We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Transfer Hammer is coming: Will Eldar Remain?

Heya, it's me Ellemere,

As we now know transfers are coming fast, with some concrete schedules regarding transfers coming next week. I would like to kick off a discussion as to where people on Eldar are likely to move to if given the option. a few things first though.

1. In terms of number of logins Eldar ranks 5th of the 6 old EU-EN servers.
    2. We will not be allowed to move to NA servers, so only the 6 EU-EN servers.

Knowing these two things I think its not unreasonable to believe that Eldar might be on the preliminary list for closure. I would just like to try and keep as much as the community together as possible as we have all made some great firends over the years.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

Next week?
    Stroumfita rank 12 rk Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by kostasil View Post
    Next week?
    Stroumfita rank 12 rk Eldar
    Next week they hope to have a schedule for the initial round of transfers and probably a list of the likely servers to be closed eventually.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

Yes its going to be hard keeping everyone that we like to fellow with together outside kinships. Which is why I think a server merge would have been the best way to go.
    Ive started the ball rolling in my kin already and have spoken to a few people from dif kins as to where we are going to go if indeed they close Eldar.
    Im hoping our success in the events lately ie The hobbits to Isengard and the Dwarf thru moria might have a little sway in our favour.

Eldar certainly has the best community it would be a shame to tear it apart.

they look a way to make the thransfers more fast before summer.next week or in next mounth so i hear.
    you can transfer only to the same region .eu to eu or us to us.
    turbine want to make the new european host as must faster can,to fix the lag issues to the server who have high lag problems in moors like laurelin who i am.

the action there is every day 50+ creeps vs 20+ freeps.that means tons of lag for the rest server too.

ignore the follow greek msg.is for the greek people of eldar only.

tora gia tous ellines filous mou ston eldar.eimai o krom (sotos),kai gia osous skeftonte gia to pou tha pane,mhn distasete na me rotisete.
    eimai open gia ton kathena sas. oi veteranoi ellines me thimaste apo palia,opos kai ego fysika.

mesa ston eldar exo thn mprien.afiste mou ena mail h ena reply edo.
    vriskome ston laurelin server apo perisi,kai den to exo metaniosi katholou.

Hail to all.
    Krom of Eldar. Kromiel Rank 14 Captain.

More time online

Shame they cannot merge EU and NA servers, that would give us 24hr action!!

Save Eldar

I think Eldar deserves to be alive as he is one of the firstborn servers and was overpopulated the first 2-3years!
    I would like to see Kinship leaders to have an option to transfer all kin members together as one if in case we have to move and members able to confirm that action via account management panel, although I know it's not possible!
    Eldar use to be a crown jewel server having kinships doing world firsts/and Europe firsts and all the "impossible" things like Helegrod 12/24 man or Rift 6/12 man (on level), used to have extreme pvp, used to have great players soloers or in a kin, raiders or not!

If we had carefully designed raids and not dps racing instances, and also another one or two pvp maps catching up story line, for example one moria oriented map and one with Rohan based landscape I think interest would be greater and population would be very high as once was!

I am Arch, and I send this message to any surviving Legend taking refuge among the servers: We are here. We are waiting.

(As for some trying to lure people leaving Eldar using mother language I say: I was here when u left, I ll be here when u come back!)

Quote Originally Posted by Archprincess_Eldar View Post
    I would like to see Kinship leaders to have an option to transfer all kin members together as one if in case we have to move and members able to confirm that action via account management panel, although I know it's not possible!
    The are looking into allowing that, it is something they have said they will try to implement to allow for kins to easily stay together. We will have more concrete details about the early rounds of transfers next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    Hi all!

I am so glad to hear the mostly positive reception to the things we have outlined for the year so far. I wanted to hop on here and address a couple of points of confusion/ requests for clarity on a few items.

Vagueness: Yes, we dont give a lot of detail in the Producer's letter for the year. This is because many of these things are still in design and thus subject to change or are simply ideas that will not be fleshed out for months to come. We will be putting feedback posts and more detailed threads on the specific features as they solidify and can be focused on for feedback individually. This letter is intended as an overview.

Group Instances in Osgiliath: We are specifically referring to a cluster of instance content for 3 & 6 man fellowships that is neither a Big Battle or a Raid. We evaluate the type of content we build with each region for what is appropriate and feasible. So we might do a raid again some day, but Osgiliath is not the time to do it.

Osgiliath PvMP map: This will be a different "layer" to the map. This way players will be able to explore Osgiliath in PvE mode in Update 16 and the goal is to then also provide a PvMP version shortly thereafter (not on the same release date).

