We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Huge Scale Goodbye Event on Whitywindle EU Server

So the closing of the servers is upon us and it came into my mind to setup a massive server wide event to memorate the awesome time we all had on Withy. This will happen in bout 3-4 weeks.

In the past years creeps and freeps were in battle with each other to conquer Middle-Earth numerous of times. This had made me thinking.

100 Vs 100 Creep Vs Freep Raid. Or as many as we can get on both sides. The idea behind this is to replay the memorial battle of Minas Tirith from the 3rd LOTR movie.

Creeps meet Freeps somewhere in Ettens on a specific location (still need to find a proper location for this).

Details:

4x24m raid creeps and 4x24m raid freeps. 4 raid leaders on each side.

No heals being used as in the movie you don't see healers on the battlefield as well healing everyone back to 100%.

If you die, you stay dead. No respawning or whatsoever, no rezzing etc.

Everyone is eligible to participate in this battle even players from other servers is they would like.

What i need are a couple of players who would like to lead one of the 8x24m raids that will happen and can stay in contact with me trough Raidcall to make communication smoother.

There's 1 person you can't kill which will be me either on freep or creep since i have to record the entire battle and make a video from it so everyone can remember good old times on Withy.

Contact me either on this post or ingame @Sitaprutske freep or @Ylytharra Creep.

More details will be revealed once we can setup the basics and come closer to the start of this event.

The Supreme Art Of War Is To Subdue The Enemy Without Fighting.

The lag will be amazeballs remember the take the hobbit to Isengard event ? but tyea would be cool to do a goodbye event.
    Withywindle Freeps Rildok R8 LM, Meglatron R7 capt, Eldalorm R6 RK, Rildoc R7 Warden, Meglathan R5 Hunter, Rildock R5 Mini, Megolopops R5 Champ, Megaflop R5 Burg, Megasorearse Guard, Meglabear Beorn.

Idea is great but turbine hardware gonna look like this 5 secs after first "Charge!"

and i dont think we have so many peeps in WW.
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

Quote Originally Posted by Sitaprutske View Post
    Details:

4x24m raid creeps and 4x24m raid freeps. 4 raid leaders on each side.

No heals being used as in the movie you don't see healers on the battlefield as well healing everyone back to 100%.

If you die, you stay dead. No respawning or whatsoever, no rezzing etc.

Everyone is eligible to participate in this battle even players from other servers is they would like.

What i need are a couple of players who would like to lead one of the 8x24m raids that will happen and can stay in contact with me trough Raidcall to make communication smoother.

There's 1 person you can't kill which will be me either on freep or creep since i have to record the entire battle and make a video from it so everyone can remember good old times on Withy.

Contact me either on this post or ingame @Sitaprutske freep or @Ylytharra Creep.

More details will be revealed once we can setup the basics and come closer to the start of this event.
    No heals? No revives? Eeeh so defilers and warleaders will go dps O.O?

4 leaders on each side? Doubt you would be able to fill 2 raids.

You cant kill a player xD? Just get a burglar and a warg on each side

The idea is not bad but the details/rules are simply dumb.

~

If you wanna make such an event find 1 leader on each side who simply doesnt want to make it a faceroll and 1sided farm.
    One good thing to add is to LEAVE Osgliath and go back to the old map where the lag is not so HUGE and keep the bonus on each side the same so we won't have people crying about bonus.
    Would be great if we had 30 minutes/1 hour breaks with spars because leading a raid of 20+ can get the leader tired.
    Co-Ordination and balance can be easily made through a teamspeak so both leaders can know the numbers of each side and make their raids ''equal''.
    At the end we could just take a massive of screenshot of everyone that was invloved just for the memory of Withywindle.
    Affwyn Rank13 Warden - Ashtryn Rank7 Champion - Affected Rank9 Hunter
    Treachery Rank12 Warg - Treacherios Rank11 Reaver - Kavlaburz Rank10 Blackarrow

I want this server to just die already so I can pvp on another server.

Quote Originally Posted by Bipo View Post
    I want this server to just die already so I can pvp on another server.
    I agree I even went as far as using my level 54 warden on another server the other day just to get a bit of pvp the sooner we can transfer the better.

Sad when the action on Withy is so poor you have players wishing for the world to hurry up and close.

In other news, glad I got out when I did. Wishing you all greener pastures when you finally make the move <3

I'll try to be there although I also think some of those rules aren't all that great^^
    Former resident of Withywindle now settling in on Laurelin :D

The Bandits Raid Alliance - Laurelin
    http://thebandits.guildlaunch.com/

So how did the event go?

Some of us could have made an event.....but wait ,none are still playing on withy.

Who the #### are you?

Quote Originally Posted by elfbane1 View Post
    So how did the event go?

Some of us could have made an event.....but wait ,none are still playing on withy.

Who the #### are you?
    Ahh. Do you always speak with such equivocal elegance, or do you just save it for special occasions?
    "Beware of entrance to a quarrel, but being in,
    Bear ’t that th' opposed may beware of thee."
    - Polonius (Hamlet, Act 1, scene iii)