We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Updated Beorning Bug List

~ Beorning Bugs ~

Maintaining the bugs list as a separate thread, gone back over the list and removed some of the entries as they were fixed. This list should be valid since: 11/10/2022

The Hide:

The Claw:

The Roar:
    • The trait "Grimbeorn's Strength" states that Hearten will do increased healing to your mark of Grimbeorn target. This appears to be a meager ~1% bonus in practice.
    • A beorning getting disarmed removes any Mark of Beorn and Mark of Grimbeorn they cast. This is particularly annoying since Mark of Grimbeorn is tied to Cleanse cooldown reduction. Needs Testing

Skills:
    • Relentless maul is just weird, it can go through shields that make things invincible and can taunt untauntable enemies in blue.
    • Nature's mend functions like a skill that consumes wrath despite it not consuming wrath. e.g. It consumes the "Desperate Shouts" free heal despite the fact that this effect should only apply to wrath consuming skills.
    • Due to the skin-change aspect of Beorning having a ~1s internal CD it is possibly for the player to use Slash in Bear Form by queuing "Bear-Form" -> "Slash". This also results in a higher value Slash bleed due to the various Bear form damage mods. Same applies for Thrash in man-form.

Miscellaneous:
    • Bear form only scales off of main hand damage which means 2h weapons are a great deal more powerful than dual wielding.
    • Beornings don't appear to generate a proportionate amount of healing threat. Needs Testing

General Gripes About Playability:
    • Whilst not technically a bug Beorning warsteeds "Ride for ruin" needs wrath to stay active, since a Beorning will frequently hit 0 wrath in combat on warsteed (execute dumps all wrath) this buff is relatively painful to utilise.
    • Beorning stat derivations are weird and weaker than most other classes, Beornings has less BPE from stats compared to the other tanks and for some reason will gives evade.
    • Piercing Roar is a mastery debuff rather than a multiplicative debuff, mostly meaning the actual damage reduction value is closer to 5% than 40%. Same issue with Claw-swipe/slam. Not really a bug, but definitely misleading for most players.
    • Knockbacks interrupting maul makes it very difficult to do aoe damage on beornings in some areas.
    • Beorning is the only race without a kinship charter. Ironic because they're the only race that is truly kin.
    • Beorning racial traits are fairly weak compared to other races. (Defensive racial skill is one of the weakest of all, 10 minute fellowship buff is the most negligible stat, no avoidance racial traits, inability to wield swords further reduces avoidances, 1% disease resistance is completely irrelevant). Honey-cakes are nice though...I guess...
    • Beorning weapon choices are painfully limited whilst leveling. Since you rely on two-handers the inability to utilise swords or hammers make it very difficult to actually get a good weapon in the 10-50 range, LI's do solve this issue for the most part though.

*Values of outgoing damage debuff tested in Filikul versus Mighty Melee attack in Filikul:
    Skill Debuff on tooltip Damage taken Difference
    No debuffs - 1344 -
    Slam 10% 1325 1.4238%
    Piercing Roar 20% 1306 2.8679%
    40% 1267 5.8981%

Fixed Bugs:
    • "Slash" and "Claw Swipe" bleeds override one another.
    • "Animalistic" only applies in combat.
    • Using vicious claws on a target who has 2 "Bash" bleeds present will remove one of the bleeds and refresh the other instead of refreshing both. (Therefore reducing dps)
    • "In the face of" does not reliably work, this seems to be related to the TARGET being in combat. If the rez bugs while channeling instead of "Invalid target" you'll see the message "Target must not be in combat". This also happens when the target is selecting themselves while attempting to rez a bugged target. Generally occurs to DoT classes more than anyone else.
    • Bond of Trust blocks the passive incoming healing boost from Grimbeorns Spirit (One of the traits given for speccing yellow).
    • Cleanse crit buff will not be consumed by relentless maul healing.
    • Relentless Maul does not become free of wrath cost with the desperate shouts trait active.
    • Relentless maul will cancel when wrath starts getting low. This happens when hitting the 20 wrath threshold. (Seems to be that you have to hit 20 wrath exactly for it to occur, if you jump past 20 e.g. 21->18 it will not occur)
    • Melee attack skills still go through walls.
    • Sacrifice will only last for 12 seconds instead of the 20s it is supposed to work for.
    • Exiting bear form whilst channeling relentless maul will continue the channel for a few seconds.
    • Occasionally wrath stops decaying when out of combat, typically triggered by quickly moving between loading screens whilst gaining/losing wrath.
    • Beorning stops receiving stat-appropriate armour from level 75 onwards.
    • A few armour sets specifically for Beorning contain ICPR (The Orthanc armour sets are one such example)
    • Beornings healing does not appear to be enhanced by "Tactical Healing Rating" on LI's like other healers.
    Last edited by Joedangod; Oct 11 2022 at 12:23 PM.
    ~ Take the player, not the class ~

Could use confirmation on this from someone else if possible, but it seems Beornings start out with 50% less critical magnitude than other classes (at least for healing). A critical heal on a Beorning seems to be roughly 200% + whatever you get from critical magnitude compared to a non-critical heal. For other classes, this seems to be 250% + whatever they get from critical magnitude.

Much appreciated if someone could double-check that though. Be sure to use a skill that heals for a fixed value, not a range.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    • "In the face of" does not reliably work, this seems to be related to the TARGET being in combat. If the rez bugs while channeling instead of "Invalid target" you'll see the message "Target must not be in combat". This also happens when the target is selecting themselves while attempting to rez a bugged target. Generally occurs to DoT classes more than anyone else

Still looking to confirm/deny this bug, haven't noticed it fail over the last few weeks. If anyone has had it fail please comment.

*Values of outgoing damage debuff tested in Filikul versus Mighty Melee attack in Filikul:
    No debuffs - 1344 -
    Slam 10% 1325 1.4238%
    Piercing Roar 20% 1306 2.8679%
    40% 1267 5.8981%
    [/QUOTE]

Champion debuffs and some other classes debuffs work the same way. probably has something to do with the fact that the -melee dmg are subtracting from the mob's current mastery, which I assume is somewhere in the 200-400% range based on the tier. imo WAI

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    Champion debuffs and some other classes debuffs work the same way. probably has something to do with the fact that the -melee dmg are subtracting from the mob's current mastery, which I assume is somewhere in the 200-400% range based on the tier. imo WAI
    It's probably WAI but at the very least that chart highlights that these skills are not worth traiting in their current form.

I've quickly tested it with the Burglar's Trick: disable (-15% melee damage). One of these debuffs resulted in ~10% damage reduction and 2 of them turned out at ~12.5%. It seems to be correct that the actual damage reduction should be lower than what the tooltip says, however the reduction still seems to be lower than what it should be at. -30% on tooltip results in -12.5% for a Burglar, while -40% on tooltip results in -5.8% for a Beorning.

No debuffs - 1143 -
    Trick: Disable (x1) 15% 1032 10.2069%
    Trick: Disable (x2) 30% 1008 12.5523%

Rez is definitely still bugged.

Relentless Maul always causes me trouble when i try to use it, sometimes it works fine.

But quite often the skill just stops 1/2 way through, or a lag happens and the skill is used but never deployed in combat. Other times ill use it and my target will move slightly and ill take 1 step and it will cancel my Maul, especially when they get feared and i auto chase after them. I would prefer to be unmovable when using that skill, unless i move my character myself.

But i think the most annoying thing about it is that ill run into a mob group and use the skill but it will fire before i stop moving, so my skill is used while im in motion and it cancels right away. So i have to run to the mobs, sit for 2 seconds then i can safety use the skill without fear of wasting it.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK - Quad Core i5 3470 3.20GHz - 8Gb RAM - GTX 660 Ti 2GB (SLI) - Windows 10 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by GozmitJosh View Post
    Relentless Maul always causes me trouble when i try to use it, sometimes it works fine.

But quite often the skill just stops 1/2 way through, or a lag happens and the skill is used but never deployed in combat. Other times ill use it and my target will move slightly and ill take 1 step and it will cancel my Maul, especially when they get feared and i auto chase after them. I would prefer to be unmovable when using that skill, unless i move my character myself.

But i think the most annoying thing about it is that ill run into a mob group and use the skill but it will fire before i stop moving, so my skill is used while im in motion and it cancels right away. So i have to run to the mobs, sit for 2 seconds then i can safety use the skill without fear of wasting it.
    And when your knocked back or CC'd during Relentless maul. Wastes the skill entirely. So annoying. The Beorning is definitely not Combat state immune.

Maul is already listed as not being quite as Combat State Immune as one would like, however it canceling on movement/knockback doesn't really seem to be a bug. As far as I know all channeled skills work in the same fashion with movement/knockbacks canceling them. Neither movement nor knockbacks are actually combat states like fear/stun/knockdown so it's unlikely that this is a bug.

It is so annoying losing all that AoE dps when as soon as you start it you get knocked back. It's not a short channel duration and is melee range with a 30 second cooldown which makes it worse. A shorter channel time and shorter cooldown might help somewhat.

