We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by scorrp10 View Post
    Sounds like you want to move to Everquest.

Gotta warn though, EQ crafting system is downright brutal.
    ROTFLMO
    I played EQ1 1999 til WoW came out. {I used to have been the source for the Allakhazam image of a velium cestus I made =) } I have no words for how I felt about the higher levels of crafting when you could hit the button to craft and *fizzle* and lose mats I took hours if not days to farm.

I don't care how long it takes to farm stuff, not losing mats is amazing. Though the raid only mats are freaking annoying, I did my time raiding in EQ1, WoW and Eve Online, I am old and tired of raiding. Yet nobody is selling the raid drop mats, I did find one bit of fluff selling for 650 gold - and I would need 3 [or 4, can't remember offhand, for a shield for my guardian] and unless I want to spend my time grinding vendor trash for ~15 an hour, those damned drops of honey that only occasionally sell for 50 gold but may take an hour to find one in a woodpile, or farming and cooking something insanely complex I have to raid. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by eanamdar View Post
    I miss the excitement of trying different component combinations to discover new recipes. I also miss sub-components in weapon on armor crafting, sending serious time making awesome items. I truly enjoyed crafting when top end gear was made from a combination of items obtained from the environment, taking hours of exploring and harvesting from resource nodes (not drops). This game used to have one of the best crafting systems ever, but alas crafting has been essentially removed. All we do now is simple combines of raid and/or instance dropped items, which isn't crafting.

Please bring back real crafting.

I agree , up to and including Tier 9 the crafting actually has meaning, after that it's pointless for the most part since there is no reason to craft anything since BLACK STEEL KEYS open loot boxes that were introduced to the game a few years ago.
    why craft when you can just, wait for it...buy keys from the Lotro store...and there is the main reason we don't have crafting that means anything anymore except a few items here and there and of course. END GAME rep grind items that only a select few can craft.

we won't see crafted armour that is viable for any new tiers as long as Black steel keys are only available from the lotro store. Pay wall is your answer.

IMHO crafting in Lotro in the middle, I give it 6/10. We don't have 10000000 ingredients what fill all our inventory, and we don't need hours to craft 1 item, but in same time we can't do anything unique, impressive.

Main problem what they already try many things with craft. They need find their way and stick with it. We already have soooo many complicated mini-systems in the game. Of course it can be good if they create something impressive for T14 craft in Gundabad, as example, but most of chances what this sytem will be fast forgotten and overhauled in T15. Like why cooks have different amount of food types on every tier? We don't know. Why scholars don't have anything usefull in Minas Morgul? It was asked 100 times and we still don't know answer. Why we need 10 ingots to craft ring, and in next tier we need 50 ingots to craft ring? It's same ring, with same size and same weight, after all!

Well now they changed the LI system and nerfed all of the items and LI recipes I EARNED. What a waste of time crafting for the last 13 years. Thanks for nothing. May have to try New World. SSG has destroyed the content by forcing Rep grinding. The game went from Sandbox to Linear (follow the Rep grinding).

After the LI revamp crafting guilds seem even more useless then before.
    Please bring back the fun in crafting without the need to grind endlessly for landscape equipment. There are so few good recipies out there after Rohan it's just sad. Especially for casual players that don't do instances and raids. Not all of us love major group content.
    German HdRO-Guide. Für alles rund ums Spielvergnügen!

i think LOTRO and 15 years of legacy systems is just to much for SSG to keep up with.

the always rising values on stats and level items make that brief top of the line crafted gear you made at 450 on expansion release obsolete when loot box/instance drops or whatnot move up to 455 then to 460 etc etc.

that being said, low level crafted gear is fine for landscape you can practically be naked and run landscape quests so you can craft your own gear thats relevant but,

the days of crafting BiS gear have gone away and all thats really useful for me is crafting consumables for sale or personal use

and TBH crafting BiS gear in the past was a major PITA since it always involved some rare shard or ingredient drop from a special mob that was camped to death.

does no one remember fighting hordes of gold farmers for spawn drops? or even resources like mining nodes? NO thanks

Mortem Tyrannis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2