We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Lord of the Rings on Prime

I will try to keep this thread as updated as possible on any and all info related to the Lord of the Rings television show coming out via Amazon!

Facebook -- Twitter -- Instagram -- Amazon

Map spoiler from Facebook users:

Timeline teaser: Calenardhon was the first name of the lands of Rohan, when it was still a part of the kingdom of Gondor. The name, in Sindarin, means 'the Green Region' or 'the Green Province,' and was an area of great, grassy, sparsely-populated plains west of Anórien and to the north of the White Mountains. This area of Gondor was an area of constant incursion, and, during the reign of the Steward Cirion, it came under attack from the Balchoth. In order to drive back the invaders, Gondor called upon the Éothéod for aid; the horsemen, under Eorl the Young, were successful in vanquishing the enemy at the Field of Celebrant. After the battle, what would become the people of the Rohirrim were ceded these lands by Cirion in return for their assistance in guarding the northern marches, as well as the Gap of Rohan, against invaders.
    Amazon is spending at least a billion dollars on the show. $250 million for the rights, and another $750 million for 6 seasons.

Amazon is keeping their writers locked in a room with no natural light and you need a fingerprint to get in once you get past the security guard. They are also going to meet with Tolkien's relatives for dinner to see some art and other things that have never been shown publicly.

Jesus from The Walking Dead claims Amazon is having Aragorn tryouts.

LOTR TV Series in talks with Government
    Last edited by Varkking; Mar 09 2019 at 05:00 PM.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

Cool! Thanks for posting this. Updates on this have been rather scarce.
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    Those forests and mountains way over to the east look very interesting... I think that's new geography.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Those forests and mountains way over to the east look very interesting... I think that's new geography.
    I was wondering that too you don't see the mountains and trees East of Rhun on most maps, the only map i know of is from the Atlas of Middle-Earth book.

Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Feb 15 2019 at 10:04 PM.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Other places are saying they think its the Red Mountains? Not sure but it is a really fun time to speculate right now.

Anytime man! I am super pumped for the show. I know a lot of people are worried but I want as much Tolkien as I can get.

I have read that people think that land to the west of the Shire is missing that went poof before the second age was over so the show likely takes place in the second or third age. Its possible that land to the east could be where the Dwarves started.

when i first read their pages on this i read it as Lotro n Prime.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    when i first read their pages on this i read it as Lotro n Prime.
    Hopefully others read it that way as well and come see what this game is all about lol

I was wondering that too you don't see the mountains and trees East of Rhun on most maps, the only map i know of is from the Atlas of Middle-Earth book.

I always loved this map. Man, I would love to see Harad.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Oh yeah. I like it a lot.

Two things to consider here: it's been said that the early focus of the series will be a young Aragorn and then his words from Fotr 'I have crossed many mountains and many rivers, and trodden many plains, even into the far countries of Rhûn and Harad where the stars are strange.'

I'm in!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Two things to consider here: it's been said that the early focus of the series will be a young Aragorn and then his words from Fotr 'I have crossed many mountains and many rivers, and trodden many plains, even into the far countries of Rhûn and Harad where the stars are strange.'

I'm in!
    Yeah I am with you there. Exploring more Middle Earth is always welcomed here.

I'm in!
    ah yeah i kinda remember this, been awhile since read the book but what he says here sounds is very interesting and most likely the direction Amazon is going!

Also I wonder if he will be called "Thorongil" cause that's who he was for awhile when he went to Rohan and Gondor serving the lords, which had some battle.

Also I wonder if he will be called "Thorongil" cause that's who he was for awhile when he went to Rohan and Gondor serving the lords, which had some battle.
    I think they will try to do justice to the lore with the show so hopefully little things like this will indeed be a part of it.

The original post has been updated to show some new text added to the map in a new tweet!

Somebody on Reddit pointed this out:

Rohan is still "Calenardhon", so we're talking about the time before the Battle on the field of Celebrant in T.A. 2510, after which the Eorlingas settled there?

Quote Originally Posted by Varkking View Post

Rohan is still "Calenardhon", so we're talking about the time before the Battle on the field of Celebrant in T.A. 2510, after which the Eorlingas settled there?
    That's interesting. now i wonder where its going, perhaps they just want to tease and add more to the map overtime like towns, mountains, rivers etc.

Looks like they keeping any stories a secret and from leaking out, but writing is going on, and they have some creative work they won't show yet except to the Tolkien family.

https://amp-businessinsider-com.cdn....rom%20%251%24s

Salke also said that Tolkein's descendants are going to spend some time with Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.

"His daughters and the grandchildren, they're coming to New York, and Jeff Bezos, me, Jeff Blackburn, a team of us are going and they've invited us to a dinner and see some art, some creative work that they haven't shown the world yet," she said.

https://amp-businessinsider-com.cdn....rom%20%251%24s

Amazon Studios boss Jennifer Salke has revealed that the firm is going to extraordinary lengths to keep its "Lord of the Rings" series under wraps.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, she said the show's writers are being kept in a secure room with no natural light in order to prevent leaks. She said:

"There's a fantastic writers room working under lock and key. They're already generating really exciting material. They're down in Santa Monica. You have to go through such clearance, and they have all their windows taped closed. And there's a security guard that sits outside, and you have to have a fingerprint to get in there, because their whole board is up on a thing of the whole season."

Salke also said that Tolkein's descendants are going to spend some time with Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.

"His daughters and the grandchildren, they're coming to New York, and Jeff Bezos, me, Jeff Blackburn, a team of us are going and they've invited us to a dinner and see some art, some creative work that they haven't shown the world yet," she said.

Amazon revealed it had bought the rights to adapt JRR Tolkien's fantasy epic into a multi-season TV series in November 2017. The company announced in July last year that it had selected writing duo, JD Payne and Patrick McKay, to head up the project.

Now Amazon seems to be starting the process of ramping up the hype, as on Friday it released an interactive map of Middle Earth.
    The part about seeing never before seen works has me intrigued.

The part about seeing never before seen works has me intrigued.
    Same here and also from what i remember reading, it is going to be Produced in-part by the Tolkien Estate, so they they have some grasp in this work i assume.

A lot of this news lately has given me hope that they are going to show some respect for the lore and not just cast it aside to make good TV.

So maybe not young Aragorn then. Still a very cool time period for story-telling though.

Erionor is offline Captain of Gondor, showed quality
    I’ll be excited to see this series too. I just hope they keep it clean and don’t try and go all “Game of Thrones” to jump on the populist bandwagon.

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

I doubt it will have much in the way of language and sex scenes and for anyone who has read the lore there shouldn't really be any surprises in terms of deaths.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast