We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Few Questions: Turbine.Gameplay.Party

1.) If I am in a raid, is there a way to get information on which group member belongs to which 6-man-sub-group? For example if I have a 24 man raid and four groups of six players and I want to know if player X is in "group 3", how do I do this?

2.) Is there an Event which fires whenever the groups of a raid are rearranged? For example if the raid leader exchanges player X from "group 1" with player Y from "group 2"?

3.) How are party members indexed? It seems pretty random to me.

4.) The Event "Turbine.Gameplay.Party.Member Added" does not work if you are in a raid. It works if it's only a fellowship but does not in a raid. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Eruadarion; May 31 2016 at 01:42 PM.
    Eruadarion | Captain | on Gwaihir [EU-DE]
    www.avorthalier.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    1.) If I am in a raid, is there a way to get information on which group member belongs to which 6-man-sub-group? For example if I have a 24 man raid and four groups of six players and I want to know if player X is in "group 3", how do I do this?

2.) Is there an Event which fires whenever the groups of a raid are rearranged? For example if the raid leader exchanges player X from "group 1" with player Y from "group 2"?

3.) How are party members indexed? It seems pretty random to me.

4.) The Event "Turbine.Gameplay.Party.Member Added" does not work if you are in a raid. It works if it's only a fellowship but does not in a raid. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?
    I am not the best qualified to answer this as I'm a Retired System Administrator, not a programmer -- and the Lua system doesn't support Fortran and COBOL . . .
    Combat Analysis was just updated: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=881 It contains the following note:

Notes on the evolution of Turbine's LoTRO LUA
    Combat Analysis was developed at a time when LoTRO allowed your entire fellowships' combat statistics be shared with each member. This is not the case now, but in hopes that access to this information will be restored I am leaving the multiple character features in the code. So please be patient with the "All Character" and named Character selections as you traverse the data to be displayed selection items.
    Furthermore, it is my understanding that the developer who wrote the Lua system (which was a "spare-time project") is no longer involved with LOTRO. Which is to say -- the Lua interface has not been updated now in roughly two years, going on three.

The other point -- as best I have determined, using Draigoch as an example -- that 24-man raid is composed of four 6-man Fellowships.
    Each sub group does operate independently, with things like Fellowship Manoeuvres (Conjunctions) limited to each group of six.

Will any of that change with 18.2? We have no idea -- it has not hit Bullroarer yet.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)