We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Game freezing and music resetting every 10 seconds

Just reinstalled the game after a few years away and I am having some major performance issues. The issue is that the game will freeze for a second or two every 10-15 seconds and the game music will reset the loop it's on. I've observed this in several different areas as well as the character select screen.

Windows is a fresh install on 1909. Sound issues in other games or programs don't occur and all drivers are up to date.
    [COLOR=cornflowerblue][/COLOR]

Seen this reported before. Turned out to be a device being constantly re-detected. You might try having Device Manger open and viewable while playing. See if it cycles/refreshes at the same time the game pauses.

You could try removing all extraneous devices (game controllers, microphones, etc.). Though, if memory serves, one time it was a network device causing this issue and the user needed to install an older network adapter driver.

I'll check that out and see if I can load the original drivers for the motherboard to see if that makes any difference. Thanks!
    [COLOR=cornflowerblue][/COLOR]

Updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Schreik View Post
    I'll check that out and see if I can load the original drivers for the motherboard to see if that makes any difference. Thanks!
    Did it help? I am having the same problem.

Good morning, i have the same problems....

and i reinstalled the network driver....

Had the same problem I unplugged my headset and replaced and all working fine.

I had the same issue since 2 months. At last found the issue. Device manager keeps refreshing every 5-10 second and it causes the game lags or freezes every 5-10 seconds. The issue for the device manager for me was the NAS attached on the network. I needed to reset and reattach the NAS and finally fixed the issue.

for others some potential solutions are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDtSaLZWmes
    Last edited by Unsin; Mar 08 2023 at 06:12 AM.