Music: We currently have our sound engineers looking into the issues with the newer version of the music system that we pulled out late last year. Our hopes is that we can have it fixed with or next update, but I am still awaiting implementation and testing of the fixes to see if they are affective. Once we have it in we will of course be placing it on Bullroarer so we can get feedback before it is released. More info once I have it.

EU Servers: This will simply be a move of the physical servers to Amsterdam. The service will still remain in the hands of Turbine, so we will all still have the same downtime, updates, etc in sync with one another. Better location and newer hardware should result in better performance all around.

Server Populations: We are still working through the details, but part of our efforts here are to make the transition as seamless as possible for Kinship leaders to keep the players together. The idea is to bring you together, not spread further apart. This effort also includes upgraded hardware and a move to a better location for internet traffic for the US servers. This is a large and complicated process which I am fully focused on. More details on this in the coming weeks as more of the timelines and tech solidify.

-Vyvyanne
    Kinship leaders should be able to take the entire kin to whichever server they want to go.

I think Eldar deserves to be alive as he is one of the firstborn servers and was overpopulated the first 2-3years!
    Eldar use to be a crown jewel server having kinships doing world firsts/and Europe firsts and all the "impossible" things like Helegrod 12/24 man or Rift 6/12 man (on level), used to have extreme pvp, used to have great players soloers or in a kin, raiders or not!

If we had carefully designed raids and not dps racing instances, and also another one or two pvp maps catching up story line, for example one moria oriented map and one with Rohan based landscape I think interest would be greater and population would be very high as once was!

I am Arch, and I send this message to any surviving Legend taking refuge among the servers: We are here. We are waiting.

(As for some trying to lure people leaving Eldar using mother language I say: I was here when u left, I ll be here when u come back!)

really you think i try to lure ppl to leave eldar?you are really so funny to tell this here.if turbine want to close a inactive server,and eldar is one of them you think you have the choise to stay on eldar?
    you say to me i try to lure ppl to leave? no im not try to lure any greek people.i say to the greek people the are all welcome to the laurelin server if want to come there too,and if want more info they can pm me.

and btw you was there but i dont leave.dont forgot.history and reputation following you.

so if you are a pathetic troll against a greek person who use mother languange to speak ,you find the wrong person.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromachine View Post
    really you think i try to lure ppl to leave eldar?you are really so funny to tell this here.if turbine want to close a inactive server,and eldar is one of them you think you have the choise to stay on eldar?
    you say to me i try to lure ppl to leave? no im not try to lure any greek people.i say to the greek people the are all welcome to the laurelin server if want to come there too,and if want more info they can pm me.

and btw you was there but i dont leave.dont forgot.history and reputation following you.

so if you are a pathetic troll against a greek person who use mother languange to speak ,you find the wrong person.
    Please keep this thread civil, Nobody is making any comments about the Greeks or any other nationality other than yourself.

I think it's really sad that everyone is talking like its inevitable Eldar will close. It is one of the most successful servers in the EU, with many world firsts and strong evidence of a very tight knit community.

I would very much like to see people asking that we keep our server, that the community pulls together to ask for it to stay.

It's vibrant , unique and strong (not to mention having the best name!). I say lets fight to keep Eldar.
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

ellemere,i can read some english.i dont speak my self for something without point. this person just trolling me because i say up in my post a welcome msg for greek ppl.nothing more.

and believe me.i dont want any server to close.i want turbine to fix tha lag issues in the game.but they want to close a server. we see what server and when.

I don't think many of us on Eldar actually want to see the server be one of the ones on the list of closures, and in the past we have had some great kins and world firsts. However, Eldar is quiet in comparison to the other 4 former EU-EN worlds, with only Gilrain being behind us.

I think it is important to realise that the only actual figures we have are from the number of logins each server gets on a daily basis, and while not accurate they do provide a picture that fits with the general consensus of the relative size of the EU servers. The only suprise being Withywindle but i suppose they did have an extended period as recommended server.

I created this thread to encourage discussion among our community as many of us not only have friends in kins but also around all of Eldar and it would be a shame if it comes to us being on the list for people to get lost in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by jevvy View Post
    I think it's really sad that everyone is talking like its inevitable Eldar will close. It is one of the most successful servers in the EU, with many world firsts and strong evidence of a very tight knit community.

I would very much like to see people asking that we keep our server, that the community pulls together to ask for it to stay.

It's vibrant , unique and strong (not to mention having the best name!). I say lets fight to keep Eldar.
    I agree with you Jev. I`m pretty sure none wants to have Eldar shut down. I still hope it won`be closing but considering the circumstances it's best to prepare about the idea we have to move to another server, and we might as well try and move together if we care about our small community.
    I really don't want to move unless i really have no choice... I've been playing on Eldar since launch and I've never played on any other server, so it kind of feels wrong to me.
    It`s a complicated situation, and right know, knowing as little as we do, I can say that force merging would have been a better choice. But all we can do is wait and see how they play their cards.

withywindle is not more populate from eldar in any case.the poor pvp in moors give that high logged priority from eldar.
    to many players log accounts with creeps to feed freeps.
    but the eldar is very inactive too last 2 years indeed.to many ppl they stome to play and only few they come back to start again.
    i play and start lotro too eldar from the first day who the game realease too,and in any case i dont want to see the eldar closed.

but you never can be sure what path or logic they follow.

If any of you have ever played pvp on a high populated server like Brandywine (and probably Snowbourn also), you understand there are only losers in this matter. Either Eldar players transfer away leaving a more empty and action less Ettenmoors behind, or players transfer to Eldar and we can expect lag and skillag like you never experienced before on Eldar. Best case scenario would be no major transfers from/to Eldar.

By who and where is this transfer business announced? All I know is that the new product manager said they would be investigating a lot and that transfers between NA-EU servers would be available (in contrast with the previous statement that NA-EU transfers were technically impossible).
    Any links?
    The end is here, the ring is gone. I could not help it . . .

Crikey u r way behind on the forum info.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...nderstand-them

this will help and lots of replies here

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ducer-s-Letter

Quote Originally Posted by Deniorona View Post
    Crikey u r way behind on the forum info.
    I read most of that before but when a producer starts a story and it holds 'investigating' I quickly dispatch it until it turns into 'developing' and even then things might, and will, change a lot again.

thnx though

Yep its certainly hard to keep up with the information while skimming thru all the negative plain moany posts

I just hope this all happens sooner rather than later so we can get on with it

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvyanne View Post
    Sadly it does not look like EU <-> US Transfers will be possible . . .
    . . . we will not be able to support moving an already created character from an EU database to US and vice versa.
    Another 'investigation' further and we are back to the 'no tranfers between NA and EU servers possible'.

Slowly I start to think whether or not EU servers still have a future in lotro or will they be announced eol in 2015?

Vyvyanne
    Executive Producer

U16 will indeed happen before any transfer changes. In fact this is one of the reasons we have had little to talk about. With the pushing out of hardware updates, I have had engineers refocus on helping complete U16 initiatives like the Legendary Items Upgrades and come back to transfer improvements once that is locked in. But more to come on that soon as we start ramping up U16 testing and telling you all about it.

Sadly it does not look like EU <-> US Transfers will be possible. You can always start a new character on any world you wish to play on, regardless of region, but we will not be able to support moving an already created character from an EU database to US and vice versa.

Vyvyanne
    Executive Producer

An Update

Hi all,

My apologies for being off the forums these last few weeks. I have been extremely busy.

Progress is coming along on both the new transfer from launcher feature as well as new hardware setups. Hopefully in a week or two we can post more details on the new server transfer features such as the multiple character moves, the guild disband and re-formation and naming conflict changes.

For now I will say we have at least a couple more months before all of this gets underway. I wanted to get the transfers started towards the closer end of that, but then based on feedback and research into performance concerns, have decided to wait until we have our new hardware in place so as not to cause undue stress on already highly populated worlds. Due to snow and some other set backs we do not expect new hardware to be online until summer. Thus the timeline is pushed back a bit.

For those concerned about notice for server closures. We will be providing at least a couple months notice for players on which servers might close before that happens. We have lots of time and will make sure you have all the information you need to prepare before anything happens.

-Vyvyanne

We've had 2 updates since then and this is what she has said.

Due to snow and some other set backs we do not expect new hardware to be online until summer. Thus the timeline is pushed back a bit.
    That part made me smile, they need several months to get their new hardware ordered and build? Are they building it in the backyard and can't proceed now its snowing?

I know server hardware is a lot more complex than a simple game pc and it should be tested before put into action, but still this is not a matter of months and is surely should not be delayed by snowy conditions (at least not for more than a few weeks unless the servers are located on the south Antarctic).

just wondered if anyone else is also disappointed that we must choose just one server to play on. I know some who can only play freep on eldar but play with creeps on another server. Quite often this is the case because you dont want to play creep and freep on the same server I think. So for some this will be a really difficult thing to have to decide: to give up their tribe or their kinship.

I agree. Its going to be a hard decision for a lot. I have freeps on every server so I mite have to decide which freeps will have to be given up on

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast