We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    Of course, you can already do this by creating an if-then slot pair and just not putting any slots between the braces. But that's slightly less elegant.
    Elegant or not, it works for me - thanks for the tip.

Thumbs up works like a charm, once I understood HOW

fade2gray's script altering and other suggestions worked upon coding them on my character's SQ, THANKS, to fade2gray and Thurallor!!
    Last edited by PENwaru; Mar 27 2016 at 11:54 AM.

Lightbulb Extra condtions request

If and when a new version is released, please could you include the following conditions:

1. Player Is/Not In Combat
    2. Champion Fervour (fervor) </> X

Thank you muchly.

place for the gear

we started with your sequence bar in our german kinship
    and we do love it (of course)
    - so two things for now:

1. how do I know / find out - the numers of the places in the bag?

2. is there any way to put the gear taken off at least in a certan bag no.? I read about that sorting thing.
    Can't you let me rightklick on the place or so???

wbr fiorello (beginner)

pls exc. my poor english

Hi Fiorello,

Quote Originally Posted by fiorello View Post
    1. how do I know / find out - the numers of the places in the bag?
    Unfortunately, the "Set unequip destination" ("Ziel für das Ablegen von Ausrüstung festlegen") feature does not work very well. It stopped working well when Turbine added the sort button to the inventory bags. Each time you click that button, it scrambles the slot numbers. If you have ever clicked that button, then the numbering of the slots as they appear in your bags is not consecutive.

To find the numbers for a pair of slots, you can
    1. Open the sequence editor.
    2. Select a "Set unequip destination" slot.
    3. In your inventory bag, move an item from one slot to another.
    4. You will see a message in the chat window:

Item moved from bag slot 114 to bag slot 90. / Gegenstand von Inventarfeld 114 zu Inventarfeld 90 bewegt.

Since the slot numbers are no longer consecutive, you will need a "Set unequip destination" slot before every "Remove equipment" ("Ausrüstung entfernen") slot.

Also, if you ever accidentally click the "sort" button in your inventory bag, all of the slot numbers will be scrambled and you will have to redo all of your "Set unequip destination" slots.

So, as you can see, this feature doesn't work very well any more. It probably is not worth the effort to try to use it.

2. is there any way to put the gear taken off at least in a certan bag no.? I read about that sorting thing.
    Can't you let me rightklick on the place or so???
    No, this is not possible. The Turbine Lua API does not allow it. Sorry.

-Thurallor
    Last edited by Thurallor; May 05 2016 at 11:48 PM.

Question Trigger an Event

Hi there.

You created a wonderful plugin, I love it!

I try to organize my gambits with this plugin. It worked very good.
    I sorted my heals for example in categories like Heal1, Heal2; my DOTs with DOT1 etc.

Now, I try to trigger an event. No, not "How do I trigger this in 1 click"

I want my cursor (Options?cursor?style) to change, if I get over the Button "Heal1" etc. with my cursor. It should look like it lights up.
    Something like a Background for the categories I created.

Is there something possible?

Greetings, FreshPaul

By the way, I'm also german, so don't kill me for my bad grammar. Tried the best! =)

Hi FreshPaul,

Quote Originally Posted by FreshPaul View Post
    You created a wonderful plugin, I love it!
    I'm glad!

I try to organize my gambits with this plugin. It worked very good.
    I sorted my heals for example in categories like Heal1, Heal2; my DOTs with DOT1 etc.

Now, I try to trigger an event. No, not "How do I trigger this in 1 click"

I want my cursor (Options?cursor?style) to change, if I get over the Button "Heal1" etc. with my cursor. It should look like it lights up.
    Something like a Background for the categories I created.

Is there something possible?
    You would like to change the cursor style for all bars in a group, when the mouse arrives at any bar in the group. Correct?

If I understand you correctly... There currently is no way to do it. It could certainly be added, but the question is, what is the best way to add the feature to the existing user interface? I'll think about it.

