We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    Time for another clue maybe??

She had a nice ring..

Erionor is offline Captain of Gondor, showed quality
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykatt View Post
    Time for another clue maybe??

She had a nice ring..

Haha I was going to take a guess at the last clue but then forgot...

Who is Galadriel?

I’m an alien, an illegal alien: I’m a Gondorian Captain in Rohan...

Seemed like it was too tough maybe at first, but was fun!! All yours, take The Stick & have some fun,too!!

Seemed like it was too tough maybe at first, but was fun!! All yours, take The Stick & have some fun,too!!
    The man, or rather being, who knew too much (or too little...)

Who was Radagast the Brown?

"He was little concerned with the affairs of Men and Elves but was far more knowledgeable in plants, birds and beasts in the forest."

Who was Radagast the Brown?

"He was little concerned with the affairs of Men and Elves but was far more knowledgeable in plants, birds and beasts in the forest."
    Good guess and quite close, but not the one...

Wild guess...
    Who is Saruman??

Wild guess...
    Who is Saruman??
    Sorry, totally missed your reply - seems there have been a lot of new threads in the last few days. Can’t imagine why...

You are absolutely right! He thought he knew everything, but in fact he was deceived and only knew what Sauron wanted him to know.

Your turn!

Don't mind waiting, there IS a lot going on at the moment, apparently..lol!!

Here's the next one.
    Golden strands encased in crystal, given as a gift.

Don't mind waiting, there IS a lot going on at the moment, apparently..lol!!

Here's the next one.
    Golden strands encased in crystal, given as a gift.
    Who is Gimli? Galadriel gave three hairs to him as a gift, later set in crystal as good will between the mountains and the woods.
    Last edited by Pontin_Finnberry; Jun 07 2019 at 01:14 AM.
    Pontin Level 140 Hobbit Burglar Leader of Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server.
    other classes: Minstrel, Guardian, Captain, Hunter.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

I thought this one would be rather easy...but a fun one! The Stick is all yours, now..have fun with it!

alright Here's one

Man the mortal whom a king slayed a beast upon which death followed afterwards.

Taken many Screenshots of Middle-earth, Also a Moderator of the LotRO Community Discord server

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    alright Here's one

Man the mortal whom a king slayed a beast upon which death followed afterwards.
    time for a hint? Thirteenth king of mammals

Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    time for a hint? Thirteenth king of mammals
    Oh man... here I thought I had an idea and now I am still lost.

But I buzzed in so "Who is Théoden?"

...when in doubt...twirl...
    Crickhollow: Wisa/Weesa, Elvisa/Elvysa and many other Elv's, Reaboj, Sunberry, Altheah, Ooma's and some others. Landroval: Sunnberry, Raynbel, Starberry, Burraberry, Sugarree, Magnolia, and a bunch of others too. Anor: Elviska, Wisa, Elvisa, and more. Laurelin: Sunberry, Wisaberry, Elvisa Gwaihir: Sunberry. Belegaer: Sunberry.
    Sirannon: Sunberry. Treebeard: Wisa,Moonberry, Sunberry, Wisaberry, Elvisa and more. Brandywine: Raynberry

Quote Originally Posted by Reaboj View Post
    Oh man... here I thought I had an idea and now I am still lost.

But I buzzed in so "Who is Théoden?"
    very good guess, but nope as he is not the Thirteenth king! Hint: he was a hunter

Who is Folca?
    He became King of Rohan at age 47, after his father was killed by an orc.

A great hunter, he famously cleared Rohan of the scourge of the Orcs to avenge his father. He rode to hunt the monstrous Boar of Everholt, but suffered a mortal wound from the beast's tusks.
    Last edited by kittykatt; Jun 09 2019 at 11:27 PM.

Who is Folca?
    He became King of Rohan at age 47, after his father was killed by an orc.

A great hunter, he famously cleared Rohan of the scourge of the Orcs to avenge his father. He rode to hunt the monstrous Boar of Everholt, but suffered a mortal wound from the beast's tusks.
    Thats the one!, your turn

Cool

Sorry I am late with this one, Real Life had me tied up for a few days...lol!!

A small, star shaped yellow flower...

What is Elanor?

- I remembered how I had to pick flowers in Lothlorien for a bouquet, and distribute them among the elves of Lothlorien (old Lorien daily). IIRC one of the two species is called Elanor. Isn't there even a moment when you hand one to Aragorn, who starts musing over it?

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Scared people tend to follow the flock, no matter which shepherd it has

Smile

You have a "nose" for the flowers.lol..

As far as the quest, I prob missed that one..will look for it, sounds fun!!
    ..love those tender moments in the game..

The Stick is yours, have fun!

Actually, I cannot even tell if you are bringing a flower. I can say for sure that you are sent to him, to ask why he doesn't leave his place and talk to Arwen. While is saying his reply, he is holding this flower.

So my 'answer' is:

Although he is by now known to most people, especially after Jackson had made the movies, he doesn't turn up in the books in person.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Awkward Anomalities Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval) - Elderslade under attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    Actually, I cannot even tell if you are bringing a flower. I can say for sure that you are sent to him, to ask why he doesn't leave his place and talk to Arwen. While is saying his reply, he is holding this flower.

So my 'answer' is:

Although he is by now known to most people, especially after Jackson had made the movies, he doesn't turn up in the books in person.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Who is Radagast the Brown?

He has a big role in The Hobbit movies, but this is the only time his name is mentioned in the book:

“I am a wizard,” continued Gandalf. “I have heard of you, if you have not heard of me; but perhaps you have heard of my good cousin Radagast who lives near the Southern borders of Mirkwood?”
    “Yes; not a bad fellow as wizards go, I believe. I used to see him now and again,” said Beorn. “Well, now I know who you are, or who you say you are. What do you want?”

Excerpt From: J. R. R. Tolkien. “The Hobbit.”

Actually he is mentioned a second time, when Gandalf explains why he came so late to Elrond's council in Rivendell.

But you are right, it was Radagast that I had in mind.

In Lotr, Gandalf reports how he met Radagast near Bree.
    'I turned then east and north and journeyed along the Greenway; and not far from Bree I came upon a traveller sitting on a bank beside the road with his grazing horse beside him. It was Radagast the Brown, who at one time dwelt at Rhosgobel, near the borders of Mirkwood.'

Greetings, Polymachos

Quote Originally Posted by Polymachos View Post
    Actually he is mentioned a second time, when Gandalf explains why he came so late to Elrond's council in Rivendell.

But you are right, it was Radagast that I had in mind.

In Lotr, Gandalf reports how he met Radagast near Bree.
    'I turned then east and north and journeyed along the Greenway; and not far from Bree I came upon a traveller sitting on a bank beside the road with his grazing horse beside him. It was Radagast the Brown, who at one time dwelt at Rhosgobel, near the borders of Mirkwood.'

Greetings, Polymachos
    Of course, yes! I was just talking about the hobbit.

Next one:

Probably the greatest musician in the universe.

What was the Music of the Ainur? (It took place before Time began, from which Ea, the material Universe, was created.)

Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast