We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Budhorn - Rest in Peace

I have just been informed by Uht that Budhorn passed away due to heart failure. His raspy voice will be missed.
    Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar

I will remember him. We were at odds quite often out there many moons ago, but I hope his many years of LOTRO weren't all geting frustrated with the other side.

Would anyone be interested in an Honorary March on the Creepside? I know that it may not work because not everyone in the moors would participate, but I've long ago stopped caring if I live or die out there.

We could meet at Grams and walk to spots where we have stories to share about Budhorn as we walk towards GV. Post here with your thoughts on time if you were an old timer opponent of Budhorn and wish to show your respect for him via a march. (I would organize it freepside, but (a) I never grouped with him more than a few times on that side and (b) it wouldn't make it far before being stalked and disrespected given the state of the moors as I see it.)

Rest in peace, Budhorn!
    Adarin Ouest of There and Back Again
    Thradin Stoneshield of Baruk Khazad

My good friend, my heroic foe, my favorite nom. I will miss you Budhorn, as I missed hearing your voice when I went creepside. Rest well my friend.
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

RIP Budhorn. I hope you enjoyed your time here as much as any of us who played with you in our little sandbox.
    Shyma, formerly Shima
    Bashel

via Imgflip Meme Generator

We will spar again in the great battle fields beyond.
    Pouncival Azbiter- Plucky Comic Relief of the Ettenmoors-
    The Warg of The Dance
    DO Not Meddle in the Affairs of Wargs
    For you are crunchy, and taste good with bacon.

How did Uht find out he died? Do they know each other in real life?

Rest In Peace

Wow... This is hard to deal with, finding out Budhorn has passed away.

We spent so many nights before and after raiding.. discussing the events and just figuring out how to unwind after tense battles in the moors. and of course paying for budhorns repair bills which he did pay me back later after they patched out repair bills!

When Mascius went awol and left his moors guild at the beginning, Budhorn and I were the only members left and we really enjoyed it. I forget now the name of that guild! *edit: Legionnaires

Seeing Budhorn hit Rank 6 all the way through rank 12-13. It has been an honor to have been a part of his life.

I can't think of anyone who was more dedicated to playing in the moors.. year after year he would persist, from 2007 onward... It feels like a lifetime ago.

He always would be passionate in his rally against the enemy, but never with evil intent. I wish more people could have seen his attitude! Truly a gem in the moors.

Words can't describe the loss now, this world will never know of the tales of Budhorn.

I miss you Budhorn.
    Rest in peace friend.

Jimmycake
    Last edited by mike3433; Feb 06 2018 at 07:21 PM.
    been in moors too long... Jimmycake
    Better to be noticed by actions than words.
    Now Streaming via twitch @ https://www.twitch.tv/cow_tippin_mike

Quote Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
    How did Uht find out he died? Do they know each other in real life?
    I'm not sure. He did talk to him on the phone every few months, but it was another person that informed him. The Gank Squad will remember him!!
    Alaster
    Sune
    Sinstar
    Sinistar

Sad news whether you liked or disliked the guy. He was definitely a member of our moors community a part of the "establishment", and iirc the first rank 15 on our server. He always seemed like a regular dude.

Anyways, RIP Budhorn. Thoughts and regards to is family IRL.

- Eoblod/Didnt
    ~Original Didnt~
    ((And Eoblod and Finothir and Denothir and Dinoth))
    "Double closed parentheses means serious"

"For every creep you see theres 2 wargs!"

R.I.P. Bud, Happy Hunting you were the best man!

Mortem Tyrannis

It's been years.......

I got the word today from Will, that Budhorn had passed. I had to drop by and say farewell and RIP to one of the Moor's greats. There are certain folks in this game that have such an impact on you, you'll never forget them.
    It's easy to understand, if you ever spent anytime with the guy, why he was one of those personalities. One of the only guys at the time who would actually invite a no rank lowbie in his raid to play along side the best. Some didn't care for that about him. Others such as myself thanked him many times for giving us the opportunity to learn, without being called a variety of names. The only reason I started to lead raids was because at the end of the night, when Budhorn was leaving, he'd drop a few words of encouragement and then drop the lead on me.
    The last day I played with Budhorn, was the last day I played as a Freep out here, joined the dark-side...never returned.
    Thanks for the great fun and the good old days. I've missed hearing your voice for the last several years.....May your loved ones be comforted... RIP BUD....

--Vinlassis
    —Chilicheese
    Last edited by surfsurf62; Feb 07 2018 at 06:23 AM.

Yeah this definitely feels like losing a close friend...Budhorn will forever be associated with my memory of this game.

I'm proud and happy to say that Creeps will still fall under his name and he will still be represented on the battlefield in Arkenstone. ( I still lead raids a few times a month over there if you're looking for action).

Rest in peace friend.

Foy Lee son of Budhorn- Rank 13.5 Guardian
    Landroval->Arkenstone
    The Adventure PvMP Movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZPrYZ_ap_s

Quote Originally Posted by jebus5434 View Post
    Yeah this definitely feels like losing a close friend...Budhorn will forever be associated with my memory of this game.

I'm proud and happy to say that Creeps will still fall under his name and he will still be represented on the battlefield in Arkenstone. ( I still lead raids a few times a month over there if you're looking for action).

Rest in peace friend.

Great Screenshot Foy. Anyone happen to have a few old screenshots of Budhorn?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedon View Post
    Great Screenshot Foy. Anyone happen to have a few old screenshots of Budhorn?
    I know he's in the pvp video I made a couple of times. Can watch it in my sig
    Foy Lee son of Budhorn- Rank 13.5 Guardian
    Landroval->Arkenstone
    The Adventure PvMP Movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZPrYZ_ap_s

Rest in peace ol mate, you are missed.
    Have you had yours today?
    Arenuil, Arenthelion, Arenthelias, Arenthalion, Eoshaun, Frieson, Atsushi, Ariyaa, Yukei.

Quote Originally Posted by jebus5434 View Post
    I know he's in the pvp video I made a couple of times. Can watch it in my sig
    Thanks Foy

Wow, I had forgotten just how good that video was.

I was looking through some of my old pics and found these. This was right when he hit rnk 15 and it was the good ol cleansing quest. May our good friend Bud RIP. He was a one of a kind and wont forget him. Thanks for the good times.

Unhappy

RIP

Permanently retired. Was Kibilturg, Guardian of Imladris (then Landroval & Crickhollow) and ~40 alts.

Budhorn wasn't particularly good at his class, but added great value to Fraiding with his endearingly genuine hatred of Creeps and Creepside, and if you make the game more fun then you deserve to "Budhorn" (soak up) some reknown while dead in midst of the raid because the Creeps killed you first (or early).
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r14 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

???? For some reason decided to look up lotro after a looonngg time, crazy to see this. RIP bud

Rest in peace 1st Captain-General of Landroval.

I never knew Budhorn personally or even chatted with him but I did fight against him back in the day. When Chilicheese/Vinlassis came to creepside, he would always tell stories about Budhorn, his personality and voice. I remember him getting rank 15, how slow his poor hunter would turn because no one told him about keyboard turn speed. I also remember the last time he came out to the moors after quitting lotro for star wars i think it was? Unfortunatly he ran into me and didnt stay long, sorry Bud!

It is sad that we should meet only thus at the ending. For the world is changing: I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth, and I smell it in the air. I do not think we shall meet again.

Rest in peace 1st Captain-General of Landroval.

-Ternakh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast