We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Windfola: Memory Lane

So what are some of the fondest memories you've had on Windfola?

For me there have been many.
    The time that Troll punted me off the top of Weathertop.
    Or even that time we made a game of porting gold spammers out of Bree into the middle of Forochel.
    The time that a kinmate said they were coming to me and proceeded to run straight towards me and over a cliff in the Mines of Moria. That one included a loud and impossibly funny scream that we all giggled about till it hurt.

So many good times.
    Server/Kinship: Windfola / Dawning Eclipse
    Sparthir - Champion Sparcastor - Loremaster Sparcure - Minstrel Sparshadow - Burglar Spardor - Guardian
    Sparcap - Captain Spartavian - Champion Spararrow - Hunter Sparden - Warden

Ahh Yes...
    Looking down Rivendell valley to slip off.. and fall down the whole mountain to hit the ground sliding across it
    and flying over the river and landing on a rock on the other side...

Alive.

I once jumped off the peak of Thror's Coomb and slid all the way to what at the time felt like the Bone Vales in Dunland and lived. I've tried to replicate that leap dozens of times, with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by olanath View Post
    I once jumped off the peak of Thror's Coomb and slid all the way to what at the time felt like the Bone Vales in Dunland and lived. I've tried to replicate that leap dozens of times, with no luck.
    Oh I'd forgotten about the many Thror's Coomb jumps I've either done successfully or failed miserably at. Like the first time you discovered the way to get on top of a building or even outside the world maps.
    Sparthir - Champion Sparcastor - Loremaster Sparcure - Minstrel Sparshadow - Burglar Spardor - Guardian

Let's see...
    There's that time I was like level 15 and asked a Hunter for a ride to Rivendell. I didn't know about the Dangerous Area defeat penalty (sends you back to Milestone), so I set my Milestone to Rivendell. I spent the next 3 hours trying (unsuccessfully) to get out of the valley, and asking on /regional (World didn't exist and I didn't know about GLFF at that point) for someone to help me escape. Well, I finally managed to get someone, and after a few tries, he managed to get me to a safe area of High Moor, and then said "Hey dude, wanna see some dragons?"

I did not escape the Trollshaws that day.

What else...
    That time I accidentally deconstructed my First Ager
    The numerous times I set myself to autorun through the Second Hall, forgetting about the lava pit at the end
    'Store item purchased: /swordsalute & /heropose bundle' The next day: 'Deed completed: [the one that gives /heropose]' Day after that: 'Deed completed [the one that gives /swordsalute]
    Come join House of the Heavenly Arch, a Discord server for LGBT Fans of LOTR: https://discord.gg/9QfKMPJ
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Rainshade View Post
    'Store item purchased: /swordsalute & /heropose bundle' The next day: 'Deed completed: [the one that gives /heropose]' Day after that: 'Deed completed [the one that gives /swordsalute]
    Read this one out to my better half... she and I laughed so hard.

Hhhmmm...

That time fighting a troll in an instance (cant remember which one) and he punted me so hard I flew clear out of the instance and landed dead, in some random field outside Dol Amroth.
    Getting horribly lost my first time in Balewood, hitting a tree on my warsteed (why I attempted to ride my warsteed in that place Ill never know) and being instantly ported to Bree. >.<
    Learning the hard way there is no way to test the Forochel ice water to see if it kills you....it does. Every time.
    Falling down the well in Moria and surviving!! Quite the view I'll say.
    Failing to read the quest dialogue my first time meeting the Balrog in Moria, and trying to kill it. To my immediate demise.
    The killer Lampost Of Instant Death in Michel Delving...that kills you at any level if you hit it while mounted.
    Last edited by Oddessia; Aug 13 2015 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddessia View Post
    The killer Lampost Of Instant Death in Michel Delving...that kills you at any level if you hit it while mounted.
    ^That. And there's a similar spot I found lately, while doing Mirk RTs, inside Ost Galadh.... against a wall.

Doing a turtle run for the first time.

me being level 60 and everyone else being level 100.

I thought it would be funny to force shout the turtle, ended up with me running round in circles with it chasing me.

Hilarious however the others were not impressed.

My favorites are falling asleep on Gimchi with Weekend at Bill Ferney's while doing OD T2C on level and waking up to screams of "Gimchi, Why the hell aint you healing!!" as I am locked out of the fight and it wiped the raid!!! In my defense it was late and there was a lull while waiting for someone to retrait for the boss fight and I was sleepy.

Then the time I was on Nelsonor with Trucido doing Battle for Erebor T2C on level and somehow I hit the port home and acutally Block/Parried/Evaded every attack to actually make it. Then Annoula screams "Nelsonor, why the hell is your troll on us!!" and it wiped the raid. In my defense, I really have no defense.

Finally, leading T2 Pug Raids for the 3 Erebor raids back in the day. Some went good, some went bad, but it was fun either way. Always thought of Forest Gump Life is a box of Chocolates as I went to World to Pug cause I never knew what I was going to get.

Yeah, good times for a nublet like myself!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonor View Post
    My favorites are falling asleep on Gimchi with Weekend at Bill Ferney's while doing OD T2C on level and waking up to screams of "Gimchi, Why the hell aint you healing!!" as I am locked out of the fight and it wiped the raid!!! In my defense it was late and there was a lull while waiting for someone to retrait for the boss fight and I was sleepy.

Then the time I was on Nelsonor with Trucido doing Battle for Erebor T2C on level and somehow I hit the port home and acutally Block/Parried/Evaded every attack to actually make it. Then Annoula screams "Nelsonor, why the hell is your troll on us!!" and it wiped the raid. In my defense, I really have no defense.

Finally, leading T2 Pug Raids for the 3 Erebor raids back in the day. Some went good, some went bad, but it was fun either way. Always thought of Forest Gump Life is a box of Chocolates as I went to World to Pug cause I never knew what I was going to get.

Yeah, good times for a nublet like myself!!!!
    I've fallen asleep on crumbalin countless times while raid healing. I feel your shame.

Some of my memories of windfola I think will stick with me as long as I play and ever after that include, being asked to join viaticus. My first raid kin in my first mmo. Seems small but I was immensely proud to be classed as good enough as a player learning the game to be invited to play with my Moors idol, cirone.

The time I was being chased on a troll by a full raid of freeps and somehow managed to lure them up to stinger hill north west of OC and punt them all off to their deaths.

Leading my first raid through ODt2c after being up for 24 hours out of nerves of having to use my mic for the first time and scouring the Internet for raid leading help.

Reaching rank 8 on my runekeeper was a huge accomplishment for me at the time. I felt pretty good about that. Now ranks come and go and I don't even think about them at all.

Too many good times to count off and flood the thread but I'd like to say a huge thank you to viaticus for taking me in and showing me what raiding and pvp was about and made me love this game. A thanks to Annoula for being windfolas biggest gentleman and inspiring me to make a captain in the first place, you're a pillar of the Windfola community.
    Also Nyriens, windfolas greatest captain. Love you, girl.

Cool Memory lane

Or when i joined first time BG with trucido run and before ready check was coming i ported with my hunter to 21st hall and 4 people joined me thinking it was a "rdy check" but all i wanted was some morale pots. I must admit we had laughs and good times and bad moments in this awesome game and hope more to come with this servers showdown. Hedaga

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonor View Post
    I remember this raid, Gim, because it remains one of my fave lmao memories too! That, and the seemingly dozen times it took us to down The Lieutenant when the Mirkwood expansion landed. And the more than dozen times in OD we would all be asking each other 'what the hell just wiped us' while we were learning the raid. And the kin event when we took all our hobbits to Isengard first day the expansion landed.

Wow...

I am reading this thread while drunk and I got a tear in my eye. I wasn't even in Trudico or Viaticus (was in smaller guilds) but I remember alot of those people...I remember I was in this awesome guild called Majestic (which unfortunately changed its name after merging with another kin to "Easy Company" which I could not get behind), the main two guys were Russian and they were AWESOME (super fun and helpful plus they sounded like badasses no matter what they said) and they were out helping me level like, my second character, and I stopped to pick some blackberries and the guy is like WHY ARE YOU PICKING THOSE?! I was like dude I am a cook i need blackberries. He was like, I can make you FIELDS OF BLACKBERRIES, COME THE HELL ON. Good times. My brother took me to Angmar right when it came out (he was way higher level than me), boy was i freaking awed and amazed. God, how many times did I run Carn Dum back in the day...and I remember leaving my Captain at all sorts of random places, so I could summon people. I also met my husband on Windfola...he was a sexy warden calling raids in Moria...but he was never as into Lotro as I was. Anyway I will miss this server, lots of awesome times had, lovely friends made, and amazing memories!!

When TDH downed Thorog back in Shadows of Angmar with their fists...

Had so many good times on windy. Two of my favorite moments though...

I made a burg with the specific intention of sneaking into o. Figured it would take quite awhile and a lot of conniving. And on a random class quest ran into them and was asked to join. They hated Cuba so much and it was so damn funny when they finally found out, I just brought my warden to a raid one day.

I managed to get my warden into TDH after a name change and no-one knew it was me, which was even more impressive than o since I knew almost everyone personally. After about a month I was in the moors on my warg ganking and was in TDH vent and they were all trash talking Cuba. I just laughed in vent (after not talking at all before) and Jennie immediately knew it was me. Was excellent.

Favorite times by far though were running the moors with Wahime, Jakespeed, Troblajem, Grey, Rob, Wrok, and many many others I am sadly starting to forget the names of. Also one Carn Dum run with a LM named Avira, never laughed so hard in a night in my life I think. Miss em all a lot.

-Cuba

Still have memories of this server and game after all this time.

My days off from work (working 3rd shift) raiding with the Aussies in TDH, then moving on with them to O. Shifting over to PvMP and having fun with Kin's flipping sides depending on if I was playing my Hunter Eson or BA Wrok. I had the most fun just doing the first raid I think it was called the Rift? With the Balrog. I will say after all this time I was so young and still childish back in those days if any of the real old timer's like myself see this, sorry. It was back in my early 20's. I was talking with some coworkers about MMO's we used to play and I was recalling playing this game on this server for years. lol Some real good memories.
    Wrok BA of Windfola