We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RIP meneldor

RIP meneldor

its official, the death of meneldor is upon us, i would just like to thank everybody for their contribution into making the community on meneldor so desolate and uninviting, if only a few more people would of cared it wouldnt of had to come to this, people spent to much time embroiled in conflict and drama, to many people died in a pvp zone, and to all those nay sayers that say meneldor was never dead, look to your left and your right, let us all just hope you all find your little nook in middle earth to keep on doing nothing

will be nice if we all move to the same new server,then we will lose nothing.Any1 can tell here where he like to move& maby we all choose 1 new server?My two cents here
    Hellweb

griefing what server are you moving to if Meneldor closes

i am going to find the server with the least amount of people from meneldor on it and go there

its your choise.I mean if we like Meneldor,we like it for the people with we play there,all servers are the same ,same map same npc only the people make the server YOUR server.when we cnow where our frends are then is easy to chois new server the new Meneldor.The only difference will be many more people& the title bane of Meneldor next to your nameHope see you all soon at the new meneldor .sorry for my bad engels
    Hellweb

now Ukrush will say something,to make me sorry i write this
    Last edited by Tangra; Jul 27 2015 at 05:03 PM.
    Hellweb

I had just started a kin here... Bummer.

OP, you said it is official. and I see 5 US servers will remain. But I do not see WHERE it says WHICH 5 servers. I assume Brandywine, since mentioned by name, and then probably Gladden, Landroval and Crickhallow.

But is my assumption right, and which is the 5th US server then?

I just would like to know which servers I should continue working on. I have over 100 characters I am SLOWLY leveling on all US servers, so it seems improbable I will move any, since the 5 servers are already populated by my alts.

But I would like to know, officially, as much as possible, which the 5 remaining US and EU servers will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by corrakkas View Post
    its official, the death of meneldor is upon us, i would just like to thank everybody for their contribution into making the community on meneldor so desolate and uninviting, if only a few more people would of cared it wouldnt of had to come to this, people spent to much time embroiled in conflict and drama, to many people died in a pvp zone, and to all those nay sayers that say meneldor was never dead, look to your left and your right, let us all just hope you all find your little nook in middle earth to keep on doing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    will be nice if we all move to the same new server,then we will lose nothing.Any1 can tell here where he like to move& maby we all choose 1 new server?My two cents here
    This would be unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by bamko View Post
    I just would like to know which servers I should continue working on. I have over 100 characters I am SLOWLY leveling on all US servers, so it seems improbable I will move any, since the 5 servers are already populated by my alts.
    ...Why?

i am going to find the server with the least amount of people from meneldor on it and go there
    Thank God Brandywine is going to be closed to transfers....
    'I'm a hunter, I have all the defensive capability of a wet dishrag' - Lothhil

Excellent, be good if you could have your very own server. Just you on it, no transfers on or off. That way we could all be insulated from the same old tired trash post, trolling idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehdren View Post
    Excellent, be good if you could have your very own server. Just you on it, no transfers on or off. That way we could all be insulated from the same old tired trash post, trolling idiocy.
    I'd like to be on it too!!

(Hereric)

Quote Originally Posted by bamko View Post
    I had just started a kin here... Bummer.

OP, you said it is official. and I see 5 US servers will remain. But I do not see WHERE it says WHICH 5 servers. I assume Brandywine, since mentioned by name, and then probably Gladden, Landroval and Crickhallow.

But is my assumption right, and which is the 5th US server then?

But I would like to know, officially, as much as possible, which the 5 remaining US and EU servers will remain.
    They haven't announced anything yet(which doesn't mean meneldor won't close) and he's just seeking attention to himself like he always does.
    A tree is a tree, a Rock is a rock and a Troll is Elmo

Quote Originally Posted by LEGENDofALL View Post
    They haven't announced anything yet(which doesn't mean meneldor won't close) and he's just seeking attention to himself like he always does.
    I can't agree with this more.

Griefing is one of the most intolerable people I have come across in a multitude of MMOs.

I miss Revlag 1.0 crew.
    Hurth, Warden
    Barst, Guardian
    Xiox, Reaver

Come to Landroval. We have brownies.

Yay, its confirmed!

Bad server is bad.

Sad to see this happen but with the population so low I guess it wasn't surprising. Just would have hoped that since Meneldor was one of the original beta servers it would have stayed open.
    Eisling OakChapel, Minstrel
    and a bunch of AKAs
    Co-leader of Spirit Brewers
    P.S. I want to play the Triangle!

come to ark....we snatched the #5th spot ...lalalalalala
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

Quote Originally Posted by MithrilMinded View Post
    come to ark....we snatched the #5th spot ...lalalalalala
    Stay classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldour View Post
    Stay classy.
    I followed both threads about mende..and understand both ppl asking for close and for it to stay open ..between that and E ..we at ark were never sure of making it ..hope you all have time to ch pose where to go, be it to keep part of comunity or to avoid it like I been reading
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

Unhappy

well rip Meneldor,i will be proud to care Bane of meneldor .Same as the real life.... sometime sucks
    Hellweb

rbi meneldor

RIP Meneldor

It was a nice 5 years on that server, but I did see a decline in the amount of toons and involvement of things. Maybe it is for the Best. I just hope that this restructuring is not a sign of things to come for the game and online community as a whole.

to all my lovers and haters amongst you meneldorians, farewell, i will see some of you on the new server, the rest, never again, come and join me in DCUO if you play that till meneldor gets to transfer
    Captain-General Corrakkas, Hero of Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tom58 View Post
    It was a nice 5 years on that server, but I did see a decline in the amount of toons and involvement of things. Maybe it is for the Best. I just hope that this restructuring is not a sign of things to come for the game and online community as a whole.
    I look at it this way, they shifted to F2P and for awhile the large number of new servers was alright. We are mostly moving back to where we were then, in terms of population and servers. The consolidation will make things more lively, I do hope the hardware/software upgrades result in the smoother operation they say it does.

In the end, this is a game whose population can come and go as it feels like it. F2P means this game will be more easily on the "out" more often thus the thin populations we have now. With fewer locations and F2P and the eventual headline locations, we'll see a more stable overall population and community. That is how I see it anyway. The Hobbit Movies are over, we never did see a major bump from them. And clearly WB doesn't want or intend to spend anything to legitimately promote the game.

The days of kvetching about what we have or don't have are over. Time to enjoy the game because we've just edge past the high-water mark. We could well have five or more years if the license is allowed to extend beyond 2017.

I think next year's LOTROcon will be a bigger deal than I expected if folks do reunions. It wasn't something I thought of until this week, but it'll be on the top of the PR ideas.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast