We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The Defence of Lórien - Impossible deed?

I have no idea how to start this deed, theres no information on the Wiki and thats the only deed I have left in Loth. Has anyone done that deed and if so, can you help me at least start/find the deed?

Quote Originally Posted by JugOsLovEn View Post
    I have no idea how to start this deed, theres no information on the Wiki and thats the only deed I have left in Loth. Has anyone done that deed and if so, can you help me at least start/find the deed?
    It looks like it's actually just the first in a sequence of deeds.
    Perhaps this might be of help: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/The_...of_L%C3%B3rien

Quote Originally Posted by JugOsLovEn View Post
    To start it you talk to one of the NPCs by Caras Gladhon gate.

I remember doing it about a year ago. Its a tough fight at around lvl and our party had two or three attempts before we got the tactics right and completed it.
    Last edited by Atrixzia; Jul 16 2015 at 12:27 PM.

Complete Lothlorien Preparations I, II, III and IV to be eligible for this quest.

Sileffind:
    Lothlórien Preparations I [60] Repeatable

Donndageth:
    Lothlórien Preparations II [60] Fellowship, Repeatable

Mithenn:
    Lothlórien Preparations III [60] Repeatable

Aesgyl:
    Lothlórien Preparations IV [60] Repeatable

After u finished all 4 preps the The Battle of Lórien will be offered by Belvagor

Quote Originally Posted by MartionRiddermark View Post
    Complete Lothlorien Preparations I, II, III and IV to be eligible for this quest.

Sileffind:
    Lothlórien Preparations I [60] Repeatable

Donndageth:
    Lothlórien Preparations II [60] Fellowship, Repeatable

Mithenn:
    Lothlórien Preparations III [60] Repeatable

Aesgyl:
    Lothlórien Preparations IV [60] Repeatable

After u finished all 4 preps the The Battle of Lórien will be offered by Belvagor
    Thank you very much. I spent ages Googling, and nobody had the answer. I had one of the Lothlorien Preparations not yet done; so I did it and presto! The Battle of Lórien is now available. The LOTRO wiki does not mention this most important point.

Be aware, the side quest for the Legendary Sentinel's Challenge are only available as you advance through the deed, and the server has hit 600/600 of the preparation quests. On the legendary servers, the counter keeps resetting requiring 600 quest completions every time. It's also currently bugged in that only prep III (carrying supplies out into the woods) advances the counter when all four prep quests are supposed to.
    Sinistral - Honky Tonk Hobbit

"Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"

You can check the current status of the 600/600 required quests for the Sentinel Challenges by hovering over the banner at the tree where you deliver supplies from Caras Galadhon. Once the target is hit the challenges remain unlocked for a couple of weeks, then the counter resets.

Club Eclair recently pushed to complete this deed and the associated Sentinel Challenges. And it was found to be challenging simply because it is extremely buggy. Sometimes the named foes required to complete 2 of the challenges would never appear, or would appear and then immediately despawn, among other things. And of course, only one of the 4 available Lothlorien Preparation quests count to unlock the 600/600 required in the first place...

You will have to run the instance at least 10 times (not including bugged out runs) to get every deed associated with it, and it's a daily cooldown. However, you do not need to do the Challenges in order -- if you have 7 victories when the challenges unlock, you can just do the Legendary Challenge and skip the others.

If you do manage to complete the Legendary Sentinel's Challenge, you will have a title that is definitely rare on the server nowadays, so there's that...

--Burnheart, Rune-Keeper of Victory in Lórien

Quote Originally Posted by silent-p View Post
    You can check the current status of the 600/600 required quests for the Sentinel Challenges by hovering over the banner at the tree where you deliver supplies from Caras Galadhon. Once the target is hit the challenges remain unlocked for a couple of weeks, then the counter resets.

Club Eclair recently pushed to complete this deed and the associated Sentinel Challenges. And it was found to be challenging simply because it is extremely buggy. Sometimes the named foes required to complete 2 of the challenges would never appear, or would appear and then immediately despawn, among other things. And of course, only one of the 4 available Lothlorien Preparation quests count to unlock the 600/600 required in the first place...

You will have to run the instance at least 10 times (not including bugged out runs) to get every deed associated with it, and it's a daily cooldown. However, you do not need to do the Challenges in order -- if you have 7 victories when the challenges unlock, you can just do the Legendary Challenge and skip the others.

If you do manage to complete the Legendary Sentinel's Challenge, you will have a title that is definitely rare on the server nowadays, so there's that...

--Burnheart, Rune-Keeper of Victory in Lórien
    We had trouble with the challenges, too, until we stopped killing the first named foe when he spawned. It seemed like when we killed him before the second one spawned, the second one often didn't spawn at all. When we left the first one up until the second one spawned, then we were able to kill both each time. Wiki says nothing about that so it's possible that's also a bug
    Sinistral - Honky Tonk Hobbit

"Using a bow to stand upright since the Second Age"