We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Pugs

Pugs

Why doesn't anyone pug something anymore? Many people are complaining that the server is dead because they can't get into groups. The more people that will be more open, the possibility Meneldor won't close much to Griefings dismay.

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

Pugs can be great. A great way to make friends. A great way to learn fights and better your ability to play your class. Unfortunately, a lot of people expect everyone else to know everything about everything and thus new(er) players tend to shy away from them. The seasoned veteran players forget that at one point in time, they also knew nothing. That being said, you are then left with all those same veteran players who in the course of their greatness have already made many friends and have tons of choices of whom to run with. If you compound that to the fact that many players can solo some of the content, there are very few individuals left to run pugs. In a different well-known mmorpg game that I used to play, what their Devs did in-game was provide a substantial reward for players that entered into the "random queue for a random instance". This enticed all players - new and veterans - to run together and forced the veterans to help teach the newer players so that they could complete their "daily grind" of random queues. LOTRO is a great game, but I am afraid that the proverbial ball has been dropped in many areas of the game. I joke with my friends in-game that someday I will win that Powerball Jackpot and fix what is wrong here. Until then .... take care ><

~Happy Gaming~
    Learn much I must
    Kill many I will
    Grow stronger
    Live Longer

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    Why doesn't anyone pug something anymore? Many people are complaining that the server is dead because they can't get into groups. The more people that will be more open, the possibility Meneldor won't close much to Griefings dismay.
    i will break it down for you, in simple terms, cause im tired of explaining this

1. lack of reward
    2. essence gear does not come from group content
    3. random number generated loot tables
    4. people are tired of spending time in instances for nothing
    5. cause meneldor is dead
    Captain-General Corrakkas, Hero of Legend

Pugs ... all I hear about ppl pugging lately is disastrous. People do not know how to play their toons. People do expect others to know how to run everything and don't take the time to learn the BBs, or instance or raids for themselves to help out. Learn your toon, what to do solo is not the same in group or raid. People want short cuts, they want things now. Patience is a virtue, in game and in life.

There is also what we like to call "stranger danger". The trolls are there, and they will create a toon and lvl it to 100 just to infiltrate groups/raids/kins with nefarious intentions and just to plain mess with people.

Pugs used to be a great way to get to know ppl and group up and make friends, sometimes we still do it, I would say a good 75% of them we find bad players. So, most won't pug now, not because the sever is dead, contrary to some who believe so (I have not seen a decline in anything), we all make it what we make it. I'm so busy I don't have time to do all I would like. I have met many "new" ppl in the past few months who are great and can play. We do a lot together and are tight knit, and contrary to most ppl who think they know us, we do group with others and invite to kin others who we think will fit with us.

I hope to meet more good players who are trustworthy, loyal, have morals and ethics and play the game for fun.

*EDIT* I do agree with Griefing about lack of rewards ... I also think lack of "end game" is making it hard for some to stay, but as with Rift and other games, 'end game" is going the bye bye so the "casual" players can still play along with the hard core, which doesn't make sense but hey, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg View Post
    I do agree with Griefing
    you are a very wise person

You're all totally bad at playing your class. What could possibly be PUG'd when you have healers that can't heal, tanks that can't tank and dps that can't dps?

And why even bother when there is no loot to be looted?

I think you can put a 'we' instead of 'you' in your post. It would be more polite of you...
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Why would you pug anything? Nearly all gear is acquired solo and/or through BBs.

Pugging stuff is just asking for a headache, too.
    "It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed,
    though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope."

challenge mode is how many bad players you bring with you