We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ode to Gobblemoss

There are some role-players that are so fantastic that even ten years later you still remember your interactions with them in a video game you have not played in ten years.

Gobblemoss was one of those individuals. The first high ranked creep of any renown and skill that NEVER BROKE CHARACTER. Gobblemoss role-played on the forums, Gobblemoss role-played in game. Gobblemoss made antagonizing (and wonderful) role-playing posts about me and other Freeps. Even when it would have been tactically easier to break character, Gobblemoss did not. I never found out who Gobblemoss's Freep was (or if they even had one).

Its interesting the things that you remember and the things that people remember you for. The forum purge got rid of most of my existence. But here is a small nugget hoping that some day Gobblemoss will wander back through here, do a search of the name, and see the positive impact he made on another gamers existence. While I was most assuredly best known for my PvMP experience, I was a role-player first and foremost, even my persona on this server was a role-play. I respected Gobblemoss immensely, and hope s(he) is doing well.
    Ryan. Rank 8 Captain(Pre-Book12) Retired 1/29/08. RIP Fun PvMP
    I have given these matters long study. One by one, we have considered each possible theory. One by one, we have eliminated them all. We were left with what can only be the truth.
    Ryan is a half-orc. - The Spider Queen Gobblemoss

Gobblemoss was a member of Shadowclan, a tribe that moved here from Ultima Online seeking new adventures. Like others in the tribe, Gobblemoss was old school when it came to RP, keeping in character at all times. They spoke in Shadowclan orc even when doing call outs, much to the chagrin of other creeps.
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care