We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    For me, I really don't have an issue with my name, if it means better forums, than I'll make the sacrifice, and it's not that big of a sacrifice.
    "Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your children when you wanted to."

Lightbulb

Have you ever thought about migrating the website and forum to Wordpress? Not too long ago I completely migrated an older website of mine to Wordpress and replaced the forum, which ran via Simple Machines, with the plugin wpForo. The migration took more than an hour, because the forum is very extensive, but everything went smoothly. And Wordpress basically offers many, very useful plugins. I'm not a programmer, but I think that you can learn the settings etc. very well and understand them.
    German HdRO-Guide. Für alles rund ums Spielvergnügen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirchenmaus View Post
    Have you ever thought about migrating the website and forum to Wordpress?
    Don't say that too loudly. The whole thing used to be wordpress, including the lorebook. Decoupling wordpress from the game authentication was a brutal and painful process for these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirchenmaus View Post
    Have you ever thought about migrating the website and forum to Wordpress? Not too long ago I completely migrated an older website of mine to Wordpress and replaced the forum, which ran via Simple Machines, with the plugin wpForo. The migration took more than an hour, because the forum is very extensive, but everything went smoothly. And Wordpress basically offers many, very useful plugins. I'm not a programmer, but I think that you can learn the settings etc. very well and understand them.
    While i do use wordpress occasionally I kinda think "MONEYGRABBING FEATURELESS SLUGGISH PLUGIN WH0RE" in the same sentence... I spend more time avoiding the gazillion 20$ pitfalls then actually editing a site. And Wordpress has no good Forum integration, I do run wpforo on a site and it is decent, but you have this <iframe> feeling all over...
    Marancil CHN, Historian Calchiar CPT, Explorer Sturmdrang WDN, Woodsman Anancite GRD, Armourer Tarostel HNT, Armsman Angredeth HNT, Tinker Dromarong GRD, Dwarf
    The Lord of the Rings Online: Community Discord | My in game image hosting: LotroShots

Decoupling wordpress from the game authentication was a brutal and painful process for these guys.
    Oh, ok. I didn't know that.
    Never mind.
    German HdRO-Guide. Für alles rund ums Spielvergnügen!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3