We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shield use rank on the belts

Please change the shield use rank on the li belts to something useful.
    It's a pain onthe ### to have a headstat on a li which is worth nothing anymore.
    Something as finesse would fit perfectly. 100 finesse per rank is fair.

actually I enjoy not needing to use crystals on them

I prefer to spend a few each update as have to spend dozens in the past for nothing.

+1 I agree give us something useful like incoming healing/finesse/bpe. Just something.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDuckTape View Post
    +1 I agree give us something useful like incoming healing/finesse/bpe. Just something.
    Agree, incoming healing would be great.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

+1 for Incoming Healing or Finesse.

But whatever you do, do NOT make that legacy rating based. That is what we have on Champion runes, and it is a mess - you get something pitiful like 2% incoming healing even if you stuff 25 crystals into your rune. I'd rather see flat percentage values - maybe 5% base and 0.1 - 0.2 % increase per crystal. (And if you pull that off, please change champ rune accordingly.)
    Last edited by Gorikon; Jan 22 2019 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Typos.

Cool

Finesse or inc. Heal would be perfect.... it's just stupid that shield use rank is useful for only one of three skill-tree

Quote Originally Posted by domehehe View Post
    it's just stupid that shield use rank is useful for only one of three skill-tree
    Not exactly. It used to boost shield skills (and warchant). When Vastin reworked the Guard, he detached shield skills and WC from shield use rank. Which means that shield use rank is useful for zero of three skill trees now.

agree! plz change it or make it usefull!!!!!!!!!!!
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Vastin's comment in may 2018 when he started revamping Guardians:
    Shield Use is effectively obsolete for the time being (weapon damage applies instead). We're evaluating what to do with it currently as it has never scaled properly with our other systems.

Shield Use has been obsolete for far too long now, Vastin please put something useful in there when T3 raid launches. Hopefully one of these:
    Finesse
    Incoming Healing
    Mitigations (or Armour Rating)

Cool

Agreed! It has been too long. Finesse would be my first choice.

* nudge *

Just a friendly reminder @Vastin. Thanks!

my vote goes for Finess , and trie to slip that change in with the minstrel changes , shudnt require too much coding

Agreed +1, it's amazing (and sad) to have a class LI with a main stat that does literally nothing.

Please add Finess to belt shield use rank !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shudnt be hard to make that quick change , would make lots people happy

Came out of lurking to support the idea. The fact that the issue has not been resolved for such a long time is a disgraced. SSG, please bear in mind that some people invested a lot of time - and potentially money - to rank up the ability which you rendered useless. This has to get a priorioty for some of the next updates.

It sounds crazy this situation.... this is our main leg.... I would love to have it replaced by incoming heal leg.
    Crono - www.loupsardents.com

Toward the beginning of May 2018, Vastin wrote the following on the Bullroarer forums regarding the Guardian balance pass:

Shield Use is effectively obsolete for the time being (weapon damage applies instead). We're evaluating what to do with it currently as it has never scaled properly with our other systems.
    In early June 2018, Update 22.2 was released. Fifteen months later, and our hard earned crystals still mean nothing on our class items. Any chance this can get looked into?

Just copy paste the incoming healing from Champ Rune to our guard belts and I will be happy
    Lvl 130 Guard - Olebenny || Lvl 130 Guard - Theoderad || Lvl 130 Guard - Estelrian || Lvl 130 Captain - Galtherium || Lvl 130 Runekeeper - Leegun || Lvl 130 Mini - Nathorean || Lvl 130 Champion - Cephrial
    Leader of Raiders Beneath the Shadow - Arkenstone
    What more does one need in LotRO than a lot of morale and a shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Olebenny View Post
    Just copy paste the incoming healing from Champ Rune to our guard belts and I will be happy
    Maxed out champ rune gives about 2% IH (that's 'free' + star-lit unlocked tiers), but yeah, I guess it's better than nothing.

Even 1000 Vita for a maxed would be fine. Or 10k crit/ 15k mastery/ 10k finesse. Everything which isn´t complete useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Even 1000 Vita for a maxed would be fine. Or 10k crit/ 15k mastery/ 10k finesse. Everything which isn´t complete useless.
    I definitely wouldnt want crit or mastery. Finesse would be cool though
    Lvl 130 Guard - Olebenny || Lvl 130 Guard - Theoderad || Lvl 130 Guard - Estelrian || Lvl 130 Captain - Galtherium || Lvl 130 Runekeeper - Leegun || Lvl 130 Mini - Nathorean || Lvl 130 Champion - Cephrial
    Leader of Raiders Beneath the Shadow - Arkenstone
    What more does one need in LotRO than a lot of morale and a shield?

No. Just no to copy/paste. Incoming Healing on Champ Rune is one of the worst main legacy there is, because it is rating based. It is in a really bad state now, it maxxes out at around 2% incoming healing with 25 crystals. (That's 2% IH for 25 crystals together. Not per crystal.) With the next level cap raise / stat bloat, it probably will max out at 1% with 30 crystals invested. At the moment, stuffing crystals into a champ rune is nearly as useless as stuffing it into a guard belt.

That's why I vote for a percentage based legacy. Those don't have scaling issues. A flat percentage bonus to incoming healing or finesse would be nice. Incoming healing would be the easiest, since there are a lot of effects that add % IH and coud be used as a template. Finesse would be a little bit harder to implement, since there isn't something like a flat % bonus to finesse in the game (that I'm aware of), but I don't see why it couldn't be added.

I'm tending towards finesse, since Guards are already the sturdiest tanks in the game and don't neccessarily need more healing. Finesse, on the other hand, is hard to bring to a decent value when playing blue line, and also benefits red line. (Not sure about yellow, never played that.)

I definitely wouldnt want crit or mastery. Finesse would be cool though
    Yeah I know, I just name them to show that even the less needed stats would be better as the useless shield use rank.
    But for crit, be able to reach in taking 25% chance + 8% from spikes would he nice each third (target) of shield smash would get a critical hit. Without sacrificing to much defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxlne View Post
    Vastin's comment in may 2018 when he started revamping Guardians:

Shield Use has been obsolete for far too long now, Vastin please put something useful in there when T3 raid launches. Hopefully one of these:
    Finesse
    Incoming Healing
    Mitigations (or Armour Rating)
    Has anything ever been said about Guardians shield use rank on a LI belt after noted it is obsolete?

Quote Originally Posted by Woldo View Post
    Has anything ever been said about Guardians shield use rank on a LI belt after noted it is obsolete?
    Say said they make it obsolete and calculatet the dmg with the dps of the mainhand. and would change it. but year after year nothing happens. My guess they forget it.
    A blue name response to this thema and what it´s the plan would be nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast