We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzS...6uIAJIqOs/view

this build is almost absolutely perfect, the only thing wrong with it is that you put 6 into stoic bubble, 5 is enough, you can use that extra point on juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Kazabooboo View Post

This build is not better for anything.
    Imo drop stoic , and put the points in yellow and warrior's fortitude in blue.

Cheers for your work.
    Why? Its 60k more morale...its useful in every possible sense...i get that juggernaut is useless sometimes but stoic is useful all the time
    Last edited by Fraushgrish2; Jul 19 2018 at 04:27 PM.

2. Jul 19 2018, 04:47 PM

But you can have a swappy for warrior's heart

4. Jul 19 2018, 05:26 PM

Strider5548 is offline Legendary Hunter of Middle-earth
    Original Challenger of Jagger Jack
    Amazing, while my guardian is only L32 and I plan to use tortoise, I greatly appreciate the time you put into this. Super helpful!
    Servers: Treebeard | Arkenstone | Landroval
    Classes: Hunter | Champion | Loremaster | Warden | Beorning | Guardian | Captain | Burglar
    Creeps: Warleader | Reaver

6. Jul 19 2018, 05:55 PM

You can have both right ? A link and the image itself.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vzS...6uIAJIqOs/view
    This build is not better for anything.
    Imo drop stoic , and put the points in yellow and warrior's fortitude in blue.

If you insist on adding a stoic build ( which imo is just bad ) , trait it 5/6.
    6th point is pointless since WH heals you to full nowadays , so there are 0 scenarios where that heal comes into play.

Cheers for your work.
    Yeah that build seemed a bit messed up; my head gets a bit scrambled at times.

For an alternate Blue alt build, probably a situational kind of one for boss fights maybe this >> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uU...2nPcHp8F6BxuGG. You lost Reversal and Warrior's Fortitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonflux View Post

For an alternate Blue alt build, probably a situational kind of one for boss fights maybe this >> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uU...2nPcHp8F6BxuGG. You lost Reversal and Warrior's Fortitude.
    perfection <3

Quote Originally Posted by Zonflux View Post

I've already expressed my opinion on the matter , i believe stoic is a terrible trait.
    Everything is explained on previous posts.
    However , 1 thing is certain , there is 0 chance that dropping warrior's fortitude is a good move.
    It's just 1 point , and it gives you 2% phys mits , 1% block+partial for the whole fight.
    Mitigations is what makes guardian great. You simply don't skip them.

Anyway , it's not my intention to try and enforce a certain trait build , so i'll stop right here : - )
    The guide is overall really good anyway.

I've already expressed my opinion on the matter , i believe stoic is a terrible trait.
    Everything is explained on previous posts.
    However , 1 thing is certain , there is 0 chance that dropping warrior's fortitude is a good move.
    It's just 1 point , and it gives you 2% phys mits , 1% block+partial for the whole fight.
    Mitigations is what makes guardian great. You simply don't skip them.

Anyway , it's not my intention to try and enforce a certain trait build , so i'll stop right here : - )
    The guide is overall really good anyway.
    Like all “expires if out of combat for 9 seconds” skillz, thisnskill also ends after 4 min it doesn’t last the entire fight
    Estarossa, Rank 15 rune-keeper, Ark

Quote Originally Posted by sahanto View Post
    Like all “expires if out of combat for 9 seconds” skillz, thisnskill also ends after 4 min it doesn’t last the entire fight
    Even so, Warrior's Heart has a 2 minute cooldown. In long fights, it's theoretically possible to have (I think this'd be called) 200% uptime on Warrior's Fortitude (can technically cast twice in the 4 minute duration, so it's got a 200% uptime).

?

Quote Originally Posted by AjiBuster499 View Post
    Even so, Warrior's Heart has a 2 minute cooldown. In long fights, it's theoretically possible to have (I think this'd be called) 200% uptime on Warrior's Fortitude (can technically cast twice in the 4 minute duration, so it's got a 200% uptime).
    ??

The buff from warrior's fortitude is permanent , as long as you stay in combat. 4 minutes or 4 hours , doesn't matter.
    You can even pop the yellow version before combat , swap trait line to blue and get both buffs permanently ,
    as soon as WH comes back from CD , although its not as important as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by AjiBuster499 View Post
    That really depends if you need to use warriors heart, i only use it if i need to, not to refresh a pointless thing that i dont even slot
    Last edited by sahanto; Jul 20 2018 at 03:35 PM.

Folks need to stop trolling and insulting each other. If you don't like the guide, feel free to contribute meaningfully, not engage in personal attacks.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Twitch - YouTube
    Personal channels (No SSG talk): Twitch Twitter Facebook
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

15. Jul 20 2018, 05:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Folks need to stop trolling and insulting each other. If you don't like the guide, feel free to contribute meaningfully, not engage in personal attacks.
    ./agree
    ./bump

It doesn't expire like RK's Concession and Rebuttal does. It really lasts the whole fight.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Hello, thank you for a great guide!

I was looking at a few of the suggested stats you give for T1, T2 and T2 raiding, and had a couple of questions.

You list suggested incoming healing at 5%. Currently, my incoming healing is at 0, but 5% total due to the High-spirited trait. Would you say there is a low need for incoming healing essences, or on your gear in general? You answer the question some in the guide, but I was hoping you could elaborate a bit, as I saw others raise the question of stacking morale vs incoming healing.

Secondly, you list critical defence at 50%. Is this including the 10% you gain from the Guardians Defence set-bonus? My current critical defence is at 60% and I was wondering if I should drop down to 50% total and focus on vitality and finesse instead.

Again, thank you for this, it gave me a direction instead of being endlessly afraid to barter anything in case something was invested in the wrong areas!

Quote Originally Posted by Perri View Post
    Hello, thank you for a great guide!

I was looking at a few of the suggested stats you give for T1, T2 and T2 raiding, and had a couple of questions.

You list suggested incoming healing at 5%. Currently, my incoming healing is at 0, but 5% total due to the High-spirited trait. Would you say there is a low need for incoming healing essences, or on your gear in general? You answer the question some in the guide, but I was hoping you could elaborate a bit, as I saw others raise the question of stacking morale vs incoming healing.

Secondly, you list critical defence at 50%. Is this including the 10% you gain from the Guardians Defence set-bonus? My current critical defence is at 60% and I was wondering if I should drop down to 50% total and focus on vitality and finesse instead.

Again, thank you for this, it gave me a direction instead of being endlessly afraid to barter anything in case something was invested in the wrong areas!
    Race of Man gets a passive +5% bonus, so with the +5% class trait that gives a total of 10%. One essence is enough to add 5% for a total of around 15%, or 10% if you are not Race of Man. I personally am more a fan of Morale in the current meta which is why as Race of Man I am stopping at 10%.

The 50% Critical Defence is including the passive +10% from Blue line tanking. I am at 59.9% (+10%) where any extra rating is coming from passives on gear. The tanky gear has nice Vitality on it so unless you are opting for a piece with Finesse on it then it will be difficult to drop this any further.

Zipfile recently shared his tanking gear, which is still a work-in-progress for him as well which boasts some very nice stats. The gear however is largely Tier 2 gated so for the Tier 1 gear you'd want to take off the set bonuses and slightly lower the stats that each gear piece gives.

Cloak

Hey Zonflux. Where did you get that cloak from? with evade on it

Quote Originally Posted by Clerebald View Post
    Hey Zonflux. Where did you get that cloak from? with evade on it
    Not sure which one he is wearing in that screenshot but the one that I am wearing which has +5482 Evade on it is [Fantastic Wool Cloak of Thranduil's Cunning] which is a selectable quest reward from [115] Chapter 6.7: Wood, Lake, Mountain, and Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerebald View Post
    Where did you get that cloak from? with evade on it
    It's from the raid barterer near the Ruins of Dingarth -> Inc Jewellery and Cloaks - Beorning
    Always a good choice to go look in the Beorning categories for different statted items as they also use might.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

ah thank you Dwarfthar , and Zon for the tip..

Hi

Nice guide..

Can you add a dps version with shield smash. I Will be interested for.

Thanos in avance

Ps . English is not my native language

Thanks!

Thank you so much for this effort!!!! I'm a casual player and this is invaluable to me. I really appreciate the help.

What's New?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

What's New?

2018-08-01 17:00 EST
    • Approved and Rejected various comments and suggestions.
    • Revised text along with trying to keep text to a minimal (since I have a tendacy to go blah blah blah).
    • Adjusted build target values to be more inline with the current meta.
    • Added 3 pages of content to the Battle Strategy section, including a cool skills range illustration.
    • Changed the skill rotations slightly based on my own personal experiences while tanking and as dps.

Total pages as of this update is 37.

Thanks for the efforts....
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

What's New?
    GREAT WORK, Zon!
    Thank you so much. Invaluable help!

((You could maybe add a 'last version date' on the first page, so that we can check if updates were added since the last reading, but maybe google docs is already registering that somewhere...))

Hi,
    I was looking through the guide I saw some information that seemed to me to slightly contradict itself, although I could be misunderstanding. On pages 24-25 the Vitality and Might legacies say they are filler legacies. I noticed on page 21-23 all the LIs have vitality and/or Might on them.

Is Vitality better than Guardian Bleed or Sweeping Cut damage boosts when tanking? Do bleeds not help keep aggro? Or is it not enough to make it worth it compared to extra hp?

What about on the DPS builds?

Thanks!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast