We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Beorning Single Target DPS

Hello my fellow bears,

Just want to share with everyone a single target dps parse on the 3min training dummy SSG has added. This is not a max gear dps parse still in the works of upgrading gear and once i get all the BIS items ill run more tests and record an update video. This is just to get a baseline dps on my bears current state.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxxXSTlF6D0

Very nice. I tried the same but I only managed ~60k dps with the current T3 and T5 instance gear filled with physical mastery and critical rating essences. Do you follow a strict rotation? I tried red line dipped into yellow for -15% physical mitigation debuff as well as your build. Both yielded same result.

Quote Originally Posted by RudieR View Post
    Very nice. I tried the same but I only managed ~60k dps with the current T3 and T5 instance gear filled with physical mastery and critical rating essences. Do you follow a strict rotation? I tried red line dipped into yellow for -15% physical mitigation debuff as well as your build. Both yielded same result.
    Yea i spent some time compairing Armour Crush vs Yellow Line Bees -15% phys mit debuff and always came out with armour crush being better. Even tho bees is a 100% active debuff cause of the CD vs armour crush having 6s of downtime.
    And as far as rotation goes yes i keep a set rotation.

I always start with
    Expose -- Vicious Claws combo to animation cut expose and get the buff right away
    then follow up with ferocious roar -- swap to bear form hit Burtal maul (Highest DPS Skill in any parse so far ive done)
    after that stay in bear to get your thrash damage buff to tier 3. i like to combo bear skills to avoid dead time waiting for thrash to come off its 1.5s CD
    Example: Thrash(Tier1) --- Bee Swarm ---- Thrash(Tier2) ---- Armour Crush ----- Thrash(Tier3) ---- Bash(2nd Highest Skill) and follow bash with vicious claws to cut the animation. (With this rotation vicious claws should be back up i did this rotation at the very start of the video so you can have a visual of it as well as the written version.
    Also if execute procs after this rotation hit it because it also does a good amount of damage even tho its a skill that can't crit, the base damage is really high i was only able to get 5 executes in 3min video

Quote Originally Posted by GameProFrreakk View Post
    Yea i spent some time compairing Armour Crush vs Yellow Line Bees -15% phys mit debuff and always came out with armour crush being better. Even tho bees is a 100% active debuff cause of the CD vs armour crush having 6s of downtime.
    And as far as rotation goes yes i keep a set rotation.

I always start with
    Expose -- Vicious Claws combo to animation cut expose and get the buff right away
    then follow up with ferocious roar -- swap to bear form hit Burtal maul (Highest DPS Skill in any parse so far ive done)
    after that stay in bear to get your thrash damage buff to tier 3. i like to combo bear skills to avoid dead time waiting for thrash to come off its 1.5s CD
    Example: Thrash(Tier1) --- Bee Swarm ---- Thrash(Tier2) ---- Armour Crush ----- Thrash(Tier3) ---- Bash(2nd Highest Skill) and follow bash with vicious claws to cut the animation. (With this rotation vicious claws should be back up i did this rotation at the very start of the video so you can have a visual of it as well as the written version.
    Also if execute procs after this rotation hit it because it also does a good amount of damage even tho its a skill that can't crit, the base damage is really high i was only able to get 5 executes in 3min video

Followed a similar rotation. I usually start with expose --> vicious claws animation cut --> serrated edge and then FR + RM. As you can see my relentless maul often does 3 hits instead of 4 and that lowers dps a lot. Do you have that problem as well? Also, I tried execute in another parse but it didn't seem to be worth it at all. The loss of wrath cuts into overall critical rating.
    Last edited by RudieR; Jun 04 2020 at 11:23 AM.

You can try to trait both armour crush and the bees, you sacrifice the execute, call to wild and the trash aoe for it. But it should be stronger for pure single target, since execute is sadly very bad.
    If you want to contact me, pls don't write me a Private Message on the Forum.
    The best way is via Discord:
    Gertes#5389

Quote Originally Posted by Gertes View Post
    You can try to trait both armour crush and the bees, you sacrifice the execute, call to wild and the trash aoe for it. But it should be stronger for pure single target, since execute is sadly very bad.
    Can't get both bees and armour crush without losing almost 90% of red perks. You can get max bees + 1 armour crush rank so you can still get down to melee damage 4th row in red. but still would be missing 2 ranks in armour crush = 10% damage and execute skill + thrash AOE + Call to wild + You cant even get max Weakening Blow for the -10% Target Damage. So for a group run this would be a major loss in alot of areas and not worth running in my opinion.
    When I make builds/tests i keep in mind what i bring to the table aside from dps i always try to bring at least 1 or 2 debuff/buff that helps the group. In bears case Bringing Armour Crush Buffs anyone in the group damaging your target by 15% and also bringing slam to debuff the target outgoing damage by -10%. Bringing bees is a 1 sided buff because if your the only melee and have the rest of your dps as tactical they dont gain anything from your bee debuff in yellow.

This is what max bees + 1 rank in armour crush dps did
    DPS target dummy says, 'For the entirety of our match, I hath suffered 13,028,288 damage!'
    DPS target dummy says, 'Thou didst maintain a DPS of 72,379.375 over the last three minutes of our momentous conflict!'

In my trait line, I use both bees and armour crush maxxed out, without traiting execute nor call to wild nor multi target thrash.

For mono target after some tests it's far better than any other specs : https://imgur.com/M9Ujdx8

In this parse I was full buffed, but I think it could go even higher in this spec, like 95k or something.

Also it's in my opinion the most viable spec for mono target raid, because it implies you can maintain both buffs on target without needing any other beorning, while having a good dps. The bees will always be effective on your raid since burglar is so strong right now, there will always be at least one is your raid.

You can't have the -10% damage from weakening blow with this spec but since it is a general damage debuff, it isn't effectively 10% but more like 3% or so, and red beorning is in my opinion primarly supposed to increase the DPS of the raid.
    Last edited by Nehos; Jan 02 2020 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehos View Post
    In my trait line, I use both bees and armour crush maxxed out, without traiting execute nor call to wild nor multi target thrash.

For mono target after some tests it's far better than any other specs : https://imgur.com/M9Ujdx8

In this parse I was full buffed, but I think it could go even higher in this spec, like 95k or something.

Also it's in my opinion the most viable spec for mono target raid, because it implies you can maintain both buffs on target without needing any other beorning, while having a good dps. The bees will always be effective on your raid since burglar is so strong right now, there will always be at least one is your raid.

You can't have the -10% damage from weakening blow with this spec but since it is a general damage debuff, it isn't effectively 10% but more like 3% or so, and red beorning is in my opinion primarly supposed to increase the DPS of the raid.
    Can you post your trait tree set up? I normally like to dps parse with real builds that i would use in groups because if not its like going with no mits and stacking mastery and crit just to get a high parse, its unrealistic in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GameProFrreakk View Post
    Can you post your trait tree set up? I normally like to dps parse with real builds that i would use in groups because if not its like going with no mits and stacking mastery and crit just to get a high parse, its unrealistic in my opinion.
    Sure here is the trait tree : https://imgur.com/1qLvKOK

I usually don't trait mitigs except for very few bosses where I need it, usually I can just avoid #### to reduce the damage taken. I have 260k hp and i think it is enough, if burgs can survive at close range, so do I.
    Last edited by Nehos; Jan 02 2020 at 01:19 PM.

10. Jan 03 2020, 10:17 PM

I usually don't trait mitigs except for very few bosses where I need it, usually I can just avoid #### to reduce the damage taken. I have 260k hp and i think it is enough, if burgs can survive at close range, so do I.
    I take back what I said. Its a real build and does work very well for Single Target Fights.

Hello all,

was wondering if anyone has some solid feedback on the actual impact of tactical mastery rating to Bees' DpS contribution in a primarily healing rotation. I don't focus on building for red, but i'm trying to explore to what limits i could bring my parses in a raid setting as a healing beorning. Any relevant comment is welcome.
    Psorokostaina/Ippokratis/Kervertros/Teucros. Officer & Raid Leader for The Aegean Eagles, Evernight {EU}.
    The Aegean Eagles Forums
    The Aegean Eagles Calendar

Is this still a viable build after the adjustments?

Quote Originally Posted by Roodie View Post
    Is this still a viable build after the adjustments?
    Bear form is currently doing more, so slash is devalued. Can put those points into partially filling out the damage trait in red row 4.

1/5 in the Vigilant Roat trait grants that skill a force attack component which you don't want. Vigilant Roar is decent filler and you want to be able to spam it while you're living in bear form. So you throw that point anywhere else like slam damage (despite not using slam) so you can keep marching down to Armor Crush.
    Argendauss, Captain
    Rechart, Warden
    Hrodgart, Beorning
    Gunnart, Guardian

Just want to add more relevant info with parses since its always hard to find on forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdyODGjVpqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXVjZwpg4uE

Huh. And when I think about it realize that the bottom half of the red trait line isn't that terribly important. Fascinating hybrid build that still pulls in the red line set bonuses which *are* terribly important. Nicely done. Even though I now only play solo am going to try this out. Thank you.
    Ngaemond 140 Cpt | Ngeowyn 140 Wrd | Ngali 140 Ch | Ngorbadoc 140 Hnt | Ngollwydha Brg 140 | Ngureth 140 Lm | Ngoin 140 Min | | Ngori 140 Rk | Ngeorn 140 Beor | Ngurin 140 Grd | Ngalin 140 Br
    Arkenstone (formerly Windfola)