We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

I found a kin. Thank you for all of the PMs.
    Last edited by Berund; Aug 20 2007 at 07:22 PM.

**Note that I have now found an excellent Kinship. Thanks for all the responses!!**

Character-
    Dwaloin, Protector of the Shire
    Dwarf Minstrel
    Master Expert Prospector
    Level 33

Player-
    Don
    Age 39

RP-
    I like to roleplay, but I am happy to "go with the flow" as well. I find that I tend to RP when I originally meet people, and then RP in specific scenarios as we move along, but a lot of times, RP can get left behind as we get into the heat of the situations/battles/quests. I am happy to play no matter the roleplay style.

Gaming-
    My first true MMO was WoW. Played that for about 2 years, however, could not resist the call of Tolkien's Universe. I am not disappointed with what I have seen. I enjoy playing in group content, but sometimes I like to solo as well. Just depends what is going on, I guess. I would say, however, that playing in groups is my favourite thing to do with my Minstrel character.

Playtime-
    I am EST, mostly play on Tuesdays and Thursday nights. I also jump in and out of game during the day and the evenings as time and family permit. If I am in game other than Tuesdays and Thusrdays, it is generally after 10:00-10:30pm EST.
    Last edited by Adaram; Oct 01 2007 at 11:41 PM.

Red face Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

Name: Neruborin
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Guardian
    Level: 36
    Currently questing: North downs and Trollshaws

Well, I have been searching sometime but I can't seem to find a kinship that fits my playstyle so far. I am a Light-roleplayer but I don't mind engaging into some in depth role play. I just usally am not around people who do. I like to have fun in the game but not at anothers expense. I play quite often so you can usually find me. If you are interested in having me don't be shy and send me a tell or PM. I don't bite, only wargs do.

I also play Monster Play quite often as my Black Arrow Zenix, Rank 3.
    Last edited by fentual; Aug 08 2007 at 06:01 PM.

Talking Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

I have currently found a good kinship
    Last edited by armathelia; Aug 09 2007 at 02:20 PM.

NAME: Eofred
    CURRENT TITLE: 'of Rohan'
    LEVEL: Human Captain, 40.6
    RL AGE: 38
    RP STATUS: None to Medium (Depends on who I am with, and the time I have to play)
    PLAY STYLE: I'm a long time gamer. Been online playing things from multiplayer hacked Rogue/NetHack variants to MUD/MUSE/MUSH/MOO/M*'s. I've built games, admin'd them, and just been a consumer. Decidedly more of the latter these days. I'm Married, and have time restrictions, so generally only play weeknights (Sunday - Thursday) for a few hours at a time given the chance.

I consider myself a Questing/Achiever/Explorer. I tend to want to do every possible quest I can find. Unless they have back-filled some content I've done every quest in Bree, the Shire, Ered Luin, The Lone Lands, most of the quests in North Downs and Evendim though I am back in the Downs working on some content I skipped when I detoured into Evendim (Need to start work on Fornost too). I generally Solo, or work in PUG's. I like grouping, but find that with my time for play often limited I do not feel up to the task of spending a goodly portion of my time trying to find a group and so set off to do what I can alone.

My limited time likewise affects how much I RP. I prefer to play on RP servers because of the perceived maturity of the crowd, and I will generally have a RP appropriate name and a back-story for myself, but find that I tend to be more 'business-like' when I am grouping. If I choose to 'say' anything in game, I generally try to make it 'in character' but I slip in /fellowship chat as I tend to view that as an opportunity to share information, make a joke, build camaraderie and I don't want to be too serious and make everything all 'drama' RP.

My RP Philosophy is, 'Don't be an attention *****'. With my many many years (approaching 19) playing online games, with a considerable amount of time spent in co-operative fiction type MUSH environments, I established strong opinions about RP. I see things as being shared fiction, and your RP opportunities should have hooks for people to latch onto and join in, but should not be forced upon them. I despise when people make grand/elaborate dramas and world affecting events and then try to make others conform to their RP. I tend to refer to it as masturbatory or narcissistic RP and believe that its disruptive and annoying because its focused only on the interests of the enactor and their desire to 'write fiction' for their character. I believe this has a better place in fan fiction, then in co-operative RP.. but that's just my bias.

I believe that essentially only those things that can be directly attributed to your character are 'RP' territory. So /say, /emote, /yell when the command exists.. etc are RP. I believe /tells (unless preceded with an /emoted 'x whispers to y') and /regional and various other broad communication tools are just that, communication tools to facilitate a game, and not a place for RP and shouldn't be enforced/bitched about/etc.. If you don't like what you see, just ignore it.

I believe I would feel most at home with casual but serious players. People who have lives and families outside of the game, and understand that this is just an enjoyment we share, and not some sort of way to derive a sense of self worth by what accomplishments they make in a game. That said, I still would like to engage more in Instances/RAIDs etc.. but just not to the extent of everything is scheduled, daily raids, enforced use of voice chat, etc. I believe kinship organisation should be based on the principal that these are just people you play with regularly, whose company you enjoy, and officers serve at the will of the whole. I'm not much for strict regimentation and chains of command as again.. I see this as an entertainment, not a lifestyle.

I've chosen to be a Rohirrim, and so think I would most like a Kinship that at least has a few other of my countrymen though its not a necessity. I've little bias against the other races, though an occasional jest might be made at their expense. No worries though I understand that I smell of horses and will not mind comments made to that effect. Good humour is welcome.

As a Captain, I believe I offer a lot to a fellowship, in that we serve to make others better. I'm still working on my crafting (but rarely and idly as I find crafting in most games too much a 'real life simulator' and I already have a job) and I am an Explorer, who is also working on their tailoring. I believe I have mastered Expert level, in Prospecting and Forestry, and am mid levels as a Tailor.

Thanks,

Eofred

PS - I typo liberally.

I've been playing LOTRO for only a month or so now but I would like to find a stable group of players to join up with.

I'm an experienced MMORPGer, I play evenings during the week and am fairly flexible on the weekends.

Seeking: Light-Heavy RP, Questing, Events, possibly Raiding in the future, mature players who are primarily looking to enjoy the experience of the game.

Fink - 22 Dwarf Guardian

Name: Sidhrham Belaegas, Defender of the Halls
    Race: Man
    Level: 34
    Profession: Master Expert Prospector, Expert Metalsmith
    RP: Light to heavy

Sex: Male
    Playtime: Pretty much every weeknight from 8:00PM-1:00AM PST. Weekends vary, sometimes I play non-stop the whole weekend, sometimes I don't play at all.

I am an experienced player with previous raiding experience, I love RPing and questing with a good group of people and would write more, but I'm at work.

Note: I'm baked pretty well any time I'm playing, and I know some people don't like that, so please keep this in mind.

Post Gareth Daventry

Name: Gareth Daventry
    In-game level: 39
    Roleplaying status: I try to keep my experience real within the world, my situation and the company I am in. I have little patience for those who speak jibberish about things they have heard of from presumably outside this world and depend on those idols to get ahead in this world.
    Race: Not that it should matter, in my opinion, for I am open to all races be they elven, dwarvish or friendly hobbit, but I am Human.
    Class: Guardian. Nothing else interests me more than keeping my fellows, friends and family safe from harm. I would rather sacrifice myself than harm come to others.
    History: Gareth has a long history of striving to uphold the Virtues of this and other worlds only whispered of. All Virtues of interest to himself and those of others are kept in thought, word and deed, with a leaning towards what is right and lawful.

9. Aug 11 2007, 12:59 PM

Reason
    problem solved

Smile Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

Name:Speradan
    Level:30
    Roleplaying:Med-High
    Race:Man
    Class:Hunter

Would like a kinship whos focused on helping each other while making friends
    on our journys in Middle Earth

Contacyt me in game plz

Character: Brumblin Rumblebelly
    Race: Hobbit of the Fallohides
    Class: Minstrel (lvl 16)
    Profession: Yeoman (Mostly farming, just getting started)
    RP: Light - Moderate
    Time Zone: Central Standard Time
    Play Time: Varies (Morning, Afternoon, probably more Evenings)

RL: Male, over 30

I've been playing MMORPGs for 6 or 7 years now, almost always playing Healer/Support characters. Most guilds that I've been in have been role-playing (light-heavy). I'm not a real hard-core RPer, but I have put together a little bio and I've been trying to stay "hobbity" while playing. I read the books (even the Silmarillion) a long time ago and, more recently, saw the movies, so I have some catching up to do with the lore. My enjoyment of crafting varies with different games; haven't done too much here yet. I tend to enjoy it more when I can see it directily benefitting the guild or players I know. Recently, I've been particularly enjoying learning about the music system and trying out different ABC files, though my keyboard-playing skills leave, um... something to be desired.

I'm looking for a Moderate RP guild that likes questing, exploring, teaming up together and taking their time going through the game. I'm looking for a group of mature, helpful and funny people who are active on guild chat. I hope this makes sense, but some guilds just have an indefinable "generosity of spirit" about them with which I'm most comfortable. I'd also like to be able to just go off soloing for a while or hang out playing in the nearest tavern sometimes. I enjoy RPing through quests, taking my time reading the descriptions along the way. I also enjoy exploring just to see what's over the next hill. On the other hand I dislike power-leveling, l33t-speak, greedy players and running from mobtomobtomob like gnats-on-crack just to get a quest done. I don't do much PvP, but I'm willing to learn to help out the guild.

Well, with that coffetable-sized writeup out of the way, if you think I'd be a good fit with your kinship (got to get used to that term), send me a tell.

Thanks!

Name: Eldenlur
    Race: Man
    Class: Captain, lvl 24 currently

I love the game, one of my favorites I've ever played. I don't RP at all, but can tolerate a little bit in groups. I want to join a big, very active, and very helpful Kinship. I try to play everyday, for 30 min to an hour, and alot on weekend nights too.
    Last edited by boyscoutboy77; Aug 18 2007 at 08:35 AM.

I'm a medium to heavy role-player who has been playing online games for many years. The play style I enjoy most is maximum immersion and staying IC.

Because voice programs such as Ventrilo break my immersion, I'm looking for a role-play kinship in which most of the members prefer not to use a voice program. I also prefer a kinship where members prefer to mostly stay IC in kinship chat.

My character is a Level 22 Elf Champion who's passionate about her profession of scholar and historian.

If you are an officer of a medium to heavy role-playing kinship in which most of the members prefer not to use a voice program, please send me a PM.

Arloth
    Last edited by Arloth; Aug 19 2007 at 05:14 PM.

Cuggull, youthful elvish Loremaster twittering towards the early twenties.

Enjoys the sublime diversions of droll dialogues, diffident discourses, the dubious didactic and even the direct dialectic.

Casual player, based in Shanghai - so will tend to play odd hours. Historically considers the early years of Dark Age of Camelot on Guinevere the RP Server, one of the highlights of gaming - which has since this golden age been in steady decline. Does also fondly recall the commodore 64 and the Amiga as earlier ages of civilized glory.

Was a much beloved member of the guild, "The Wild Hunt", where guild chat was in character, even when the characters did nothing much more than open doors, pass about cookies, pelt with peanuts … go up and down stairs and generally pretend they were standing about in the local pub.

Intermittent leveler, really more of an adornment to a troupe rather than a flashing bulb on the Christmas tree, nevertheless one does not inquire as to the level of the star at the top of the tree, one merely notes how it "completes" the tree.

If upon reading this, one is irked by the tone - please don't hesitate to contact me as I can infuriate further upon request. Nevertheless no matter what your disposition, I'd be enthused to answer your probing questions about my character, whether for example I would leave the guild toilet seat up, or forget to close the cookie jar.

Mail messages are always responded to - particularly those that have jingling silver bits in the bottom of the envelope.

Cheers,
    Cuggull

Name: Enviriel
    Race: Elf
    Class: Hunter
    Level: 13 (at time of posting)
    RP: None to light (no experience, but willing to try it)
    Sex: Male

Hello, my name is Envi (nickname from previous MMOs), and I just started playing a few days ago. I've played two MMOs for more than a year, DAoC and WoW. I loved DAoC, but quit when most of the people I knew had moved on. I took a break from MMOs entirely for the past few months, but with all the extra time I'm going to have due to real life circumstances in the next few months, I decided to give this one a try. I played a little bit in the beta, and decided on this game (and server) based on the maturity I read about on the forums. It looks like a great community, and one that I would like to join.

I consider myself to be a mature and experienced gamer, that has played most of the spectrum from casual to hardcore in the past, and I am looking for a casual kinship to join now that I have gotten myself hooked on the game. Usually I prefer small, friendly, casual guilds, based on friendship more than anything else. I don't really have much of any roleplaying experience in the past, but I'm willing to try that out as long as everyone else is willing to break in a newbie to RPing.

As for playtime, it varies a lot for me, but you will probably find that I'm online a lot (at least for the next few months). Please PM me about your kinship, or holler at me in game!

Name: Moondragon
    Race: Human

1. Quality over Quantity: I prefer a few great players to a massive amount of moderate players.
    2. No Drama: Leave it outside the game. We all have lives, jobs, significant others, rl problems…whatever. The point is, there’s way too much drama outside the game to end up bringing it in the game and into a kinship
    3. Power-gamer? Nope...not I.
    4. Maturity. I prefer to be mature and considerate about most things. Also understand that this applies to humor. We’re all adults here…so if you can’t handle a blonde joke, baby joke, sexual jokes/innuendo…then I probably wouldn't fit in.
    5. Helpfulness. I like to help people out. Only makes sense that, sure you may be about 5-10 levels ahead of your fellow Kin, but if they ask for help with a certain quest that we all know is a pain…jump in there and give a hand. Am I going to take all my time to help people out? No…but a little help now and then is a good thing.
    6. Nagging/Stupidity/Beggers: There’s a difference between asking for help…and being a ***** about it. If you ask a question or are in need of help and I don't respond/can’t help…don’t be a ***** about it and complain all the time. Deal with it and move on. If your low on money to purchase your new uber-roxorz armor/weapon/whatever…don’t come begging to me….try farming. Think first. Simple philosphy, if you’re new to the world, try exploring it a little before you ask someone a question like…”how do I get hides?”
    7. Having Fun. Above all…I like to have fun. It’s a game…just a game. We’re here to have fun and enjoy Tolkiens world.

Overall, I'm intrested in good times in a relaxed Kinship and am on Pacific Standard Time. As a side note...I'm not much of a Ventrillo/TS user, but I'll gladly use the ingame voice when fellowed with Kinsman.

Oh...I'd also probably bring in one of my Alt's into the group to if thats ok. Hobbit Hunter or Human Captain...dunno which
    Moondragon of the Dale Lands
    Guardian of Man & Crafter of Fine Armor
    Servant of Meneldor & Landroval
    [color=red]Shredas Warg Stalker[/color]

Thumbs up Re: Post here if you can't find a Landroval Kinship

Character name: Ealryth
    RP Status: Medium to Heavy
    Race: Race of Man (Rohirrim represent!)
    Class: Burglar
    Level: 18

Play style: Still learning the ropes - I play probably one to two hours every couple of days, more on weekends. I level slowly; I am largely unconcerned with stat-maxing and scary acronyms, and prefer, whenever possible, to just play the darn game.

I'm new to in-game roleplaying, but it's something that I would like to explore. For this reason, I'm looking for a kinship that is at least slightly roleplay-oriented. If someone would be willing to teach me a little bit more about it, that would be even better. I'm currently re-reading the original trilogy (haven't picked them up since 3rd/4th grade, so they're not exactly fresh in my mind) and I'm going to work through the Silmarillion after that... not exactly a lore fiend, but I'm working on it.

I'm seventeen years old (rest assured, I'm well potty trained!) and in central time, usually online in the evening hours - my workload varies from day to day. I haven't used ventrilo/voice chat programs before, but if need I could download and try it; however, my computer isn't exactly bleeding-edge technology so I'm not sure it would be 100% willing to cooperate with multiple programs running.

Thanks.

I have found a very good Kinship that suits me well. Thanks to all who are concerned!
    Last edited by Zaros999; Sep 13 2007 at 04:49 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000041c4d/01008/signature.png]Dalagia[/charsig]

Main character:

Morbir (of the Wood-elves)
    Level 20 male elf hunter
    Explorer (journeyman tailor)
    Role-playing = light to medium (could do more)

Support Characters:

Burli (of the Iron Hills)
    Level 9 dwarf gaurdian
    Tinkerer (journeyman cook, jeweller)

Aldawyn (of Lothlorien)
    Level 10 female elf lore-master
    Historian (journeyman scholar, weaponsmith)

Slimfast (of the Fallohides)
    Level 9 male hobbit minstrel
    Woodsman (journeyman woodworker, expert farmer)

Valarwyn (of Rohan)
    Level 1 female champion
    (Planning on being an armorer)

Been mostly playing solo thus far. Got a hunter to lvl 23, then decided I wanted to restart and get to 20 without being defeated. Finally made it after a couple defeats at lvl 14. I'm feeling much more relaxed now and am interested in finding people to play with. If you can't find me in-game try this email, morbir@charter.net.

In-game name: Tharomir Darkhand
    In-game level: 15
    Race: Man of Gondor
    Class: Captain
    Crafting: Armsman
    Roleplay: Moderate to Heavy (RPed most of the time in SWG as Stormtrooper)
    PvP: Also Moderate to Heavy
    Gameplay Style: I usually quest until i get to the max level, with instances and fun rp events in there as well. I LOVE RP. I LOVE PVP. I LOVE RP IN MY PVP!! I'm in Pacific Time, and am on quite frequently all day. School is starting though, so it will be pushed to the afternoon mostly between 3:00PM and 10:00PM. I'm also a guy, age 17. Matured very over playing many mmorpg games (SWG, WOW, Silkroad). Would love to find a fun rp kinship. I don't check the forums often enough, so find me ingame and give me a tell or send me a mail ty.

In game name: Darodir
    Origin: Rivendell
    Level: 29
    Roleplay: Light to none, but i really want to learn
    My age: 16

Looking for a kinship that is supportive and co-operative. I play about5-7 hours a day and about 6 days a week. I love to quest with a group and i love to help whenever I can.

Name: Nelrandir
    Race: Elf of Mirkwood
    Class: Loremaster
    Level: 9 (just started today)
    RP: light

I like to do instances and fellowship quests and level up with friendly relaxed people who aren't all about leveling as fast as possible. Just started on the server and I am looking to get to know a nice group of people to play with. I have played many other mmo's uo, daoc, coh, wow. I was in a rp guild on daoc and enjoyed it so I can rp if need be. PM me on here or send me a tell in game. Thanks!

Name: Clothar
    Race: Human
    Level:50

Play style: raider, like to get into areas that can cause death and harm.. enjoy grouping to help others with their quests.

Looking for a kin that has members who play based on PST, i live in colorado so i get on about 10 pm MST or midnight est.. so its late to some kins..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000001238/01008/signature.png]Clothar[/charsig]

In game name: Artea
    Origin: Lorien
    Level: 14
    Roleplay: Medium RP. (I'd love to say heavy but I'm not completely aware of the lore, just have the inclination for it)
    My age: 28

I truly enjoy grouping with others, creating a loyal fellowship and taking on exciting challenges that we come across together. I've raided extensively in previous game and consider myself an experienced gamer. When it comes to raiding I would like to do that down the line once I get fully acquainted with the game. I don't mind playing in a RP environment and will participate (even though my lore isn't profound) as long as people enjoy playing the PVE part of the game (aka not being in RP events ALL the time and doing quests/instances).

MMO games you’ve played: World of Warcraft

In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: I'm a fun person to be around with, like to help others and I get good at what I do, fast! I participate to guild goals and find it important to be part of the solution, not part of the problem! I'm looking for a good kinship that I can be a part of and have them be there for me in my tasks as well.

What kind of kinship you are looking for : A place that is mature and family oriented and has respect for one another. A group that does all kinds of end game content and down the line I would also like to get in a kinship large enough that I can participate in raids. RP isn't mandatory but it is welcomed as long as it doesn't take away from end game content.

In game name: Duraphant
    Origin: Lorien
    Level: 16
    Roleplay: Medium to heavy RP. I'm still learning the lore though
    My age: 26

I love RP pretty much and have tried it on all the MMO's Ive played. This game is new to me and I havent yet seen anyone to RP with. I'm on Tokyo time but I am able to play on the weekends and early mornings.

MMO games you’ve played: World of Warcraft, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes/Villains, Lord of The Rings (duh lol)

In other words, why choose you and not another player. What do you offer kinships?: I'm a fun person to be around with, like to help others and I get good at what I do, fast! I participate to guild goals and find it important to be part of the solution, not part of the problem! I'm looking for a good kinship that I can be a part of and have them be there for me in my tasks as well.

What kind of kinship you are looking for : A place that is mature and family oriented and has respect for one another. A group that favors RP over everything else. RP is a definite must for me.

In game name:Rathsvith
    Race: Dwarf
    Class: Minstrel
    Origin: The Grey Mountains
    Level: 10
    Roleplay: Heavy
    My age: 36

I've been role playing in one medium or another for 20+ years and I enjoy it very much. I'm looking for a heavy RP Kinship that loves the LotR lore, is mature and is very active. Endgame is a target for me but like I tell everyone, it's the journey not the destination that counts. The kinship needs to have an indepth background of who/what/why it exsists. Too many times I've hooked up with a "RP" guild only to find out 90% of the members have no idea how the guild started "in-game". I offer the kinship multiple indepth characters with rich, interesting backgrounds(at least to me lol) and a player to help emerse yourself into Tolkiens world. Looking forward to hearing from the right kinship soon.

MMO's you have played:UO,AC,AC2,EQ,EQ2,SB,CoH ,CoV,AO,SWG,WoW,Vanguard,NWN,N WN2,Lineage2,Auto assault,Second Life
    Legolas,"A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night."

Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast