We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Third Age Dagger DPS for Gambler

I have my FA dagger and tools for my Quiet Knife (red) line. I have since gathered most of the legacies I want for another set of items for use with the Gambler (blue) line. I could just shell out the money and get some crafted FA items, but I have a few alts who need them more badly than my Burglar does. So I'm thinking of making my Gambler LIs from third age items.

However I can't find anything about what the max dps is on an imbued third Age dagger. I'm just now thinking I could probably just grab one in game and find out, but I'm halfway done with this post so here goes.

What is the max dps on a level 100 imbued TA dagger, compared to FA? Is it sensible at all to use a TA dagger and tools for my Gambler set, or is that just a waste of time? Primarily this would be used for landscape as I mean to stick with QK for grouping.

--

Edit - okay I checked it out for myself and didn't see a huge difference. Max DPS on a TA sword is 1583, compared to 1771 on my FA. The legacies I checked were the same percentage boost. What am I missing?
    Last edited by shipwreck; Jun 25 2020 at 03:10 PM.

As far as I know the only difference between 1st 2nd and 3rd agers is the amount of crystals/empowerments it needs to max out (1st agers need the least amount) and passive stats (which doesn't affect burg as they don't use 2h weapons). Dps wise they are the same. If there was even a tiny little difference I'd suggest going with a 1st ager. Also 3rd agers don't look very nice.
    Captain-General Narthrivor r15 Hunter - r12 Warden - r12 Champion - r10 Captain - r6 Guardian - r9 Reaver - r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFTW View Post
    As far as I know the only difference between 1st 2nd and 3rd agers is the amount of crystals/empowerments it needs to max out (1st agers need the least amount) and passive stats (which doesn't affect burg as they don't use 2h weapons). Dps wise they are the same. If there was even a tiny little difference I'd suggest going with a 1st ager. Also 3rd agers don't look very nice.
    Thanks. Mostly I just don't have the money for first agers yet and I'm not quite ready to grind out the symbols. All in due time I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Thanks. Mostly I just don't have the money for first agers yet and I'm not quite ready to grind out the symbols. All in due time I suppose!
    If I can offer some advice it would be don’t bother. For 3 reasons....

1) gambler is a very poor line at the moment and at endgame would not be accepted into a raid. Solo is okay in gambler at 130 but I Mean literally, okay. Red is so much faster.

2) LIs are such a resource sink that doing it on a third age weapon is pointless.

3) if you must have a gambler dagger then just wait until you’re 130 (I’m only assuming your not as I couldn’t imagine a 130 without 80g) but they drop very regularly from featured instances. I have run school every day this week on 3 toons (levelling an alt and need the emps) and I have gotten 5 symbols so far

I apologise if any of this sounds harsh I just really don’t want to see you make such a big mistake.

Side note, I have a gambler first age dagger with legacies on it but I haven’t used emps or relics on it. Just in case we get a blue rework and it becomes viable
    Lao (s)
    Burglar Guardian Lore-Master Captain Minstrel Warden Champion Hunter

I completely agree that gambler is not ideal for endgame grouping. Blue is the survivability build, and burglars don’t need to survive end game; they just need to kill stuff.

If I didn’t already have a QK weapon I would definitely go for that first. I just like Gambler a lot for landscape.

And you’re right. Since doing more instances I have enough symbols for my alts and an extra Burg set.

SSG's made it rather simple to acquire First Agers. Just take about an hour and form up a group to do some Roaming Threats...or just do them on your own if you have alts over 100. The Gift Givers Brands are no longer bound to the character. They are bound to the account. Getting 50 with the attached deeds is quick and easy.