We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Turbine says "Eldar goes"

Hammer is coming down on Eldar server. Turbine says "Eldar goes".

https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...e-announcement

19 worlds are closing, 10 will remain, 5 NA and 5 EU
    The end is here, the ring is gone. I could not help it . . .

RIP Eldar, I'll miss you so very much.

All those good times, all those bad times of being the hunted and yet still somehow, I managed to have fun.

Goodbye
    [CENTER]BiteMarks
    ~ the names Marks .... BiteMarks ~
    [/CENTER]

Bettee, Flaps
    The Mellowship

I won't cry for it. Our server became too quiet. I think it is the right choice to transfer. More activity, better pings with EU servers again and an auction house that can be used for some actual trade again. I only see advantages.

The question is where to go: RP or non-RP?

surprised? can't say I am, its been a long time coming for a major server close down with the way Turbine kept going , extremely sad to see Eldar erased forever, even though I haven't played for a long time.... but I was always hoping they will finally get their heads straight so I could play this beautiful game again, or not, maybe after this merge eh? probably not .

this merge seems like a last effort to keep the game going a few more years at best, looks like those ppl from 3-4 years ago who said the game will die in 3-4 years before we reach Mordor were right.

after so long still no decent pve content since the Isengard patch.... nothing even remotely close to Dol Guldur etc, heck even another turtle/smaug raid would be something great at this point,pvp is still as broken as always after each patch if not even getting worse.

old team/new team Turbine just doesn't learn or listen to players and here we are, sad, even though the game is showing its age it still has/had great potential with the proper development and community interaction.

First time I logged into Eldar was 8 years ago. 8 years! It was really high populated back in the day and we had tons of fun. Rest in piece Eldar, the Eldarinwe will carry on your legacy!

Sad times, many good memories with many great people on Eldar.

Downloading now to see if I can say hello/goodbye to any remaining old folk

Hope all are well,

Cheers,

Corm / Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Cormaq_ View Post
    Sad times, many good memories with many great people on Eldar.

Downloading now to see if I can say hello/goodbye to any remaining old folk

Hope all are well,

Cheers,

Corm / Matt
    Hey you!

less of the *old* tyvm Synergie is only 502 and thats quite young for an elf!

Eldar was a great server to play on and I'm glad I choose it all those years ago. Hopefully see everyone on Evernight for some fun times, lets bring Eldars great community where ever we all end up

Deni x

Quote Originally Posted by Deniorona View Post
    Hey you!

less of the *old* tyvm Synergie is only 502 and thats quite young for an elf!

Eldar was a great server to play on and I'm glad I choose it all those years ago. Hopefully see everyone on Evernight for some fun times, lets bring Eldars great community where ever we all end up

Deni x
    Synnn, Hellooo!

Nice to hear you're going to Evernight, it seems most people are heading that way from the chats yesterday ingame.

I'm not sure how much I'll be playing lotro again but I'll definitely transfer, the only thing that brings me back now is the people (like you) if I'm honest. I'm currently really looking forward to raids and more wvw pvp in gw2 (which is now f2p) so anyone is welcome to join us there.

Have so many good memories of Eldar, great to hear from you!

Matt / Corm