We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I can concur that the community on Global chat of Ithil is very mature. I haven't been on Anor enough to say much about it but they seem nice over there too. RP feels alittle dead on Ithil as i think people went back to their old servers.

RP and performing arts

Hey fellow Ithilians,

Just wanted to let you know of a hobby project I'm working on atm, a software that would assist greatly with performing plays in groups.
    As there is no way in LOTRO itself to synchronize speech and emotes within groups, like there is with music, it will be an extra software that simply uses the keyboard driver to 'type' text and other commands in chat and have that synchronized in time and between performers.

Step 1: Sending text to chat and timing that output for solo use as well as using hotkeys for operation.
    Step 2: Extend to being able to play ABC files.
    Step 3: Reading the play from a simple text-file that holds the whole play and restricting processing to a single actor/musician role.
    Step 4: Possibility of a single 'director' which acts as a hub for interconnecting multiple agents as actors/musicians as well as having influence on the flow, pause/resume and those things.

As I'm aware that 1-3 can be easily done with the tool AutoHotkey, I'm not so sure about 4. My research and prototypes will tell...

Anyway, I thought this may be of interest for roleplaying.

Have fun in middle earth and see you around!
    /Gutur

Quote Originally Posted by GuturYeshe View Post
    Just wanted to let you know of a hobby project I'm working on atm, a software that would assist greatly with performing plays in groups...
    Hey everyone, me again!
    Just wanted to let people know that the first version for solo performances is almost finished. Currently I'm testing on Ithil when I find time, fine-tuning and adding small helpful features.
    I know this could easily be done with an AddOn but it's the groundwork for the bigger software for theatric performances with a troupe.
    Once I'm satisfied with stability and functionality I'll put the software on github. I will let you all know here!
    /Gutur

I RP my character(s) but I DON'T RP on any of the chat channels. Why? because to me, RP is only in /say. I stay in character in my locality because to her, that is ALL that is around me at that time. And yes, to me, my character(s) belong to a very old family in Gondor that originally came from Arthedain before the fall of Fornost. As far as I am concerned, my characters are Dunedain even if the game does not recognize this.
    Bryannil Eketta on Brandywine
    Bryaniel Eketta on Ithil
    Shin Ki-jun on Turbine's Asheron's Call Morningthaw Server
    Member of The Fellowship of the Rogues on the Brandywine Server

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3