Best regards,
    Thurallor

• There is a new event behavior: "Move bar to mouse cursor". This causes the bar to be moved underneath your mouse cursor, wherever it happens to be on the screen. (You can create a shortcut in one of your standard quickslot bars to generate the user event. Then use the hotkey for that slot to move the bar under your mouse cursor.)
    I got a PM from someone with a disability who uses SequenceBars because he finds it difficult to rapidly point at things with the mouse. I suggested he use the hotkey feature (described above) and I made a video to demonstrate how to do it:

I got a PM from someone with a disability who uses SequenceBars because he finds it difficult to rapidly point at things with the mouse. I suggested he use the hotkey feature (described above) and I made a video to demonstrate how to do it:
    NICE!

As always thanks for the good / hard work you put into one of best plugins out there!

Thanks, mmogaming!

Version 3.08 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 3.08 release notes

Bug fixes:

• If the UI scale was not set to exactly 100%, the "move to mouse cursor" event behavior failed to move the bar exactly underneath the mouse cursor. This is now fixed.

New features:

• You can now assign event behaviors for bars and groups that activate when your stance changes.
    • New conditions are available for conditional slots: stance; champion fervour > x; champion fervour < x; player in combat; player not in combat.

11. Jun 18 2016, 07:41 AM

Another request for possible inclusion.

I found the need to cluster some bars together, but this was thwarted by the interference of the bar's captions no matter how the captions were orientated or whether or not they were hidden.

So I've come up with a solution that adds an extra Group Settings menu item - "Group Settings > Bars Captions Minimized". This allows the captions of all bars within a group to be minimized to a 0x0 footprint; the captions can then be revealed by mousing over the individual bars.

What I would like to have happen is have the captions highlighted when revealed (as happens when they are hidden and revealed), but haven't been able to figure out how to do it.

YouTube demo - https://youtu.be/GWFijufgAG0

DropBox link for patch files - SequenceBars308MinimzedCaption s.zip (Link redundant - see post #138)
    Last edited by fade2gray; Aug 05 2016 at 10:17 AM.

The highlighting is kind of buggy, IIRC. I think you have to call SetText() again when you change it, or something like that.

Can you explain what you're trying to achieve by the comparisons to 32 in the following line in Group.lua?
    Code:
            if ((caption.width >= 32 and caption.height >=32) or (caption.widthMax == nil and caption.heightMax == nil)) then
    Also in the future, please send the complete files, rather than .patch files. It's very cumbersome for me to apply .patch files in Windows, but I can instantaneously graphically compare files with WinMerge.

Can you explain what you're trying to achieve by the comparisons to 32 in the following line in Group.lua?
    Explaining this kind of thing doesn't come easy to me, so I hope the following makes sense.

1. I could have made the comparison with > 0, but the smallest size the caption editor's text box can be dragged down to is 32x32.
    2. If the caption.width and caption.height comparisons are omitted altogether, any changes made when editing will be lost and revert to unedited.
    3. If caption.width and caption.height are tested just for true, any attempt to edit the caption of a new bar will immediately minimize it.

NOTE: I failed to include code required to save any caption edits (after applying Bars Captions Minimized) to the plugindata file.

Modified (complete ) files including revised bar.lua https://www.dropbox.com/s/4j8vliwc0i...edCaptions.zip

Hi fade2gray,

Well, I sort of added the feature. I didn't do it quite the way you did, because in my mind it's a bar-specific option, so it belongs in the bar settings menu. Unfortunately that means there's no way to change the setting for a whole group of bars, like there was in your implementation. However, I included some code to convert the barsCaptionsMinimized option in your settings file to my format, so you shouldn't need to redo anything.

I've been thinking of adding the ability to apply an arbitrary settings change to all of the bars in a group, but so far it hasn't seemed worth the effort.

Version 3.09 is now posted at lotrointerface.

Version 3.09 release notes

New features:

• New bar option: You can now set the caption to be visible always, never, or only when the mouse is over the bar.
    • New bar option: You can now set whether the caption is clickable by the mouse.

Excellent as ever - thanks very much for implementing that.

I included some code to convert the barsCaptionsMinimized option in your settings file to my format, so you shouldn't need to redo anything.
    That didn't quite do it for me.

I had many bars, with their captions minimized, that no amount of manipulating with 'Visble>Always|Never|When mouse is present' would bring back to view. I had to manually edit the plugindata file to swap the zero values of width/height with their corresponding widthMax/heightMax values, and subsequently delete the lines containing widthMax/heightMax.

I say "manually edit" but I actually created an AutoHotkey script to do it - it also removes any line from the plugindata file containing "barsCaptionsMinimized".

If anyone needs the script it's here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rqh8fcfkj...sSize.zip?dl=0 - The zip also includes a compiled executable which will run on at least Windows 7 if you don't have AutoHotkey installed (the exe should also run under Linux Wine).

Thanks again.

P.S. Probably not feasible to implement due to backwards compatibility; editing the plugindata file would be easier if there was some differentiation between a group's and bar's caption headers.
    Last edited by fade2gray; Aug 29 2016 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fade2gray View Post
    That didn't quite do it for me.
    Oh well, I tried.

Anyway to get this assigned to a key, like the 1 key, you press it rather then using the mouse?

Another thing I noticed. On the regular bar, if you do not have a target selected and you click a spell, it targets the closest mob and the next click casts the spell.

Your bar, if you have no target and click the first spell, targets the nearest mob, but also moves the bar, making you click the 2ed spell in the sequence not the 1st, so you miss the first spell in the sequence.

The bar should not rotate on a click but on the spell clicked on actually going off.

Brit
    Last edited by Brit00; Oct 02 2016 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brit00 View Post
    Anyway to get this assigned to a key, like the 1 key, you press it rather then using the mouse?
    Sorry, no. However, there is this.

Another thing I noticed. On the regular bar, if you do not have a target selected and you click a spell, it targets the closest mob and the next click casts the spell.

Your bar, if you have no target and click the first spell, targets the nearest mob, but also moves the bar, making you click the 2ed spell in the sequence not the 1st, so you miss the first spell in the sequence.

The bar should not rotate on a click but on the spell clicked on actually going off.
    Unfortunately sometimes skills take a long time to fire off after you click them (e.g. if another skill is already being performed), so if I did what you've requested, it would slow down the normal usage scenarios significantly.

However, I thought of another way to achieve your desired behavior, implemented in version 3.10 (now posted at lotrointerface).

Version 3.10 release notes

New feature:

• Added a new option for Skill quickslots: You can now specify "Requires target" in the sequence editor.

If you use the "Allow skill buttons to target nearest enemy" option in the game, then this option is for you. If this option is enabled, the slot will not advance if you click on it without having a target selected. The first time you click the slot, the skill will not execute and the bar will not scroll, but the nearest enemy will be selected. You can then click the slot again to execute the skill and scroll the bar.

Unfortunately sometimes skills take a long time to fire off after you click them (e.g. if another skill is already being performed), so if I did what you've requested, it would slow down the normal usage scenarios significantly.

However, I thought of another way to achieve your desired behavior, implemented in version 3.10 (now posted at lotrointerface).

Version 3.10 release notes

New feature:

• Added a new option for Skill quickslots: You can now specify "Requires target" in the sequence editor.

If you use the "Allow skill buttons to target nearest enemy" option in the game, then this option is for you. If this option is enabled, the slot will not advance if you click on it without having a target selected. The first time you click the slot, the skill will not execute and the bar will not scroll, but the nearest enemy will be selected. You can then click the slot again to execute the skill and scroll the bar.
    Very nice. Thanks!

One question. If you somehow manage to delete the only bar, how do you get it back without copying over a default pref file?

IOW. I use the bar for DPS, but it is not that great for healing. When I flipped to heal mode I deleted the bar, then when I flipped back to DPS mode, I could not figure out how to get it back as there is no bar to click on. I probably should have hidden it, but...

Brit00

You can always undelete bars by the following procedure:
    1. Open the Plugin Manager
    2. Choose SequenceBars on the left
    3. Select the "Options" tab on the right
    4. Select the "Directory" subtab
    5. Right-click on "Brit00's SequenceBars" and choose "Undelete" from the menu.

If you want to get rid of a deleted bar (or group) permanently, choose "Empty Trash" from that same menu.

I use the bar for DPS, but it is not that great for healing. When I flipped to heal mode I deleted the bar,
    Is there any reason you would not create two separate bars, one for healing and one for DPS?

1. Open the Plugin Manager
    2. Choose SequenceBars on the left
    3. Select the "Options" tab on the right
    4. Select the "Directory" subtab
    5. Right-click on "Brit00's SequenceBars" and choose "Undelete" from the menu.

If you want to get rid of a deleted bar (or group) permanently, choose "Empty Trash" from that same menu.
    I just had the wife delete the bar (yea, she got to play ginna pig), goto the plugin manager, select sequencebars, but the Options tab on the right is greyed out.

Is there any reason you would not create two separate bars, one for healing and one for DPS?
    Healing isn't really a sequential thing as I never know who will need what heal when.

Quote Originally Posted by Brit00 View Post
    I just had the wife delete the bar (yea, she got to play ginna pig), goto the plugin manager, select sequencebars, but the Options tab on the right is greyed out.
    Looks like Thurallor left out a step, you have to have the plugin loaded to access Options, so if the plugin isn't already loaded for the current character (either via Autoload or manually), add a new step 3:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor

1.Open the Plugin Manager
    2.Choose SequenceBars on the left
    3. If the plugin isn't already loaded, Click "Load"
    4.Select the "Options" tab on the right
    5.Select the "Directory" subtab
    6.Right-click on "Brit00's SequenceBars" and choose "Undelete" from the menu.
    If you still have a grey Options tab with the plugin loaded, either the plugin doesn't support Options via the manager (this one does) or something else went wrong. Look for chat messages for errors, make sure that the chat tab you are looking at has both the "Standard" and "Error" channels enabled.

Thanks Garan.

Hey Thurallor,

An observation regarding Caption > Clickable:

When toggling the option, the effect on the SequenceBars.plugindata file is either to show the entry "["$clickThru"] = true" when clickable checked, or no entry at all when clickable not checked.

Making the following change to bars.lua causes the entry to toggle between true and false making debugging/testing a little easier.

FROM
    Code:
    function Bar:SetCaptionClickThru(clickThru)
        if (clickThru == false) then
            clickThru = nil;
        end
        self.settings.caption.clickThru = clickThru;
        self:SaveSettings(false);
        self:Redraw(true);
    end
    TO
    Code:
    function Bar:SetCaptionClickThru(clickThru)
        if (clickThru == nil) then
            clickThru = false;
        end
        self.settings.caption.clickThru = clickThru;
        self:SaveSettings(false);
        self:Redraw(true);
    end
    Oh, and thanks for the mention in the credits - didn't notice that before.

P.S. Would also be nice if ["$barCaption"]/["$groupCaption"] could be implemented in the plugindata file.

Hi fade2gray,
    Quote Originally Posted by fade2gray View Post
    An observation regarding Caption > Clickable:

When toggling the option, the effect on the SequenceBars.plugindata file is either to show the entry "["$clickThru"] = true" when clickable checked, or no entry at all when clickable not checked.
    Yeah, I did this on purpose. The point is to minimize the size of the data that it spits out when you use the "Export" feature. Since "nil" is equivalent to "false" in boolean logic in lua, I can save space by deleting the variable when it's false. Come to think of it, though, it probably would be better to store all of the variables normally in .plugindata, but delete all of the "false" ones during the Export operation.

P.S. Would also be nice if ["$barCaption"]/["$groupCaption"] could be implemented in the plugindata file.
    I also did this on purpose. Both the "Bar" and "Group" objects are derived from "Node", which contains all of the stuff that is in common between the two. For example, in the OptionsPanel, when it displays the hierarchy of groups/bars, it can treat all of the nodes the same when displaying their names. Or that's the theory, anyway.

I'm very curious what exactly you are doing with your .plugindata file now.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast