480, 256x256, 128x128 ? Another thing would maybe adjust the timeout of the circle disappearing after you let your pointer come to a rest. Allow for user selectable times for that?

Anyhow, thanks again for yet another helpful plugin.

Thumbs up

That's a good idea. I added some configurable options in a new version (1.02). It should be available at lotrointerface momentarily.

Woot! Thanks, Thurallor! You are so responsive to feedback :-D

We aim to please.

Version 2.07 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 2.07 release notes

Bug fixes:
    • In the previous version, the color picker didn't remember the previous color when first opened.
    • Some conditionals were not being evaluated properly, so inactive branches were being shown/selected.

Other Changes:
    • Due to Lua API bugs with no viable workaround, I have removed the following conditions for the "Conditional" special slots: "Target has debuff: Disease", "Target has debuff: Fear", "Target has debuff: Poison", "Target has debuff: Wound", "Target has effect", "Target doesn't have effect". I hope Turbine fixes the bugs soon, and then I will add these features back in. Meanwhile, not tracking the target effects may yield a slight performance improvement.
    • Save operations are now less frequent; this may yield a slight performance improvement.

Feedback is appreciated.

Amazing job. Very comprehensive video and explanations. I'm eager to use it IG.
    Thanks !

Looks great, but before I install it and get used to it up to the point I wouldn't want to miss it anymore, I have two questions for Thurallor:

- Do you expect any problems with the upcoming cosmetic weapons?
    (I don't know how the slots will work yet, maybe they won't even be on the main character equipment tab, just like the rest of the cosmetics. Then there shouldn't be a porblem at all?!)

- If so, will you be around to fix them?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinieth View Post
    Looks great, but before I install it and get used to it up to the point I wouldn't want to miss it anymore, I have two questions for Thurallor:

- Do you expect any problems with the upcoming cosmetic weapons?
    (I don't know how the slots will work yet, maybe they won't even be on the main character equipment tab, just like the rest of the cosmetics. Then there shouldn't be a porblem at all?!)

- If so, will you be around to fix them?

Thanks in advance.
    I don't anticipate any functional problems with the cosmetic weapon system. However, I do have one concern: When you change weapons, if you change to a different weapon type, your current cosmetic weapon may no longer apply (since the type of weapon must match between the real weapon and the cosmetic one). You may have to manually reselect the cosmetic weapon. That would not be something that could be fixed in a plugin. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet on Bullroarer. Update 16.2 is coming Monday, so we'll find out then.

In general, whenever there is something that can be fixed (given the manifold limitations of the Lua API as currently implemented), I fix it.

Version 2.09 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 2.09 release notes

Bug fix:
    • In the previous version, there was a bug (race condition) that caused automatic slots (e.g. equipment removals) to sometimes execute after subsequent slots were clicked. This interfered with the standard "spam-clicking gear-swapper" operation. For example, if you had automatic "remove left ring" and "remove right ring" slots followed by two ring items, it could fail to equip both rings if you clicked too fast.

Feedback is appreciated.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Jul 16 2015 at 02:28 PM.

Hello Thurallor,

I really enjoy this plugin, long sequences of clicks are much simpler to manage. Is it possible to reassign the "click" from a mouse button to a another key? I move with my mouse and activate my spells using key-binds, and I'd like to key-bind a sequencer string to a key so that each press of that key will advance the sequence.

regards,
    Kara

Quote Originally Posted by Karanna View Post
    I really enjoy this plugin, long sequences of clicks are much simpler to manage. Is it possible to reassign the "click" from a mouse button to a another key? I move with my mouse and activate my spells using key-binds, and I'd like to key-bind a sequencer string to a key so that each press of that key will advance the sequence.
    Hi Karanna,

I'm glad you like the plugin. Unfortunately it's not possible to implement the feature you requested, due to limitations in the Lua API.

The best you can to is to set up a hotkey that will move the sequence bar under your mouse cursor, no matter where it happens to be on the screen. Then you can click with the left mouse button as usual to do the skills. You can assign different hotkeys to different bars.

If that sounds like something you'd like to do, send me a PM and I can give you an overview of how to set it up.

Thanks,

Version 2.10 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 2.10 release notes

New features:

• Tired of your bars not being in the right position after you resize the window? You can now set the relative position of a bar so it will always be right where you want it. You can position bars relative to: the center of the screen; any of the four corners of the screen; any of the midpoints of the edges of the screen.
    • You can now temporarily "collapse" a bar so that only the currently selected slot is displayed, and "expand" it to restore the bar to its full size.
    • In the right-click menu for a group, you can expand or collapse all bars within the group.
    • New event behaviors have been added to expand or collapse a bar automatically. (I use this feature for a bar that contains travel skills. I set it to expand when the mouse arrives, and collapse when the mouse departs.)
    • New group event behaviors have been added to expand or collapse all bars in a group automatically.

Bug fixes:

• In the previous version, mouse-over highlights sometimes incorrectly persisted when you moved the mouse away from a special slot. This is now fixed.
    • In the previous version, if animation was disabled (i.e. you had a static bar with no scrolling), when you clicked a slot, the cursor did not move. This is now fixed.
    • In the previous version (2.09), I forgot to update the version number. So if you're using Plugin Compendium, you may not have received the update. See the previous release notes (above) for changes introduced in that release.

Other Changes:

• If "snap to grid" is enabled, the plugin will no longer attempt to re-snap the positions of bars each time you change the UI scale option.

Feedback is appreciated.

Version 2.11 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 2.11 release notes

Bug fixes:

• The expand/collapse feature did not properly account for the "orientation" setting. Expand/collapse should now work correctly for all bar orientations (up, down, left, right).

Other Changes:

• Lua API bug workaround: When you change your screen mode "Full Screen (Windowed)" mode, the plugin cannot correctly detect the size of the screen. As a workaround, you should first go into "Full Screen" mode before entering "Full Screen (Windowed)" mode. A help dialog describing this workaround will now appear when screen resizing is detected.

Feedback is appreciated.

Version 2.14 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 2.14 release notes

New features:

• Add two new conditions for If-Then and If-Then-Else conditionals: "Item quantity > x" and "Item quantity < x". These conditions allow you to include different quickslots based on the number of a certain item (e.g. potion) that you have in your inventory.

Bug fixes:

• Minor bug fix to address spurious error message.

Other Changes:

• Further attempts to improve the workaround for the screen size bug.

Feedback is appreciated.

Version 2.15 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 2.15 release notes

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug in version 2.13 that broke some event behaviors and generated error messages in the chat window.

Other Changes:

• If all of your bars are positioned relative to the upper left corner of the screen, then the plugin doesn't care what the screen size is, so it no longer displays the annoying red border and warning message.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    • If all of your bars are positioned relative to the upper left corner of the screen, then the plugin doesn't care what the screen size is, so it no longer displays the annoying red border and warning message.
    Joy! That red border and warning was getting on my nerves...

Joy! That red border and warning was getting on my nerves...
    You should tell me when there are really annoying aspects of my plugin. xD

Version 2.17 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 2.17 release notes

Bug fixes:

• Improved German translations. Thanks, Daefareth!

Other Changes:

• Removed the elaborate workaround for the recently-fixed Lua API bug relating to screen size detection. You should no longer see the red screen border, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Version 2.17 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 2.17 release notes

Bug fixes:

• Improved German translations. Thanks, Daefareth!

Other Changes:

• Removed the elaborate workaround for the recently-fixed Lua API bug relating to screen size detection. You should no longer see the red screen border, ever.
    Outstanding plugin.

A+++++++++++

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast