We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Nimrods

Nimrods

Hail fellow Nimrods! As many of us knew was coming, our beloved server will be closing soon which means time to pick one of the big 5, Landroval, Gladden, Brandywine, Crickhollow, or Arkenstone (well only 4 for now since Brandy is closed to incoming transfers)

I am Monlew (Meliar, Lewcius, Leokas) leader of The Last Alliance. Like many of you, I've called Nimrodel my home since I started playing 8 years ago. Wherever my kin decides to go, it would feel great to see as many of those familiar names, and Nimrodel titles floating around as possible. If any kin leaders or members are interested, please post here (or mail Monlew in game) as to where you will end up.

My kin (10-15 Actives) will be sticking together but we're not set on where we're going, we would just love to stick with as many Nimrods as possible.

For those heading in their own direction, I wish you the best and hope that if our paths crossed over the past 8 years, we made a group to remember!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000114f0c/01006/signature.png]Meliar[/charsig]

Talking

Heya!

I'm one of the officers of Bricks and Mordor.

I was under the impression that most kinships over here are going over to Landroval. I could be mistaken though. My kinship is going wherever the large proportion of us nimrods are going.

Thanks
    Nav(algar)
    Event organiser of Bricks and Mordor on Landroval (ex-Nimrodel).
    Creep raids 'suicidal monster mob' 1pm est Mondays and Tuesdays on Landroval!
    If you're interested in a social and softcore raiding kin send me a mail on Navalgar.

Rumor has it that the majority of kins on other servers are also heading to Landroval which means it may become Brandywine-like. My kinship is voting as I type this and we will go where the majority wish us to go although I do hope it's more like Arkenstone to keep the small town vibe.

I do hope you can all make it to Nimrodel's final March to Weathertop. We will go out with style.

I wish you all the best no matter where you land.

Trin
    Trindal
    Leader
    All Shall Fade
    Nimrodel

Quote Originally Posted by Trinitie View Post
    Rumor has it that the majority of kins on other servers are also heading to Landroval which means it may become Brandywine-like. My kinship is voting as I type this and we will go where the majority wish us to go although I do hope it's more like Arkenstone to keep the small town vibe.
    Leader of Wisdom here.

This is the one thing that leads me to lean against Landroval as a destination. I've looked at some other server sub-forums and I see a vast majority of kins indicating that they are going to Landroval.

I like Landroval, i have a few 50+ characters there and have enjoyed my time there.

I think that most people assumed(correctly) that it would stay open and mentally decided that it was the server to transfer to. I just really fear it getting way way way too crowded.

I rolled some characters on the other three and leveled them out of the starter zone. I'll play around at my normal times to watch world chat and check out the AH.

I truly want to stay with all my Nimrodel friends but I am also not very happy about Landroval as my destination.

Thakis

Quote Originally Posted by Thakman View Post
    Leader of Wisdom here.

This is the one thing that leads me to lean against Landroval as a destination. I've looked at some other server sub-forums and I see a vast majority of kins indicating that they are going to Landroval.

I like Landroval, i have a few 50+ characters there and have enjoyed my time there.

I think that most people assumed(correctly) that it would stay open and mentally decided that it was the server to transfer to. I just really fear it getting way way way too crowded.

I rolled some characters on the other three and leveled them out of the starter zone. I'll play around at my normal times to watch world chat and check out the AH.

I truly want to stay with all my Nimrodel friends but I am also not very happy about Landroval as my destination.

Thakis
    I want to stay with my Nimrodel friends as well, but if the kin decides on another, that is where we will go. Sadly this should not be such a hard decision, but it is. I wish you the best and if luck is on our side we will land on the same server!

Trin
    Trindal
    Leader
    All Shall Fade
    Nimrodel

Unfortunately, I do have the same fear that Landroval could easily become overcrowded. I also agree one of the other three may be more sensible. But Bricks and Mordor will go where the majority goes.
    Event organiser of Bricks and Mordor on Landroval (ex-Nimrodel).
    Creep raids 'suicidal monster mob' 1pm est Mondays and Tuesdays on Landroval!
    If you're interested in a social and softcore raiding kin send me a mail on Navalgar.

I'm sure I don't really need an introduction, but in case you have been living under a rock, I'm Skorp. I'm posting on behalf of Eruchin. We are currently trying to decide where to head. Currently Landroval is leading, based on previous chat about others heading to Landroval as well, however there is a growing discussion around heading to Crickhollow or Arkenstone. Over the next week or so I will be trying to talk to as many kin leaders and other players as I can to get an idea of where people are heading.

I am also hoping to exchange some contact info with those who I don't want to lose touch with. If you want to keep in touch with me, please send me a PM here on the forums

Skorp, HNT - Tailor | Skorpling, BRN - Wesponsmith
    Ambein, Human LRM - Scholar | Skorpedo, WDN - Woodworker | Lengram, RNK - Jeweller
    Eruchin - Formerly of Nimrodel Server | Current Arkenstoner

I keep hearing that the 'majority' are going to Landroval, but lots of people in the kinships that are part of that 'majority' seem to have second thoughts about Landroval. We should try to get a Nimrodel Kin Leader (and successor/right hand man) chat going on Saturday after the Final March. I'm upping our vent to hold 200 people anyway, so after the march we could all convene on it and discuss as there will be plenty of room.

I have to say, I've been spending hours on Arkentstone and CH and plan to do so on Gladden this week as well and it's been... interesting I want to see for myself and I encourage all kin leaders to do that same.

