We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varkking View Post
    I doubt it will have much in the way of language and sex scenes and for anyone who has read the lore there shouldn't really be any surprises in terms of deaths.
    I hope they stick to lore as much as possible and don't try to make it "politically correct".

I will update the OP with the new map shortly. There are a handful of smaller town names that have been added.
    Varkking - Dwarf Rune-Keeper - Syndicate - Anor Server
    Moderator of Lord of the Rings On Prime Subreddit.

The map says "Laurelindórenan" so its before Galadriel and Celeborn became the lord and lady.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

The fact that they chose to use the names Calenardhon (name that has been used since even before Gondor was created to talk about the region that is now Rohan) and Laurelindórenan (name that was used before Galadriel and Celeborn became the leaders in Lórien) makes me think that this map is showing Middle-earth during the time the Rings of Power were created.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXYMOX View Post
    The fact that they chose to use the names Calenardhon (name that has been used since even before Gondor was created to talk about the region that is now Rohan) and Laurelindórenan (name that was used before Galadriel and Celeborn became the leaders in Lórien) makes me think that this map is showing Middle-earth during the time the Rings of Power were created.
    This is honestly what I am hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXYMOX View Post
    If they are interviewing folks to play Aragorn (aged 87 at the time of LOTR) and he is a focus point of the series, then a story based in the time when the rings were created seems a bit too early.

But who knows how the story will bounce around...it may cover threads from many different times.

It's fun to speculate.

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    If they are interviewing folks to play Aragorn (aged 87 at the time of LOTR) and he is a focus point of the series, then a story based in the time when the rings were created seems a bit too early.

But who knows how the story will bounce around...it may cover threads from many different times.

It's fun to speculate.

Hopefully you're right and they'll be covering a broad sweep of Middle-earth's history. The alternative is that they might try to shoehorn young Aragorn into the timeline of the forging of the rings. Hopefully they'll be a little more respectful with the lore than to try that.

And yes, it is fun to speculate, isn't it
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

I am hoping it was more of that actor hoping to get a spot on the show and not them actually looking for Aragorn actors. I think the show would be far more fascinating if it were before his time.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainmen...os-stay-secret

New article about filming and the potential for unions and such.

Numenor added to the map. And Amazon also all but confirmed in a follow up tweet that this will take place during the second age.

Quote Originally Posted by Varkking View Post
    Numenor added to the map. And Amazon also all but confirmed in a follow up tweet that this will take place during the second age.
    It's sounding better all the time
    - Will Rogers

Second Age = Awesomesauce
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

If you guys are looking for a place to discuss some of these things with a little more activity there is a subreddit in my sig that posts all of these updated the minute they come out but I will continue to post updates here, on thetolkienforum and theonering sites.

There's a discussion, with Prof Olsen and others, about what may be in the upcoming series based on what's shown on the maps here - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/393735990

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    There's a discussion, with Prof Olsen and others, about what may be in the upcoming series based on what's shown on the maps here - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/393735990
    I was thinking about the same that amazon has either bought the rights to the Unfinished Tales or that the Tolkien Estate is just letting them use certain names...

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Saw this Posted looks like they will be using New Zealand again, just a bit of news https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/en...llion-tv-show/

Hum.

After finding out that they aren't the talk of the day any more, they decided: if there aren't any substantial news, just feed them trifles, didn't they?

Greetings Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

A bit more news - J.A. Bayona To Direct Amazon Series (well, the first 2 episodes, apparently).

https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-lor...na-1202640048/

Even more news someone named, Markella Kavenagh is reported to play a character named Tyra. I am guessing soon more cast will be revealed be interesting to see who else.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/lor...gh-1203268175/

Amazon made video announcing who all the writers, producers are etc looks like they got some good writers for this Imo

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Amazon made video announcing who all the writers, producers are etc looks like they got some good writers for this Imo

They hired Tom Shippey, so the show can't be too bad. That guy really knows Tolkien's stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hensibert View Post
    They hired Tom Shippey, so the show can't be too bad. That guy really knows Tolkien's stuff.
    Definitely, and with John Howe heading up the design team it should at least 'look' familiar to many of us long time Tolkien fans
    - Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Hensibert View Post
    That they did and shortly after release of Promo Tom Shippey did an interview about LOTRonPrime https://www.tolkiengesellschaft.de/3...QWKIosTF1AmZp4

It ain't really new news now, but I think it's a pretty cool cross-fandom kinda thing. Will Poulter who played Eustace in Voyage of the Dawn Treader has been cast for the series. I like this a lot.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/lor...st-1203321951/
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast