We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teyaha View Post
    Oh i could regale you with about a dozen anecdotes from my nearly 25 years of playing MUD's and mmorpgs of rp'ers trying to enforce rp on other players, but what would that serve besides a rather lengthy post?

If you want to RP that's fine, do as you like. Keep it out of world, or expect to be rightfully harangued as not everyone is coming to this server to sign up for or deal with RP.
    Please do. I've been playing for around the long and most non-RPers have always enjoyed being on RP servers because the communities were so nice. I would LOVE to know who was trying to force you to roleplay as I've roleplayed on LotRO since the gates open without anything of the sort. Plenty of people griefing us, sure(and being subsequently punished by GMs) but never the other way around.

Oh i could regale you with about a dozen anecdotes from my nearly 25 years of playing MUD's and mmorpgs of rp'ers trying to enforce rp on other players, but what would that serve besides a rather lengthy post?
    Correct. It wouldn't serve any point at all, since we are talking about Lotro, not your 25 years of playing other games.

If you want to RP that's fine, do as you like.
    How generous of you to grant us your permission!

Keep it out of world, or expect to be rightfully harangued
    You clearly know nothing about the rp community on Lotro, if you think we'e going to be striking up rp in world chat. If you'd bothered to read the thread before you posted, you'd have seen that people are suggesting setting up a dedicated rp channel. The only person mentioning world chat is you.

We're now on Ithil too!
    German Roleplayer, but also willing to play in english!

If you want to RP that's fine, do as you like. Keep it out of world, or expect to be rightfully harangued as not everyone is coming to this server to sign up for or deal with RP.
    Do you really need to be reminded that you are playing an MMORPG? Literally a game designed for role-playing? RPing is, in fact, the norm. Whether or not there is additional RP support (as on the official RP servers) this game and its developers have ALWAYS encouraged RP. It is not in any way against the TOS to speak in character on the world channel. World is just a general channel. You are under no obligation to respond to or interact with anyone who is chatting in character. But you certainly cannot harass them.

Rahvanox is offline Easily Entertained
    The Unfashionable
    I'm also a fan of RP-Encouraged servers. I think Ithil being the Unofficial RP-Encouraged sounds excellent. I myself don't do any rp'ing but I enjoy being in a server where it's not always about stats. I love seeing bands around playing music and I think it brings a lot of life to this game. The good kind. I've seen gatherings of people telling stories as well. I'm from Landroval and to be able to see what I love from there in Ithil would be wonderful. So far, Ithil has a very nice community from what I've seen which makes this all the more enjoyable.

Was Ithil announced?

When Anor became available I created a character there and have spent a lot of time on it, but had not known about this Ithil server. Was it made known about this separate server? I prefer RP, so would have created my character(s) here rather than waste time on Anor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumfigger View Post
    When Anor became available I created a character there and have spent a lot of time on it, but had not known about this Ithil server. Was it made known about this separate server? I prefer RP, so would have created my character(s) here rather than waste time on Anor.
    SSG is offering free transfers for a short period of time. If you so desire, you can transfer your characters to Ithil. BUT! I would make a new character with a different name on Ithil first to see if it's what you are looking for. It is the UNOFFICIAL RP, so it's not SSG enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinara View Post
    SSG is offering free transfers for a short period of time. If you so desire, you can transfer your characters to Ithil. BUT! I would make a new character with a different name on Ithil first to see if it's what you are looking for. It is the UNOFFICIAL RP, so it's not SSG enforced.
    Having played on an RP server for 10 years I have an idea what I'm looking for, for sure. Though, as most folks know, one of the most fun things is getting the name you want, and not having been notified of the RP Legendary server from the start makes it that much more difficult to get a name that one finds appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumfigger View Post
    Ithil was announced only after Anor took an unexpected beating from people trying desperately to get on. It's only a second Legendary Server that they had ready JUST IN CASE and where a bunch of players have decided to encourage RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranaan View Post
    I understand you m8, you are busy roleplaying as a dork in the forums. Great job!
    What are u trying to rp as then? The forums 'tough' guy or 'bad boy'?

Ohh I'm sure all your insults in many posts impress alot of people while the targets cover in fear as you seem to be so tough. lol At least in your own mind.

Don’t scare people away from this server by trying to make it a RP server. They already have them and you don’t need a level cap to RP.

Quote Originally Posted by hank8989 View Post
    Don’t scare people away from this server by trying to make it a RP server. They already have them and you don’t need a level cap to RP.
    I for one moved over to Ithil as a result of this thread.

Believe it or not, many people like to play the game on level, and rp as well. Hence the rpers who are playing on the legendary servers.

The point of having Ithil as an 'unofficial' rp server, is that rpers who are playing on the legendary servers can gather in one place. It does not effect anyone else at all, and certainly does not prevent any non-rper from playing how they like on the server.

As for scaring people away - that is frankly laughable, as the only intimidation I've ever seen attempted is from the other direction. If you don't want to rp that's great, but let those who do rp organise amongst themselves and play the way they want to play. It's easy for you to group up and play the game how you like. You should let others do the same.

Anor has just as much RP and polite players. One thing you need to do as on any server though is to immediately turn off world and LFF channels. They will drive you crazy.
    Landroval Music Community
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

Yes!

Though actually I don t care much about the server-tags.

Roleplay is always 'encouraged' by roleplayers, as where we play, there is roleplay. Easy ^^

It s great to see there are already some kinships around that offer roleplay, hope to meet inGame soon.

As a fact, I love worldchat, and will of course use it to connect with others every now and then. I also used to look for roleplayers in sng, because, why not? (rethorical question )
    There s no reason to not communicate with others ooC while playing my Char iC, so for sure I m going to keep world and sometimes advertise there.

I don t use discord, but channels inGame are a wonderful thing.
    Last edited by Celandril; Nov 24 2018 at 02:35 AM.
    // playing as Findémorë on Ithil
    english and german RP//

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdBreakfast View Post
    You clearly know nothing about the rp community on Lotro, if you think we'e going to be striking up rp in world chat. If you'd bothered to read the thread before you posted, you'd have seen that people are suggesting setting up a dedicated rp channel. The only person mentioning world chat is you.
    well, on Ithil just now I saw the following "striking up rp in world chat", which inspired me to look up if Ithil was an official RP server. The names were removed to protect the guilty.
    [World] xxxxxx: 'appropriate race and name, yyyyyy'

In my opinion, unless it is a RP supported server there should be criticism of non-LOTRO names/races in world chat, even if they are referencing the Game of Thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdBreakfast View Post
    I for one moved over to Ithil as a result of this thread.

Believe it or not, many people like to play the game on level, and rp as well. Hence the rpers who are playing on the legendary servers.

The point of having Ithil as an 'unofficial' rp server, is that rpers who are playing on the legendary servers can gather in one place. It does not effect anyone else at all, and certainly does not prevent any non-rper from playing how they like on the server.

As for scaring people away - that is frankly laughable, as the only intimidation I've ever seen attempted is from the other direction. If you don't want to rp that's great, but let those who do rp organise amongst themselves and play the way they want to play. It's easy for you to group up and play the game how you like. You should let others do the same.
    This is why I made this thread! I figured also since it was the second Leggo server it would be a little more laid back and a little less populous which I thought would help foster an RP community a little better.

So I wanted to get in on the ground floor, so to speak, almost as soon as Ithil opened, so that people who were interested in where the RP community would settle would all congregate in the same place. (which was in large part the reason Land was the unofficial RP server way way way back in the beginning. But I can't remember if there was a forum vote or not, I do recall some of the discussion. Vaguely)

Though I'm sure there's RP on Anor too!

But yeah, no one is gonna shove RP in someone's face, but they'll be out there in the world, just doing their thing.

I play on ithil and while i support you in your right to roleplay please do not subject me to it. I have no interest in role play.
    Thanks for this comment. You made an inherently boring thread which I nearly skipped reading, into a reminder of the fun you can have with RP's when they emerge from their alter egos. The speed and vitriol that they came back at you reminded me of that awesome thread a few years back on whether to start re-enforcing naming police on Laurelin. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by vms4ever View Post
    In my opinion, unless it is a RP supported server
    In my opinion there is already an official RP server and a RE server... We don't need any more rule sets. If they were going to designate that then it should have been done at inception.

But to put Teyaha mind at ease, I play main account on Laurelin and I have rarely seen any RP out of the likes of Shire taverns or Bree. And they certainly don't interact with you, especially if you don't have rp flagged.... They are a good and quiet bunch on the whole.
    Last edited by TearMaker; Dec 30 2018 at 02:54 AM. Reason: name spelling
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

I really like this idea, have applied at the website, would love to be apart of it.

Ok, I put my application in with my character being named Danolas... couldnt use that name so I am now Aerolas hope to see ya'll soon

Aerolas (in game)
    Last edited by OAKTHORNE; Jan 06 2019 at 10:24 AM.

Just to let people know, We do have a Discord for the RP community of Ithil. PM me if you want an invite.

Suilad. I'm also thinking of making an Elvish RP Kinship, but elvish exclusively. But we're going to need people to do such a thing. I just moved to Ithil from Anor. You can find me in game if you're interested in the idea. (Character name is Glinthir)

Just relocated from Anor as well.
    Character name is Arlezza.

Quote Originally Posted by Marku85 View Post
    Just to let people know, We do have a Discord for the RP community of Ithil. PM me if you want an invite.
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by hank8989 View Post
    "Scare", how exactly? I have a feeling that many people who are scared of RP have too little knowledge about it in the first place. And RP is not required in Laurelin either. All that's required from the non roleplayers is to respect what they do, and not to be a griefer, in an official roleplay server or not.

Live and let live.
    'Amdir we call it, "looking up". But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is "trust". It is not defeated by ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and first being.'

In Laurelin - Lover of Tolkien's lore

Quote Originally Posted by Aedon View Post
    Anor has just as much RP and polite players. One thing you need to do as on any server though is to immediately turn off world and LFF channels. They will drive you crazy.
    I would have agreed, but the Legendary servers seem to have proven me wrong. Both Anor and Ithil have a decent and mature community it seems. I have yet to see any political discussions, I have yet to see any epeen stuff, ... The only time I saw something I kind of felt uncalled for was when a guy on Anor was advertising his Twitch channel. He wasn't spamming, yet people jumped him regardless. But other than that; nothing but decent chat.

Edit; a little more on topic; I have been checking /world for the past 2-3 days every couple of hours for active RP kins and I have yet to see a response. So honest question; is RP even a thing on Ithil? I transferred because of it, so I hope it is, but so far no signs whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambruyn View Post
    I would have agreed, but the Legendary servers seem to have proven me wrong. Both Anor and Ithil have a decent and mature community it seems. I have yet to see any political discussions, I have yet to see any epeen stuff, ... The only time I saw something I kind of felt uncalled for was when a guy on Anor was advertising his Twitch channel. He wasn't spamming, yet people jumped him regardless. But other than that; nothing but decent chat.

Edit; a little more on topic; I have been checking /world for the past 2-3 days every couple of hours for active RP kins and I have yet to see a response. So honest question; is RP even a thing on Ithil? I transferred because of it, so I hope it is, but so far no signs whatsoever.

Inevitably wrong thou art, Human.Regardless of the server and so called "mature community" one will come across Religion,Politics or common trash talk,calling out players and so on. Ithil was never exception to the rule, perhaps in a first few weeks because I have been on every single day for 7-10 hours.

Of course they will unleash their hate and frustration it happened to me many times. People are sensitive to other's different goals,achievements and they do not love exceptions. I will post any video and link my chat every day if I want even if they are all against me,because it is absurd and foolish to retaliate with insults.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast