We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eldar says "we stay"

The transfer axe is coming. Eldar stood there for many years. It may be not the most populated server, but we are a tight community and, in some cases, a bunch of good friends.
    We want Eldar to survive. We want Eldar to stay.

/signed
    Flatline__/\____

*MAC PLAYER*

I may or may not agree, but don't speak for all of Eldar.

Not a very helpful comment Tur.

I agree... Eldar has one of the strongest communities with many PVE world firsts and some of the best PVP... not to mention being the Worlds only server to kill a training dummy! and we won that wierd hobbit to Isengard strangeness.

I vote to keep Eldar open, I dont want to see it close. Its my LOTRO home
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

Until Vyvyanne releases the schedule for transfers and the prelininary list of servers to close I think we should resist fervent and hasty clamour to try and influence something we do not know is happening.

In the Q&A thread from Fun with Frelorn - found here : https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...52#post7305452

Frelorn says: We have been seeing some really good numbers. Yes, there are some that are definitely lower populations than others, there is no doubt about that, but let's be honest here: we are approaching our 8th anniversary, and to never have had to combine servers or make any of those adjustments (in fact I think we even added servers at one point) is a pretty amazing feat. So the numbers they were putting out were wrong and lower than what they are. Again, show me another MMO that in the 8th year of their life or during their life had to add servers, other than WoW. (You can't ever compare any other game to WoW. It's just not feasible.) So if you take WoW away from the conversation, what we have done with LOTRO is pretty amazing and I'm pretty proud of everybody.

But again, we want the best experience possible for all of our players. If that means bringing more of you together... Sometimes we need to be reminded that MMO means massively multiplayer online, and we see a lot of complaints of “I like being on the low pop server” or “I like being all by myself.” Well, as much as we would like to give everyone the exact experience that they want individually, we have to look at what's best for the whole and not just the individual. We try our best to balance it, but that would be impossible. I challenge you to show me any game that has done that. So if the majority of people want more player base that's what we are going to get them.

So until we know what actual criteria they are using to determine the servers to close all we can do is make our friends and kin members that perhaps dont use the forums or don't log as often, aware that changes may be coming.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

Eldar should stay

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Tureaglin View Post
    I may or may not agree, but don't speak for all of Eldar.
    As you can read in my post, I just asked to sign the petition. No one is speaking for entire eldar. Just asking to sign.
    If you do not agree, don't sign. Or open the thread "eldar should dissapear" xD Nah, speaking seriously, this is not the moment to get things out of context, since we are facing the extintion of our server and community. This is serious for most of us.
    Flatline__/\____

*MAC PLAYER*

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    Until Vyvyanne releases the schedule for transfers and the prelininary list of servers to close I think we should resist fervent and hasty clamour to try and influence something we do not know is happening.
    Totally agree.
    Flatline__/\____

*MAC PLAYER*

What I would say is that petitions rarely work on MMO forums and that usually while intended to raise awareness, they turn in to some sort of flaming match and I do not think anyone wants to see that.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlineldir View Post
    As you can read in my post, I just asked to sign the petition. No one is speaking for entire eldar. Just asking to sign.
    If you do not agree, don't sign. Or open the thread "eldar should dissapear" xD Nah, speaking seriously, this is not the moment to get things out of context, since we are facing the extintion of our server and community. This is serious for most of us.
    I agree we shoudnt take things out of context and its serious for everyone that plays lotro not just our server and until we know if indeed Eldar is facing closure this post is premature. We need more information and will have to wait until its released before we can decide what to do.

Rumours spread fear and uncertainty and as there are peeps on Eldar that are keeping up with forum posts and not jumping to conclusions I would suggest calm and not premature actions as it will undoubtably be posted on ellemeres main thread and in world chat for those that don't follow forums.

Petition posts do very little, they are more likely to be closed.

"Sometimes the hardest part is not the letting go but instead learning to start over."

- Sradan (2015)

"Let It Go"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
    Not a footprint to be seen
    A kingdom of isolation,
    And it looks like I'm the queen.

The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside
    Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried!

Don't let them in, don't let them see
    Be the good girl you always have to be
    Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know
    Well, now they know!

Let it go, let it go
    Can't hold it back anymore
    Let it go, let it go
    Turn away and slam the door!

I don't care
    What they're going to say
    Let the storm rage on,
    The cold never bothered me anyway!

It's funny how some distance
    Makes everything seem small
    And the fears that once controlled me
    Can't get to me at all!

It's time to see what I can do
    To test the limits and break through
    No right, no wrong, no rules for me I'm free!

Let it go, let it go
    I am one with the wind and sky
    Let it go, let it go
    You'll never see me cry!

Here I stand
    And here I'll stay
    Let the storm rage on!

My power flurries through the air into the ground
    My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
    And one thought crystallizes like an icy blast
    I'm never going back,
    The past is in the past!

Let it go, let it go
    And I'll rise like the break of dawn
    Let it go, let it go
    That perfect girl is gone!

Here I stand
    In the light of day
    Let the storm rage on,
    The cold never bothered me anyway!
    Bettee, Flaps
    The Mellowship

Quote Originally Posted by Deniorona View Post
    We need more information and will have to wait until its released before we can decide what to do.
    Well, in fact we will decide nothing at all, we can only express ourselves. Turbine will decide.
    That's the reason for trying to be heard before the decision is made. After the announce, it won't matter at all what we say, mostly because they won't schedule an urgent meeting because we want to.

Anyway, it's only my opinion, of course.
    Flatline__/\____

*MAC PLAYER*

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    What I would say is that petitions rarely work on MMO forums and that usually while intended to raise awareness, they turn in to some sort of flaming match and I do not think anyone wants to see that.
    I agree completelly. That's why we shouldn't convert it to a flaming match. We face to be dissolved here.
    Flatline__/\____

*MAC PLAYER*

I certainly hope Eldar will stay. Too many great old friends who are off battling on other games for a break will eventually come back and i just hope they have a server to return to.

I know of one whose computer no longer copes with LOTRO so they are saving up for a new computer. Another is working in the far east for a spell and will pop on eventually. Some are off having babies ( a few in fact!) and others have played for 7+ years and are taking a break.
    I will contact as many as i can but honestly some i cannot contact.

This is not a petition, nor is it scare mongering.. its a topic saying we want Eldar to stay.

There is no harm in people posting to say they want Eldar to stay and no need for quotes and ppl saying we shouldnt say that.

Petitions (not that this is one) work extremely well.

I think that your comments have now twisted the intention of this forum topic sadly.
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

Eldar used to be a higly populated server with many kins doing PVE and loads of PVP action.
    Now it seems like 3-4 kins are running the "end-game" content and nearly no pvp action at all.

Merge with another server and get all your friends to transfer to the same server
    = You are able to do content that require more players as the server is more populated.
    = There are more stuff on Action House
    = More PVP action as the server itself is more populated
    = Different kins and not just a few with many users and many small ones with like 3-4 active players each.
    etc etc
    Commander Emaldiom [EN] Evernight - Morale-Smasher - Lotro
    MrMidget - [EuW] League of Legends
    MrMidget2 - [EuW] League of Legends

Eldar is defenitely one of the smallest servers. I've been "measuring" population on Eldar, Snowbourn and Laurelin lately. There are usualy around 200 non-anon players on Eldar, 400 on Snowy and 600 on Laurelin during the prime time.

I understand pretty well that long time players want to stay on their server, but let's face it most people dream of a high-populated one. And after the transfer is open no dout what they'll choose. I could be wrong, but I didn't see Eldar among survivers. It was, it is a good server with helpful people but unfortunately it's road is over.

Call me Mr Negative...

Server merge will cause bugs and issues I can foresee it, lost characters etc items gold the whole kaput.

More people on a server, woopie, we can lag through content together!

Lotro is dying, when the merged servers start to get less populated what then? Keep merging until there is only 1 EU and 1 American server, then merge them together?!?

I shall say farewell to lotro great times but it is too far gone with weak content to just grind through. Many still say it the old times were the best and they shall never be seen again no matter what.

Destiny and Witcher it is from now on!
    I have no signature...

Yep, i call you mr.negative

The past 2 years (or since RoI) lotro has had a big big struggle
    But not it seems they have awoken from the deepnes of khaza-dhum (just had to)

New server comming to Europe will hopefully reduce the lag alot. Not only will the ping go down, but new servers are always welcome.
    More people on a server does not mean more lag if its omtimized good enough.

Turbine seems to be going a good direction for the last part of the game.
    They have 1 shot left in making this game something more than it already is. With a succsefull launch of Minas Tirith they can do that big time.

Quote Originally Posted by NImlonda View Post
    More people on a server does not mean more lag if its omtimized good enough.
    The key word here is the little two letter one, "IF". I could also quote you on saying "hopefully reduce the lag"! Even the faithful like yourself can only speculate and dream that it works (yes your being positive I can no longer be so with this game).

I hope it does work out for them, I love lotr and gave a big part of my time to lotro (which I did love) but for me it has been a slow and steady demise which I think is beyond rescuing. Characters will never be balanced its all just DPS races now and very little tactics in PvE, I shall not even go into its failings in PvP.

As for Eldar if it does stay good luck had some really great times there, it is my one and only lotro home. Good luck to all that stay, no matter what the outcome of the server and game is.
    I have no signature...

i hope we are all getting in touch with old friends to let them know that the servers are moving and also that there is a possibility of loosing Eldar. They can surely play again rather than loose their accounts.

Last answer on the whole Eldar forums was 2 days ago, why should such a low pop inactive server stay?

You can all migrate to the same server not like the game world will change or anything. And if you are indeed such a great and close community choosing the same server wont be an issue.

It can go like 1-2months before anyone write at this forum.
    If you see x posts and x threads in the eldar sub-forum compraed to the rest you can see that it is really really non-existent..

I have been on Eldar since the very begining and i won`t miss it. The lack of people and no activity has killed the server.
    Now we are able to transfer to a server that is way more popular and actually do stuf instead of standing at AH throwing random spars.

Quote Originally Posted by NImlonda View Post
    It can go like 1-2months before anyone write at this forum.
    If you see x posts and x threads in the eldar sub-forum compraed to the rest you can see that it is really really non-existent..

I have been on Eldar since the very begining and i won`t miss it. The lack of people and no activity has killed the server.
    Now we are able to transfer to a server that is way more popular and actually do stuf instead of standing at AH throwing random spars.
    Saying the server is dead is simply a lie. It was not overpopulated but active.

You will not miss it? Well, we won't miss you either.
    Last edited by Flatlineldir; Aug 08 2015 at 07:55 PM.
    Flatline__/\____

*MAC PLAYER*

In fact, I can't recall seeing you in the ettens... or anywhere. Maybe it's not that eldar was dead, but you didn't playing much instead.

Anyway, you can celebrate. Eldar goes away. Concratulations, you won. yehaaa. Bring the confetti.

(meanwhile a lot of people that almost never comes to the forums will be sad because eldar stops existing)
    Last edited by Flatlineldir; Aug 08 2015 at 07:57 PM.
    Flatline__/\____

*MAC PLAYER*

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast