We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hello, I am in desperate need of help.

I am having trouble with my ROVING THREAT Plugin.I have asked around in game, reinstalled game , scan for updates, uninstalled plugins. Nothing is working on my main server Crickhollow.It loads fine on Landroval, Anor, Evernight, Arkenstone,Gladden But not Crickhollow.I only have limited knowledge of how to move files around and such. If someone could show where to look to rewrite or retype to make it communicate with server please and thank you.

Error:Unable to parse file!
    While processing Turbine.PluginData.Load(2, RTsettings, nil)
    I apologize, if this is wrong area.

Hm, I'm not sure what could cause your plugin to work on all servers but one. But this indicates it is a problem with server specific files. Is this problem on all your chars on that server or only a specific one? Because some years ago I used a plugin that would help track your virtue deeds and every now and then the char files for the plugin would get corrupted, but only for one or two chars. I then went and deleted the plugin's sub-directory of server-name/char-name/<all files that could possibly belong to that plugin> or rather moved those files to a directory outside the lotro directory structure. Then the plugin would load as if it had never been used before.

I don't know if this will help, it's just how I try to tackle problems like this.
    There's some good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

This is due to the inability to read a saved .plugindata file. The most common reason for this is the difference in numeric formats between the EN and DE/FR clients. Usually that means a user saved the file using one language of the client (EN or DE/FR) and subsequently tried to load the file in the other format (DE/FR or EN). It is also possible that the file simply became corrupt due to a hard drive or memory error (such as closing the client improperly or a client crash).

While it is possible for plugin authors to account for the number format discrepancy (all of my plugins handle this seamlessly behind the scenes), many authors only account for the utf-8 (accent and special character) format issues. Unfortunately, the only way for the end user to work around this is to delete the incompatible file. In your case the file seems to be a server specific file so it should be in the server specific folder under your account, that is "Documents\The Lord Of the Rings Online\PluginData\accountName\ serverName\AllCharacters" where accountName is your game account and serverName is Crickhollow. I don't use this particular plugin so I am not sure if it also stores data in character specific folders under the server folder (not just the AllCharacters folder) but you can look for those as well in any character named subfolder. Find a file that has a name similar to the plugin you are using (hopefully the author used a recognizable name) and delete the file then reload the game and plugin and it should work on that server again as long as you don't change client languages or have a client crash while unloading the plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildoriel View Post
    Hm, I'm not sure what could cause your plugin to work on all servers but one. But this indicates it is a problem with server specific files. Is this problem on all your chars on that server or only a specific one? Because some years ago I used a plugin that would help track your virtue deeds and every now and then the char files for the plugin would get corrupted, but only for one or two chars. I then went and deleted the plugin's sub-directory of server-name/char-name/<all files that could possibly belong to that plugin> or rather moved those files to a directory outside the lotro directory structure. Then the plugin would load as if it had never been used before.

I don't know if this will help, it's just how I try to tackle problems like this.
    Thanks for the reply I will play with it and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    This is due to the inability to read a saved .plugindata file. The most common reason for this is the difference in numeric formats between the EN and DE/FR clients. Usually that means a user saved the file using one language of the client (EN or DE/FR) and subsequently tried to load the file in the other format (DE/FR or EN). It is also possible that the file simply became corrupt due to a hard drive or memory error (such as closing the client improperly or a client crash).

While it is possible for plugin authors to account for the number format discrepancy (all of my plugins handle this seamlessly behind the scenes), many authors only account for the utf-8 (accent and special character) format issues. Unfortunately, the only way for the end user to work around this is to delete the incompatible file. In your case the file seems to be a server specific file so it should be in the server specific folder under your account, that is "Documents\The Lord Of the Rings Online\PluginData\accountName\ serverName\AllCharacters" where accountName is your game account and serverName is Crickhollow. I don't use this particular plugin so I am not sure if it also stores data in character specific folders under the server folder (not just the AllCharacters folder) but you can look for those as well in any character named subfolder. Find a file that has a name similar to the plugin you are using (hopefully the author used a recognizable name) and delete the file then reload the game and plugin and it should work on that server again as long as you don't change client languages or have a client crash while unloading the plugin.
    First thanks for the reply, I was thinking of doing that, but wanted to hear from brighter, smarter, people than myself.(Moors map and Terrian map) works fine no corruption
    I have not played with changing files in a long time and needed a more definitive answer before going forward.
    Garan, you might be right. I remember, I did not have any trouble till after I transferred some toons from PvP server to Evernight, a EN server and had my plugins enabled.So deleting said file and let it make a new file might work.I might have to stay off Evernight if this keeps up.

Ok thank you again to everyone that responded and your answers.

SUCCESS!!! IT WORKED!!! .I should not have second guessed myself and done this the first time!
    Back to hunting thanks again!!!!
    Last edited by Ronin_Immortal; Sep 15 2020 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post

Instead of deleting the file, I have a small Python script that can "repair" the file. (It just replaces all of the locale-specific numbers, e.g. "1.234" or "1,234", with locale-agnostic expressions, e.g. "1+234/1000".)

Usage:
    python settings_fixer.py Whatever.plugindata
    Last edited by Thurallor; Sep 16 2020 at 03:50 PM.