We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

Hi people!

My main's a 32 Burglar, though lately I've been working on a Minstrel (currently level 19). I'm a casual, laid-back player, averaging 5-10 hours a week- though this might change if I can find an enjoyable kinship!

I'm looking for a kinship that is mature and considerate. Though I strongly value mature and intelligent chat, I have no interest in a kinship that strongly enforces chat standards (i.e. mandatory RP). I'm also not looking for a highly regulated, raid-intensive kinship.

What I am looking for is a kinship that will add to my enjoyment of the game, without making it feel like a job. I want a friendly, helpful group of people that are more focused on having fun together than leveling as quickly as possible.

If any such kinships would accept a fun, considerate player, please respond!

Quote Originally Posted by Kulraz View Post
    For those of you who aspire to end-game content, come look us up! We're Monolith and would love to chat with you to see if we're the right kinship for you. We have a few members still levelling (20's and 30's I believe) as well as alternates characters in their early 20's. Many of us are on fairly often (4-10 hours per day).

Since joining I found the kinship to be friendly, helpful, and willing to raid and get stuff done, even if it is something that has been done repeatedly! I've since been promoted to an officer and even prior to that, I have been looking to fill our ranks with good people with a good character and have similar desires and interests. We don't RP often and some of us talk on Ventrillo consistently (although membership won't require this, we would like to chat with you at least once).

Look me up in game (I am on a lot since I work from home): Kulras. You can also chat with Arete, Diggl, Lemanjuu, or Synchro.
    Cheers!
    Please, kinship leaders and officers, please contact the potential member through PM or in game.
    Thanks
    Bogo - [B][I]Retired[/I][/B]

I'm a level 10 human lore master named "Mannimarco". I can do any level of RP, or no RP at all, it's all fine with me.
    Last edited by shthrasher; Jun 28 2007 at 04:08 PM.

Lieana

Level 17 Elven Loremaster

Casual player, Usually play late, my time is Pacific standard, live on the west coast.

Looking for a kinship just to get to know the game better and meet people, Still very new and I enjoy my class very much. Also nice to have people to talk to while I play, OOC chat is not really chat.

I Dont normally roleplay but It is fun to roleplay every once in awhile, Joined this server for its population did't know it was a unoffical RP server.

Post Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

Well, after much internal debate I have officially made my server switch: Silverlode to Landroval. I visited Landroval to investigate RP happenings and came to find not only an immersive player base (when sought out) but also a general population of cordial and friendly middle earth inhabitants. So, I'm leaving behind a 30 Minstrel and a 38 LM on Silverlode. My experience with these two classes goes back to Nov-Dec of this year (closed beta).

As of now, I have a foster father (Dustwine, human LM) and an orphaned hobbit (Myxolydian, Minstrel) whose rather curious name was given to him by his equally eclectic foster father. Myxolydian has always had a heightened sense of the explorer and adventurer in him, as his raising was of a peculiar sort. He is starting to take his in the sights and sounds, and dangers of an Eriador he never knew existed.
    Dustwine, on the other hand, is currently locked away in some hole, hovel, or age-worn study, unwilling to venture out into the world for the time being. Wherever he currently resides, he can sometimes be seen running about with dust billowing off his cloak and pages tumbling from pockets, making his way to the grocer or some other rare book merchant.

So there you have it. I am an avid Tolkien reader though admittedly, my knowledge of much of the lore is limited. I am looking for a kinship which can balance the game content with other activities (frequent stops at inns, performances, organized events, etc.) as well as one which will at some point deal with end game content (an experience which will be new to me given the highest character I've had since closed beta was my 38 Minstrel on Silverlode).
    Hmm...seems like a long post. Well, If you've been willing to wade through the text and our interested feel free to PM me or one of my characters on Landroval.
    Safe Journey to you.

Hi all, i will get right to the facts as im normally a person of few words.
    Player Name. Jaxgar
    Age. 30
    Class. Lore-Master
    Race. Human
    Level. 7 and climbing
    Gaming level. Medium
    Rp level preffered. Medium (adaptable)

I am new to LOTRO as i just bought the game 4 days ago and im looking for a Kinship with a fairly large player base of active members. I myself work fulltime so i would only be on in the late afternoon to early evenings (pacific time), with the exceptions of my 2 days off a week.

I enjoy Rping that isnt overly hardcore and is open to people who may not be well versed in all the "ins and outs" of the middle earth universe.

I consider myself a very friendly and very polite person with a large passion for instance running. Since im new to the game im not sure how the instances work exactly, but i would be happy simply leveling all the way to 50 from nothing but instance runs.

Im the type of player who you might randomly see sitting in the middle of nowhere just playing his lute. I once walked the entire length of a continent in another mmorpg we all know , alongside an enemy player. Together the 2 of us strolled off the edge of a cliff to our deaths saluting each other after a literal 2 hour ingame walk side by side with no other communication.

Thats the type of player i am.

Jaxgar.

Hi, I have two characters that are looking for a kinship. One is a human burglar (23) named Sember. The other is an elf guardian (16) named Sarafay. I'll most likely be on Sarafay, at least for the time being.

Basically what I'm looking for is a kinship comprised of mature players with an active kinship chat. I'm not concerned about getting the best gear or racing through my levels as fast as possible. I just want to enjoy my time online as much as possible with a good group of people whom I can talk to.

I'd prefer a medium roleplay guild where roleplay is not required in kinship chat. I like attending roleplay events as well. My work schedule is crazy, so I'm on at all hours of the day/night.

If anyone is part of a kinship they think would fit me, just contact Sarafay in game, as I rarely check out these forums.

Thanks much!

My RL Age:16
    In-Game Name: Thranduill
    In-Game Level: 15 Elf Hunter
    Roleplaying: medium to heavy

Playtime: I play a good amount. I play daily for a few hours

Prefferences:I just want to have a guild that does a little rp as they quest.

Guild Experiance:I have been in many end game guilds in wow. Having 5 lvl 70's. I have been through Bwl and halfway through Nax as well as Kara and SSC. These are the end game guilds for 60 and then 70.

Last edited by Thranduil54; Jun 28 2007 at 11:07 AM.
    Thranduill of Mirkwood-- Hunter

Post Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

Greetings my brothers and sisters

My RL Age: 24 (married)
    In-Game Name: Shrain
    In-Game Level: 10 (Dwarf Guardian)
    Roleplaying: medium to heavy (100% IC guild chat if possible)

Playtime: Unfortunatelly due to working a lot these days and also starting out a new community RP site and being married causes my play time lately to be fairly small. But i still play about 8 to 15 hours a week. during the winter, I'll be playing twice that.

Prefferences: I am laid back and really just play to have fun and Quest with others or solo and relax. But i also do like the occasionnal raids and also i do preffer an IC environment due to the fact that when i play i wish to forget about real life for a bit.

Guild Experiance: ok long story short; I use to be a guild leader for over 5 years. last guild i had was a heavy RP guild (with some raiding) of over 130 members (not counting alts). that last guild ran for about 1.5 year and was in WoW. Anyways, i am completly retired of Guild leading, had enough of it and really dont have time for it. Which also brings to another thing; I dont think i ever want to become an officer or such either again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001746de/01000/signature.png]Solthas[/charsig]

Hello,
    I am currently looking for a RP kinship, particularly one that has a strict policy regarding kinship chat being in character. I play most nights, and weekends. I have 2 characters, a captain and a burglar which are lvls 24 and 32.

Curious if there are any RP kinships out there that keep kinship chat 100% in character.

Thanks

Both me and my fiance are looking for a nice kinship to join, we are on most nights, around 11-3 eastern time, and are light rpers. We enjoy humor, and help if we can get it on quests we cant do just ourselves, but are not powerlevelers, nor critical of other players.
    We are just looking for people who enjoy the game, and we can talk to about quests, items, craftings, reallife stuff, or rp with : )

my charactor is : Graywulfe
    Origin - Rohan
    class - Captain
    Level(as of this post) - 13

Hers : Eothryst
    origin - Rohan
    class - Hunter
    Level - 13

any other questions and we can answer them no problem, please only IM graywulfe, or email me.

thank you - Kefka
    Graywulfe - "I'm a leader of men, not of destiny!"

Name: Linolas of Lindon
    In-Game Level: 12
    Class: Guardian
    Race: Elf
    Profession: Armourer
    Roleplaying Status: light to heavy

I’m a transfer recipient from WoW, which I played for a year. huge fan of LOTR, Im a uni student who plays from 10-20 hours a week, im currently on holidays so I have a lot time on my hands now.

Gamestyle: love RP! Reckon it’s vital to LOTR. Hate nonRP that don’t understand and criticise RP. Looking for kinship that enjoys RPing but also goes on quests (65%-RP/35%Questing). Prefer to be as a group rather than solo(70%-Group/30%-solo). Love to chat about characters and storylines as well as playing music and dancing. Outgoing, great listener and friendly, take pleasure in helping lower lvl kinship members and newbies. Laying to risk death to protect kinship.

Thanks to those who saw this post - I found myself a new little home.
    Last edited by akiira_aleeann; Jun 29 2007 at 12:50 PM. Reason: found a guild. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Avior View Post
    Hi, I have two characters that are looking for a kinship. One is a human burglar (23) named Sember. The other is an elf guardian (16) named Sarafay. I'll most likely be on Sarafay, at least for the time being.

Basically what I'm looking for is a kinship comprised of mature players with an active kinship chat. I'm not concerned about getting the best gear or racing through my levels as fast as possible. I just want to enjoy my time online as much as possible with a good group of people whom I can talk to.

I'd prefer a medium roleplay guild where roleplay is not required in kinship chat. I like attending roleplay events as well. My work schedule is crazy, so I'm on at all hours of the day/night.

If anyone is part of a kinship they think would fit me, just contact Sarafay in game, as I rarely check out these forums.

Thanks much!
    Unfortunately, I don't get a ton of play time so when I am in game I prefer to play. I rarely spend time on admin stuff like recruiting when I am in game. I much prefer message board PM's and the like for such things, since I can take care of them during breaks from work, etc.

So if you don't come back and read your PM's you're not likely to hear from me.

Timko
    Timko Barleycorn, Hobbit Burglar

Member of Pillagers of Pipeweed, Landroval Server

Ingame name: Syriuthir
    Race: Man (Gondor)
    Class: Captain
    Level: 14

Playtimes: I'm EST mostly but I play alot during the day time from like 9am est till 5pm est (on my days off which I get alot of, 7 out of every 14 days) with occasional (maybe 3 times a week) in the evenings till maybe 10pm est...depending on work schedule and such...I have found that my day time play lends well to Euro prime time, but my evening play times would be more suitable I guess to east coast US times...I definately don't play every day...work prohibits that...

Backround: Work in progress, still getting a feel of things to be honest.

MMO Backround: Eq from 2000 till nov 2004 (mostly on FV/RP Server, but also quite a bit of time spent on Sullon Zek Pvp deity server), EQ2 from Nov 2004 till present (AB/RP server nov 2004 till Feb 2006 when pvp launched then moved to Venekor pvp/rp server till present).

What am I looking for? Hmm good question...Heavy RP, staying in character as much as possible, some raiding maybe 1 or 2 times per week (eventually, I'm still a newb)...Nice people, adults please, non leet speaking dudes please!!!

Sy
    Last edited by SyriusSilverblade; Jun 30 2007 at 07:21 AM.

Thank you for the PMs in response to this post. I am looking at several good Kinships now
    Last edited by Highbury; Jul 02 2007 at 06:12 PM.
    [b][font=arial][color=darkred]Bleddyn ~ Rank 2 Stalker[/b][/color][/font]

Ingame name: Romai
    RL Age: 20
    Race: Man
    Class: Captain
    Level: 20

Playtimes: During the day and late at night, usually.

MMO Backround: Star Wars Galaxies for a year, back before it sucked. The Matrix Online for two months. A million other MMOs, in between, for a few days each. I was in LotRO's beta from the beginning, though. Played all the way to the end, needed a break, and I just came back about a week ago.

I don't normally RP, but I'm not opposed to it.

Characters: Cath (Captain, Woman, Level 17) and Ethidrian (Lore-Master, Elf, Level 14)

Background: I'm fairly new to LotRO, so I'm still learning my way around. Recently, I've been fellowing quite a bit, so I'm also starting to learn the role of my characters' classes in groups. Definitely more to learn there. The only other online game I've played for any length of time is Guild Wars. However, I've been playing computer games for years (mainly single-player RPGs).

Looking for: A kinship that values respect and fun. I play quite a lot, but I don't consider myself "hardcore". I like to experience the world and take things slow. I'm the sort of player that wants to do every quest and poke into every corner. I enjoy playing with folks who are out to have fun and who respect each other.

RP Level: I don't mind RP at all, but since I'm not too familiar with Tolkien--I came to LotRO because I like RPGs--I don't know if I'd fit in well with anything but a none or light RP kinship. Medium would be okay if members are expected to RP, but not expected to be familiar with Tolkien's lore.

What I don't want: A kinship focussed on raiding and/or power-levelling. I respect players who enjoy those aspects of the game--I'm just not one of them.

Playing Times: I'm in EST timezone. I usually login every day. During the week, I'm on in the evenings. On the weekends, I'm off and on quite a bit.

If I sound like a good fit for your kinship, you can PM me here or send my characters a letter in-game. Perhaps we can meet at one of the local watering holes and chat over a mug of ale.

I have found a kinship. Thanks for looking, though!
    Last edited by Callagan111; Jul 08 2007 at 08:11 PM.
    Maclouded
    Level 17 Mistrel
    Landroval
    Invented when I had too much time on my hands.

Talking Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

Ingame name: Kharthas
    RL Age: 29
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Hunter
    Level: 15

Playtimes: Scattered evenings throughout the week (CST) and during thew day on weekends.

MMO Background: UO, NWN (if that counts), WoW.

RP Preference: Medium to heavy.

What I'm looking for: Ideally I'd like an all-dwarf medium+ RP guild because it would suit my character the best. I'm not a power leveler or a full time gamer (full time job + full-time musician = a few hours during the week and weekend afternoons) and I enjoy logging in and RPing as much as I enjoy the game content. I am easy to get along with and would enjoy a kin that is mature but doesn't take themselves too seriously (at least in Kin chat).

My character background can be found in the second post of this thread:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=74779

Being fairly new to the game, (slightly over a week), I'm not expecting a ton of folk wanting me to join their ranks, though that would make my day. =P

Age - 24
    Name - Thalamir
    Race/Class - Man, Champion
    Level - 12
    Role playing - I have never really role played, but I have always wanted too. I enjoy feeling as though I am the character, and am in the world. So I would prefer a Kinship that is med-heavy, but also willing to give someone new time to adapt to the whole role play experience.

Play time - I usually get on after work nearly everyday, (evening hours), and a lot on weekends.

I'm not looking for a large Kinship that has so many people that it would prove hard to get to know them. I prefer a smaller Kinship where I can befriend others, and feel like part of the family.

Hopefully someone would like me to join them, if so, please let me know.

Character- Cenhere, Human Captain, level 18 (but with all the time I've got on my hands, he's going up fast)
    Roleplaying- None to little, though I'd be okay with some in game as long as the kinship chat isn't.
    Playtime- I'm a college student on summer break, so from now until the end of August I've got tons of time, especially in the afternoon evening, I've been playing a few hours each day (CST).
    MMO Background- None, I've played a lot of every other kind of game, but MMO's never appealed to me until I saw this come out.
    Looking for- Any size kinship, as long as it has plenty of active players, who enjoy fellowship play.

Orov
    Current Level: 8 and moving up quickly
    RP Status: Mid-Heavy RP
    Human Guardian of Gondor
    I am looking for a Kinship with members I can group with at these lower levels and with people that can offer guidance since I just bought the game about 6 hours ago. Send me a tell in game or send me a PM here if you believe your kinship offers what I seek.

Hello! I just started playing LOTRO a week or so ago, and I love it. I had tried WoW but couldn't get into it, and I've also played FFXI, but it's nice to be in an environment where the majority of people are just starting out. To that end, I'd love to find a kinship to be more social and start meeting people, now that I have the basics (somewhat) down. Here are my stats:

In game name: Leiya
    Class: Hunter
    Race: Elf
    Level: 15
    Time zone: EST
    Frequency: Variable. When home, I play 4-5 nights a week for several hours at a stretch. I do travel for work at least once a month for 3-4 days and am unavailable then.
    RP: I think I'd prefer light to moderate RP. I was (ok, still am) in an RP shell on FFXI, but I'd really love to build up a history for my character here, and perhaps create or interact with some interesting storylines with other players.
    Playstyle: Well, obviously RP is important to me. Likewise, I am not the person who tries to level fastest in the game, or wants to grind every day. I'm willing to work, and would really like to get to high level content, particularly the stories, but I'm in no rush to get there.

Please send me a PM here, or a /tell in game. Thanks!

Play time Hours: 2:00pm CDT - 3:00am CDT daily (13 hrs)
    Gaming Background: Veteran player of many MMO's (but never WoW) and single player RPG's. Consider myself to be a student of the game as well as a player. Developed many mods for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

LOTRO Characters4) Characters that are each played almost daily depending on the needs of others and which one fits my mood for the day. No neglected vocations on any character and several working on GM and Master tier.

50 Champion/Armorer (GM Prospector)
    39 Hunter/Woodsman
    21 Minstrel/Weaponsmith
    13 Captain/Tinkerer

Looking for: a kinship of mature, dedicated players where I can find members for fellowship almost around the clock and who can accept all of my characters.

Reason for leaving current kinship: Was with my current kinship from day one. But having played with the same group of fine folks through several MMO's, I grow tired of watching them stop playing a game - again - due to Gaming ADD. I really love these guys, they are my friends, but it's almost impossible to play together when they're never online.

Note: I do not use ventrilo or teamspeak.

Contact: PM with character name that I can contact in-game. Thanks.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast