We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Healing on Bob and Weave and Relish Battle

I have a 41 alt burg I jump on from time to time to craft and mess around. I noticed today that Bob and Weave heals 8 initially and 8 morale every 2 sec. Same for Relish Battle in the red line, 8 initial and 8 every 3 sec.

Did they nerf these skills with plans to update them later, or are they really this useless now? A bug maybe ?

I'm 54, with 6k+ morale, and B&W heals for 24 per tick. It is extremely underwhelming, to say the least.

I probably haven't played him in a month but remember it being more like 120 initial and 64 per tick, or something like that. Now with a 4k hp pool it might be recovering 2% over the entire duration.

Recently returned to the game. I have fond memories of my Laurelin Burg, so started a new one on Evernight. It plays nothing like my 'old' one. Bob and weave is extremely lackluster, to the point where I feel red/yellow are the only specs worth of note, 2 specs I don't really have an affinity with.

i recently made a Burglar Hobbit Alt and he is now lvl 48 almost 49.
    have to agree that the amount healed from Bob and Weave is low, but is it meant as a main heal or as a sort of maintenance heal.
    this acts the same as the Warden gambit builder heal, very low but a constant factor non the less.
    the Heals from Hedge your bets is for me a far more significant "Main" heal and the bob And Weave is like free health with every evade, so you take no damage and get free life in return.

what kind of heal do you get if you use Cash Out on a Hedge your Bet?, haven't unlocked it yet myself. in the process of getting my legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Baske View Post
    what kind of heal do you get if you use Cash Out on a Hedge your Bet?, haven't unlocked it yet myself. in the process of getting my legendaries.
    I'm not in-game right now, so I can't get you specific numbers, but Gambler is very survivable. I end up with full morale after most fights when I Cash Out on time. Also Bob & Weave seems to mostly heal me completely so I'll need to look at that again and figure out what's going on.

Regarding Quiet Knife heals, don't forget about Relish Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    I'm not in-game right now, so I can't get you specific numbers, but Gambler is very survivable. I end up with full morale after most fights when I Cash Out on time. Also Bob & Weave seems to mostly heal me completely so I'll need to look at that again and figure out what's going on.

Regarding Quiet Knife heals, don't forget about Relish Battle.
    Thanks for the reply, just passed lvl 60 and using the Moria barter armor i have around 8k health.
    Cash out gives me around 20% health in 5 HoT's.

Every time I log back into my little hobbit burg this makes me grumpy. Bob and weave and the points you spend to improve it are completely wasted points for the level you get them. Maybe later when you can find gear with bonuses to healing it would get better, but that doesn't show up until much higher level in any quantity.

The skills need to be moved from tactical to physical or something. They are irrelevant as is. I don't think a full bob and weave heals more than 1% total health over the course of the effect.

jljohnson4 is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    The Sly and Cunning
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanin View Post
    Every time I log back into my little hobbit burg this makes me grumpy. Bob and weave and the points you spend to improve it are completely wasted points for the level you get them. Maybe later when you can find gear with bonuses to healing it would get better, but that doesn't show up until much higher level in any quantity.

The skills need to be moved from tactical to physical or something. They are irrelevant as is. I don't think a full bob and weave heals more than 1% total health over the course of the effect.
    A couple months ago bob and weave and relish battle were both nerfed into the ground by what I assume was an unintentional side effect of an update. The nerf was not mentioned in any of the patch notes. The day it happened I filled out an online bug report, but no mention of a fix action was presented.

Rastlyn: Burglar, Naltsar: Guardian, Reistlin: Hunter, Reistlan: Runekeeper
    A Burg's Eye View

I have a 41 alt burg I jump on from time to time to craft and mess around. I noticed today that Bob and Weave heals 8 initially and 8 morale every 2 sec. Same for Relish Battle in the red line, 8 initial and 8 every 3 sec.

Did they nerf these skills with plans to update them later, or are they really this useless now? A bug maybe ?
    On my Level 58 Blue Burg, Bob & Weave is 25 initially and 25 per 2 second tick, x5. As the other poster said, think of it as a maintenance heal to go along with your food. It is nothing like what it used to be before the great burglar overhaul, which I seem to recall was like 350 per tick. But since it comes as a set bonus, you don't have to invest trait points in it as long as you ignore Swift And Subtle.

Blue Burg's now have the option of healing through applying a green gamble with Hedge Your Bet (and hitting the foe) and removing a green gamble with Cash Out.

However all things considered, after the great burglar overhaul, you should rethink your Burglar's role of avoiding taking damage rather than healing through it. A foe can't hurt what he can't hit. After your lead attack, keep Provoke up to reduce incoming damage on those big boss strikes. Use Tricks, Knives Out, or Blue Gambles to reduce incoming damage. In Blue/Red spend two points to get Dust In The Eyes. Pull Touch and Go after you've taken 30% to 50% damage to not only get the big heal but to get a big boost on evade. Then think of Hide In Plain Site as a tactical agro flush rather than just a "Holy ####" skill. And with the change in virtues, work to improve passive virtue values to increase morale while focusing on parry/evade rating, tactical mitigation, and crit defense.

This here:
    Bob and weave and the points you spend to improve it are completely wasted points for the level you get them.

-If it is a passive like Relish the Battle, it should be different from something that you get as a passive and can spend 5 points into. It should be x5 times better then just passive alone. Bob and weave should be buffed up by quite a bit if trait points are in it. In fact base healing skills of burglar should all be % based. To wear 250K morale and get 450 point heal pulses from relish the battle -that is not good.

Currently also legacy for the yellow line that suppose to work on healing from trick removal:
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mischievous_Glee

The legacy:
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Mis...Imbued_Legacy)

The legacy mentions that when it is maxed it will heal for 146%. It only heals for 10% and legacy in fact contributes nothing.
    Why could it not heal for just 20% when and if it is maxed?

There is something against burglar class heals. Some kind of persistent neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Areyekuwe View Post
    There is something against burglar class heals. Some kind of persistent neglect.
    I just made a new burg to check, he's lvl 27 now, has 1199 morale. Bob and weave heals for a grand total of...

5 morale instantly and an additional 5 moreale every 2s for 10s.
    That's 30 morale total, little over 2% of total health.

Why would they even put this skill in there? This is like the Guardian shield thing. They'll ignore the complaints which continue to pile up, Cordovan will use whatever petty excuse possible to lock the thread, 'cleans' up the next thread made before removing it alltogether. That's how SSG likes to 'fix' things. Absolute disgrace. A fix like this, a fix for guards, that ain't rocket science. This ain't some hardware issue. This is something they could literally fix over lunch break and hotfix it at 4.55pm if need be.

Complete and total neglect or just plain incompetence? I'm guessing the amount of dev time spent on actually playing their own game is comparable to the amount Bob and Weave heals for: little over 2%, 100% of which during the livestream. Ludicrous.

13. Jan 28 2021, 03:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Cambruyn View Post
    I just made a new burg to check, he's lvl 27 now, has 1199 morale. Bob and weave heals for a grand total of...

5 morale instantly and an additional 5 moreale every 2s for 10s.
    That's 30 morale total, little over 2% of total health.

Why would they even put this skill in there? This is like the Guardian shield thing. They'll ignore the complaints which continue to pile up, Cordovan will use whatever petty excuse possible to lock the thread, 'cleans' up the next thread made before removing it alltogether. That's how SSG likes to 'fix' things. Absolute disgrace. A fix like this, a fix for guards, that ain't rocket science. This ain't some hardware issue. This is something they could literally fix over lunch break and hotfix it at 4.55pm if need be.

Complete and total neglect or just plain incompetence? I'm guessing the amount of dev time spent on actually playing their own game is comparable to the amount Bob and Weave heals for: little over 2%, 100% of which during the livestream. Ludicrous.
    I have noticed that captains (and bears) have Tactical mastery on might. It dawned on me that that might be why heals on non-healing classes are so borked right now. When i mentioned in another thread, I was corrected that it is because ouside of healing classes (which captains and bears fall into) Tactical Heal Rating doesn't exist. Which is why champ, warden, burg, etc healing is so pitiful right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Quazi-moto View Post
    I have noticed that captains (and bears) have Tactical mastery on might. It dawned on me that that might be why heals on non-healing classes are so borked right now. When i mentioned in another thread, I was corrected that it is because ouside of healing classes (which captains and bears fall into) Tactical Heal Rating doesn't exist. Which is why champ, warden, burg, etc healing is so pitiful right now.
    Any chance this has been addressed recently? Thinking of giving Treebeard a go with a new hobbit blue burg but not sure if it's worth the headache if bob and weave and the points spent on improving it are still wasted.

Any chance this has been addressed recently? Thinking of giving Treebeard a go with a new hobbit blue burg but not sure if it's worth the headache if bob and weave and the points spent on improving it are still wasted.
    So, you are going to pass on a new server (and the experience of the new difficulty mechanics) because one of the lesser skills for the Burg is not what you think it should be?

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    So, you are going to pass on a new server (and the experience of the new difficulty mechanics) because one of the lesser skills for the Burg is not what you think it should be?
    I'm going to spend my time however I want without worrying about what some random troll who needs to work on his mind reading thinks...

Boraxxe: So, you are going to pass on a new server (and the experience of the new difficulty mechanics) because one of the lesser skills for the Burg is not what you think it should be?
    I'm going to spend my time however I want without worrying about what some random troll who needs to work on his mind reading thinks...
    Hmm, perhaps you are thinking you can mind read? I read Boraxxe's post as a QUESTION on whether that was your determining factor to create a new burg on Treebeard or not. I love how folks interpret text so differently and are sure they are correct in their interpretation. But that is the danger (and sometimes amusement) of texting amongst strangers.

And btw- I have a new blue line burg on Treebeard (Deadly- 0) and am enjoying it very much! So if that one skill is what is holding you back, I would say don't let it.

...when in doubt...twirl...
    Crickhollow: Wisa/Weesa, Elvisa/Elvysa and many other Elv's, Reaboj, Sunberry, Altheah, Ooma's and some others. Landroval: Sunnberry, Raynbel, Starberry, Burraberry, Sugarree, Magnolia, and a bunch of others too. Anor: Elviska, Wisa, Elvisa, and more. Laurelin: Sunberry, Wisaberry, Elvisa Gwaihir: Sunberry. Belegaer: Sunberry.
    Sirannon: Sunberry. Treebeard: Wisa,Moonberry, Sunberry, Wisaberry, Elvisa and more. Brandywine: Raynberry

Quote Originally Posted by Reaboj View Post
    Boraxxe: So, you are going to pass on a new server (and the experience of the new difficulty mechanics) because one of the lesser skills for the Burg is not what you think it should be?

Hmm, perhaps you are thinking you can mind read? I read Boraxxe's post as a QUESTION on whether that was your determining factor to create a new burg on Treebeard or not. I love how folks interpret text so differently and are sure they are correct in their interpretation. But that is the danger (and sometimes amusement) of texting amongst strangers.

And btw- I have a new blue line burg on Treebeard (Deadly- 0) and am enjoying it very much! So if that one skill is what is holding you back, I would say don't let it.

Happy to hear you are enjoying it.

Bob and Weave definately needs to be looked at again. At the moment it doesnt make sense to invest (or rather waste) your precious trait points on because the base values are just so low in the first place that +50% does nothing... literally you go from like +100 a pip to +150 which is nothing on 300k morale, lol.

To me it also feels like its over way to quick now they increased the pip rate to 1 per second (I hate to complain about a recent change but overall it just made it happen quicker, didnt actually change the overall effect!!?).

I think the blue line trait which boosts it by up by +10% a point should instead add another pip for each trait point spent - at least this way the overall effect is double (up to 10 pips) but also still quite spread out over 10 seconds or so, not 5. It would still need to stack by the way I think thats important too.

Its also a bit too unreliable being tied to evade but I guess that makes sense if its in the gambler line. If its buffed then I wouldnt complain but right now its terrible and needs something changing.

I did test that incoming healing deffo affects it, but the issue is that is capped at 15% so you can't even try to make it better if you want. At the end of the day +15% increases on such a low base of like 100 is literally 15 morale a pip! Thats like 3 vitality? LOL. Who would even bother with that then!

I hope something further happens here, I really want to make Blue work!

Quote Originally Posted by South3rs View Post
    Bob and Weave definately needs to be looked at again. At the moment it doesnt make sense to invest (or rather waste) your precious trait points on because the base values are just so low in the first place that +50% does nothing... literally you go from like +100 a pip to +150 which is nothing on 300k morale, lol.

To me it also feels like its over way to quick now they increased the pip rate to 1 per second (I hate to complain about a recent change but overall it just made it happen quicker, didnt actually change the overall effect!!?).

I think the blue line trait which boosts it by up by +10% a point should instead add another pip for each trait point spent - at least this way the overall effect is double (up to 10 pips) but also still quite spread out over 10 seconds or so, not 5. It would still need to stack by the way I think thats important too.

Its also a bit too unreliable being tied to evade but I guess that makes sense if its in the gambler line. If its buffed then I wouldnt complain but right now its terrible and needs something changing.

I did test that incoming healing deffo affects it, but the issue is that is capped at 15% so you can't even try to make it better if you want. At the end of the day +15% increases on such a low base of like 100 is literally 15 morale a pip! Thats like 3 vitality? LOL. Who would even bother with that then!

I hope something further happens here, I really want to make Blue work!
    Signed. The heal itself is lackluster and spending 5 trait points to improve is a waste with the low base heal. On my level 31 burg spending 5 trait points changes the heal from 6 morale per tick to 9. Giving a grand amount of 15 extra morale heal for 5 trait points. A change to a % of max health would be very welcome and make it more viable.

Looks like we got a change to Bob and Weave and Relish Battle with update 31, however it still looks like it is broken.

From the release notes:
    - The Buglar's Bob and Weave and Relish Battle heals now scale with the Burglar's maximum health.

I'm now seeing a new effect with "Bob and Weave" that lasts for 12 seconds and gives 4 ticks of healing. Was this 5 ticks over 5 seconds previously? The effect is also non-stacking and timer will reset for every new evade. On level 35 with 3630 morale it heals for 26 morale per tick, with 50% upgrade from trait it still heals for 26 morale per tick. It heals the same with trait points and without. Can anyone else confirm that they are seeing the same?

The skill information is also missing any details on how the value is calculated or for how long the effect lasts. The effect name is also "DNT - Bob AND Weave Hot", still work in progress? I have not been able to test "Relish Battle".

jljohnson4 is offline Defender of the Hornburg
    The Sly and Cunning
    Quote Originally Posted by MPetters1 View Post
    Looks like we got a change to Bob and Weave and Relish Battle with update 31, however it still looks like it is broken.

From the release notes:
    - The Buglar's Bob and Weave and Relish Battle heals now scale with the Burglar's maximum health.

I'm now seeing a new effect with "Bob and Weave" that lasts for 12 seconds and gives 4 ticks of healing. Was this 5 ticks over 5 seconds previously? The effect is also non-stacking and timer will reset for every new evade. On level 35 with 3630 morale it heals for 26 morale per tick, with 50% upgrade from trait it still heals for 26 morale per tick. It heals the same with trait points and without. Can anyone else confirm that they are seeing the same?

The skill information is also missing any details on how the value is calculated or for how long the effect lasts. The effect name is also "DNT - Bob AND Weave Hot", still work in progress? I have not been able to test "Relish Battle".
    From what I have observed about Relish Battle, it is missing the initial heal. Currently upon activation there is a several second delay followed by the HoT. The HoT looks to be working as intended. The initial heal not activating is why there appears to be a delay.

Rastlyn: Burglar, Naltsar: Guardian, Reistlin: Hunter, Reistlan: Runekeeper
    A Burg's Eye View

After testing on my level 130 burg relish battle heals for 4 ticks and each tick was with a couple hp points of 1%. So you heal for 4% of your hp over time. Honestly this is still extremely poor. I believe relish is missing the initial tick so it would be 5% of max hp but this still isnt even close to what is needed to be relevant. IMO it should tick 5 times and each tick should be 2-3% hp. If we look at hunter blood arrow returning 20% hp every 15 seconds ON DEMAND. For burglar if they are healing 10-15% of max hp with a 10s cd that would be 20-30% percent every 20s and it would be uncontrolled... Just my thoughts. 5 ticks at 2-3% hp a tick would be ok. I didnt test the dodge heal.