We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A new Legendary Server ?

I hear talk around the web hinting at a possible new Legendary server this year. As someone that has never truly played Lord of the Rings Online I am truly interested in a new server where I can experience the game "fresh". Would any of you veterans out there know of a possible timeframe or date for this new server and what it would be like?

Thanks
    Pyde

It won't be a new "fresh" server. It will be a "special" server with some new mechanic and I think it's been postponed until next year. It will also probably require players to be VIP.

There is nothing on the current servers to stop you experiencing the game "fresh". Apart from the changes that have been made to classes and mechanics over the years, and some graphics changes, the start of the game is as it has always been. Everyone starts where they've always started and does the same quests they've always done.

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    the start of the game is as it has always been. Everyone starts where they've always started and does the same quests they've always done.
    The "fresh" game had a higher difficulty. Going through the game in god mode as it is in the current servers is not very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kariadoc View Post
    The "fresh" game had a higher difficulty. Going through the game in god mode as it is in the current servers is not very interesting.
    Playing 2007 game in 2021 isnt what you memories tell you about. So for new players this game might be somewhat fresh taking into account its still old enough compared to modern mmos. When 2007 would be some old and rotten for sure. On level group content is another story, its hard to play it when game is so old and mostly high end content exist for majority of players. But still there is an option to find kin where you can find ppl to play with through old stuff.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhard View Post
    Playing 2007 game in 2021 isnt what you memories tell you about. So for new players this game might be somewhat fresh taking into account its still old enough compared to modern mmos. When 2007 would be some old and rotten for sure. On level group content is another story, its hard to play it when game is so old and mostly high end content exist for majority of players. But still there is an option to find kin where you can find ppl to play with through old stuff.
    Unless you have a memory loss you would know what game you played in 2007. The 2007 version is less rotten than current version for sure lol. It was very different and more difficult. There was so many group quests as well. Right now, max level instances are very simple but just tuned very high t3+.. does that make it better or more fun? Naah..99% of the game can be completed by hitting 1-2 skills
    Last edited by bjute; Apr 27 2021 at 06:49 PM.

Pyde - we all have our opinions about the game, and how it is now compared to how we remember it years past. But that doesn't really help you.

I would recommend giving the game a try. That's the only way you'll know if it's something you'll enjoy. I can recommend the Gladden server as a friendly environment for new players, with helpful, sociable people and kins that are very welcoming to new players.

After playing for awhile, and maybe sampling a few servers to see what their communities are like, you'll know if LOTRO is for you or not.

Good luck to you wherever you journey!