We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Fraushgrish2 you are the sole reason why I took off anonymous comments and suggestions in the guide. While I review all comments and suggestions and try to incorporate everyone's opinions it is clearly stated that I also encourage people other play styles that may not fit the criteria of my guide. What I find unacceptable behaviour is leaving numerous comments in the guide saying that it is trash, a joke and useless and defacing parts of the guide. I kept your name hidden but now you are taking your hostility into the forums.

The guide is still a work-in-progress and will go through many revisions yet.

That said it is clearly written at the top of the guide, "With my guides I tend to write them based on my own play style, so it is likely that you may not agree with everything written. On the other hand I welcome and encourage you to embrace your own play style."

If you don't like the guide at all then you are fully entitled to that decision but if all that you can say are negative trash-talk comments about the guide and attacking fellow community members then your opinions are not welcome anywhere in this guide or in this thread.

There are Tier 2 Challenge Raid ready Guardians that I am and will be collaborating with further to refine target stats and trait tree builds but the difference here is that their criticism will come in the form of positive criticism and feedback, not in the form of hostile attacking, leaving trash-talk comments and defacing the guide. I am very open to changing target stats and builds but when someone commands or orders me to through hostility their comments and suggestions automatically become null 'n void.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonflux View Post
    Fraushgrish2 you are the sole reason why I took off anonymous comments and suggestions in the guide. While I review all comments and suggestions and try to incorporate everyone's opinions it is clearly stated that I also encourage people other play styles that may not fit the criteria of my guide. What I find unacceptable behaviour is leaving numerous comments in the guide saying that it is trash, a joke and useless and defacing parts of the guide. I kept your name hidden but now you are taking your hostility into the forums.

The guide is still a work-in-progress and will go through many revisions yet.

That said it is clearly written at the top of the guide, "With my guides I tend to write them based on my own play style, so it is likely that you may not agree with everything written. On the other hand I welcome and encourage you to embrace your own play style."

If you don't like the guide at all then you are fully entitled to that decision but if all that you can say are negative trash-talk comments about the guide and attacking fellow community members then your opinions are not welcome anywhere in this guide or in this thread.

There are Tier 2 Challenge Raid ready Guardians that I am and will be collaborating with further to refine target stats and trait tree builds but the difference here is that their criticism will come in the form of positive criticism and feedback, not in the form of hostile attacking, leaving trash-talk comments and defacing the guide. I am very open to changing target stats and builds but when someone commands or orders me to through hostility their comments and suggestions automatically become null 'n void.
    What are you talking about....when i came to this thread i came here with respect for you guide and what you did as i said in my original comment those were the only issues i saw, everything else seemed great, also i've talked to your t2C guards, and they seem to agree with me on all points but the sword.

Also in your guide i never said any "trash talk" i even tried to be fairly respectful, perhaps i went a bit far when i called the tanking trait tree a joke, but you gotta admit you did trait smash and stab

I'm not giving a "play style" im giving the best optimal tanking trait tree, this trait tree is used by members of both faded and portal, both kins original challengers of the abyss.

You seem to be very weak twards any form of real criticism, blasting it off as "trash talk" why exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Fraushgrish2 View Post
    What are you talking about....when i came to this thread i came here with respect for you guide and what you did as i said in my original comment those were the only issues i saw, everything else seemed great, also i've talked to your t2C guards, and they seem to agree with me on all points but the sword.

Also in your guide i never said any "trash talk" i even tried to be fairly respectful, perhaps i went a bit far when i called the tanking trait tree a joke, but you gotta admit you did trait smash and stab

I'm not giving a "play style" im giving the best optimal tanking trait tree, this trait tree is used by members of both faded and portal, both kins original challengers of the abyss.

You seem to be very weak twards any form of real criticism, blasting it off as "trash talk" why exactly?
    You mean comments such as, "this trait tree is the closest thing to actually good, everything else is a joke" or doing silly unnecessary things like renaming work-in-progress to work-in-vitality which creates more unnecessary work for me just to name a couple of examples. I'm curious as to what your definition of being "fairly respectful" is?

In the professional world there and when you are dealing with clientel and consultants there is a different between negative criticism and positive criticism. I'm a very open-minded person and as mentioned I will be listening to the community on changes that they would like to see made to the guide and will most likely make those changes but people such as yourself are just going to be ignored.

Not all guards play the same way. Some like to stack morale and forget almost any other star. And they do fine. Others like and use Stoic, others not. Same for Redirect, Bring on the Pain, you get the idea. And they tank fine too. I myself like to be a bit more offenssive, traiting sweeping cuts and legacy bleed and bash in tanking, and I do fine. So there is no an "all better" trait setup. Every configuration has its pros and cons. Just play your style and have fun

You mean comments such as, "this trait tree is the closest thing to actually good, everything else is a joke" or doing silly unnecessary things like renaming work-in-progress to work-in-vitality which creates more unnecessary work for me just to name a couple of examples. I'm curious as to what your definition of being "fairly respectful" is?
    I didnt find that insanely disrespectful, it was the truth, and the work in vitality thing was an accident...It was a work in progress for ESSENCES so i wrote vitality..

In the professional world there and when you are dealing with clientel and consultants there is a different between negative criticism and positive criticism. I'm a very open-minded person and as mentioned I will be listening to the community on changes that they would like to see made to the guide and will most likely make those changes but people such as yourself are just going to be ignored.
    Well then people simply aren't gonna get the best guardian build, not my issue, i just wanted to help
    Last edited by Fraushgrish2; Jul 18 2018 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fermongu View Post
    Not all guards play the same way. Some like to stack morale and forget almost any other star. And they do fine. Others like and use Stoic, others not. Same for Redirect, Bring on the Pain, you get the idea. And they tank fine too. I myself like to be a bit more offenssive, traiting sweeping cuts and legacy bleed and bash in tanking, and I do fine. So there is no an "all better" trait setup. Every configuration has its pros and cons. Just play your style and have fun
    My trait style is the best for keeping aggro and surviving, you can play aggressive if you want, but your at a higher risk of dying

Nice guide, however, I disagree with your putting stat legacies on the LI's; with the current amount of stats that we get from gear there is no need for them as they provide a trivial amount of stats and they take up space that can be used for other legacies. For example with your two handed dps sword I would replace might with the brutal assault legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fermongu View Post
    I've done abyss with a tank that traited break ranks up to 2nd boss. So that's doable as well and he did fine ( somehow ) , should OP put his build on the guide too ?
    Guides are made for optimal builds. You can have all the fun you want , but guides are not supposed to include fun builds , that's up to the player.
    There are ''all better'' setups , that vary for every scenario. None of them includes traiting sweeping cut while tanking.
    Mostly what matters is dmg Taken Per Second , TPS and healing per second HPS , since you are a tank. Lastly you worry about DPS.

This is the best build for all abyss bosses.
    https://lotrottp.lotrostatus.com/l.php?c=8T5 ( 88 trait points )

Notes :
    1) You can swap disorientation for turn the tables in other boss fights.
    For abyss bosses it's useless. I use Disor as a filler just for my own benefit. DPS classes don't need it with current gear available.
    2) On 1st boss i used to trait juggernaut. I eventually dropped it in favour of maxed redirect and i still have pledge as 'Ow S***' skill.
    3) With the above build , guardian can survive most boss content with just 6 SoS HoTs from the minstrels and the aoe bolsters.
    You can have them heal the squishy captains instead :P
    Last edited by Kazabooboo; Jul 19 2018 at 03:03 AM.

Nice guide, Zon. Hats off for that mass of work

to add on to that that trait doesnt even work the tool tip says 13k increase while the real number is only 2-3k
    I already read that from you in another thread and wonder where you get that from? Mine seems to work just fine. Tooltip says 13k on max rank and it adds 13k to my character sheet. Am I missing something? (and yeah, no need to trait that actually. tact mit is quite easily capped without)

omgalul, do you really think that the small dmg increase you get from wasting your time getting star lit crystals is worth it? I'm not saying that imbuement is trash and you should immidiatly make a new Li, im just saying for the younger guards out there that you dont need to grind on your sword, as you get ALL THE THINGS THAT AN IMBUED WEP GIVE + MORE
    DPS difference is rather huge. And since your weapon dps also affects shield skills, I'd say imbueing is the way to go.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Yellow has the ability to debuff the enemy mob but Radiate was nerfed in a previous patch as was Insult to Injury because of the Red tree and nothing was ever done to help Yellow out. I feel as though those nerfs should only have been active while specialized in Red.

Blue specialization gets critical defense buffs, a small fellowship mitigation buff, Juggernaut which is incredibly powerful for avoiding damage and Block heals. Further Blue tanks are able to dip into Bring on the Pain and Redirect from Yellow making them extremely powerful tanks.

On the other hand Yellow tanks dipping into Blue doesn't really make Yellow feel any more powerful.

As it stands Yellow tanks are very underwhelming and are only used situationally such as kiting a mob or boss.

99% of the time you will most likely choose to specialization in Blue rather than Yellow.
    Ahh I didn't realize Radiate had had a prior nerf. And the shield skill heals in blue line are definitely helpful.

Thanks again.

Finesse

Spent all morning running some number crunching...

Full Avoids % Tests
    Ruined City Tier 2 115: first mob

17k Finesse (5.0%)
    Shield-smash: 23.3% x43
    Whirling Retaliation: 25.0% x44
    Shield-swipe: 22.7% x22
    Sweeping Cut: 25.0% x28
    Smashing Stab: 0.0% x3
    Engage: 0.0% x4

33k Finesse (9.1%)
    Shield-smash: 20.7% x29
    Whirling Retaliation: 5.1% x39
    Shield-swipe: 31.8% x22
    Sweeping Cut: 26.8% x56
    Smashing Stab: 0.0% x6
    Engage: 0.0% x6

64k Finesse (15.2%)
    Shield-smash: 6.9% x29
    Whirling Retaliation: 4.3% x46
    Shield-swipe: 5.0% x20
    Sweeping Cut: 6.3% x48
    Smashing Stab: 16.7% x6

From what I can tell if your Finesse is low it doesn't seem to matter if you have 0 or ~30k your attacks that get fully avoided will do-so approximately the same amount.

If your Finesse is up to a certain minimum then much less of your attacks get fully avoided.

Regarding skills such as Smashing Stab and Engage the sample size is too low to really compare in the sets.

Whirling Retaliation was used to open up Redirect.

Also, I can verify in my 5% Finesse test that even though 27.8% of Redirects were fully avoided that I was still able to gain the benefit of the damage absorb / reflect.

It looks as though you'll still generate damage threat with little or no Finesse but there is a higher chance for your attacks to be fully avoided and thus produce no damage threat.

The other loss of low Finesse is the loss of consistent crowd-control on mobs which I was able to notice during my tests.

From those tests, assuming that you're not concerned about Engage being fully avoided and a slight loss in crowd control from Shield-smash then you could probably run with little to no Finesse in a tank build.

*EDIT: Anyone with ONLY tier 1 gear offhand no the maximum Morale possible? I don't want to include stats for gated Tier 2 gear. Doing some rough estimates with my own gear and feel as though I should be able to get up to at least unbuffed 150-160k Morale with just tier 1 gear and N.Stronghold essences.
    Last edited by Zonflux; Jul 19 2018 at 10:59 AM.

Engage can not be avoided. It does no damage or debuff , it's just a taunt.

0 finesse can only work in boss fights. You'd need 2 builds.

Doing trash pulls , or boss fights with trash mobs without some finesse is simply bad guardian building.
    If you resist initial warchant and fail to land a shield smash , you need to use early challenge and you'll lose all aggro.
    There are workarounds , like champ horn at start wherever possible ( non immune mobs ) , 2 tanks etc.

I personally easily do all trash pulls on abyss with just myself on guardian and 0 aggro support with CC from champ ( horn ) or lm ( bane flare ).
    While i've seen most other guards suffer , QQ for captain to go tank and support them etc etc.

Making an alternative build for 0 finesse would cost me a lot of resources / gold since most of my finesse comes from jewellery and a few armour pieces.
    My only benefit would be extra morale , which makes little to no difference for current content.
    Also , dropping a gear piece that has finesse in order to trade it for critical defence or resistance is plain stupid.
    Any guardian that has over 150k morale unbuffed , with softcapped inc healing ( 15% ) and decent finesse ( ~15% ) is on a great spot and can call his build done.

Max geared guardians should be able to reach 180k-190k morale by sacrificing some finesse . If you play to showoff in erebor , be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazabooboo View Post
    Engage can not be avoided. It does no damage or debuff , it's just a taunt.

0 finesse can only work in boss fights. You'd need 2 builds.

Doing trash pulls , or boss fights with trash mobs without some finesse is simply bad guardian building.
    If you resist initial warchant and fail to land a shield smash , you need to use early challenge and you'll lose all aggro.
    There are workarounds , like champ horn at start wherever possible ( non immune mobs ) , 2 tanks etc.

Making an alternative build for 0 finesse would cost me a lot of resources / gold since most of my finesse comes from jewellery and a few armour pieces.
    My only benefit would be extra morale , which makes little to no difference for current content.
    Also , dropping a gear piece that has finesse in order to trade it for critical defence or resistance is plain stupid.
    Any guardian that has over 150k morale unbuffed , with softcapped inc healing ( 15% ) and decent finesse ( ~15% ) is on a great spot and can call his build done.

Max geared guardians should be able to reach 180k-190k morale by sacrificing some finesse . If you play to showoff in erebor , be my guest.
    Fir just tier 1 gear, mix of tanking and dps gear and no essences of Finesse I think should be possible 45-50k Finesse without sacrificing a bunch of Morale then.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    Nice guide, Zon. Hats off for that mass of work

I already read that from you in another thread and wonder where you get that from? Mine seems to work just fine. Tooltip says 13k on max rank and it adds 13k to my character sheet. Am I missing something? (and yeah, no need to trait that actually. tact mit is quite easily capped without)

Maybe its just for me, i discovered this when i slotted it and it seemed broken so i asked a friend and he sent me these confirming that it was broken

Quote Originally Posted by dwarfThar View Post
    DPS difference is rather huge. And since your weapon dps also affects shield skills, I'd say imbueing is the way to go.
    When i said you shouldnt imbue your tanking sword, tanks dps doesnt matter..

Spent all morning running some number crunching...

Full Avoids % Tests
    Ruined City Tier 2 115: first mob

17k Finesse (5.0%)
    Shield-smash: 23.3% x43
    Whirling Retaliation: 25.0% x44
    Shield-swipe: 22.7% x22
    Sweeping Cut: 25.0% x28
    Smashing Stab: 0.0% x3
    Engage: 0.0% x4

33k Finesse (9.1%)
    Shield-smash: 20.7% x29
    Whirling Retaliation: 5.1% x39
    Shield-swipe: 31.8% x22
    Sweeping Cut: 26.8% x56
    Smashing Stab: 0.0% x6

64k Finesse (15.2%)
    Shield-smash: 6.9% x29
    Whirling Retaliation: 4.3% x46
    Shield-swipe: 5.0% x20
    Sweeping Cut: 6.3% x48
    Smashing Stab: 16.7% x6

From what I can tell if your Finesse is low it doesn't seem to matter if you have 0 or ~30k your attacks that get fully avoided will do-so approximately the same amount.

If your Finesse is up to a certain minimum then much less of your attacks get fully avoided.

Regarding skills such as Smashing Stab and Engage the sample size is too low to really compare in the sets.

Whirling Retaliation was used to open up Redirect.

Also, I can verify in my 5% Finesse test that even though 27.8% of Redirects were fully avoided that I was still able to gain the benefit of the damage absorb / reflect.

It looks as though you'll still generate damage threat with little or no Finesse but there is a higher chance for your attacks to be fully avoided and thus produce no damage threat.

The other loss of low Finesse is the loss of consistent crowd-control on mobs which I was able to notice during my tests.

From those tests, assuming that you're not concerned about Engage being fully avoided and a slight loss in crowd control from Shield-smash then you could probably run with little to no Finesse in a tank build.

*EDIT: Anyone with ONLY tier 1 gear offhand no the maximum Morale possible? I don't want to include stats for gated Tier 2 gear. Doing some rough estimates with my own gear and feel as though I should be able to get up to at least unbuffed 150-160k Morale with just tier 1 gear and N.Stronghold essences.
    Thank you for confirming this im glad the truth is out

Im gonna write this in all caps for you to understand TAUNTS CANNOT BE RESISTED, WAR-CHANTs THREAT CANNOT BE RESISTED, IF YOU SEE RESIST AFTER HITTING WARCHANT (or shield smash for that matter) ITS THE EFFECT THATS BEING AVOIDED NOT THE TAUNT

I personally easily do all trash pulls on abyss with just myself on guardian and 0 aggro support with CC from champ ( horn ) or lm ( bane flare ).
    While i've seen most other guards suffer , QQ for captain to go tank and support them etc etc.

With everything you have said i doubt that you actually run any corent content and if you do, its very sad that someone as unaware about their class as you can run current t2c content, i hope the next raid is not this easy

Unsure what you are trying to get across with the two screenshots? It says that you refunded points though it doesn't appear to have done so. It also says that you have acquired skills that you have not and do not show up on your quickslot bars.

Sounds like a support ticket kind of bug to file.

Unsure what you are trying to get across with the two screenshots? It says that you refunded points though it doesn't appear to have done so. It also says that you have acquired skills that you have not and do not show up on your quickslot bars.

Sounds like a support ticket kind of bug to file.
    its a before and after, the first one is with 0 points into guards ward tactics and the second one is with 5 points in guards ward tactics

17. Jul 19 2018, 12:28 PM

The guardian's ward : tactics tactical mitigation only applies when you have guardian's ward buff on and it's 100% WAI.

Im gonna write this in all caps for you to understand TAUNTS CANNOT BE RESISTED, WAR-CHANTs THREAT CANNOT BE RESISTED, IF YOU SEE RESIST AFTER HITTING WARCHANT (or shield smash for that matter) ITS THE EFFECT THATS BEING AVOIDED NOT THE TAUNT
    While this is true , i am not sure you realise how small the 'taunt' you describe is.
    First of all , let's clear something , it's not a force taunt. It's just some extra threat.
    Let me explain so you understand.

Warchant is consisted of 3 parts :

1) The damage it does. That's where most of the threat generates.
    2) The damage debuff it does.
    3) An extra threat component. This is the one you refer to. You can notice it as a red flame when you cast warchant.
    I am not sure you realise how small it is. It used to be decent extra threat when trait trees launched but now it's almost nothing.
    Basically , if a minstrel heal you with a bolster and a SoS and you resist warchant , thus applying only this small threat buff , you will lose aggro to heals.
    Go test it out.

1) and 2) , can be resisted , and since the damage can be resisted , most of the aggro potential is lost.

TL;DR : Warchant resist = RIP aggro

19. Jul 19 2018, 12:36 PM

20. Jul 19 2018, 12:46 PM

The guardian's ward : tactics tactical mitigation only applies when you have guardian's ward buff on and it's 100% WAI.

Guards wards is up in those photos, guess its just a bug in my client \0/

While this is true , i am not sure you realise how small the 'taunt' you describe is.
    First of all , let's clear something , it's not a force taunt. It's just some extra threat.
    Let me explain so you understand.

Warchant is consisted of 3 parts :

1) The damage it does. That's where most of the threat generates.
    2) The damage debuff it does.
    3) An extra threat component. This is the one you refer to. You can notice it as a red flame when you cast warchant.
    I am not sure you realise how small it is. It used to be decent extra threat when trait trees launched but now it's almost nothing.
    Basically , if a minstrel heal you with a bolster and a SoS and you resist warchant , thus applying only this small threat buff , you will lose aggro to heals.
    Go test it out.

1) and 2) , can be resisted , and since the damage can be resisted , most of the aggro potential is lost.

TL;DR : Warchant resist = RIP aggro
    This comment has made me quit this thread as its so unbelievably stupid i cant even begin to talk about without an infraction

Guards wards is up in those photos, guess its just a bug in my client \0/
    Nop your guardian's ward wasn't on.
    Basically , you didn't even know that guardian's ward tactical mits apply only when the buff is up and you are here trying to discuss the advanced stuff.
    Basics first buddy. Baby steps.
    Cya.

[IMG]

You can pull of some okish dps as tank guard nowadays tbh.

Wow, Zon- coaching to the next level. I especially liked the trait tree part where you went over the overall usefulness of individual traits. Might be worth considering going over the basic skills needed for tanking in a Video? Amazing work!
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 14 Warg, Arkenstone~

Maybe its just for me, i discovered this when i slotted it and it seemed broken so i asked a friend and he sent me these confirming that it was broken

Thank you for confirming this im glad the truth is out

With everything you have said i doubt that you actually run any corent content and if you do, its very sad that someone as unaware about their class as you can run current t2c content, i hope the next raid is not this easy
    I did some math. To confirm my math is correct, do you have 58760 Armour under the same buffs as the first screenshot?

If this is correct, then that extra 1175.2 Tactical Mitigation is from Guardian's Defence (the 1st side-line trait). It gives 10% Armour. So, given that:

1. Armour contributes 100% of it's value to Physical Mitigation and 20% of it's value to Tactical Mitigation,

2. Your Physical Mitigation before applying traits (and therefore before receiving Guardian's Defence 10% Armour buff) was 59610, and

3. Your Physical Mitigation after applying traits (and therefore after receiving Guardian's Defence 10% Armour buff) was 65486.

It's possible to calculate the amount of Tactical Mitigation received by Guardian's Defence.

Physical Mitigation Added = 65486-59610 = 5876

Armour contributes 100% of it's value to Physical Mitigation (so 1 point of Armour = 1 point of Physical Mitigation).

Therefore, you received 5876 Armour from Guardian's Defence.

Armour contributes 20% of it's value to Tactical Mitigation (so 1 point of Armour = 0.2 points of Tactical Mitigation).

5876 * 0.2 = 1175.2

Therefore, you received 1175.2 Tactical Mitigation from Guardian's Defence (most likely rounded to 1175).

Your Tactical Mitigation before applying your traits (and therefore Guardian's Defence 10% Armour value) is 45083.

If we add 1175.2 to your Tactical Mitigation of 45083, we should receive your Tactical Mitigation (or close to it due to rounding).

45083 + 1175.2 = 46258.2 Tactical Mitigation.

*double checks screenshot*

After applying traits, your Tactical Mitigation is 46258.

In order to confirm that the basis for my math (The armour value gained from Guardian's Defence) is correct, I'd like to see your Armour value before applying your traits in that screenshot.

So, if your Armour value is indeed 58760 before applying traits, then that extra Tactical Mitigation after applying traits is from Guardian's Defence, and since even if Guardian's Ward was applied before taking the first screenshot it applied no Tactical Mitigation, meaning that based on the data provided you didn't have Guardian's Ward up on the second screenshot according to the math.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Guardian's_Defence

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Gua...ard%3A_Tactics

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Guardian's_Ward

Somewhat minor / major update to the guide.

I have replaced all build screenshots with links to each image in an attempt to make the guide more mobile-friendly. The screenshot images have been linked below a textual table outlining the spread of class trait points for each build. If you prefer to look at the screenshot image simply click on the link to view the image instead.

Most builds have been modified to some degree to reflect the larger consensus of what most Guardians are using. Hopefully I am closer to the overall consensus of Guardians as I would like the builds to reflect the current meta while still reflecting my own personal play style. Feel free to check each build out.

Target stats for Damage Dealer (PvE | PvMP) and Tanking have been updated to reflect attainable gear and essences from tier 1 barter quartermasters. I am not listed gated tier 2 gear as this guide is more meant as a guide to get tier 2 ready and solo survivability so there min-max values for stats should hopefully reflect so and provide a bare absolute minimum for getting accepted into a tier 2 challenge raid without getting shunned or trolled.

Guardian Guide for Update 22.3

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Wow, Zon- coaching to the next level. I especially liked the trait tree part where you went over the overall usefulness of individual traits. Might be worth considering going over the basic skills needed for tanking in a Video? Amazing work!
    Thanks Spilo! <3 xoxo Trying my best to incorporate everyone's opinions, bias and builds into the guide. Still a lot of work to do but it is slowly coming along. I do have plans on supplemental videos as well as illustrations but it's like this ginormous checklist of items to do.

27. Jul 19 2018, 03:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by AjiBuster499 View Post
    I did some math. To confirm my math is correct, do you have 58760 Armour under the same buffs as the first screenshot?

If this is correct, then that extra 1175.2 Tactical Mitigation is from Guardian's Defence (the 1st side-line trait). It gives 10% Armour. So, given that:

1. Armour contributes 100% of it's value to Physical Mitigation and 20% of it's value to Tactical Mitigation,

2. Your Physical Mitigation before applying traits (and therefore before receiving Guardian's Defence 10% Armour buff) was 59610, and

3. Your Physical Mitigation after applying traits (and therefore after receiving Guardian's Defence 10% Armour buff) was 65486.

It's possible to calculate the amount of Tactical Mitigation received by Guardian's Defence.

Physical Mitigation Added = 65486-59610 = 5876

Armour contributes 100% of it's value to Physical Mitigation (so 1 point of Armour = 1 point of Physical Mitigation).

Therefore, you received 5876 Armour from Guardian's Defence.

Armour contributes 20% of it's value to Tactical Mitigation (so 1 point of Armour = 0.2 points of Tactical Mitigation).

5876 * 0.2 = 1175.2

Therefore, you received 1175.2 Tactical Mitigation from Guardian's Defence (most likely rounded to 1175).

Your Tactical Mitigation before applying your traits (and therefore Guardian's Defence 10% Armour value) is 45083.

If we add 1175.2 to your Tactical Mitigation of 45083, we should receive your Tactical Mitigation (or close to it due to rounding).

45083 + 1175.2 = 46258.2 Tactical Mitigation.

*double checks screenshot*

After applying traits, your Tactical Mitigation is 46258.

In order to confirm that the basis for my math (The armour value gained from Guardian's Defence) is correct, I'd like to see your Armour value before applying your traits in that screenshot.

So, if your Armour value is indeed 58760 before applying traits, then that extra Tactical Mitigation after applying traits is from Guardian's Defence, and since even if Guardian's Ward was applied before taking the first screenshot it applied no Tactical Mitigation, meaning that based on the data provided you didn't have Guardian's Ward up on the second screenshot according to the math.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Guardian's_Defence

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Gua...ard%3A_Tactics

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Guardian's_Ward
    I said in the original quote that thats not my screenshot

I have replaced all build screenshots with links to each image in an attempt to make the guide more mobile-friendly. The screenshot images have been linked below a textual table outlining the spread of class trait points for each build. If you prefer to look at the screenshot image simply click on the link to view the image instead.
    You can have both right ? A link and the image itself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzS...6uIAJIqOs/view
    This build is not better for anything.
    Imo drop stoic , and put the points in yellow and warrior's fortitude in blue.

If you insist on adding a stoic build ( which imo is just bad ) , trait it 5/6.
    6th point is pointless since WH heals you to full nowadays , so there are 0 scenarios where that heal comes into play.

Cheers for your work.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast