We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Set Bonus Armor for Osgiliath and Pelennor Instances

A few updates ago, the devs removed the ability to receive armor with set bonuses on them from the Osgiliath and Pelennor instance clusters. I just asked on +Cord of the Rings if these will be implemented to the Legendary servers when they reach 100/105, and the answer was no, they will not. I highly recommend you rethink this change for the servers, as this will drive even more players from the servers. The Osgiliath Ruins Armor will reward the players for running T2C content, as well as allow us to play the update as if it was 100 cap again. The set bonus gear from the Pelennor cluster has a special bonus attached to it, "Unlocks the Power of the Hilt of Earnil." Without these set bonuses, there is 0 reason to farm for the hilt. Once again, I ask that you please rethink your decision to not add these bonuses, as they will liven the legendary servers and will increase the amount of instances being run by the community.

Mirage | Fathom | Situational Awareness | Reformed
    Arkenstone | Shadowfax | Treebeard

I have just heard Cordovan saying they're not adding the set bonuses back

This is silly beyond belief. If the bonuses are a problem for live servers, why not just level cap the gear?

This is honestly preposterous, especially for a VIP-only server, where you're supposed to experience previous updates again. How can you just remove the endgame goals like that?

It was fun until lvl85, i didnt like BB so i left the LS. I made i thread about this also, even for the live-servers. Bring back the bonuses and the old scaled loot (item-lvl), but no response. I guess they dont get money from doing so, instead continuing this lootbox black-steel keys ####. There is no point in doing old instances anymore except for deeds.

Quote Originally Posted by icefriend View Post
    I have just heard Cordovan saying they're not adding the set bonuses back

This is silly beyond belief. If the bonuses are a problem for live servers, why not just level cap the gear?

This is honestly preposterous, especially for a VIP-only server, where you're supposed to experience previous updates again. How can you just remove the endgame goals like that?
    The reason the set bonuses were removed in the first place was that they were unable to level-cap the gear, it would seem said issue is still prevalent, hence why they aren't adding the bonuses back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    The reason the set bonuses were removed in the first place was that they were unable to level-cap the gear, it would seem said issue is still prevalent, hence why they aren't adding the bonuses back.
    Why can't they add the set bonuses to work for level 100/105 and disable them when you reach 106??

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Why can't they add the set bonuses to work for level 100/105 and disable them when you reach 106??
    Again, they cannot level cap the gear, which I assume also means enabling/disabling the bonuses on the gear, I don't know why, but this was the reason given many years ago as to why the bonuses were removed from the gear in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephburz-2 View Post
    Again, they cannot level cap the gear, which I assume also means enabling/disabling the bonuses on the gear, I don't know why, but this was the reason given many years ago as to why the bonuses were removed from the gear in the first place.
    Wait, im 100% sure there are gear sets which you can't wear past a certain level to prevent high levels using low level gear. Can't remember what set, but maybe someone else knows this. If that is the case, there is no techincal limitation to implement this for the 100/105 armour sets.

Quote Originally Posted by LotroVidz View Post
    Wait, im 100% sure there are gear sets which you can't wear past a certain level to prevent high levels using low level gear. Can't remember what set, but maybe someone else knows this. If that is the case, there is no techincal limitation to implement this for the 100/105 armour sets.
    It is because of both reasons.

Gear became level-capped because people were using older set-bonuses for an unfair advantage, Captains wearing 2-piece Orthanc for the OB Reset, Hunters wearing 4 (or 2 I can't remember) -piece Erebor for reduced focus cost on Pen shot & Barrage for example. They were able to level-cap these gear sets no problem.

When it came to the Osgiliath and Pelennor sets however, they could not do that. So they removed the bonuses completely. I don't know the ins/outs of why they were able to level-cap the traditional raid sets, but not the Osgiliath or Pelennor cluster pieces, but such is the case, and such is the reason why the bonuses were removed.
    Last edited by Hephburz-2; Sep 13 2020 at 06:43 PM.

Probably has to do with the fact, that Osgi/Pel sets scale, while there rest which they could put max level cap on is fixed - i.e. hytbold is 75, Erebor 85, throne 105, etc.

In theory, they could make 2 versions of the sets - 1 fixed and 1 scaling.

For example:
    - Osgiliath cluster, when ran @100 drops the "fixed" set with max level cap of 110;
    - Respectively, Pelennor 105 (capped 115); Rest of the level ranges drop scaled armor with the level it's been ran with no max level cap and no set bonus.

It's possible there's some technical limitation that prevents that, or SSG has decided that they won't be spending dev time on this.

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I assume if they wanted to take the time, they could replace the box drop with a barter token and just make a vendor that bartered for L100 versions of the armour only. But considering that they went the entire 6 months of the RoR expansion and never fixed the L85 raid armour or class item LIs, I'm not holding my breath for the Legendary Servers to get any attention at all.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

So just ran this instance, and had a set of armor drop. No set bonuses have been added to the gear unfortunately. Would be nice if SSG rethought this and added them, especially because they fixed the exploit that made people use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    So just ran this instance, and had a set of armor drop. No set bonuses have been added to the gear unfortunately. Would be nice if SSG rethought this and added them, especially because they fixed the exploit that made people use them.
    Bonuses are gone, thats "fine". But pls, can you even give lvl 100 players lvl 100 gear? Not ITEMLVL 100 gear. While inspecting what you might get from box, it looks like itemlvl 204 with usable stats. When taken out of the box, it turns to itemlvl 100 and is just cosmetic...
    E: This was for Osgiliath instance gear. Haven't checked how is it with pelennor instance gear, because Legendary servers havent got that far yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothrir View Post
    Probably has to do with the fact, that Osgi/Pel sets scale, while there rest which they could put max level cap on is fixed - i.e. hytbold is 75, Erebor 85, throne 105, etc.

In theory, they could make 2 versions of the sets - 1 fixed and 1 scaling.

For example:
    - Osgiliath cluster, when ran @100 drops the "fixed" set with max level cap of 110;
    - Respectively, Pelennor 105 (capped 115); Rest of the level ranges drop scaled armor with the level it's been ran with no max level cap and no set bonus.

It's possible there's some technical limitation that prevents that, or SSG has decided that they won't be spending dev time on this.
    Make the gear drop from a level 100 box that only drops from level 100 versions of the instance... Like how Ost Dunhoth and Barad Guldur now work.

As y'know they should have also done for their respective instances and the Rohan/Erebor instances as well?

"But the box will bestow gear based on player level" -> Use an override like how the Winter-Bear bracelet works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimenuir View Post
    I've been making forum posts for the past 3 years... they refuse to budge.

And there it is! An update tomorrow and nothing about Osgiliath Armor.... Thanks for caring about the Legendary Servers guys