We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stealth Icon misbehaving

Since the latest update (26) I have a seen strange performance from the stealth (sneak) icon.
    When you go into stealth, this icon indicates that by a tracing line around the square.
    After this latest update, when going into stealth mode while riding a warsteed and wearing the orc disguise (Trick Stratagem), after you dismount the warsteed, the regular stealth icon (Sneak) no longer works correctly.
    Usually you can see this icon not activated when you are not in stealth. This bug keeps the sneak icon activated as if you are in stealth mode, even when you are not. The tracing line is activated, but you are not in stealth or sneaking mode.
    This can be reset back to normal by relogging.
    This is tough one to try to explain, I hope someone can understand my gibberish.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

I think I know what you mean. It was an issue for me several months ago prior to update 26. I would have the 'Sneak' skill toggled on but when I entered combat it would stay toggled on despite my being out of stealth. I would then need to toggle 'Sneak' off & wait for the cooldown before I could use it again. As you identified it is related to having 'Stratagem' active when I dismount from my warsteed. I no longer have the problem with 'Sneak' now that I make a point of turning 'Stratagem' off before I dismount.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nozzie- View Post
    I think I know what you mean. It was an issue for me several months ago prior to update 26. I would have the 'Sneak' skill toggled on but when I entered combat it would stay toggled on despite my being out of stealth. I would then need to toggle 'Sneak' off & wait for the cooldown before I could use it again. As you identified it is related to having 'Stratagem' active when I dismount from my warsteed. I no longer have the problem with 'Sneak' now that I make a point of turning 'Stratagem' off before I dismount.
    Thanks for the tip.
    But the point is I never had to do that until very recently.
    Something has changed...I submitted a bug...

Like I told you...What I said...Steal your face right off your head.

Hadn't played my burg in a while and just found this thread because this was happening to me tonight. I'll try the trick of turning off war steed stealth before dismounting now. Frustrating to see that this bug is still here after almost 2 years though. The weird thing is it hasn't been two years since I last played this char (only a few months) so not sure why I hadn't seen this bug before today. I use stealth on a war steed all the time when I play.