We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    A bit of history here.

LOTRO had a tutorial - the really basic stuff like how to move. This has always been skippable other than when bugged.

LOTRO had an introduction. Fighting bandits in Archet. Going through Skorgrim's tomb. More recently killing flies around the Beorninghus or being stabbed by the Witch King or fighting orcs in Cardolan. The introduction could also be skipped until SSG got greedy and removed that option - substituting a 100 LP skip of the introduction in the store. Which is where we are today.

If you want to avoid paying but still be done with the introduction fast select the Shadow introduction when creating the character if you have that choice - it is by far the fastest other than for Beornings. And you end the introduction next to a stables with a quick ride to other starter zones unlike the Archet introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharone View Post
    This is the part that I don't understand.
    That is clear. The concept should be that you make f2p so enjoyable they're willing to pay to have more. Forcing people repetitively through a starting instance that does nothing isn't making it an enjoyable game. Allowing them to skip it and quickly get to exciting content would help build enjoyment that would drive spending. Well, would if they weren't pushed away by the terrible lag.

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Sounds like this is a perfect perk for VIP. You are VIP? Great, you get a checkmark that enters you in the full game world at exactly level 5 upon creation of your character.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

In an unscientific survey, I've found that 90% of people complaining about f2p are lifetime.

istvana is offline Legendary forums 1st poster
    " 90% of people complaining about f2p are lifetime."

Define "complaining".

If I say that free players are freeloaders getting a break they don't deserve and dragging down the maturity level of the game - is that complaining? I sure think so and I suspect you would agree.

If I say that in order to encourage people to subscribe and give SSG a reliable revenue stream VIPs should get significantly more benefits and one benefit they should get is a free skip of the introduction as we used to have - is that complaining? I think it is not in any way whatever - you may agree with that also. Or you may not.

((note that I am not saying either of these things just trying to see how you define a word - though I think most of the second sentence is true and the large majority though not all of the first sentence is false))

6. May 01 2023, 09:37 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2