We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Transfers Open, so. . .

So today's the day transfers open from Meneldor.

I'm still undecided whether to get the move over with now, or give it a few days to let the process settle down. Meanwhile. . .

I know there are a bajillion threads about the process, "do's & dont's", FAQs etc., but does anyone know of a definitive thread that factors in users' recent experiences alongside Turbine's advice.

I'm a kinship leader, so as I understand it,

1. There have been some glitches with Kin storage chests, so I've emptied mine for now.
    2. All my toons are going to the same destination server, so I believe my shared vault storage should be OK. For those splitting toons to a mix of servers, shared stuff should be moved into individual vaults.
    3. Move Kin leader 1st, then once transferred successfully, Kin house sorted etc., move the rest.

Anything else people would advise?
    Nobby Nobbs - Landroval immigrant.
    Kin leader of The Meat Pie Collective, closed Beta Member, Founder and all-round good egg.

Hello there

Hi Nobby! Well I detagged & will be moving to Landroval whenever the transfer decides to start working for me. So nope, no advice for you from this quarter. Just wanted to say "hi".

Quote Originally Posted by Yanari View Post
    Hi Nobby! Well I detagged & will be moving to Landroval whenever the transfer decides to start working for me. So nope, no advice for you from this quarter. Just wanted to say "hi".
    Is it not working properly??? one of my accts is still tied up with transferring and its been a few hours

Quote Originally Posted by Yanari View Post
    Yanyan! See you on the Landroval side.

Transfers (3 VIP accounts + 3 ftp accounts) went as smoothly as a smooth thing.
    Nobby Nobbs - Landroval immigrant.
    Kin leader of The Meat Pie Collective, closed Beta Member, Founder and all-round good egg.

Red face Whoops

Well it turns out I had to drag the transfer window away from the log in window so it would expand to full size and show the server list. Which was odd and not intuitive. The transfer was slick as snot after that.

Meneldor world transfer

Do we still have time to transfer our characters from Meneldor??? I sure hope so!!

Yes. The devs have said a number of times that you will be able to move your characters off of closing worlds for the foreseeable future. The server itself will shut down eventually, but you'll still be able to move your characters off to one of the remaining servers.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by Warmutkan View Post
    Yes. The devs have said a number of times that you will be able to move your characters off of closing worlds for the foreseeable future. The server itself will shut down eventually, but you'll still be able to move your characters off to one of the remaining servers.
    I thought you could do the transfer from the launcher. But the "Transfer" button is gone. How do I transfer my character? I'm freaking out hoping I didn't lose all my character data.

The reason you aren't seeing the transfer button in the launcher is they turned off transfers temporarily until they can get the new hardware issues sorted out. They will make transfers available once everything is working as intended. Soooo, your character data, it's all still on the server where your characters are presently, that won't change until you move them off that server.

Okay thanks a ton!