We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Burglar approaching Moria level

All I've done with my Burglar until now is class quests and crafting. She's approaching Moria at this point and with all the changes, I'm wondering if this is a good time to play her for a while, maybe all the way to Rohan or more if it's fun. Surprisingly quiet on here about the changes, what did people think about them?

It is rather quiet in here considering that Burglars just received a DPS increase and several nice updates to their skills.

I haven't had a chance to tinker yet. Hoping that Blue Line tweaks are as good as they sound. I like the idea of a HoT you can trigger other than Mischievous Glee in Yellow in the form of a Gamble cash in. That in addition to the healing you receive from dodging should help survivability. Doesn't look as if Red line is receiving any new healing though which has always been a bit of a problem.
    Faith cannot be measured, Hope cannot be touched and Love cannot be contained.

I play red line burg. I'm not impressed with the update. At level 33 I'm still standing around being hit by the mob I'm fighting waiting for my skill cool downs so I can hit the mob again.
    The red line opening skill relies too much on criting, and if the rng God doesn't like you, well you are out of luck. Oh, and I have equipt any kind of crit chance item I can find. Still doesn't help much.
    I have much respect for Vastin, but I think he's too focused on the higher levels and raiding.

I'm in Moria

Last time I played it was a while ago, and I forgot that I left my burglar in Moria. Now that I'm back again... did Moria change a lot in the last year or is it still the same for Buglars? Beause my memories of Moria are not the best ones .

Moria burgled

My Burglar recently passed through Moria, most of the solo quests in the place are a doddle. The place is big, probably took me a week to do all the solo quests & enter Lothlorien...but I've still to finish lots of the instance based quests.

I routinely closed out quests that are 2 or 3 levels above him without much difficulty & continued doing that all thru most of Lothlorien, Mirkwood, Enedwaith & Dunland.

The (many, many) fellowship quests however are a different matter as well as some of the dailies in the place. Some of the dailies (the ones reward with buffs to items) are a bit of a challenge on level & getting fellowship groups at the right time & level an uphill struggle.

Only things I didn't like about Moria was routinely getting lost, especially going from 21st hall to the flaming deeps (to do the compendium daily) & falling or being thrown over sheer drops (happens a lot in the instances)
    No King, No Law, Utopia!

Moria is a Burglar's playground

I've been updating my progress through Moria in order to get a trait point and to get to Mirkwood. With the narrower passages in Moria being more of a challenge for sneaking, your Burglar will actually get more skilled in judging agro distance and walking in Sneak very close to the mobs. It does make it a bit harder to get the right position without using Diversion, but with only a 20s cooldown, you can use it often and aggressively.

With the Burglar overhaul, Burgs do more damage with their base attack damage and less with bleeds. This definitely bolsters the Red line but hinders the Blue line (which I still play in groups). A Red specced Burglar can often one-shot foes in Moria with proper set up, and still get 50% - 65% damage down on the first shot under less ideal procs. Tactical use of Knives Out can waste trash mobs and put some good hurt on bigger foes. Blue Burglars kill slower and die slower, but are very survivable in Moria to the point where you really don't worry much about getting hurt.

If you're running solo, then between Provoke, Hide in Plain Site, Touch and Go, Ready and Able, and either Blind Bet/Hedge Your Bet in Blue or Knives Out in Red, you have a lot of survivability options.

If you're going into an area cluttered with mobs, go Blue trait and use All In often. If clearing foes one at a time, go Red and get the backstabs in. You'll find Moria is not hard at all.

I'm level 59 in Moria right now and things die really fast. I'm usually in red line and it's really effective. Can't complain DPS wise. Healing is ok. If you use your stuns/dazes/roots correctly, multiple mobs aren't a problem.
    Arkenstone - The Last Great Alliance :
    Cenadra (Hunter), Aganthor (Champ), Khelbonn (RK), Dystran (Mini), Nessyia (Warden), Killianos (Burglar),
    Duarmuid (Captain), Grimmick (Guardian), Olafsun (Beorning), Shalindrya (LM)