We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Ettenmoors on Leg. Servers?

Today (12/12) there was an update that added in-neighborhood transportation to the major areas in the game; Bree, Shire, etc. and one location was the Ettenmoors. I personally didn't go but a few people I know did and were able to do quests, get the renown, all that jazz. But it got fixed within 30 min of someone posting it in world chat, but after it was posted that the moors was accessible me, along with at least 20 other people rushed to the Bree stable-master to get there and it wasn't there. Causing a lot of frustration among everyone that was interested.
    Personally I think that this is the key to keep BOTH legendary servers alive, which would benefit SSG more than just raising the cap very 3-5 months, and players getting tired of running the same instances everyday or every lock. The Moors is a place where literally ANYONE can go from level 20+ and it's so much more fun than killing the same 10 wolves for that one quest, and doing ToO once or twice a week - this is why the population is declining so rapidly, granted that Minas Morgul just released, but even prior to the release, the legendary servers were already declining in population. I'm sure that nobody on these servers want their hard work to go down the drain because the servers got shut down due to lack of interest among the player base, that's over a years worth of hard work, grinding and relationship building that would sorely be missed.
    Since we're such low level (lv75) there would be minimal balance on SSG's end and kins like Infamy, and even players like myself, can do what they love which is PvP content to keep the game fresh. Not to say the game isn't fresh but it just gets bland after 2.5 months of doing nothing or leveling alts and I feel that opening up the Ettenmoors would give many people the opportunity to either come back to the game, or find a new appreciation for the game. This COULD also bring people from the "live servers" to the legendary servers which in turn would again - benifit SSG. VIP is something a lot of people dispute about and if I play in the Moors daily on Arkenstone and already have a rank 15 freep and rank 15 creep, I would get tired and want a fresh start and even a nostalgic experience of level 75 PvP. That's where the legendary servers come into play. Servers where everyone is on an even playing field, servers where people are actually excited about PvP, and servers where the players are passionate about what they do. And with VIP, there will be NO creep spies (freavers) because who's going to make a new account and pay just do spy for an advantage. This is a major problem on "live servers" and it COULD possibly be avoided with the VIP gate.
    So SSG, please take this into consideration, the sheer amount of excitement the people on Ithil felt, let alone Arnor because of their even larger player base (compared to Ithil) should be proof enough that players DO want PvP, and the people that don't want PvP can easily avoid it by just not going. Personally I don't see any harm this could cause to the game besides the amount of lag we'd have from the Moors fights.
    Last edited by Tenta_Ithil; Dec 12 2019 at 07:48 PM.

I totally agree! I think the Ettenmoors would be great at 75 (current) and with all VIPs. When I heard about bug before we knew it was a bug, it made Lillyn's (not of Arkenstone, but of Ithil) heart go pitter-patter!
    Lillyn (Minstrel), Lynrial (Hunter), Lorlyn (LM), Lynrieth (RK), Dazeylin (Burglar), Ithilyn (Beorning) of Arkenstone

As an officer in Infamy who returned to LOTRO because of the legendary servers I agree. Being able to work through the Moors content at cap levels would be a great way to re-activate the server populations and bring in more income for SSG.

Chafogard, formerly of Landroval, currently of Ithil.

Absolutely agree with Tent, this would bring new life to the servers... hopefully it is something that happens soon!

I would probably start playing on the legendary servers as both creep and freep if PvP was offered. The problem is, though, - and I don't want to sound like a negative Nancy - do you honestly expect them to bring PvP to the legendary servers based on how they've completely ignored it these last several years?

Hidden_Fox is offline Weatherstock Bard
    The hidden community Fox.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Thraingalin View Post
    As an officer in Infamy who returned to LOTRO because of the legendary servers I agree. Being able to work through the Moors content at cap levels would be a great way to re-activate the server populations and bring in more income for SSG.

Chafogard, formerly of Landroval, currently of Ithil.
    The Ettenmoors were undergoing some construction. This is one of the reasons the Legendary Servers haven't had access to said area. However, that said, I would get ready.

P.S. Infamy is the best Kinship! IMO of course.
    Landroval
    + Forestfox +
    Child of +Maji