We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

I am looking for a guild of daytime players. I play USA mountain from 12:30pm to around 6 or 7 pm. I can't make the time differences
    well. I am an older person. No excuse, I know hehe

I am a friendly open type person who can rp but not well. I am not into power gaming, though, so I'm not compatible with that type. No offense intended.

I am a level 36 guardian with medium skills. Still learning what works best for me. I have a few alts I play on and off.

I spent the afternoon making ale for my friends who rp. I hope they can enjoy and use it, but the problem for me is, I can't stay online long enough to know if they will or won't. I'd like to share in a guild's time online. I'd like to contribute to that guild.

Hopefully, there is a guild that can help me out some. If not, my present guild are friends and I won't have a hardship staying with them, nor do I believe they would be harsh with me for looking for daytime friends. I don't believe they would mind me looking for a place where I could do groups quests without a pickup group.

Dannil
    36 Guardian

Greetings everyone,
    I'm moving over here to Landroval from Brandywine and before that Landroval pre/post release.The reason for the move is I can't seem to find a solid "home" and not enough people to participate in RP'ing with.Here is my info(please keep in mind that this is a new character here)

Ingame Name: Merogo
    Current Lvl: lvl 6
    Class: Minstrel
    Profession: Will be a yeoman
    Type of RP'er: I havent really been around a lot of RP'ers so my skills are lacking but I would say medium working on heavy RP'er
    Playing type: With my character on Brandywine all I really did was farm and then did quests whenever I needed money,but don't worry I will work on lvling here,I just love the atmosphere and fun of farming crops and then cooking them.I would say though I'm a medium hardcore player if that makes sense lol.I play as much as I can without making my roommates mad lol.
    Gaming Experience: City of Heroes/Villains,Guild Wars(all of them),Flyff,Lineage 2,Magic the Gathering Online,Star Wars Galaxies,World of Warcraft(very shortly),Silkroad Online,Anarchy Online and a few others.

If I forgot anything please feel free to PM me or send me a tell/email ingame with any questions.
    Last edited by Lotusync; Jun 16 2007 at 01:35 AM.

Name In game: Xavadan
    Class: Elven Champion
    Level: 8 or 9, I don't remember.
    Level of RP: Heavy.
    Gaming experience: DAoC a lot (Joojo, Cauwen, Xaviar), EQ2 some (Scelte)

I like to RP. I like to do it a lot. Preferably in the kinship chat (treating it as a gathering hall or what not). I'm a little strange, and still learning about the lore, so I need a group that will act as a tutor in that aspect while I "grow" a backstory for my character here.

About me? I'm crazy. Honest I am. I'm 26, on the east coast, and I work the graveyard shift at a gas station, so Im generally on during the day until 9pm est or so. I have another job, but its a family business, so the times I actually work are incredibly random at that. So I tend to solo a lot unless I KNOW I have nothing on the roster there (weekends)

I love you. Come find me.

I'm looking for a kinship that has players in the GMT+1 timezone, or even player that are playing during those hours I guess. I'm 29 years old stationed in germany,I used to play EQ2 AB server...but quit to play LOTRO. Mature guilds only pls

ingame name: Alacard
    class: champ
    lvl: 8

I am an experienced MMO player of the ranged/nuking type. I just started a brand new Elf Hunter in Lorien. This is LOTR, why would I NOT think my character would be thrown into total chaos? I'm looking for a medium to large Kinship that enjoys everthing from role-play to raiding, as I enjoy all aspects of gaming. I'm an East Coaster and play from 9 p.m. to midnight, Sunday through Thursday. Weekends are hit and miss. Please respond if your Kinship is picking up new players like me

lvl 31 champ is my main
    and another lvl 20's minst
    not a big RPer but i enjoy a little
    looking for a group that has many members and is very active
    i play frequently and would like to join a group that will assist
    with group quests.
    i am very generous with my time and assistance to others
    and willing to assist with supplies for crafting and use of
    my craft mules
    I am looking for a group that is the same.

if you feel your group is a fit you can find me in game
    as Chons

Greetings.

Main - Augustin
    Guardian, Level 38, Elf from Lindon
    Grand master farmer, artisan cook, and tailor.

Looking for a medium - heavy RP fellowship. I am on between 20-40 hours per week depending on how busy I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydiaele View Post
    In-Game Name: Lydielle, Woman of Bree
    In-Game Level: 22 Minstrel, Mst. Artisan Prospector, Mst. Expert Jeweller
    Roleplaying: Noob but want to do more

I spent a year in EQ1, and 2 years in EQ2, played WoW for a while and dabbled in other games. I love LOtRO and it will be my game for quite a while (Lifetime Subscription). I like playing the healer, my main has been a healer in every game I played. I also like crafting a lot. I'm a casual player who solos a lot at present but my best times have been with a more or less set group of friends and I would like to find that again. I play most evenings late at night, usually after 9:00 central. I'm not interested in racing to the level cap, hardcore raiding or PvP. I won't join any kinship with a name that implies anything dark/sinister/evil.
    common we are only the Dark brotherhood.... nothing evil about MUHAHAHAHAHAHA.... Sorry bout that.... nothing evil about dark brotherhood we just o who am i kidding i just be quite

9. Jun 19 2007, 06:09 PM

Ingame Name: Adelaro and Wiliwise
    Class: Minstrel and Burglar respectively
    Level: 48 and 21 respetively
    Race: Both hobbits
    Profession: Yeoman and Tinker
    Level of RP: Light

What I am looking for
    I am looking for an active kinship that groups and plays together. I enjoy light RP and the music system but this is not a necessity for me joining. I guess what I am really looking for is a group of people that are active in the game and wouldn't mind me tagging along with them. As far a raiding goes, I do not mind raiding but my real life responsibilities prohibit me from participating more then once a week. There also will be times where I may miss a raid or an event due to my work schedule.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000000289d9/01005/signature.png]Wiliwise[/charsig]

Adelaro
    Wiliwise Lightfoot

Smile Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

Name: Roneth (26 Dwarf Champion-Alt)/Marianna (27 Hobbit Minstrel - Main)
    RP: Light-Medium
    Player type: laid back / middle

What am I looking for?

I'm a mid thirties gamer who is looking for an rp oriented guild (or mature oriented non-rp guild with a family like nature). I don't mind using voice chat if necessary, but feel it can take away from the immersion of the character (sometimes you just need to use it...raids/pvp/etc...). I've been active in EQ1, DAOC, WoW, UO, and even yserbius for you older TSN/INN gamers out there.

Of particular interest to me would be to find some other law enforcement gamers out there to group up with (17 yrs now). I am a family man, so they come first, which usually means my gaming time is after i put my son to sleep at 7:30pm. I do travel at least once a month (for a week) to train people, but am pretty consistent for events and adventures.

If you are looking for someone that loves to help out the lower folks, and at the same time dedicate himself to the advancement of the kinship, then shoot me a PM.

Thanks!

Roneth Bloodcleaver

Thank you to everyone who helped me find a Kinship, I have chosen one, thank you!
    Last edited by Pothius; Jun 25 2007 at 01:46 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000bdc8a/01005/signature.png]Andeldoc[/charsig]

I'm looking for a kinship on Landroval.

I'm playing a Level 12 Hobbit Guardian with the Explorer vocation. Right now I'm busy exploring the Shire, but when I get to a higher level and leave the Shire I'll be switching to the Armorer vocation.

I'm looking for a kinship that has mature players (late 20s to 40s) and light to moderate role-playing for fellowships, crafting, and general companionship and content help. I try to play a few hours each night and am not too concerned about power leveling.

Two other things are important for me in a kinship. First, the in-game purpose of the kinship is important. My hobbit guardian seeks to defend and serve the Shire, and ideally he would join a kinship that was supportive of this. Second, I want to be able to help lower-level folks in our kin. When I first got started there was another player who really helped me out on some quests. He was several levels higher than me and had already completed the quests, but he provided some informal mentoring on these quests to help me get my feet wet. He saved my hide a few times when I got in over my head, and I am indebted to him for taking the time to help me along. It would be great to "pay it forward" by being able to help others in a similar way...something that is completely fitting for a Guardian.

So...if you have any recommendations for kinships, please let me know. Also, if anyone is interested in forming a kinship for Guardians, or a kinship for Hobbits, please let me know. You can find me in-game as Monro of the Harfoots.
    Last edited by sojosoul; Jun 21 2007 at 03:06 PM.
    Mattwise Fleetfoot Hobbit Guardian/Armourer | Markwise Fleetfoot Hobbit Hunter/Armsman | Lukewise Fleetfoot Hobbit Burglar/Tinker | Johnwise Fleetfoot Hobbit Minstrel/Explorer

/em places a note on the bulletin board in Thorin's Hall which reads...

I am Bazik of the Lonely Mountain a minstrel of little renown. I have traveled far and wide to gather many a tale; and have many more leagues to travel yet. I travel with my fanciful twin brother Werik with his odd hats and simple words. You see this champion brother of mine is content to let his weapons speak for him.

Although I love the mornings, and like to stretch my legs when I can, I generally can not rouse ol' Werik until after dinner. With that said, he does like to travel until the moon has reached it's full height and I am happy to oblige him.

We are happy to be left to ourselves for the most part. However, on occasion, we do enjoy the company of good drinks, fine women, and a song or two. Though, as of late it appears there are many who are busy with their own lives and these things are fewer and less often then we would like.

If you are in need of a champion for your cause and a minstrel for your hearts, you'll find us near Gondomon or the rangers hut tonight. There are some people of merit in need of some assistance, and we are hoping to pick up a task or two. Especially if it means killing some goblins!

-Bazik of the Lonely Mountain
    [B]MMORPGS: [/B]Lord of the Rings: Online, World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, Anarchy Online, Asheron's Call, Dark Age of Camelot, EverQuest, Ultima Online.[B]
    Character Count: [/B]28 @ Max Level.
    [B]Friend's Made: [/B]Countless.

Im looking for large active mature guild that uses either TeamSpeak or Ventrilo
    character name : Ashx (19)
    class: champion/explorer

I have a 35 guard on windfola but came to this server in hopes of finding a large active mature guild using a voice chat program.

RP, medium
    Monsterplay some
    20-30 hours a week game play
    raiding fan
    age, 27 male

I have officer experience

In-game name: Xalandir
    Level: 13
    Race: Human
    Class: Champion
    Role-playing status: Haven't role-played (MMO) in the past but would like to at some level. I'm familiar with (big fan of) Tolkien lore.

History: I've been playing RP video games since Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy. I've traditionally shyed away from MMO games as I enjoy playing with friends and/or people of a similar mindset. I've been playing WoW off and on for the last two years so I'm familiar with MMO mechanics.

What I'm looking for: I'm looking for a kinship that is friendly, mature, and places an emphasis on inclusion of members regardless of class or play style. I love this game but I do have a real life. I'm also looking to play with people who like to help other players by grouping, advice, etc.

What I'd like to avoid: Kinships that have attendance or level/gear requirements aren't for me. I like to enjoy the game and have no interest in power-leveling. Strict RP kinships that aren't willing to help someone learn to RP probably won't work either. If members like to call other players n00bs, make fun of others, or be rude or derogatory I'm out as well. I had enough of that in WoW to last me two lifetimes.

What I bring to the table: I enjoy the game and Tolkien Lore. I'm a very nice player; helping people and meeting nice/helpful people improves my experience. I've played MMOs enough to know the mechanics, do's and don'ts, and I understand how to play any class I play (although I'm always willing to learn more). Finally, I'm pleasant. I'm not rude, I don't call people n00bs, and I certainly help kin in any way I can.

Apologies for the wall 'o text. After playing WoW for so long and reading "sentences" that consist of 7 letters I tend to ramble on a bit.

In-Game Name:Tanise Fitzwater
    In-Game Level: 42 (human Burglar
    Roleplaying: Light to None (Adaptable)

Gameplay: I play usually anywhere between 2 to 6 hours a day. More on weekends. Most week days during the evenings/nights.

My play style tends to be 20% grouping 80% soloing. I been solo for while. I usually get PUGS. I rather use vent or Ts for communications my mic does not work well in game.

Looking for a medium to large sized guild which is a well balance of hardcore and questing. I like to group for books and group quests. I only have 8 levels till I am 50.

I am EST. From Towson MD. I am an IT professional for more the 15 years EXP. I tend to have duty at odd times. I usually play Sunday to Thursday till 10pm ( I get up early for work.) I am free Friday and Saturday all the time.

I have tried to apply to the end game guilds but to no avail. Though monolith people are super nice.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820a000000014881/01003/signature.png]Tanise[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Tanise View Post
    In-Game Name:Tanise Fitzwater
    In-Game Level: 42 (human Burglar
    Roleplaying: Light to None (Adaptable)

Gameplay: I play usually anywhere between 2 to 6 hours a day. More on weekends. Most week days during the evenings/nights.

My play style tends to be 20% grouping 80% soloing. I been solo for while. I usually get PUGS. I rather use vent or Ts for communications my mic does not work well in game.

Looking for a medium to large sized guild which is a well balance of hardcore and questing. I like to group for books and group quests. I only have 8 levels till I am 50.

I am EST. From Towson MD. I am an IT professional for more the 15 years EXP. I tend to have duty at odd times. I usually play Sunday to Thursday till 10pm ( I get up early for work.) I am free Friday and Saturday all the time.

I have tried to apply to the end game guilds but to no avail. Though monolith people are super nice.
    you should fix your sig to reflect your current level
    Bogo - [B][I]Retired[/I][/B]

Alright, here goes. I'm a total altoholic(very bad ailment to have in a game that only allows 5 characters), so I figure if I get someone into a kinship, it'll help me focus my attention on one.

Player-wise, my hours are completely utterly random. I can't necessarily guarantee that I'll be on any specific time, but I can't say when I'll NOT be on, either. I've been playing MMOs for going on 10 years now, starting with UO and continuing through whatever seemed like a good idea at the time. I can and will play any class, and can adapt to almost anything. I do require at least SOME roleplay, or at least in-characterness, though I'm not particularly fond of over-important elitist types. I typically want to join kinships that have a background that fits my characters, but I'm more than willing to get creative.

Character wise, my list so far includes:

Level 22 woman burglar(hard-nosed but guardedly generous type)
    Level 18 dwarf guardian(pretty much exactly what you'd expect)
    Level 18 elf hunter(more than a little odd, to the point of being weird)
    Level 15 elf minstrel(as carefree as they come, but always willing to help)
    Level 12 man champion(probably going to be deleted...what, can't a guy not like champions?)

I have fallen utterly in love with the music system, and recently the ABC notation. Expect whoever becomes my main to have a bit of an interest in such.

Send a PM via the boards to get in touch.

Hi,

My name is Derek and I play a lv 14 Captain of Men. I am a medium style roleplayer. I suppose I am laid back ( I like to enjoy the quests I play and not rush through them all; power-gaming ) and when I play LOTRO I am just trying to escape from the the real world for a while and also make a small place for myself in JRRT's lore-rich world. I have experience with other roleplaying games, namely NWN 1 & 2.

I play usually for a couple of hours after work Monday - Friday and over the weekend at various times. So, I am an active player and can participate regularly in kinship gatherings. I would like to join a mature group of people over 18 (at least) that would similarly like to actually roleplay their characters and leave all their **** at the door. Looking for a very group-oriented kinship with not too many people.
    Last edited by alteswaldtroll; Jun 21 2007 at 12:31 PM.

Smile Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

I have been thinking of changing kinships. I will be a part of LotR for as long as possible(barring illness or tech problems).
    I want to have the best experience possible, and a friendly, well run Kinship is the MAIN factor in that happening.
    I am currently playing in Vilya Realm, but have been looking around, and it seems that this Realm has a good reputation for excellent role-playing Kinships(as a realm overall as well).
    I put a good chunk of time into the game. Right now and for the summer I'll be playing a lot more due to the fact I'm off work until the fall.
    I'm looking for a kinship that has strong leadership, good communication, is friendly, mature and enjoy playing PvPm as well(although we don't have to be PvPM masters, there are a healthy percentage of the kinship that enjoy it).
    I want to be involved in the kinship, and I want to do raids as well, but there is no rush to do so. There would be no rush because the Kinship I'm looking for should expect to have a long duration.
    If you read this and are not in a kinship, and like the sound of what I have said, message me. If I don't get any response from a kinship, then maybe we can look into founding one.
    Take care...
    Stuartmedium.

Thumbs up Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

For those of you who aspire to end-game content, come look us up! We're Monolith and would love to chat with you to see if we're the right kinship for you. We have a few members still levelling (20's and 30's I believe) as well as alternates characters in their early 20's. Many of us are on fairly often (4-10 hours per day).

Since joining I found the kinship to be friendly, helpful, and willing to raid and get stuff done, even if it is something that has been done repeatedly! I've since been promoted to an officer and even prior to that, I have been looking to fill our ranks with good people with a good character and have similar desires and interests. We don't RP often and some of us talk on Ventrillo consistently (although membership won't require this, we would like to chat with you at least once).

Look me up in game (I am on a lot since I work from home): Kulras. You can also chat with Arete, Diggl, Lemanjuu, or Synchro.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Kulraz View Post
    For those of you who aspire to end-game content, come look us up! We're Monolith and would love to chat with you to see if we're the right kinship for you. We have a few members still levelling (20's and 30's I believe) as well as alternates characters in their early 20's. Many of us are on fairly often (4-10 hours per day).

Since joining I found the kinship to be friendly, helpful, and willing to raid and get stuff done, even if it is something that has been done repeatedly! I've since been promoted to an officer and even prior to that, I have been looking to fill our ranks with good people with a good character and have similar desires and interests. We don't RP often and some of us talk on Ventrillo consistently (although membership won't require this, we would like to chat with you at least once).

Look me up in game (I am on a lot since I work from home): Kulras. You can also chat with Arete, Diggl, Lemanjuu, or Synchro.
    Cheers!
    This thread is not intended for Kinship solications, it is more of a place for the Kinship leaders to watch the posts and contact members that they are interested in.
    [COLOR="Purple"]Founder & Alpha Tester[/COLOR]
    [color="violet"]Recruitment Officer for Creations of the Light, a Christian kinship on Gladden server.[/color]
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Characters: Lelah, Minstrel, SM Woodsman; Raedelle, Lore-Master, SM Scholar; Naomii, Captain, SM Metalsmith; Seana, Burglar, SM Jeweller[/COLOR]

found a kinship, thanks
    Last edited by InternetStupid; Jul 02 2007 at 05:46 PM.

25. Jun 22 2007, 08:05 PM

My main, Trinstar, is a 33 burglar. While I've grouped with many great people, my play time is so sporadic that by the time I see them online again, there is generally a significant gap in our levels and locations. I'm looking for a kinship to meet people with whom I can group more regularly. During the week I am rarely ever able to log on before 7 or 8 PST, and often its even later. During the weekends I'm usually on and off at all hours.

I like to joke and goof around, but also expect my fellows to know how to play their character and be able to get things done. With those I know, I can get into a lot of friendly mockery and fake-meanness. I am happy to help others, but I do not tolerate drama or people who are overly whiny and needy.

Generally, I do not roleplay, or do so only lightly. If those around me are roleplaying, I can get into it and go along, although I will still explicitly use certain game terms, such as the FM wheel. And I certainly don't mind when others are always in-character. Well ok, that's not entirely true... I find it completely obnoxious when someone's "roleplaying" consists of mangling Old English and misusing "thee's" and "thou's", rather than actually developing a character and persona.

I've been approached by several people from the Expert Treasure Hunters, and while it seems like a great group, I unfortunately will be dragging along a guardian friend where ever I end up. Possibly some other friends as well.
    ~Rigz designed my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Amber333 View Post
    This thread is not intended for Kinship solications, it is more of a place for the Kinship leaders to watch the posts and contact members that they are interested in.

You're completely right, my apologies.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast