We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fade to Black, Rank 10 Kinship is recruiting

Fade to Black is a Rank 10 mature, friendly, laid-back kin and we are looking for new members to enjoy the game with and bolster our ranks.

We pride ourselves in having a relaxed environment and helping players grow, all within an ethos that real life comes first.

We have a solid core of older players but we’d like a few more to enable us to raid as a kin weekly and to be able to do all the other aspects this game can offer.

Things like:

Grouping up for content .
    Lv50 nights .
    Low level levelling groups.
    Silly stuff like chicken runs and little fun competitions.
    A place to just hang out and talk with other like minded people.

What we can offer you is:

A good mix of nationalities (English is the primary language) and people.
    A place where your voice will be heard and we don’t just cater to people who talk the loudest.
    A beautiful Belfelas Kinhouse Island with a full crafting area.
    Active Discord which we primarily use for comms and to organise everything but being old farts, we also have a website too.

Please message myself or one of our officers in game for more info.

Thanks for reading

Uth

Contacts:
    Illithania
    Livvy
    Nimrod
    Hidden
    Last edited by Utherkai; Feb 01 2021 at 09:20 AM.

Just a little update.

Recruitment has gone very well and we now have a wonderful group of people and are able to do all the things that we want to do.

Having said that, we have on occasion been a couple of people short on raids (with our real life first ethos this will happen) and we would therefore like to recruit a couple more casuals who would like to raid.
    We’re not too fussed about class but if we had to pick, a warden and a yellow captain would be nice!

We’re not going to suit a hardcore raider, we’re very much on the casual but regular side of things.

We’re definitely going to suit older, crankier people who need a lot of bios

Finally, if you’re reading this and the above post and you find it appealing, you’re more than welcome to give us a try and see if we’re a match. Feel free to contact one of the below or msg me directly

Cheers
    Uth

Illithania
    Livvy
    Nimrod
    Hidden
    Last edited by Utherkai; Feb 01 2021 at 09:20 AM.

Yet another update from F2B

Just a little update to let you know that Fade to Black is still around and moaning our way through lotro!

We still need a lot of bios, but we’re having plenty of laughs along the way!

Our lv50 night is now transitioning into a level 60 night, and we will be parking our tired butts in Moria for a long time to come, so if that’s content you like to do on level, then now would be a good time to join us.
    Raiding continues to go in the right direction too and we are now working our way through T2, (yes yes, nothing to scream about but you can’t beat achieving stuff with the same group after putting the work in and laughing whilst doing it!)

We still offer other things too, like class discussion nights, swapping food recipes (with pictures) and even an upcoming quiz night (I did mention we were old right).

All in all, we like hanging out and having a giggle and lets face it, we all need those things right now and being a smallish kin, means we really do all get to know each other!

So, if this sounds like something you’d be interested in, get in touch with one of the below officers for more info and an invite or alternatively get in touch with me via the forums.

Thanks all
    Uth

Illithania
    Livvy
    Nimrod
    Hidden
    Last edited by Utherkai; Feb 01 2021 at 10:31 AM.

4. Apr 07 2021, 03:56 PM

Hero Of the Small Folk 2013

The update you've been waiting for :)

Hi all,

Just bumping our recruitment thread to let you all know we’re still around and looking to make a couple of additions to our kin. Seems some people like going out again with their recently reacquired freedoms

Not looking for a huge influx of new members, just 2 or 3 to top up our raid nights.

Whilst we are very much a social/casual kinship, we do like to raid on a weekly basis and generally we’re at a T2 making inroads into T3 level, so we’re not going to suit your uber elite types.

Our emphasis will always be on the fun and hanging out with like minded types, we’re generally on the older end of the spectrum but very much young at heart. Yes we still need a lot of toilet breaks.

We laugh through most of our wipes and more so with silly mistakes (healing with my dps book is my personal favourite) but we try to learn and improve all the time.

We’re still doing all the other stuff too, level 60 nights are about to start again after a break, plus grouping up and social stuff like quiz’s, chicken runs and riddle evenings plus more.

If you’re still reading at this point and find this appealing, feel free to mail me or one of our officers in game for more information.

Cheers
    Uth

Livvy
    Nimrod
    Hidden
    Bere
    Legobornn

Hey Uth,
    Maybe, just maybe, I'll contact you. The daily wait for action in pvp makes me look for some other things to do next to that. And since I'm out of raiding long enough to forget a lot I could be your man for making silly mistakes . however I only have two bored and undergeared lvl130 toons atm but also a proper lvl60 one so maybe I can bring something to the table.
    CU soon.
    The end is here, the ring is gone. I could not help it . . .

Fade to Black is a Rank 10 kin still kicking around groaning our way through middle earth.

Whilst we are still happy to recruit all levels and types of players - we are now looking to add a couple of level 130's with some raiding experience, who are eager to make the jump up to the tougher tier 3 content with us. This would suit types who are comfortable(ish) with T2 raiding and want to push to T3 (this is pretty much where we are at as a kin).

From our point of view, the type of person you are is the most important factor, someone who wants to improve, receives advice in the right way, is willing to share experience and thinks of the kin first. There will be nights where you might be asked to sit out because of numbers but we keep a track of this and make sure it’s fair in the long run.

We have our own Discord Server and have regular weekly events with a good mixture of both raids/groups and in-game social evenings. We pride ourselves in having a relaxed environment, having a good laugh, helping players grow and all within an ethos that real life comes first - message me or one of our officers if you would like to know more.

Cheers
    Uth

Nimrod
    Pudz
    Bere
    Legobornn

8. Jan 16 2023, 07:55 AM

Fade to Black are a Rank 10 mature, friendly, laid-back kin and we are looking for new members to enjoy the game with and bolster our ranks.

We pride ourselves in having a relaxed environment and helping players grow, all within an ethos that real life comes first.

We have a small but stable core of long time players mixed with some recent new recruits who are settling in.

What we can offer you is:

A good mix of nationalities (English is the primary language) and people.
    A place where your voice will be heard and your feedback will help the kin grow.
    Active Discord which we primarily use for comms and to organise everything. Although we also like to keep the kin chat busy too.
    Grouping activity, be it raids, fellowship or small fellowship content.
    Our main nights are currently Tuesday and Thursdays 19:30 GMT / 20:30 CET
    Quiz nights held throughout the year often with some great in-game prizes.
    An environment where its the people that matter not the game.

For more information please contact our leader Legobornn or myself, Helcawen.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

"Everyone draws the moral line of what's acceptable just slightly below what they're actually doing."

"Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth. Ry'n ni yma o hyd."