Other melee classes have instant AoE attacks, causing no problems. Even if CC,d their AoE skill is available on recovery, a beornings is not, it is wasted entirely. If a channel attack in melee doesn't work then it needs scrapping for something that does. Maybe just a quick rear up and crash down onto mobs. As it is, it is too easy to do zero dps with relentless maul.

it canceling on movement/knockback doesn't really seem to be a bug. As far as I know all channeled skills work in the same fashion with movement/knockbacks canceling them.
    True, which is why i dont see it as a bug, but i do see it as a very big annoyance with lag that happens to me, where my skill and wrath is wasted because my character moved a step once his feet were planted and the game caught up to where i am and i moved half an inch.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK - Quad Core i5 3470 3.20GHz - 8Gb RAM - GTX 660 Ti 2GB (SLI) - Windows 10 64-bit

Great list, a lot of effort went into documenting these bugs. I was actually thinking about making a list for the Guardians as well, to keep it all structured and detailed as you did.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

"The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

Realised a bunch of the bugs listed were more like complaints about playability so re-categorised them and added the maul complaints you guys had.

High elf reminded me that Beorning has some racial issues as well, edited post to reflect this. Worth noting for SSG when making high elf is that Beornings are unable to complete a quest in Enedwaith since it has race specific dialogue which Beornings were never made a part of. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que...aculous_Growth

Oddly enough, I completed that quest just today on my bear with no issues. Was not paying attention to any of the quest dialog, but the quest was completed.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneChaos View Post
    Oddly enough, I completed that quest just today on my bear with no issues. Was not paying attention to any of the quest dialog, but the quest was completed.
    Went to Enedwaith to check, can confirm the quest is there now. There quest bestowed is "A Giant!", which is the race of Men version. I'm assuming this is what High Elves will get too. No race-specific quest, but at least the quest chain isn't broken anymore.

Bah, serves me right for not checking after each individual dot update. :P

[*]Imbued weapon legacy Bee Swarm Critical Defence does not apply if the 6th yellow traitline bonus, Greater Swarm, is granted. In other words, no heal specced bear at cap can use this legacy.
    This bug was stealth fixed with the update today, hurrah!
    Having access to this strong critical defense debuff is great for a support role.
    I didn't notice any other bugs that were addressed, but didn't check too closely either - though I can confirm that disarm still wipes marks.

Incidentally, I had made a second beorning on a free to play account, and made sure not to unlock the troublesome traitline bonus in question - so I had the only healbar at cap with that imbued legacy active prior to today. 8P

EDIT: Oh, and Sacrifice still disappears after 12s instead of the 20s the tooltip claims. Pretty sure that was in the old bug list thread, but don't see it in this one?
    Last edited by Gremus; Mar 21 2017 at 07:51 PM.
    Gremblus, Seuer, Grinand Bearit, and various others of Arkenstone

Beornings don't appear to generate a proportionate amount of healing threat.
    Heals do not generate threat at all.
    When the first tick of heal from Conviction on a warden is enough, you can spam all day hearten and nature's mend without generating any threat, even in Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremus View Post
    EDIT: Oh, and Sacrifice still disappears after 12s instead of the 20s the tooltip claims. Pretty sure that was in the old bug list thread, but don't see it in this one?
    It was fixed for a while, guess that's over now.

It was fixed for a while, guess that's over now.
    Red line trait (enraging sacrifice) breaks it to my understanding. Which is shame since that would be nice to use on some situations. Just traiting blue I get full 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Red line trait (enraging sacrifice) breaks it to my understanding. Which is shame since that would be nice to use on some situations. Just traiting blue I get full 20s.
    Mine keeps expiring after 12s without traiting red.

Mine keeps expiring after 12s without traiting red.
    Strange. I have been running with beorning a lot as of late and mine stays active 20s (using custom plugins to track it and eye on target I sacrifice). By picking full In harm's way and All on the line. I invest a lot of points to blue when I tank because I don't have even close to maxed trait points and just pick improved hearten, sprint and healing bonus from yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Strange. I have been running with beorning a lot as of late and mine stays active 20s (using custom plugins to track it and eye on target I sacrifice). By picking full In harm's way and All on the line. I invest a lot of points to blue when I tank because I don't have even close to maxed trait points and just pick improved hearten, sprint and healing bonus from yellow.
    Tested a few different variations just now. Sacrifice was only lasting for 20 seconds if I didn't trait either the blue or red traits for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast