We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillianrial View Post
    It's ironic that after all these years, I was unbanned (IDK...?) so I could actually post this sad news. I am not going to put it in its own thread; as I have no idea who still plays or reads these forums. But I think for those who knew him, he would want you to know...

For those who remember Leekae - R13 champion and leader of Guardians of the Dagorlad since launch - I wanted to let you know that he passed away earlier this week and will be laid to rest today. He was the love of my life and died peacefully with loving family surrounding him.

Take care,
    Jaiyne

I'm a bit late, and never truly knew Leekae. Only spoke with him a few times in raids and such, but I do at least partially credit him for making me want to play a champion so many moons ago. Playing that class was by far the most fun I had in this game and if not for him beating up my baby reaver so many years ago I may never have started it.

My condolences for your loss, he seemed like a great person. And I hope your are doing well.
    -Tacky/Kilganon
    Kilganon R12 Champion/Galmielwing-r12 Warg/ Tacky R11 Mini(Retired/Defeated by grind)

It's ironic that after all these years, I was unbanned (IDK...?) so I could actually post this sad news. I am not going to put it in its own thread; as I have no idea who still plays or reads these forums. But I think for those who knew him, he would want you to know...

For those who remember Leekae - R13 champion and leader of Guardians of the Dagorlad since launch - I wanted to let you know that he passed away earlier this week and will be laid to rest today. He was the love of my life and died peacefully with loving family surrounding him.

Take care,
    Jaiyne
    I'm also late to the thread, but I'm so sorry for your loss. I overlapped yours and Leekae's playing time for a couple of years and remember both of you fondly. Me as a low rank watching Leekae wade out from EC fighting through a warg pack towards STAB is one of the memories emblazoned on my mind in this game. May he rest in peace and may you find comfort in knowing the positive impact he had on our little community.

- Hromgar

Old School

I've come across a few older vids of pvmp and I thought I would share.

Lee vs Gii https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN4olqVhoHM

Some Garnival stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXIfPhEjjjc&t=79s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrPTVCLfa0k

- Ternakh
    Last edited by Caliburnus; Oct 08 2019 at 02:11 AM.

Take care,
    Jaiyne
    I'm very sorry to hear that, Jaiyne. That is sad news.
    Venomous
    "Um...I wasn't alone! There were at least 47 wargs there with me. And they all had guns. That shot kittens. On fire..." ~MamaCass

It's been a year since Lee died and I just wanted to finally thank all of you who took time out of your days to remember him or to comment. Thank you so much especially for all the personal notes I received. I know he would smile to hear that at some point in time, in a video game of all places - that he meant something to you. Love him or "hate" him, Lee wore his heart on his sleeve (or his forum posts, anyway).

You may not know that Lee and I actually met in Lotro. The video that he put together years ago - "Through an Elf's Eyes" (Part I) actually documents the whole thing (in addition to his entire Moors experience up through his Rank 12 before he quit the game). We even had screenshots of the night we first "met" in a raid. I had never PVP'd before and Lee was the raid leader. I watch it sometimes but not too often. I'm so relieved I have a weird Internet record of how it all happened. I also love that after all these years I can still recognize people in the video by their gear, lol. Jimmycake, Ophelia, Wulfhen, Rahkyt, Dregun, Naveras, Budhorn, Swifteye, Dowhat, Nandir, Vinlassis, Echelon, Cel, and so many more. He loved this game and the Moors was really the only reason he played as long as he did.

I hope those of you who read this and remember us, are well, and enjoying this holiday season with loved ones. Lee did love this time of year - but mostly because of college football and chili making contests. He was pretty much in the holiday spirit all year round tbh. The truth is, he brought a million rays of light to my life. Literally until his last breath on earth. We miss him so much.

Love,
    Jaiyne
    [Retired 2012] ** R13 Minstrel ** Guardians of the Dagorlad ** Jaiyne <3

It's been a year since Lee died and I just wanted to finally thank all of you who took time out of your days to remember him or to comment. Thank you so much especially for all the personal notes I received. I know he would smile to hear that at some point in time, in a video game of all places - that he meant something to you. Love him or "hate" him, Lee wore his heart on his sleeve (or his forum posts, anyway).

You may not know that Lee and I actually met in Lotro. The video that he put together years ago - "Through an Elf's Eyes" (Part I) actually documents the whole thing (in addition to his entire Moors experience up through his Rank 12 before he quit the game). We even had screenshots of the night we first "met" in a raid. I had never PVP'd before and Lee was the raid leader. I watch it sometimes but not too often. I'm so relieved I have a weird Internet record of how it all happened. I also love that after all these years I can still recognize people in the video by their gear, lol. Jimmycake, Ophelia, Wulfhen, Rahkyt, Dregun, Naveras, Budhorn, Swifteye, Dowhat, Nandir, Vinlassis, Echelon, Cel, and so many more. He loved this game and the Moors was really the only reason he played as long as he did.

I hope those of you who read this and remember us, are well, and enjoying this holiday season with loved ones. Lee did love this time of year - but mostly because of college football and chili making contests. He was pretty much in the holiday spirit all year round tbh. The truth is, he brought a million rays of light to my life. Literally until his last breath on earth. We miss him so much.

Love,
    Jaiyne

Thanks for posting this. I watched the video and it was funny to think about getting so invested in an online game... when it was really the people we got invested in. I'm on my third PC since then and I kept all my screenshots. Going through them chronologically was really fun.

Some of my favs are just of my character loitering around in the 21st hall debating the proper dye for my cloak, or and accidental screenshot while grinding worms or crafting (or inspecting some other champion to make fun of their gear)
    ~Original Didnt~
    ((And Eoblod and Finothir and Denothir and Dinoth))
    "Double closed parentheses means serious"

Love,
    Jaiyne
    Hi Jaiyne. I randomly decided to poke around these forums for the first time in years, and I'm so sorry to hear about Leekae. We had some pretty great times Freepside and good fights in the Moors too. I'm really grateful to the two of you for letting me hang out with you Freepside since mostly I just ran around solo, and missed a lot of group content until I joined up with you.

Best wishes; I hope you're well. I have no idea if you'll see this; maybe I'll PM you too.
    Warluk/Teluilas

on-topic - so is this game any good these days? Tahwod you're back? How is it? Also Hi!
    [edit] also lol I saw Tahwod posted she was back like 2 years ago, so maybe back and gone again since
    Last edited by Warluk; Feb 27 2020 at 12:01 PM.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]Warluk - Warleader
    Teluilas - Warden
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Love,
    Jaiyne
    Thanks for the update Jaiyne. I hope you are well and moving forward in life. <3

We lucky few, who had the chance to meet Leekae and spend time with each other in Ettenmoors. We knew something was going to die when Leekae joined. It was an honor to lead, play, and serve with him and all those on Freepside, as well as against Creepside. I cherish those memories. Never forget. o7

Jimmycake
    been in moors too long... Jimmycake
    Better to be noticed by actions than words.
    Now Streaming via twitch @ https://www.twitch.tv/cow_tippin_mike

9. Apr 28 2020, 02:00 PM
    Reason
    old post

Unhappy

Love,
    Jaiyne
    It's been eons since I've checked these boards, and am so sad to read this news. Bashel/Shima and I are sorry for this loss and albeit late, send our condolences.

For as many angry moments he and I shared, when I look back, I'm glad to know there were countless more happy than bad in the end. He will be missed.
    Ophelia Darkfell
    Villain, Storm of the Valar
    Moinuk, BA

The more I read this thread, the more I wish how Ettenmoors used to be and hate that our family here has become so thin and fragile.

I am very sorry to hear Lee passed away and i would like to offer you my sincere condoleance. Lee was my first MMORPG raid leader, back in the day (2008 roughly) and i wont forget his *Target, target please (keyboard smashing key sound noise)* any time soon. I was Arakys (Minstrel) freepside and BioHazzard (Defiler) creepside, if you can remember. I was a QBC (Quebec Best Company) member back then.

Leekae tribute:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8AeV8Jbx6M&t

Im also glad to hear Ophy is still around, man, this chick was the Action/Drama queen like no other.

Godspeed to both of you, Ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Turyen View Post
    The more I read this thread, the more I wish how Ettenmoors used to be and hate that our family here has become so thin and fragile.

For Pouncival, Budhorn, Ophelia, Ryan, Minipied, Uthreadson, Jimmycake, Wilandria, Rashka, Luc, Eclipso ,Blacksparrow, Yargax, Warginator, Gobblemoss, Foy, Dagr, ChilliCheese, Fatherdamian, Leekae, Jaiyne and all the Landroval old guard....

Come on Landy old timers, Pouncival wont stand alone, ride out with him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UayQi2tdJTw , for Landroval, death and glory, one last time !!!

Screw the obsolete graphic, lag, Ranking, Infamy/Renown...old friends await. Gimli, blow that f***ing horn !!!

I want to hear a drunk JimmyCake and his funny stories
    I want to hear an non-stop talking Ophelia
    I want to hear an Alpha female Rashka leading
    I want to hear my gaming friends

Let this be the hour, when we draw swords together !!!
    Last edited by whitefox1313; Jul 25 2020 at 11:10 PM.

Chieftain Biohazaard - Rank 12 Defiler Landroval
    Arakys Warhym - Rank 7 Minstrel Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by whitefox1313 View Post
    [color=yellow]

For Pouncival, Budhorn, Ophelia, Ryan, Minipied, Uthreadson, Jimmycake, Wilandria, Rashka, Luc, Eclipso ,Blacksparrow, Yargax, Warginator, Gobblemoss, Foy, Dagr, ChilliCheese, Fatherdamian, Leekae, Jaiyne and all the Landroval old guard....

Come on Landy old timers, Pouncival wont stand alone
    Every eon or two I come back to these forums and see a reference to the old days and it makes me giggle and smile a bit. Heres to Eclipso and Blacksparrow and our 6 manning the entire Ettenmoors for multiple months. Here's the PvMP pre-Book12! Hope everyone is well.
    Ryan. Rank 8 Captain(Pre-Book12) Retired 1/29/08. RIP Fun PvMP
    I have given these matters long study. One by one, we have considered each possible theory. One by one, we have eliminated them all. We were left with what can only be the truth.
    Ryan is a half-orc. - The Spider Queen Gobblemoss

Love,
    Jaiyne
    Jaiyne,

I am sorry for your loss. I didn't know either of you very well but, you were both very nice to me. Especially considering all the drama surrounding me at the time.

Wishing you all the best in all that you do,

Father Damien.

Freeps: BrotherDamien: Warden 45\SisterDamien: Mini 21\Kgir: Guard 65\Charlemange Burglar 64
    Creeps: Stickshaker: Defiler\ Bladeswinger: Reaver\ Stickflinger: BA\ Warg??\Spider??

I still enjoy re-reading this. Its an honor to be remembered by those who were out there during that fresh and awesome time of the game. Where did the time go?
    That,Rashka girl;
    My UI causes people to make vomit noises.
    I murder people's well thought out names. I always master loot.
    I go into robot voice, a lot. So much so that now my Kinship and raiding team call me Navbot, the robot overlord.
    I love rp.
    I pvp to techno.

Does joining middle earth on September 24, 2010 count? see attachment

https://imgur.com/a/gjARX8l

[IMG]<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/gjARX8l" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/gjARX8l"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/IMG]

Hey, just wanted to say hi quickly to all of you guys. For whoever might remember me from... what is it now, 14 years ago? I use to play on the freep side Gildorian (Minstrel) and Moktarthewhite (a champion), and on the creep side Garbagebag (a healer, cant remember what those were called :P) and Rogerthedumpster (I wanna say, "reaver" is that what it was?).

Sad to see some of the bad news but hey I guess some sad stuff is bound to happen after all this time... Much love to you all all the way from France!

Quick note: I'm actually in the process of building my own game and was about to try and resinstall Lotro to get a feel for the PvMP stuff again, cause they did so many things right in that game. Loved that darn Moors action...

<3
    Here are the names of the main characters on which you may find me in-game : RogerTheDumpster, GarbageBag, MoktarTheWhite, Gildorian.

Love,
    Jaiyne

I know It's been over three years, but finding this out still hurts.

A shout out to all the Greats over the years.

~Karathyn
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes

Wow, really brings a smile to this ol' warg to see those familiar names. Hope you folks are doing well.
    Arctic Feathertail
    [Pouncing Pwny]
    R11 Warg

Old wargs die hard!!!

I'm starting my first days in University soon, and I've yet to believe how time has passed. I started playing this when I was just eleven or twelve, and surely ended up on loads of folks' block list due to spam. It's really been quite an experience to run about in-game and learn from people.
    It wasn't just the fighting, but also the downtime, chatting, learning about what was to come in life - Opinions, perspectives, beliefs...

I recall a day Hithdraug thought I'd be a decent raid leader, at least for a moment, and I was perpetually nervous as people left the raid. All I knew was to mash keys and pounce whatever moved, I was perplexed and in bliss in such a position.
    I recall the days the OOC chat would spend mocking Budhorn, Vinlassis, or anyone else who'd give us an excellent fight.

Online personas, but very real people - It can get hard to believe.
    My elder brother (Deoruil) was the one who introduced me to the game, he ran about the Moors in Lee's raids while I watched on the side questioning 'who's or 'why's. It's grave news to hear about Lee's passing.
    I was not acquainted. Regardless, I offer my sincerest condolences.

I sat on the side-lines most times, seeking to 'befriend' freeps and take them along on an adventure with me as Blackcrystal, and I sure had my own little world rolling as I sat on Candy Mountain, emoting at passer-by's and promptly getting murdered.
    It brings me joy to recall the details, as my first ever computer was fried, alongside all the screenshots.

I won't go on any more tangents...
    I play now once more, on the freeps' side on Evernight, just enjoying the quest lines and levelling up on my free time.
    Occasionally I log on to my warg on Landy and wish the Moors were as active as they were some eight years ago, with all names I could recognise. Having moved to a European time zone, I know I won't even see it at it's peak hours.

People in PvMP on Evernight can be quite harsh nowadays.

Wishing fortune to all, those I've met and those I've yet to meet.

- Blackcrystal
    BLACKCRYSTAL ; Stalker Rank 7, Landroval

Love,
    Jaiyne
    That's insane. And sad. Sorry for your loss. Appreciate the post though.

I still check in on the Moors every 6-12 months. Haven't been on the forums for years though. Always had fun and respect for you and Leekae. Play against him more, but ran with him a little on the creepside as Grish and on the freep side with my burg, Goddric. I still remember when you said that you moved in with Leekae and he bought you a new computer to play LOTRO. Never heard of that before. Two people meet in a MMO, move in together, than the guy buys the girl a computer that is better than his own. That always blew my mind that that could happen, lol.

I keep waiting for the game to end, so during that final week or 2, everybody comes back to the Moors and gives the game a proper send off. But the longer it goes, the more obvious is becomes that more and more of those people won't be there during that event.

Ran around the Moors for a bunch of hours the past week and to say it's dead is an understatement. I think a new expansion was just released though, which included a 10 level increase for freeps. So that probably has a lot to do with it.

-Darkrain
    Landroval first rank 6 Warleader. (Kren was the server first rank 5 WL)

PS. Ryan...a name long forgotten. No creeps were high enough to kill to him in the early days, lol. He'd run around with his god dam captain banner and endlessly heal himself while a pile of rank 3 and lower creeps would nip at his heals and do nothing. And his name was just ####ing...Ryan.
    Last edited by Pusher; Nov 13 2021 at 09:11 PM.
    Darkrain / Ghostdog / Bettyford
    Pouncing Pwny - Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Pusher View Post
    That's insane. And sad. Sorry for your loss. Appreciate the post though.

I still check in on the Moors every 6-12 months. Haven't been on the forums for years though. Always had fun and respect for you and Leekae. Play against him more, but ran with him a little on the creepside as Grish and on the freep side with my burg, Goddric. I still remember when you said that you moved in with Leekae and he bought you a new computer to play LOTRO. Never heard of that before. Two people meet in a MMO, move in together, than the guy buys the girl a computer that is better than his own. That always blew my mind that that could happen, lol.
    I know. Who knew it was possible to meet the love of my life in a video game? We lived together for many years before breaking up briefly and then getting back together for life. And ahemmmm, he moved in with me to start! Coming all the way to Boston, where we made our home. He hated the snow and cold at first but we had a happy life - just far too short. I keep the GotD kin house up to date on maintenance - and hope to keep it all until the game ends - in his memory. The grief is less sharp than it was the first couple of years, but he is never far from my thoughts - and it comes roaring back at the oddest times. Lotro used to make me too sad, but now I have been enjoying logging in and slowly leveling...remembering how we met all those years ago.

Hope you are well, Dark!

Love,
    Jaiyne
    Hugs to you dear lady. Not a day passes without me thinking of you and Leekae. Hard to believe how time has flown since his passing. I hope your holidays find your heart at ease, and may happiness always find you.

With Love
    Aedon (Pouncy)
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Darkrain / Ghostdog / Bettyford
    Pouncing Pwny - Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Pusher View Post
    Love this xo

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast