We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Tybur is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team

Bullroarer client Installer - DOWNLOAD LINKS

NOTE: If you are having trouble opening the installer links, right click on it and select 'Copy link address'. Then open a new tab on your browser and paste the link there.

The PC downloader/installer for the Bullroarer Public Preview Client is available:
    The Mac downloader/installer for the Bullroarer Public Preview Client is available:
    IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have upgraded your MacOS to the newest version of Catalina, the LOTRO client will not work. This includes Bullroarer. For more information please refer to this announcement MacOS Catalina Compatibility and threads in the Mac Technical Support for

Please note: Bullroarer is a Test server. We wipe all data from this server between tests and at other times as our testing requires.
    To download The Lord of the Rings Online Live client installer please visit our website: http://www.lotro.com/en/game/download

Some Notes:
    • This should not overwrite your existing Bullroarer install if you install by defaults.
    • If you decide to use a custom install, please take note of where the installer wants to install the game by default before changing the path. If it is installing anywhere other than 'The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Preview' by default then please let us know!
    • This is a full installer package. If you already have a working Bullroarer client, you do not need to use this installer.

Akamai Netsession

The Akamai NetSession client allows us to quickly and reliably deliver fresh LOTRO client installations to you, and assist in the repair of missing or corrupted files in current game installations. The client utilizes Akamai’s large network of edge servers to deliver this content to you from a location which is deemed geographically closest to you, and ensures that we are able to efficiently and effectively get you what you need to play LOTRO. Although some versions of the Akamai NetSession client used by other software providers utilize Peer-to-Peer technology, we have decided not to use P2P for LOTRO. What this means is that Akamai NetSession will NOT use peer-to-peer when delivering LOTRO-related content.
    Once you install the LOTRO client, or patch your game, it will be possible to uninstall Akamai NetSession from your computer, and NetSession will not reinstall unless it is necessary to deliver a deleted file or a fresh installation. Typical game updates will not require the use of Akamai NetSession.

Please post any feedback about the installers that you may have in this thread, and please report any bugs you encounter.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Kehleyr_SSG; Sep 07 2021 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks for posting a Mac Bullroarer Client again.

OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

The Mac Client download has at least one, possibly two problems related to Apple's Gatekeeper software.

1- Upon launching the file: "The Lord of the Rings Online™.app" verification of the Disk image begins and it immediately pops up with
    "The Lord of the Rings Online™.app" can't be opened because the idenity of the developer cannot be confirmed."

This is with Apple's default security settings: System Preferences/Security & Privacy/General -- "Allow apps downloaded from "Mac App Store and identified developers only."

2- Simultaneously a second pop-up from Mac Help appears: "The app has been modified or damaged"

If you acknowledge the initial pop-up by clicking "OK" the Security & Privacy panel will immediately add: "The Lord o...nline™.app" was blocked from opening because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed. A button is provided "Open Anyway."

Verification of the Disk image continues and adds the pop-up ""The Lord of the Rings Online™.app" is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it.
    (Should you click "show web page, it goes to Turbine.com, rather than LOTRO.com)

Clicking Open allows to activity to continue until it crashes to the desktop:

Process: lotrolauncher [43971]
    Path: /Volumes/VOLUME/lotroLauncher.app/Contents/MacOS/lotrolauncher
    Identifier: com.turbine.lotrolauncher

=======
    Will file a bug report as well.

========
    Correction on crash -- as one can notice from above, being a dunce, I tried to re-launch the installer from the .dmg file instead of the /Applications directory. Naturally it will crash as the .dmg file is read only!
    Duh!

Launching from the /Applications directory, the download proceeds as expected after the Gatekeeper bypass indicated above.
    Last edited by Valamar; Jun 25 2015 at 09:26 PM.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

client failed

I am trying to download the bullroarer client and it keeps failing what am i doing wrong?

I'm trying to install the Bullroarer client (low resolution to start) and Akamai started downloading several files, then started failing consistentyly with "Unable to decrypt and de-serialize data downloaded from the server."

Do I need to delete the directory and start over? Once it started giving me this, it keeps coming up with it, including after I reboot to make sure there are no loose connections hanging around.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

I keep trying to access the server but I keep getting errors. I spend 1-2hrs downloading the server and then when I try to get on it tells me that there was an error connecting to the server. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

stuck at this ... not sure why, any help?

Exclamation Do not run beta server Bullroarer

What should I do? help me please
    Do not run Bullroarer 404 error,
    Last edited by vlad525; Oct 14 2015 at 04:53 AM.

well BR is currently offline so not sure if you would be able to get the patch files on a day its down

The famous could not patch file; lotroclient.exe error 5

Right maybe I am too blind, but I tried to find out whether Bullroarer is actually up and running. No such luck.
    My launcher gets stuck at 44% and the the error accours.
    I tried the Adminstrator start and so on. No Change.

So is the server up? Because it worked just fine last week when had my first look aorund in Minas Tirith.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlakachel View Post
    Right maybe I am too blind, but I tried to find out whether Bullroarer is actually up and running. No such luck.
    My launcher gets stuck at 44% and the the error accours.
    I tried the Adminstrator start and so on. No Change.

So is the server up? Because it worked just fine last week when had my first look aorund in Minas Tirith.
    The server is up and running.
    1:00 p.m. est

if it worked fine for you last week maybe a file or 2 got corrupted or didn't download/install properly with the last patch to build 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybur View Post
    • If you decide to use a custom install, please take note of where the installer wants to install the game by default before changing the path. If it is installing anywhere other than 'The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Preview' by default then please let us know!

I just installed, the default installation path when choosing "custom" was this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer
    Fordil of Landroval, Hope Remains kinship

Check out my Guide for New Players: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...hints-and-tips

Quote Originally Posted by Thornelas View Post
    [/LIST]

I just installed, the default installation path when choosing "custom" was this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer

It's exactly the same with my install.

So another 20 GB download...alrighty...

This will be my first ever Bullroarer venture, so bear with many silly questions. I will check this BR Forum of course.
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

14. Oct 21 2015, 01:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Thornelas View Post
    Mine was similar: "C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer".
    (I'm on a 32-bit platform, which probably accounts for the different Program Files directory.)

16. Oct 21 2015, 07:03 PM
    Reason
    Issue fixed itself

I was interested in trying this until I ran into Akamai netsession interface. I don't see a benefit for me, the user, that justifies that enormous application. After three hours it still hadn't finished downloading and it appears that I can't open Bullroarer without installing it.

Hmm, you might want to consider how you use and download the regular game, since it uses the same tech for transferring the files to your computer.

And guys, Tybur only want to know your INSTALLDIR if you alter it, so your reports about using the DEFAULT INSTALLDIR are useless.
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

I have just restarted the BR client for the 8th time, after once again deleting the temporary files. To cut to the chase: basically every time I have downloaded the first 1.39gb of the installer, something happens (during the download?) that causes the installer to start throwing up 'unable to decrypt and deserialize data', and fail. I have no idea what is causing this; at best I could provide a list of the most recently downloaded files. But from the looks of it, I doubt I will be able to install the BR client (both with and without using akamai).

It fails consistently (now for an 8th time) just after downloading the intro cinematic. I doubt that this file is causing the issue, though, because copying the file from my regular lotro installation doesn't help at all.

I can't launch the lord of the ring

please help me
    I launched the loading of the beta version, which is running, but now when I try to launch the game, the regular version does not start, I can not play until it finishes loading?

all ok

loaded completed, I can play, ty
    bullr paised

Since you asked to let you know if the default install path was other than 'The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Preview'.

I just downloaded the Bullroarer installer, and selected custom installation. The default install path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer

Quote Originally Posted by Thald_The_Guardian View Post
    Since you asked to let you know if the default install path was other than 'The Lord of the Rings Online - Public Preview'.

I just downloaded the Bullroarer installer, and selected custom installation. The default install path is:

Thank you for participating in The Lord of the Rings Online™: Helm's Deep™ Beta!
    I fear I may have the wrong version of Bullroarer

Thanks for the pointer to installing on a separate drive, I'd completely forgotten to change that.

Unhappy What is wrong with the installing?

"https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1PWCFBFHPN7OWMwTFMzS Fg4b1E" I have been trying to download the game for the last 3 days now and i just can't seem to move forward to complete the installations...for some reason the files just stop downloading and just does not move any longer...i am excited to join the dev team on thier test on bullrorer today and i am trying my best to download but i just don't seem to able to install the server QQ
    Last edited by Graham12065; Oct 24 2015 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham12065 View Post
    "https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1PWCFBFHPN7OWMwTFMzS Fg4b1E" I have been trying to download the game for the last 3 days now and i just can't seem to move forward to complete the installations...for some reason the files just stop downloading and just does not move any longer...i am excited to join the dev team on thier test on bullrorer today and i am trying my best to download but i just don't seem to able to install the server QQ
    If on PC suggest you check that you have at least 40GB free space on the target partition
    - if installer failed and cannot continue suggest uninstall Beta Client then manually delete the install folder and not the normal LOTRO folder

- then run a disk defragmenter on that same partition (no need if using SSD or USB drive)
    - use a fresh install from first post of this thread but this time select "custom" and change the target path to a different partition or folder
    example:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\_BETA_\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer
    E:\Program Files (x86)\_BETA_\The Lord of the Rings Online - Bullroarer
    - close all other internet APPs such as email or games or Skype ... to prevent a corrupted download
    - walk away from the computer for 1 hour
    - allow all Firewall prompts during this process
    - once the BETA Client is installed and then started and finally Updated you can close it then relaunch Beta Client to test for further updates, once that's done suggest you now uninstall the "Akamai" downloader.
    enjoy!

PC Download.

What am I doing wrong? I clicked the link for PC download (http://content.turbine.com/sites/cli...tropreview.exe), then clicked on the file I received. This then repeated the download of the same file and labeled it (1). I tried it again, got the same file which was then labeled (2). I know I haven't had my usual IV of coffee, but I should be able to do this. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast