We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Almagnus1 View Post
    So what of the PvMP and other non-RP stuff on Landy? (Battles raging in the 'Moors/Osgiliath, etc).

You're gonna have a hard sell if all you're putting forth is RP fluff towards us on E, as that's what a majority see Landy as - nothing but RPers.
    The PvMP community is active on both sides. There are more than a few highly organized but still casually styled raiding groups. But this is not Brandywine. That "fluff" RP stuff frankly does indeed draw vastly larger numbers than the Moors any day of the week, twice as much on the weekends.

For my part, I am not even interested in drawing hardcores to Landroval, I already know they'll tear their hair out. But there are folks looking to spread their alts around, experience the whole game and not just the content or raids. They might be looking for something else this time, and a free transfer is an opportunity.

Taking Makie and rest of my gang to Crickhollow, Only server I will manage to retain any names. I just spent hour trying to find names I want on Gladden and struck out after hour.

Much as I love E's Community, not being "me" on my characters with odd names just is major turn off to me.

Makie or bust. =/
    Capcom Stalker...
    English is not my 1st Language... So shhhh!

Looking around narrowed it to 3 Ark, crick or gladden , atm i'd like to goto ark but need to see were the majority of friends end up

Mines crick or gladden
    Korth - Parked At GV - Arkenstonned
    Korn - Prime-Evil-1 -Arkenstonned
    & Many Others on Crickhollow

Haven't ever really tried any worlds besides E, so I'm not highly partial to any of the choices. Based on responses here and on the survey, I'd imagine it'll be Gladden or possibly Crick.
    Every man has his own courage, and is betrayed because he seeks in himself the courage of other persons.

Hi everyone,

So I just did a quick run though the 4 servers (excluding Brandy) to get an idea of numbers on this time of night, (10pm NZT/8pm AEST) which is Aussie/kiwi prime time and this is the numbers I pulled. This is indicative only and doesn't show people on anonymous. But it is very interesting find and it may help in deciding where we could go as the new unofficial "Oceanic" server

Population figures.

Landroval: 151 online (33 at L100)
    Arkenstone 56 (11 at L100)
    Gladden 126 (23 at L100)
    Crickhollow: 99 (18 at L100).
    Big E: 79 (32 at L100)

Interesting to note is the ratio of level 100 to the rest of the masses. E is about 40% at level 100, where as Landy is only 21.8% at level 100. We are by far the highest proportion of Level 100 for this time of night out of all the servers (Excluding Brandy, as I didn't check that one)

I will be checking over the coming week and maybe this will help us decide where we are moving too
    Camaris, Level 105 LM of Elendilmir.

Not that I am speaking on behalf of my kin but I know my kinnies will be happy to go whenever the most E people go. I personally don't see Landy as an option for one and other reasons mentioned on previous replies on this thread. I guess we will wait until E has decided where to go.
    Dimi-Dimitrie-Dimdim-Dimster-Deam-Deamea-Dimm-Deemee-Dimiana

8. Aug 04 2015, 08:59 AM

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there was soon backdoor wrangling at Turbine about how which servers are cut and some were somebodies at Turbine fav's.

RIP E
    E Elvyryn Elf Hunt 100 Elviryn Elf Mini 100 Elviryn Elf Guard 100 Elverin Elf LM 73 Keyra Man Capt 73 Elveryn Elf Champ 65 Robynn Man Burg 66 Elvyren Elf Ward 65 Elviren Elf RK 65 Absine Elf Hunt 65 Tahwny Man Capt 65 Hahlle Beorning 65 Elvyran Elf Hunt 65 Elveren Elf LM 25 Elvririn Elf RK 25

a general poll here

http://vote.pollcode.com/38237982 (poll fixed)
    Last edited by Melkorjrrt; Aug 05 2015 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverpegasus View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if there was soon backdoor wrangling at Turbine about how which servers are cut and some were somebodies at Turbine fav's.

RIP E
    It's all done by sheer population numbers, as this way only 30-40% of the player base is affected (despite losing ~2/3 of the servers), so less feathers are ruffled. The ones that survived at the five biggest for each server set, and as EU and NA population are about equal, it's why 5 of each survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuffie67 View Post
    Taking Makie and rest of my gang to Crickhollow, Only server I will manage to retain any names. I just spent hour trying to find names I want on Gladden and struck out after hour.

Much as I love E's Community, not being "me" on my characters with odd names just is major turn off to me.

Makie or bust. =/
    Exactly the same here, 8/9 names retained on Crick, either it just wasn't populated or they don't go for lore based names.
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

13. Aug 05 2015, 01:35 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Morthaur View Post
    Exactly the same here, 8/9 names retained on Crick, either it just wasn't populated or they don't go for lore based names.
    I'm looking at Ark for names, myself. I lose two particular names no matter which server I go to, vs. one more on Crick or Gladden, or two more including one of my mains on Landy. It was hard enough finding available names that I liked on E, since I only joined in 2013; I want to keep them if I can.
    § Elendilmir refugee on Ark §

§ Arestelle . 115 | Muiriol . 115 | Safirel . 26 | Sofiraen . 21 | Yvanriel . 21 | Yvyrien . 130 §

§ miraear's threads: a cosmetic history §

Unhappy

That poll is invalid. it gives NO option for chaining yourself to the Party Tree while the datacenter bulldozers wipe the server

All this has strangely been like a faint gut punch to me. I hadn't played in sometime, and just got back into it full swing like a month ago, now this happens. Its funny how something so in-material can be felt so personally. I guess I wish they would have found another way to go about this.

Im pretty much on my own with possibly preferring Landroval. When I first started playing LOTRO, I was in rehabilitation with a broken spine from a near fatal car accident, and I found myself being forced to write about the scenarios my toons would encounter and it became quite therapeutic, aside from the lore, its what eventually led me to fall in love with the game itself as it was back then. All the other stuff followed after that, including participating in the already established, and now legendary PvMP community.

*sigh*
    Stundot!™

I'm aware that the OzRaid group, Aurora Australis and Corruption Syndicate are heading to Arkenstone.

Southern Cross is still in talks, however I'm personally leaning towards Arkenstone as well at this stage.
    Elendilmir: Southern Cross Kinship
    Freeps: Scruffodian; Scruffbeard; Scruffeldor; Scruffynerf; Scruffwulf; Scruffystone; Scruffiness; Scruffphor; Scruffward
    Creeps: Frothrat; Frothfight; Frothed; Frothleg; Frothnakh; Frothface

Quote Originally Posted by Ginko View Post
    That poll is invalid. it gives NO option for chaining yourself to the Party Tree while the datacenter bulldozers wipe the server

All this has strangely been like a faint gut punch to me. I hadn't played in sometime, and just got back into it full swing like a month ago, now this happens. Its funny how something so in-material can be felt so personally. I guess I wish they would have found another way to go about this.

Im pretty much on my own with possibly preferring Landroval. When I first started playing LOTRO, I was in rehabilitation with a broken spine from a near fatal car accident, and I found myself being forced to write about the scenarios my toons would encounter and it became quite therapeutic, aside from the lore, its what eventually led me to fall in love with the game itself as it was back then. All the other stuff followed after that, including participating in the already established, and now legendary PvMP community.

*sigh*
    Landroval: Come play with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Greyhame View Post
    We are going to Isengard!
    gard gard gard gard....
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000037c92/01007/signature.png]Treyserino[/charsig]
    --HonestJohn 100 Burg--Linuphor 100 RK -- Retired dudes:: Taaveti 50 Champ -- Belethelion 75 Cappie -- Treyserino 60 Guard
    -------------------------->Lost in the desert and Hitch Hiking to middle Earth.....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Comstrike View Post
    The PvMP community is active on both sides. There are more than a few highly organized but still casually styled raiding groups. But this is not Brandywine. That "fluff" RP stuff frankly does indeed draw vastly larger numbers than the Moors any day of the week, twice as much on the weekends.

For my part, I am not even interested in drawing hardcores to Landroval, I already know they'll tear their hair out. But there are folks looking to spread their alts around, experience the whole game and not just the content or raids. They might be looking for something else this time, and a free transfer is an opportunity.
    This makes me happy. Ive always looked at Landys with a smile cause they were there for more than the game as a whole. Im a just a hardcore casual. Seems a closing deal for me as the days grow colder and the nights grow longer on the big E....
    Stundot!™

I sigewolf \ SigewolftheII \ Teleporter \ Sigewollf \ Sigewolff \ PressOn \ Midnightrider \ Reginar \ Sigemeister \ Yogiibear Have packed my bags and heading to Arkenstone. Rumor has it kin will follow as well.

Now please don't take this wrong way, but my reasons were as follows

Gladden is Default Steam suggested server. Hence I figure will get lots of Kids that play for a few weeks and leave. High Pop. Doesn't = Good Community Pop. 3 hours in chat on 2 different nights confirmed it for me. imo will be the next Brandywine 2.0

Landi is great and I go there every summer for Weatherstock, but don't do the RP stuff. Yes I know you don't have to. Just saying

Crickhallow was made same time and suggested F2P server. (not that there is anything wrong with that ;P ) again. Just saying

That left Arkenstone. One of the largest kins on server even made a post Welcoming all of E > http://www.reddit.com/r/lotro/commen..._welcomes_you/

I checked it out and chat felt like E to me. I don't PvP and mostly raid with my kin, but far as pvp and finding peeps for raids\6 mans \3 man's with 8 closing servers jammed onto 5. I don't see that as an issue. There will be more then enough peeps on all servers left to do what you like.

With AA and Vox Imortals and Azraid maybe CS and ITW and 5 friends from friends lists should be no prob getting that E community chat happening. (that reminds me 95 friends left to send mail to lol )

Oct 2006 Beta one and two. When we went live I logged in a couple weeks later on Brandywine and I was 35th in Que to log on. I came to E the next day and have love it and the community since Day One. I will miss those that don't end up on Arkenstone with Me. Wish those all the best in your travels. Its been fun. Too those going to Arkenstone.

Yippee!! Will See You There

Quote Originally Posted by sigewolf View Post
    I sigewolf \ SigewolftheII \ Teleporter \ Sigewollf \ Sigewolff \ PressOn \ Midnightrider \ Reginar \ Sigemeister \ Yogiibear Have packed my bags and heading to Arkenstone. Rumor has it kin will follow as well.

Now please don't take this wrong way, but my reasons were as follows

Gladden is Default Steam suggested server. Hence I figure will get lots of Kids that play for a few weeks and leave. High Pop. Doesn't = Good Community Pop. 3 hours in chat on 2 different nights confirmed it for me. imo will be the next Brandywine 2.0

Landi is great and I go there every summer for Weatherstock, but don't do the RP stuff. Yes I know you don't have to. Just saying

Crickhallow was made same time and suggested F2P server. (not that there is anything wrong with that ;P ) again. Just saying

That left Arkenstone. One of the largest kins on server even made a post Welcoming all of E > http://www.reddit.com/r/lotro/commen..._welcomes_you/

I checked it out and chat felt like E to me. I don't PvP and mostly raid with my kin, but far as pvp and finding peeps for raids\6 mans \3 man's with 8 closing servers jammed onto 5. I don't see that as an issue. There will be more then enough peeps on all servers left to do what you like.

With AA and Vox Imortals and Azraid maybe CS and ITW and 5 friends from friends lists should be no prob getting that E community chat happening. (that reminds me 95 friends left to send mail to lol )

Oct 2006 Beta one and two. When we went live I logged in a couple weeks later on Brandywine and I was 35th in Que to log on. I came to E the next day and have love it and the community since Day One. I will miss those that don't end up on Arkenstone with Me. Wish those all the best in your travels. Its been fun. Too those going to Arkenstone.

Yippee!! Will See You There

Haha, nice post.

I'm moving there too, hope to see you, maybe we'll be neighbours
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhelm View Post
    Haha, nice post.

I'm moving there too, hope to see you, maybe we'll be neighbours
    Long as you don't take my house and two kin house and instead move in Next door. Looking forward to it ;P

Pipe Weed Bandits - moving to Gladden

Hi all,

I will be moving one of the oldest kins on E to Gladden. My few kin mates may or may not follow. Please look for us on the new server and all are welcome to join.

I will miss E and all the great people i have chatted, fought and generally, had a good time with. Best Wishes to all.
    Good Times...

Hi everyone.

First, I want to thank everyone of Elendirmir community.
    I am a minority user to play in the oceania time zone.

When all Japanese lotro servers were closed in 2009, more than 200 core players immigrated to here.
    Although our server will be closed again, we have to choose carefully immigration destination.

I investigated the actual login number of six servers in both US prime time and oceanic prime time.

Unfortunately, 'unofficial oceanic server Elendirmir' is a past story.
    the majority of lotro users to know the nickname, has already retired from game.
    Nowadays, the population in other five live servers is much larger than in Elendirmir, even in the oceanic prime time.
    In Brandywine, approximately five times as many people had adventures in the middle-earth. Gladden and Landroval had a roughly 2 times the people.

Thus, we can get more neighbors, whichever server you choose as destination.
    I would like to thank the voting results. But I cannot use as the reference of our choice, because the player ratio of oceanic time zone is unknown.
    In my opinion, to avoid the possibility of future closure of the destination server, we choose a moderately crowded server.

At present, Crickhollow and Gladden have become candidate. One of our raid fellow group seems to choose Crickhollow.
    I think Gladden is the best choice. Because it has a 3rd population and it is a steam suggeted server, that the entry of new players is appealing to me.

Lastly , good luck to all elendirmir players.

Quote Originally Posted by yassie View Post
    I think Gladden is the best choice. Because it has a 3rd population and it is a steam suggeted server, that the entry of new players is appealing to me.
    Sadly from what I've seen it's the entry of exactly the wrong sort of players. Mostly bored 13 year olds with an attitude problem from what I saw on Gladden.
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Sadly from what I've seen it's the entry of exactly the wrong sort of players. Mostly bored 13 year olds with an attitude problem from what I saw on Gladden.
    Indeed, witness the size and eminence of the intellect commenting on about Landroval because he evidently wasn't well liked while there and moved to Gladden:

Link with no subtle working title.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    I have done a little looking around, and I leveled a character to level 100 on Gladden.

Gladden is currently the "preferred server" on the Steam client, and as a result as you already said the majority of the population there is 1) relatively young, and 2) mid-level, not near 100. If you strictly compare the number of 100s for instance on at the same time, you will see a very similar level 100s population on both Crickhollow and Arkenstone. I did a small sample test just now when writing this post, so around the posting time, and there are 38 level 100s on Arkenstone, and 42 on Gladden, while Gladden has almost double the logins. The main reason for that, as stated above, is not because it is such big server, it is because it is the Preferred Server on Steam, and everyone who discovers the game on Steam will join THAT server. Although I love new players to the game, I don't always see the "preferred server" as a positive thing. Of course they may decide to switch the preferred server as soon as the server consolidations are over.

Just in the last 10 minutes I witnessed some relatively normal conversation going on Arkenstone (not that much, it was relatively quiet), and some hunter whining about no one being able to make him level 95 gear on Gladden and he didn't want to wait for all the grinding he has to do to get to 100. To me, that sets the tone. It tells me what kind of community it is.

For me it's a quality vs quantity issue, and I do think those who have chosen Gladden, may have done so because of the known amount of logins, but that is very deceiving being the steam server of choice, and it doesn't give you any idea what the community is like.

My opinion:

Good communities: Arkenstone, Crickhollow
    Undecided: Landroval. (pretty good from what I hear, I just have too little experience with this world)
    Bad communities: Brandywine, Gladden.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast