We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by SvenNiscadae View Post
    There's a CSS rule that's hiding it. But after looking at a couple other classes and their rules, that particular rule doesn't seem necessary since its parent class hides it when a user is logged in anyway.

But in the meantime, the login link is: https://www.lotro.com/en/auth/login
    Indeed:

body > #userbar a.login-link {
    display: none;}

I haven't dabbled in frontend in a long time so inheritance rules are a distant memory, could this specific rule override those of parent container class? Messy code or just a temporary hiccup? Link is missing for me both on Chrome and Firefox, clearing cache does nothing.

I tend to keep descriptions are jargon free as possible, people see it as a button, so that is what I call it.

I havent messed with web page functions since before FireFox existed, so I am not up on what does what these days; I think IE 6 was new the last time I created anything.

Anyway, Cordovan has posted an announcement, and web admin have a bug report, it is possible it was a browser update that didnt kick in until after a reboot, however generally speaking, FF updates work as soon as the browser has installed them and restarted itself.

The number of new posts over the last 48 hours seems to be down significantly, so it would appear a lot of people are having this issue, but havent seen the thread or figured out how to force the log in page to appear.

However, since the failure occurred at the same time the initial page load suddenly went from fairly fast to dog-slow, I am betting something has been done with the forum software that has buggered it up. It IS a fairly old and obsolete version, and probably has as much crud floating around in the coding as the game itself.

Somewhere in Irkutsk, a butterfly sneezed, and the "Log In" CSS link disappeared.

This issue still seems to be occurring.

I hope SSG is aware of it by now.

Happens to me a lot, I have to hit the "recycle" icon at the top of the screen.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Happens to me a lot, I have to hit the "recycle" icon at the top of the screen.
    Its the TLS handshake issue again; I only seem to get it on my one connection; but it is a PITA that ONLY seems to cause issues on LOTRO, every other website, anywhere in the world, responds quickly and reliably - except LOTRO

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    Its the TLS handshake issue again; I only seem to get it on my one connection; but it is a PITA that ONLY seems to cause issues on LOTRO, every other website, anywhere in the world, responds quickly and reliably - except LOTRO

Exact same scenario with me. It's gotta be a collaboration between Lex Luther and Sauron. There can be no other plausible explanation.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Exact same scenario with me. It's gotta be a collaboration between Lex Luther and Sauron. There can be no other plausible explanation.
    Cordo posted this link when everyone was having issues, I really must remember to forward it to the PC on the mobile connection; it does vastly speed up logging in, even if each and every page takes 2 minutes to TLS handshake before you can do anything.

https://www.lotro.com/en/auth/login

Thumbs up Same

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbro View Post
    I have having this issue this morning, tried refreshing to no avail, closed and re-opened browser.

Had to use a "Reply" button on the thread to force the log in screen to appear.

I have PM'd Cordovan, but there is no link to the Web Admin to report issues.

After days of reasonable speed, this morning the forum server is dog slow at loading the home screen, over 30 seconds for the initial load - I could see it responding to each TLS handshake, it was THAT slow.

Yep, this has been happening for me as well, for many moons now. Crazy. I can't find the log in button it isn't appearing and it seems this forum and the website are being poorly maintained. Even issues that used to take no time to solve with the launcher are now chaos. Nobody knows what they are doing methinks. They are confused about my system stats to say the least of my problems logging into game itself. UGH. Good luck!! Thanks for the reply button idea, that worked at least. lol
    Not all those who wander are lost ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Log In link is missing when you access forums as https://lotro.com/forums/forums.php. When you access as https://www.lotro.com/forums/forums.php, it works properly.
    Log In link is also missing when you go to forums from lotro.com main page by clicking appropriate button on the menu, although the link includes www. In this scenario, Log In link appears after refresh.

Must be a routing problem.
    Last edited by ENDrain; Oct 03 2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Kelewon, Brandywine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2