We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Version 3.11 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 3.11 release notes

New feature:

• For the "Set Unequip Destination" special slot, you can now specify any number of destination slots. The plugin will try all of the listed slot IDs in the order you specify the next time you click a "remove equipment" slot. Multiple slot ID numbers can be separated by semicolons ( ; ). You also specify slot ID number ranges, with ellipses ( x...y ).

Note: To find the slot ID number of a slot in your inventory, move an item into or out of the slot while you are viewing a "Set Unequip Destination" slot in the Sequence Editor. The slot ID number will be shown in the chat window under the "General" tab.

Example 1: If you have a bag with 5 slots, which have ID numbers 79, 45, 73, 33, and 21, you can specify "79;45;73;33;21;1...135" for your preferred bag slots. Then the next time you click a "remove equipment" slot, it will first try to put the item in your desired bag; if that bag is full, it will then try to put it in any other available inventory slot.

Example 2: "120;119...1;121...135" indicates that you want to first try slot 120, and if it's full, then try slots 119-1 (in descending order), and finally slots 121-135.

Version 3.12 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 3.12 release notes

Bug fix:

• Fixed a bug in the options panel that could cause events not to work when the directory is showing.

Thumbs up Addition conditions

I have gone through all of the docs provided as well as looked through some of the scripting.
    I was unable to find anything that suggested the possibility of multiple conditions. Linking them with an "or" statement along with the chances of an "and".
    Other Words when doing a If this then do this. else do this.

So with additional conditions "If Catch Prey 1 is an active effect or catch prey 2.. or catch prey 3... and so forth, then do this...".

Would this concept ever be a possibility?

Another thing I noticed you pointed out that getting a target's effect is a little buggy currently. Have you been able to come up with a work around?
    Example: Target has Ensnared effect 1, 2, or 3 active. This would be displayed in this dropdown and selected to complete the if statement.

Currently I am trying to make if statements for all catch prey. But I haven't gotten it to work correctly because of the conflicts.

Love the plugin. Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Xmok View Post
    I have gone through all of the docs provided as well as looked through some of the scripting.
    I was unable to find anything that suggested the possibility of multiple conditions. Linking them with an "or" statement along with the chances of an "and".
    Other Words when doing a If this then do this. else do this.

So with additional conditions "If Catch Prey 1 is an active effect or catch prey 2.. or catch prey 3... and so forth, then do this...".

Would this concept ever be a possibility?
    I've thought about adding that, but it would be a major UI undertaking and so far I haven't been motivated enough. But there are ways to do it, although they aren't as "user-friendly":

For "and", you can simply nest multiple conditionals:
    if A and B { C }
    is equivalent to
    if A { if B { C } }

For "or", you can do it by repeating the consequent:
    if A or B { C }
    is equivalent to
    if A { C } else { if B { C } }
    where the "C" could be an included sequence, defined as another bar.

The most general way to do it, if you have a programming background, is by choosing the "~Lua script~" option for the conditional. (When you select this choice, you will see the Lua script implementation of the previously-selected conditional choice. Give it a try.) Then you can make whatever complex Boolean expression you feel like.

I can give more detail on any of the above methods you are interested in.

Another thing I noticed you pointed out that getting a target's effect is a little buggy currently. Have you been able to come up with a work around?
    Example: Target has Ensnared effect 1, 2, or 3 active. This would be displayed in this dropdown and selected to complete the if statement.

Currently I am trying to make if statements for all catch prey. But I haven't gotten it to work correctly because of the conflicts.

Love the plugin. Great work!
    Last time I investigated it, Target effects tracking was so buggy it was useless. I couldn't figure out a reliable workaround, no matter how kludgy. As a result, you currently can't select "Target effect" for conditionals.

However, I haven't tried it again since they did the recent client/server optimizations relating to target effects. I'll take another look at it.

Thumbs up Conditional adjustments

[/QUOTE]For "and", you can simply nest multiple conditionals:
    if A and B { C }
    is equivalent to
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurallor View Post
    if A { if B { C } }
    Is this something in which you are talking about?

For "or", you can do it by repeating the consequent:
    if A or B { C }
    is equivalent to
    if A { C } else { if B { C } }
    where the "C" could be an included sequence, defined as another bar.
    I finally got this one to work. This is what I ended up with.

The most general way to do it, if you have a programming background, is by choosing the "~Lua script~" option for the conditional. (When you select this choice, you will see the Lua script implementation of the previously-selected conditional choice. Give it a try.) Then you can make whatever complex Boolean expression you feel like.
    I was looking through the examples and samples on the LUA scripting. It reminds me of the .net in visual studio. Never messed with this scripting but it is interesting and I can read through it. There would have to be a library or code reference for the direct call out of ensnared. Do you have an example for this?

Last time I investigated it, Target effects tracking was so buggy it was useless. I couldn't figure out a reliable workaround, no matter how kludgy. As a result, you currently can't select "Target effect" for conditionals.

However, I haven't tried it again since they did the recent client/server optimizations relating to target effects. I'll take another look at it.
    That would be amazing if you could. The scenario I am using this is in the monsterplay. I am hiding the Envenom as a non use until I have the Catch Prey active effect on myself. But since this is not an available effect on the target, the ensnared effect on the target, I had to go off of the catch prey.

This would truly be amazing if you were able to search for the targeted effect. I think I understand of the weight of it's target effects. Having to switch to another and back again to a diff target within a raid would definitely throw things off. could simply clear the buffer when out of combat and begin again. okay... simply is a long way off but something similar would be great if were achievable.
    Last edited by Xmok; Jan 30 2017 at 12:58 AM.

Is this something in which you are talking about?
    Yes, but you need more close-brackets ('}') at the end. There needs to be a matching '}' for each '{'.

I finally got this one to work. This is what I ended up with.
    Yes, that looks like a correct implementation of "OR", assuming the same User Event is being generated in slots 2, 5, 8, 11, 14. (I had suggested you use the "Include Sequence" feature, but generating a User Event is perfectly valid.)

I was looking through the examples and samples on the LUA scripting. It reminds me of the .net in visual studio. Never messed with this scripting but it is interesting and I can read through it. There would have to be a library or code reference for the direct call out of ensnared. Do you have an example for this?
    I'll give an example in a follow-up message.

That would be amazing if you could. The scenario I am using this is in the monsterplay. I am hiding the Envenom as a non use until I have the Catch Prey active effect on myself. But since this is not an available effect on the target, the ensnared effect on the target, I had to go off of the catch prey.

This would truly be amazing if you were able to search for the targeted effect. I think I understand of the weight of it's target effects. Having to switch to another and back again to a diff target within a raid would definitely throw things off. could simply clear the buffer when out of combat and begin again. okay... simply is a long way off but something similar would be great if were achievable.
    I'll look into it today.

How to combine conditions with "and", "or", etc. into a single condition:

1. Discover the Lua implementations of the conditions you want to combine.
    2. Combine them into a single Lua script.

To get the Lua implemetation for a condition, first select the condition you are interested in:

Then, choose "~Lua script~" in the pulldown menu:

Shown in the code window is the Lua function for evaluating the condition:
    local _, player = ...;
    local attribs = player:GetClassAttributes();
    return attribs.IsInBearForm and attribs:IsInBearForm();

• The first line gets the function's arguments (...) and assigns them into local variables (_, player). SequenceBars always passes the same two arguments when evaluating conditions: the Slot object, and the LocalPlayer object. (Since this condition doesn't care about the Slot object, it assigns the unobtrusive name "_" to it.)
    • The last line checks whether your character is a Beorning (if so, then the function IsInBearForm will exist) and if so, whether you are currently in Bear form. It returns true or false.

Below the code window, there is a Play button (>). If you click this, the function will be executed immediately, and the result (true or false) is shown below the button.

Now let's choose another condition:

Then, choose "~Lua script~" in the pulldown menu to see the implementation:
    return Thurallor.Utils.Watcher.Player HasEffect("A Quiet Calm");

• This condition doesn't care about any arguments, so it ignores them.
    • It uses a global utility function to determine whether the effect "A Quiet Calm" is currently active on your character, and returns true or false.

Now to combine the two conditions into one, we combine the two Lua scripts. For example, let's make an "OR" operation:
    local _, player = ...;
    return
    (attribs.IsInBearForm and attribs:IsInBearForm()) or Thurallor.Utils.Watcher.Player HasEffect("A Quiet Calm");

Unfortunately the problem with target effects tracking is still present. (In particular it seems to be generating EffectAdded events where EffectRemoved events are needed, and that's screwing up the effects list.) I submitted another bug report about it, but it is highly unlikely that the problem will be fixed since plugin support is a very low priority for SSG. Sorry.

Unfortunately the problem with target effects tracking is still present. (In particular it seems to be generating EffectAdded events where EffectRemoved events are needed, and that's screwing up the effects list.) I submitted another bug report about it, but it is highly unlikely that the problem will be fixed since plugin support is a very low priority for SSG. Sorry.
    Unfortunately, per Cordovan and Sev, plugin support isn't just a low priority, it is a zero priority. None of the staff that were implementing it are still with the company and they have no intention of pursuing Lua further, so I definitely wouldn't hold out any hope for bug fixes ever. Lua will be left to wither on the vine. It is a bit sad given the potential return on investment. I had hoped that now that developers were back in control that they would see the benefits but alas, it wasn't just the accountants that were missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    Unfortunately, per Cordovan and Sev, plugin support isn't just a low priority, it is a zero priority. None of the staff that were implementing it are still with the company and they have no intention of pursuing Lua further, so I definitely wouldn't hold out any hope for bug fixes ever. Lua will be left to wither on the vine. It is a bit sad given the potential return on investment. I had hoped that now that developers were back in control that they would see the benefits but alas, it wasn't just the accountants that were missing the point.
    It really is a shame. Supporting plugins was one of those "force multipliers" that allowed Turbine to marshal the creative talents of recreational programmers to their cause.

It also, for me at least, represents the best "sandboxing" feature of the game. In the future, successful games are going to have to figure out more ways to let people be creative in the game. Character leveling isn't fulfilling enough to keep most people interested for very long.

Version 3.13 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 3.13 release notes

New feature:

• Added mouse wheel support. You can now scroll a bar using the mouse wheel, if you enable the "Mouse Wheel" option in the bar settings menu.

Bug fix:

• In the previous version the "Target Power > x" condition for conditional slots didn't work. It gave an error message if you selected it. This problem is now fixed.

Version 3.13 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 3.13 release notes

New feature:

• Added mouse wheel support. You can now scroll a bar using the mouse wheel, if you enable the "Mouse Wheel" option in the bar settings menu.

Bug fix:

• In the previous version the "Target Power > x" condition for conditional slots didn't work. It gave an error message if you selected it. This problem is now fixed.
    Thank for your continued support!

With the various armor setups I have, this plugin saves me so much time!

Hi Thurallor, I've discovered a problem with the Warden Assailment Stance (AS) conditional.

It works fine generally but if you're currently in AS and toggle Class Trait (CT), e.g. from red to blue, SB then thinks your stance has changed from AS to In-the-Fray Stance (FS) when in reality you're still in AS; [1] this doesn't happen if you're in FS at the time you toggle CT.

Resetting any bar that employs the AS conditional has no effect when this condition is present, the only way out is to either reload SB or switch from AS to FS and back again.

I thought it might have something to with toggling CT causing the stance cooldown timer to fire, but see point [1] above.

Further investigation when toggling CT in AS:

Code:
    if [0] "Melody (Minstrel) / None"                                          toggles false/true
    if [1] "Precision (Hunter) / Dissonance (Minstrel)"                        toggles false/false
    if [2] "Strength (Hunter) / Resonance (Minstrel) / In the Fray (Warden)"   toggles false/true
    if [3] "Endurance (Hunter) / Assailment (Warden)"                          toggles true/false
    So a workaround that seems to work for me is:
    Code:
    local _, player = ...;
    return attribs.GetStance and ((attribs:GetStance() == 3) or (attribs:GetStance() == 0));
    Hoping you might be able to fix this, thank you as always.

Hi fade2gray,

It seems to be a bug in the Turbine.Gameplay.Player.GetSta nce() method, which is returning invalid results after you change trait trees.

Doesn't seem to be an elegant way to work around it. I'm not sure your proposal would work for other classes.

I'm trying to think of a kludge that doesn't involve parsing the stance-changed messages in the chat window, with separate handling for each client language.

*grumble*

I decided to cache the stance value and monitor when the user clicks the stance-change skills. Seems to work pretty well.

Version 3.14 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 3.14 release notes

Bug fixes (actually workarounds for Lua API bugs):

• In previous versions, changing trait trees caused the plugin to forget which stance your character was in. As a result, any "Stance" conditional slots would not work correctly after changing trait trees, until you selected a new stance. This problem is now fixed.
    • In previous versions, changing trait trees generated a spurious "stance changed" event. This extra event will no longer trigger your "event behaviors".

I decided to cache the stance value and monitor when the user clicks the stance-change skills. Seems to work pretty well.
    Thanks for the prompt fix, but I found a further problem.

Conditions are OK when changing the tree, but if you make a second change the conditions break.

This is how I see things happening https://youtu.be/W5SaR2Hl4ww

Quote Originally Posted by fade2gray View Post
    Thanks for the prompt fix, but I found a further problem.

Conditions are OK when changing the tree, but if you make a second change the conditions break.

This is how I see things happening https://youtu.be/W5SaR2Hl4ww
    Hmm, I'm surprised my testing department didn't catch that. Oh wait, you did.

Hopefully it's now fixed in v3.15.

Hmm, I'm surprised my testing department didn't catch that. Oh wait, you did.

Hopefully it's now fixed in v3.15.
    Yup, that fixed it, but (you knew there'd be a but didn't you ) would you have a look at this https://youtu.be/igKZX4Mxrk0 [ducks to one side]

Thanks again for the bug reports. Keep 'em coming.

Can you export those bars and PM them to me? I'd like to be able to use them as a test case to isolate the problem.

Can you export those bars and PM them to me? I'd like to be able to use them as a test case to isolate the problem.
    Dropbox link sent.

Quote Originally Posted by fade2gray View Post
    Dropbox link sent.
    Thanks. I found the problem and fixed it.

I also discovered you're doing something I hadn't anticipated -- you have bars that are running continuously, but without having the "run continuously" option enabled. You do this by enabling an event handler to reset the bar for the events "M0" and "M1", then immediately generate one or the other after the bar resets. This produces a continuous stream of events, but it seems to work fine. The only reservation I'd have is that you are potentially checking the mount status more often than you need to, thus using more CPU time than necessary. It may reduce your frame rate in the game slightly.

The way I've done this for my personal use is to have one continuously running bar, called the "Ticker". It consists of a 1-second delay slot, followed by generating a user event called "Tick". Then if I wanted a mount detector bar, for example, I would tell it to reset when the "Tick" event occurs. So it's only checking the mount status every 1 s, instead of every 10 ms. (I only use this for out-of-combat stuff that doesn't need to be updated extremely rapidly.)

You can paste this into your import window to try it out:
    Code:
    .b>g/^.8B3B;BY764NE08HCX3ZR\C5fW7J:2KB_2`c.SUV2Xb_?Cch0^AC5`AC3X58XRJhO@hc/Cib/b1lBNXZO0C:C1WGPVX9N6??[/CE_2C?X78QNW^R_>CEFX0UhPPOXXX=>B@S;/gHXPh0cO9XO8KfUl8NVKCSTZb4;?R_CJ?QH1k7S8Vb2g1CR[V;J0;G\Xd`9[C]BI48i6JHEBJS9=OHGAYR<cEG1].V^E`5TSZOgCh1bCiS=?1S2f48i=Lh.gL9:^8WS1k1i1N8gRO>:Am.OXCH9e81c1f0\G>eA.k?R0EjU0E;8W?=;;OZ/E:VJV39_CZT>`=7ZEeY;f^GP[?442E7OC:UNF@O@4OV4lRR5=?c8P2fQ62=O8cW3Jk6mLY?6c0Y78CQPBNbSEPFG>?8<U@SHLM:1[FWCV./V:CZSf1A\CH.FLh2YDJ76=M:9O8[2:e[1Q.6lCa1?<@QAQ<N9;.bOW9VQ62=O8SS@P4KJ?H8a[=3D`F[=a5Y\;U`Hl5N?BPC86eUPf5aaWD:RJ1[59OZ/EZRI`B9E.42QG3SZJ_b2\/3b>1d`/:G0`j@KPfQJN5JjNk][S:=VC`B=gZEIH:6:VffILOKO19]XO@U@NT1DH164]G:EHHCZB?/Rek<f8N;4]1;9_I;2=ZBVBQ64BYG6cRVK`hMdgW9U7efgbSHOWg9XR8cRA]^5WL9H/eIZbc8RJVWJ;NHkRQL@OHV2_R96[[QP<Nc^6\P1.42QGl/:_j?\>QTJ>lmb`4=d8g85jD.:AGO/Se;0i25]6?AkBP>fBZbHA6M0CY3N1bh6N`YPOKcJ.Q5gSR6gUH`>EMH^@/D:NGH[RQL@OE5Wm9TS\jYJQE@CX4YR\hBYD_4k.<Wg[F=J\1EBXOlOS>l.YD@;gh489faQ63JS1lI3ddQ018<<4eVEF>hfXbF3PcTN`/9h@3D\UIC2>GKa>\l[Z?A[[l3>S0ZG.`SI74ZS1\MAlE;9jM:R^>m@d<Lm5`j2?FSjSHOXg9\S8CX`K;U`09maYK0W?0[3I_=^I=>dCa1?<@O@4OV4lRR5=?c8P:1>>AiP/k.aSD:S:fh?2FDPN_3jd306llQi183F`baNWB>k`:.dC15VlRO634[5I4>7M`AWaXO8K>2@4^3J`OhNUX3B`e]<aS8P/XG7OF:^iSDPRIG^l2lH.1<O8gO.K05Xf[b>4EjT@FKgOQ0A]j1^j7AX/P.`/Yd@<G1Q7Xj66FaPCH9^6T^ZP:N@lRPDCH2>jBPCaa:j<8eQajbhU2VdbQK;U@OPSPFL0@\G^P3fd/9h@cF;jMP4QK953J?aR>RFW;giTb][a@M==cD.hkf^^>m>4NF_@1QbBJ/@P[_R\WAcRSLQO/[6aS0\GHG`Bh5Ngd;B.mh4@3>h4hm:Lh0bZIL=bTMPJQS\7k3`8D_@P[_S?/ZlGLcDPdCl:SH_^\/i?2aJa^De.T^Hl@W?0k1I1WCA7`Q==T^D5JU0CX.5NfK/B`JXEU]>G9A`@EO@P[`W?dbcB`JXEU]>GFFIVYBiS29cZ05^SX^Mgm274XCW_ZJC_5<?0?PReU\I5dTU1LT.I.=^..OfPXWEJ>cH7eO0haf>GVYK8cQURIiJ/hLA7X2YbJ.=W4JXCa1?<@U@j5<_XN=k>`>V5^mCg1m>DSYG_lR_jAZL[?5V\_HeZ>>iTa9bXbL^]_RWD<3`=h6TITL.df2b1E`BhR9kK7BZXB>=.^h4WRUB<lK[CPKW\VRYD<L?]ChKAPBF=16[fW2V41b<7?Nj:<cc4icH`Z/8ceB@CY<=W8[2>PTQbO=E.FPC98[2.4755AR?17>ZiU>..
    I also added a new debug feature (see release notes) which hopefully should help you to debug these complex interacting bar scenarios.
    Last edited by Thurallor; Apr 02 2017 at 09:42 PM.

Version 3.16 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 3.16 release notes

New feature:

• Added a "Debug..." feature in the context menu for bars and groups. This opens a log window that you can use to monitor various activities of the object.

Bug fix:

• Fixed a race condition that caused the plugin to have a stale skills list if skill-related conditionals were executed near-simultaneously with a trait tree change. This would only be an issue for bars that are continuously evaluating such conditionals in the background, or if you happened to click a bar at the same time as changing trait trees.

Just found this plugin and I love it! Good job
    LotroComplete - Get it in the App Store Today.
    Check Lotro Sever Status at: https://www.lotrostatus.com

Thanks.

Version 3.17 is now available at lotrointerface.

Version 3.17 release notes

New feature:

• Added a new chat command: "/sb sort <slots>". It sorts the items in the specified bag slots. Syntax for <slots> is the same as for the "preferred bag slots" field of the "Set unequip destination" special slot.

Bug fixes:

• In the previous version, when you set the equipment type for a "Remove equipment" special slot, it incorrectly created a new slot and inserted it before the one you were editing. This is fixed.
    • In the previous version, if your sequence contained multiple consecutive "Remove equipment" slots set to "automatic" activation, you could get an error message ("You are too busy to do that") and some of the items would fail to be unequipped. This is fixed.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast