We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Views of the new Roving Threats

As being 1 of 2 council reps for the server, just wondering what folks think of the new roving threats?

Too easy?

Make them roam the land more?

Make them harder to find?

I'll bring up any suggestions to them.

I like the way they are setup I just wish I could rename my new pet frog lol
    Goat: Every class at 130 on Landy, Multiple classes on Arkenstone

I like that some RTs have special abilities/debuffs. Even the relatively simple mechanics (reflect, death stomp, dread) add some difference between the RTs, which is good.

I haven't been on Bullroarer to see their new incarnations, but I like the idea of dropping their morale and boosting their DPS. Shorter fights that are harder would feel less tedious for those players seeking a bigger challenge.

Rewards need to be looked at to incentivize players to run the content more than once.

Players under level 90 should not trigger the RT's aggro. I haven't tested if they do, but if they currently can, I'd suggest making the RTs ignore players <90. Several of the RTs spawn in locations that are extremely easy for leveling landscapers to run into. The Suri-Kyla East spawn in Forochel is probably the best example of this - when the RT spawns there, it stomps very close to the road and over top of many mobs that Level 40s are expected to kill quite a few of.

Aside: Don't PCers represent their own views, not their servers? Subtle but important difference.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Warmutkan View Post
    I haven't been on Bullroarer to see their new incarnations, but I like the idea of dropping their morale and boosting their DPS. Shorter fights that are harder would feel less tedious for those players seeking a bigger challenge.
    I tested one (https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...98#post7317998)
    So they just dropped the morale with ~same DPS => they were faceroll, now they are twice more faceroll...

Quote Originally Posted by Goatski View Post
    I like the way they are setup I just wish I could rename my new pet frog lol
    pet frogs,same like any other cosmetic pets can be renamed by typing /cpet rename
    Landroval: Tinaiel-1 r10 mini / Tinaiel r7 mini / Tinamartina-1 r9 hunter