Trin
    Trindal
    Leader
    All Shall Fade
    Nimrodel

I keep hearing that the 'majority' are going to Landroval, but lots of people in the kinships that are part of that 'majority' seem to have second thoughts about Landroval. We should try to get a Nimrodel Kin Leader (and successor/right hand man) chat going on Saturday after the Final March. I'm upping our vent to hold 200 people anyway, so after the march we could all convene on it and discuss as there will be plenty of room.

I have to say, I've been spending hours on Arkentstone and CH and plan to do so on Gladden this week as well and it's been... interesting I want to see for myself and I encourage all kin leaders to do that same.

Trin
    I'm just going off information I have received from people in the past, but that was a couple of months ago. It's perfectly reasonable and understandable that things may change. I still want us as a server to move somewhere together, I don't really care where as long as its not Brandywhine. I probably won't be able to make it on Saturday, but if I can, I'll represent my Kin

Skorp, HNT - Tailor | Skorpling, BRN - Wesponsmith
    Ambein, Human LRM - Scholar | Skorpedo, WDN - Woodworker | Lengram, RNK - Jeweller
    Eruchin - Formerly of Nimrodel Server | Current Arkenstoner

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Thakman View Post
    Leader of Wisdom here.

Hey All,

Brynn/Hadleighy - officer in Wisdom. As Thakis said, we've been playing on Crickhollow, Gladden, Landroval and Arkenstone on and off each evening and even popping on during the day as time allows to get feel for each server. Obviously keeping in mind that things will change as populations on each grow with active transfers, they each seem to have their own distinct vibe.

Would be great to land somewhere with folks we know and to bring some of Nimrodel's sense of community to a new home. I'm encouraging Thakis to pop-in for the conversation Saturday so he can contribute information about our experiences and general feelings about the environment of each remaining server and hopefully in comparing everyone's notes, we can find a new home where a lot of us can meet new players, but also keep playing with folks we know.

I'm not nearly as active a player as Thakis, but I recognize your names and know them from his years of playing with all of you and I really hope to see some of you (the more the merrier!) wherever we land next. Thanks for making Nimrodel a great community - I'm not sure I would have started playing much less have kept playing for 4 years without y'all and your kin mates.
    At home on Nimrodel for 4 years.
    Hadleighy/champ/100 (main), Brynnraen/guard/100 (retired main) , Zarefina/mini/100 (solo), Hazriel/LM/88, Rachlarien/RK/83, Brynreign/Beorn/71, Rudbekia/burg/34, Aysawen/capt/36, Haddley/hunter/16

Yea, I'm getting the feeling to this point most are looking at Landy and Ark, but I'm looking forward to what comes out of the server event this saturday. I'm encouraging my officers to try and make it as I'm not sure I can, and I'd encourage any of you to at least be logged on and participate in chatter. We are a small enough server to where it would be reallly great to get the majority to agree on one new home, and rock the "of Nimrodel" or (bane of Nimrodel) titles!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000114f0c/01006/signature.png]Meliar[/charsig]

It's gonna be so weird not having Nimrodel. I'm not sure where I am going to take my main, Nymphonic.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by loojaks View Post
    Hail fellow Nimrods! As many of us knew was coming, our beloved server will be closing soon which means time to pick one of the big 5, Landroval, Gladden, Brandywine, Crickhollow, or Arkenstone (well only 4 for now since Brandy is closed to incoming transfers)

I am Monlew (Meliar, Lewcius, Leokas) leader of The Last Alliance. Like many of you, I've called Nimrodel my home since I started playing 8 years ago. Wherever my kin decides to go, it would feel great to see as many of those familiar names, and Nimrodel titles floating around as possible. If any kin leaders or members are interested, please post here (or mail Monlew in game) as to where you will end up.

My kin (10-15 Actives) will be sticking together but we're not set on where we're going, we would just love to stick with as many Nimrods as possible.

For those heading in their own direction, I wish you the best and hope that if our paths crossed over the past 8 years, we made a group to remember!
    Hey Mon,

I would certainly advise your mates to check out Ark. It was once my alternate destination before the moors decline. I felt like you could maintain that individualistic play style that you and I share. Crickhollow is worth checking, but as far as I am concerned, Landroval will be packed just as BW.

I hope my suggestions help.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Trin
    Hello Trin,

I have spent some time on Crick when the mass transfer occurred. It is not a bad server. While my main priority remains that of PVP, the community seemed genuine enough at first sight. While I am unable to comment on PVE side of the spectrum, the PVP portion sure needs creep leaders.

I hope your scavenging will assist in your decision making. Send me a forum message with the final decision, if possible.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

When is the move open?

When I click the transfer button, I see no worlds. Is this because it is not yet available?

Quote Originally Posted by Thohael View Post
    When I click the transfer button, I see no worlds. Is this because it is not yet available?
    Yes it's not available for the nimrodel server yet they are still on the first 2 servers of the list they have created. The reason you don't see worlds is because I'm guessing you didn't have any characters on elendilmir. Hopefully our transfer date will be in the next few weeks I'm guessing we are still 3 weeks away but that's just my guess.
    Devdor
    Devdor R15 Champion ~ Devarsi R12 Rk
    Scrublio R9 BA ~ Omnomfreeps R6 WL

I guess both Scorps are going to arkenstone, I will be moving my kinship Unexpected Exiles
    “A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.” -???

Hello friends of Nimrodel. On Monday, I moved The Last Alliance over to Arkenstone! If any of you went that direction as well, I look forward to seeing you on the flip side. For those that went elsewhere, I wish you all the best.

-Monlew, Meliar, Lewcius, Leokas