We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Server: Arkenstone
    Kin: Deaths Bane

Last edited by Beltharas; Jul 05 2016 at 10:11 PM.

2. Jul 06 2016, 03:06 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Eruadarion View Post
    PM sent
    would you mind sending me that UI to? I really love it

Quote Originally Posted by jailwartho View Post
    would you mind sending me that UI to? I really love it
    Me too Also congrats to all the challenge completions!

how come this game is about stacking RKs in raids and fellowships? Isn't it pathetic class design, turbine?

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma's View Post
    how come this game is about stacking RKs in raids and fellowships? Isn't it pathetic class design, turbine?

This is the exact thing people were complaining about during BR/test server that has made it through to live server.

Tbh I have more respect for Polaris, Eru Echor or Order of the Biscuit on boss one for not more than 2 RK's and having a more balanced setup than 3/4 some other kins have. I mean, respect other kins have done it, but you can understand the annoyance of others.

Don't forget morale stacking... I mean, some have more morale than my tanking guardian... Just plain boring... Fortunately, it's summer time, and my kin hasn't enough people to raid during it. We shall see this raid back in september ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gardhik View Post
    Don't forget morale stacking... I mean, some have more morale than my tanking guardian... Just plain boring... Fortunately, it's summer time, and my kin hasn't enough people to raid during it. We shall see this raid back in september ^^
    There has been a group to do the first boss challenge with everyone under 31K morale apart from cappies and tanks on our server, but I 100% agree. I cannot see the mammoths being done challenge with a group below 30K morale :|

What happened to the days where you had to gear up on T1 to be able to tackle T2 - let alone T2C.

What a shame they didn't keep the old style of progression, it meant content lasted a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilksie View Post
    What happened to the days where you had to gear up on T1 to be able to tackle T2 - let alone T2C.

What a shame they didn't keep the old style of progression, it meant content lasted a lot longer.
    Game tolerances and class balance has to be much more tight to balance a raid like that.

Good job to all so far more posts please

Quote Originally Posted by Wilksie View Post

and update 18.0/ 18.1 was, with that instance cluster and new essences, the gear-up path I think.
    Server: Evernight

Main: Thrabath - Champion - Lvl 120; Thramhir - Minstrel - Lvl 116

I tell you why, because Turbine does not know Hunters are in a terrible spot dps wise these days, or they do know but simply do not care.
    same goes for burglars although slightly less..)

Quote Originally Posted by ElfenLight View Post
    I tell you why, because Turbine does not know Hunters are in a terrible spot dps wise these days, or they do know but simply do not care.
    same goes for burglars although slightly less..)
    I'd likely flip-flop the classes in your post. Burglars are still hindered by ongoing dps balance issues on top of being melee dps. Even if raw outputs were similar, the burg/anti-melee stigma is in full force. Raid leaders etc. will almost always prefer the safe ranged dps option, even if the net outcome is very much the same. I've worked tirelessly to break the trend on my burg, but the damage is done in the eyes of the other players. At this point, I will assume Turbine is working on fazing out classes to minimize resources needed to keep the game alive, starting with the burg. Next we will see some sort of Dev response that the new raid items are bound to account, so you should just run the content on one of the classes Turbine cares about and give it to your toon that is being fazed out.
    Last edited by Hurtful; Jul 06 2016 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorebane View Post
    This is the exact thing people were complaining about during BR/test server that has made it through to live server.

Tbh I have more respect for Polaris, Eru Echor or Order of the Biscuit on boss one for not more than 2 RK's and having a more balanced setup than 3/4 some other kins have. I mean, respect other kins have done it, but you can understand the annoyance of others.
    Even though you see that RO used 4 RK's, one of those RK's was not DPS but a healer. Our strat uses a 11 to 1, instead of 6 to 6, we also used a bear as a tank and also used a burg. I don't see where having 3 captains in a raid is what you call more balanced, but hey, to each kin, how ever you are beating this raid, keep up the good work, I am just happy to be raiding again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesm429 View Post
    Even though you see that RO used 4 RK's, one of those RK's was not DPS but a healer. Our strat uses a 11 to 1, instead of 6 to 6, we also used a bear as a tank and also used a burg. I don't see where having 3 captains in a raid is what you call more balanced, but hey, to each kin, how ever you are beating this raid, keep up the good work, I am just happy to be raiding again...
    I actually put my comment before your kin did it, and the others used 4 damage RKs <3

Server:Brandywine Chinese friends from different Kins

As long as turbine makes a boss a dps race players will stack the highest dps classes. I've long lobbied for buffs to burglars, beos hunters, lms and other classes to increase their dps, there was also some captain stacking. I'm just going to round the boss morale to 27m, but the basic strat (but not the only one) is 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 cpts, 1 lm and 5 dps. Those 5 dps need to split most of that 27m morale between themselves, that's 90,000 raid wide dps if you want to kill him in exactly 5 minutes. We did receive a decent buff to dps, but pre-patch the only classes that could achieve that to my knowledge were rks, wardens and some good red champs. The other seven classes might contribute a few million damage, but the bulk of this is coming from your dps classes. There's also a big incentive to get the fight done in less than 5 minutes so you can beat CM easier. Turbine basically balanced first boss morale levels around having 2-5 rks in the group. If they knocked a few million morale off the boss you could do it with 5 hunters.
    Lorebreaker, Hero of Legend r15 Elf RK
    /Smiter of Foes, Vanyar
    Foe of Morgoth Belegurth, Crosser of Roads
    Mender of Afflictions, Expositor of Words
    Pet Rock Owner, Quendi of Cuiviénen
    Exile 11/18/08

Kinship - |MI6|
    Server - Evernight
    Rakothas - T2CM

Last edited by Trampin; Jul 25 2016 at 12:00 PM.
    |MI6| - Evernight
    Hunter|R10 Guardian|R9 Champion|R7 Minstrel|R6 Burglar|R5 RK|R5 Reaver|R12 Warg|R9

MI6 is on Evernight since last post is abit slow and got no clue what server he plays on.

Kinship: Portal
    Server: Brandywine[US]

Vadokhar T2C

The Unbroken One T2

Kinship - Nightfalls
    Server - Gwaihir [EU-DE]
    Rakothas - T2CM

Last edited by Locumon; Jul 06 2016 at 05:40 PM.

Kinship: The Mellowship
    Server: Evernight

The Unbroken One T2

Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtara - Beorning | Ishtari - Rune Keeper | Ishtarel - Hunter
    Lunasa - Minstrel | Cabernetta - Guardian | Ishtaridas - Lore Master | + many more
    Eldar -> Evernight

Nazguls T2C

DE Belegaer Server First

Blackout raidalliance

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast